• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 8-14 | Fining Nemo

I played it a lot online despite the terrible lag.

Though, matches could run well if you just did 1v1 matches and both players had really good connections.

But the more players you added in the matchup/lobby, the worse the lag got. :(

I remember doing AllisBrawl's competitive ladder

Some people would just choose Rainbow Cruise like dicks ;~;

Bad lag + auto scroll stage is awful

Sayah

I remember doing AllisBrawl's competitive ladder

Some people would just choose Rainbow Cruise like dicks ;~;

Bad lag + auto scroll stage is awful

Hahahaha, I hate that stage so much. In fact, I hate mostly all scrolling stages. The DK one especially annoyed me. Pokefloats is the only one I like.

I remember joining allisbrawl but didn't really participate in anything there. It will probably become more active again now.

Sayah

I see Chindogg in a billion Nintendo threads on here.

This site is Nintendo hub central anyway. haha.
I think Nintendo fans are the largest segment of this site.
I'm a Nintendo fan. :)

Also read that the guy who leaked Smash roster got fired from ESRB. Sucks for him but should've known better. He leaked it to a friend who then shared it with another friend who then shared it with a group of friends until someone made it public.

If I worked at ESRB, I would never risk my job like that even if the pay sucked. Get all the details on games in advance before anyone else and test in-game content? Yes, please.

If I worked at ESRB, I would never risk my job like that even if the pay sucked. Get all the details on games in advance before anyone else and test in-game content? Yes, please.

But I thought they don't actually test anything, they just watch videos of said content.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I am still skeptical about the netcode. Remember when Vanilla Marvel launched? Mark and Sp00ky said the netcode was great, and that it felt like offline play. Folks don't know lag until they are familiar with lagless play. It is just too early to judge, I say.
Folks don't know what they're talking about until the game is at least 2 weeks out. Rule of thumb that always works.

Anyways, got a few games of Smash in with some friends. Fun as hell, but it seems like doing smashes is a bit too difficult with the circle pad. The C-stick on the n3DS would be perfect.

is that samitto?

he was like the only guy making chipp seem worthwhile in AC/+R. one of the real gods up there with koichi, FAB, NO, Machaboo etc.

I'm not sure. I can't read the kanji. In other videos I've seen him play in he always had his name written out in hiragana though.

i misspoke yes clock super is a reversal and you can actually combo easily off of it on hit but again the point is that with bedman meter is VERY precious...

you are correct but the thing is ram has VERY good screen control obnoxious range on normals and godlike damage for no reason. IDK i am new to the matchup

Q: i think he takes work and a good neutral game but i think this is a char that could take a lot of people by surprise. a lot of people straight up do not know the match

my local arcade has their ringwide system set at 50 cents a game (which is VERY RARE) so i am trying to take advantage by learning this character over the next few months before console drops

Hmm, I'm considering maining Bedman which is why I was curious. He doesn't seem to be a popular character so you're right in that their would be an advantage to playing him in the sense that there won't be a lot of knowledge and experience about him floating around.

I was going to say we should play when it comes out on console but I'm not too sure how well a Canada to Japan connection would fare.

kirblar

Aha- Ono had to move to Taiwan, hence the visits there for research. This would presume that the studio he's working with is located there.

We know DIMPS is the team working on the next-gen FG (and are based in Osaka), so I think this points to the next-gen game that's for PS4 only not being a fighting game, given that developing two of them simultaneously would be quite weird.

smurfx

get some go again
Aha- Ono had to move to Taiwan, hence the visits there for research. This would presume that the studio he's working with is located there.

We know DIMPS is the team working on the next-gen FG (and are based in Osaka), so I think this points to the next-gen game that's for PS4 only not being a fighting game, given that developing two of them simultaneously would be quite weird.
taiwan? wonder if capcom is working on some other f2p game that will target asia.

I have no sympathy for the Smash leaker. Everyone working on games has to keep their mouth shut about all the cool shit. Leaks just make life hard for marketing folks. How could you be so dumb to take pics?

kirblar

I have no sympathy for the Smash leaker. Everyone working on games has to keep their mouth shut about all the cool shit. Leaks just make life hard for marketing folks. How could you be so dumb to take pics?
Yup.

We know you're either a heartbroken emotional wreck on the inside, because Kitana's not in MKX, or are hopping up and down internally like a kid on Christmas morning who just got an N64 because she is, but that either way, you aren't allowed to tell us and must suffer in silence while we all speculate. :p

vulva

I've been playing chun too much. Some drunk homeless guy punched me in the neck tonight and my immediate thought was that if he came near me again to sweep his legs out. It's always a sweep with chun:(

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Folks don't know what they're talking about until the game is at least 2 weeks out. Rule of thumb that always works.

Anyways, got a few games of Smash in with some friends. Fun as hell, but it seems like doing smashes is a bit too difficult with the circle pad. The C-stick on the n3DS would be perfect.

I cant get over how great your current avatar decal is

Actually, seeing more of your opinions typed out, I understand what you mean to some extent. My only real complaints/concerns begin and end with how big the blast zones are for the majority of the stages. I'd certainly appreciate more gravity, momentum conservation from jumps and more dash options (bigger turn around windows before doing the sliding turn around animation to allow dash dancing [and thus better footsies/baiting maneuvers], crouch canceled running/dashes so you can do things like d-tilt pokes or feints into f-tilts/grabs), but there's enough here this time around that I want to see it develop for a bit longer before throwing any definite critiques on the game.

The cosmetic stuff though hasn't bugged me too much but that might be more because I see this as the small hit before the big fix in the Wii U version.

I really hope I'm not setting up for a fall being this optimistic.

All that too. Once the Wii U verison comes out I'll be happy to play that(and with the new controllers) but I don't feel this game being that good. Still lacking in so many areas.

bum still thinks nemesis is viable, what a scrub, amirite guys?
EMOTICON_Kappa.png

Even I use Nemmy-Chan so....

Ray just did one of the sickest combos I've ever seen.

Eh it was cool :(

Ike: You'll get so sympathy from me.

Sayah

The Namco fighter people and the Musuo people are making a lot of money this gen.

For Namco, judging from all their latest releases/upcoming titles:

Tekken Revolution - 4 million downloads. I'm sure they made bank on this.

SoulCalibur Lost Swords: No recent official numbers but it had crossed the 1 million mark before and I'm sure it's at least at around 2 million by now. More bank money.

Super Smash Bros. 4 - Not sure how much Nintendo payed them and I would like to know the official figure. Must have been quite significant, however, especially since they're making both 3DS and Wii U versions.

Upcoming releases:

Pokken: Just having Pokemon attached to its name means it's gonna sell. Even if the game ends up not being a good fighting game.

Tekken 7: Arcade monster. Lots of money.

Tekken X Street Fighter: No details yet.

New Gundam: Bigger arcade monster but lacking appeal in the west.

Plus, you have all the other Bandai stuff as well (Naruto, DragonBallZ) that can sell on brandname power alone. Naruto and DragonBall Z anime fans will buy this stuff regardless of game quality.

Sayah

Megaton!

Seems really close, surprised that they haven't unveiled gameplay yet. TGS maybe?

I guess I should already prepare myself to not be WOW 'ED by the graphics. Likely reason why they didn't want to show the gameplay yet.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/...version-will-also-feature-online-matchmaking/

"As we're still working on the game, the location test build of Tekken 7 will be running with about 50% of the graphical effects intended for the final release of the game," Harada said in Japanese on the Sugamo Cup tournament stream.

"We'd like for everyone to try out the new systems, try out the characters, and let us know what they think. With Tekken 7, what we want to do is create it with everyone.

"Then when the game is out, please enjoy playing the game with 100% of the game's graphical prowess fully activated, by taking advantage of Unreal Engine 4."

Mr. X

Gundam isn't released in the West.
And probably won't be since the Gundam license is all screwed up and stuff in the West.

Busaiku

We got the Gundam Warriors games.
Licensing isn't the big factor these days.
Nobody caring about Gundam is what matters.

Gundam actually doesn't have licensing troubles.
All the Gundam series ever were released by Bandai.
They also handle the toys and other merchandise. The only thing that wasn't done by Bandai were the comics, but that's only a minor point, and would likely not factor much into licensing.
They have all the copyrights and trademarks.

You're thinking of Macross or Super Robot Wars.

Dahbomb

Sayah

Sounds like PR preemptive damage control for when the game is showed it looks like a PS3/360 game which it will anyway even at 100%.

Games rarely look much better from their original game play reveal. So what we will see is what we will get.

Hyrule Warriors would like to have a word. :p

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah Namco has been doing everything right this gen. People should be looking at them instead of Capcom to see how a big company can handle making fighitng games profitable for them.

I just wish I had more of an interest in their titles. Just a casual EXVS fan and that game is never coming over here

Top Bottom