• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 8-14 | Fining Nemo

Jazz-ism

Banned
Does his ghost super have any uses?

I don't think I've seen a single Bedman use it so far.

ghost super is kind of gimped at the moment ;/

if bedman takes a hit it goes away AND it has a hitbox AND it is super slow

that said i have seen tsubu and Lox use it sometimes with ....unreliable success? its just too much tension on a gamble tho. I can see it having uses against lame chars like axl maybe if they are fullscreen. Its definitely something that may be worth labbing in the future but I personally would just rather save my meter for deja vu YRC mixups (the reason u play the character), making mistakes safe or dead angling.

One setup for it that I saw that was interesting was activating after a hard knockdown ending combo with a Task B icon set. do a string that is maximum length that uses the deja vu B twice in a string and it takes up a good bit of time allowing the fog to get KIND OF close....but idk something u need to experiment with for sure

All i can say is I will stick to gaming threads and keep my opinions to myself. I think its kind of pointless to have a forum where people arent allowed to have opinions but :/ gaf gonna gaf

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
\
BTW, here's my daughter Cecilia Jade, born September 9th. She keeps bugging me about getting the full version of Smash right away but doesn't yet understand the concept of international release dates.

vvdHAJ4.jpg

Congratulation!

Sayah

So what I gathered from Smash impressions:

ZSS is GOOD.
Combo possibilities increased. Really interested to see what sort of madness can happen in a 2 v 2 matchup.
Speed is faster than brawler but slower than melee.
Less floaty.
Netcode is really good. Namco on a roll with this.
Looks gorgeous on 3DS. Though, I can't tell that from watching streams/videos.

Game shaping up real nice. Hoping the balance is really good and it has a healthy competitive scene until the next Smash game.

So many new characters too that I want to experiment with.

Jazz-ism

Banned

ZSS is GOOD.
Combo possibilities increased. Really interested to see what sort of madness can happen in a 2 v 2 matchup.
Less floaty.

Game shaping up real nice. Hoping the balance is really good and it has a healthy competitive scene until the next Smash game.

arent most of the "combos" escapable tho?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Max and VGBC are both streaming the game right now.

I can't be the only person who starts to get a blurry vision if I have to look down at a handheld too long, at least when it comes to gaming. That's why I bought a stand for my cellphone and whatever handhelds I game on to negate the problem.

This Chipp.

ghost super is kind of gimped at the moment ;/

if bedman takes a hit it goes away AND it has a hitbox AND it is super slow

that said i have seen tsubu and Lox use it sometimes with ....unreliable success? its just too much tension on a gamble tho. I can see it having uses against lame chars like axl maybe if they are fullscreen. Its definitely something that may be worth labbing in the future but I personally would just rather save my meter for deja vu YRC mixups (the reason u play the character), making mistakes safe or dead angling.

One setup for it that I saw that was interesting was activating after a hard knockdown ending combo with a Task B icon set. do a string that is maximum length that uses the deja vu B twice in a string and it takes up a good bit of time allowing the fog to get KIND OF close....but idk something u need to experiment with for sure

All i can say is I will stick to gaming threads and keep my opinions to myself. I think its kind of pointless to have a forum where people aren't allowed to have opinions but :/ gaf gonna gaf

I just happened to find a Bedman vs Ramlethal ArcRevo match here. Bedman seems to have some good pressure with that deja vu move (the shadow clone things?). I haven't played the game of course but just from watching videos it seems like whoever locks down the other person first wins since it seems that both characters rely a lot on setting up their specials.

That's unfortunate that the ghost super seems to be situational. Wouldn't his clock super act as a reversal though? It looks like the kind of move that would have some invincibility.

Jazz-ism

Banned
This Chipp.

I just happened to find a Bedman vs Ramlethal ArcRevo match here. Bedman seems to have some good pressure with that deja vu move (the shadow clone things?). I haven't played the game of course but just from watching videos it seems like whoever locks down the other person first wins since it seems that both characters rely a lot on setting up their specials.

That's unfortunate that the ghost super seems to be situational. Wouldn't his clock super act as a reversal though? It looks like the kind of move that would have some invincibility.

i misspoke yes clock super is a reversal and you can actually combo easily off of it on hit but again the point is that with bedman meter is VERY precious...

you are correct but the thing is ram has VERY good screen control obnoxious range on normals and godlike damage for no reason. IDK i am new to the matchup

Q: i think he takes work and a good neutral game but i think this is a char that could take a lot of people by surprise. a lot of people straight up do not know the match

my local arcade has their ringwide system set at 50 cents a game (which is VERY RARE) so i am trying to take advantage by learning this character over the next few months before console drops

ZSS is GOOD.
Less floaty.

I am still skeptical about the netcode. Remember when Vanilla Marvel launched? Mark and Sp00ky said the netcode was great, and that it felt like offline play. Folks don't know lag until they are familiar with lagless play. It is just too early to judge, I say.

Sayah

I am still skeptical about the netcode. Remember when Vanilla Marvel launched? Mark and Sp00ky said the netcode was great, and that it felt like offline play. Folks don't know lag until they are familiar with lagless play. It is just too early to judge, I say.

That's also true. We'll still have to wait and see, I suppose. Plus, 3DS version's netcode doesn't apply to Wii U version (I would assume).

At the very least, the game should be playable online unlike the previous Brawl entry.

Top Bottom