• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 8-14 | Fining Nemo

Sayah

Game went from looking like shit to looking less like shit?

Irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Damn son. The game clearly had a significant enough graphics boost from its original reveal.

Alternatively, look at Dark Souls II. It's the opposite effect. Game looked great but had to be downgraded to make it more "playable."

I'm not saying Tekken 7 will have these exact similar circumstances but we'll see.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
What a show :)

VSM1LED.jpg

uploading the archive now, should be up in like half an hour here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2QeiXFUonU

Beckx

We got the Gundam Warriors games.
Licensing isn't the big factor these days.
Nobody caring about Gundam is what matters.

Gundam actually doesn't have licensing troubles.
All the Gundam series ever were released by Bandai.
They also handle the toys and other merchandise. The only thing that wasn't done by Bandai were the comics, but that's only a minor point, and would likely not factor much into licensing.
They have all the copyrights and trademarks.

You're thinking of Macross or Super Robot Wars.

Some of the music in EXVS is licensed so would require them to obtain/pay for licenses. They seem to have decided that any cost to localize isn't worth it it, unfortunately.

Sayah

Gundam isn't released in the West.
And probably won't be since the Gundam license is all screwed up and stuff in the West.

They released the warriors games so I don't know.

But I thought they don't actually test anything, they just watch videos of said content.

I did not know about that.

Then again, didn't Smash 4 leaks have the player name changed to ESRB?

Regardless, it's a good deal getting early info.

Does Dynasty Warriors Gundam have any of the japanese music or VAs?

They have the Voice actors (at least in 3 they did, not sure about the newest/other ones) but the music was stripped and replaced by the generic Warriors music. The Japanese versions had the licensed music though.

Jazz-ism

Banned
I played maybe 40-50 games or so tonight bedman only with my local players. 2 of them play ram and have over 2500 games combined with her. I dont even think they are optimized with her (not combo wise, they are fine in that regard, but their mixup game is...simple?) and this matchup feels kind of rank to me...im learning but rams normals outrange yours and she gets more off of a hit than you. her attacks drain your meter and the fact that ANY HIT is going to lead into her bnb with full corner carry is :/

its tough i won maybe 38% but a lot of rounds lost were my fault down to the wire etc. I really like bedmans throw and the damage and oki off the knockdown from the resulting extension is awesome especially in a game with no throw tech! As i went on I began to understand the YRC Deja vu mixup game a little bit better. I plan on watching vids a lot this week and trying to watch for more specific setups and get cheesier pressure ideas. My biggest weakness right now is my lack of air comboability and dropping (1/2/3 HS) combos. This move is pretty important for your more damaging combos but you have to be REALLY conscious of where you and your opponent is in terms of the screen. If you misjudge the distance and it whiffs you are going to eat shit. very frustrating to learn but I am going to put in more time for sure

Busaiku

Seriously, I don't get how you guys ruin your systems like that. I logged like 2000 on my 3DS XL last year, and it's perfectly fine.

the type of person that breaks the pad of their 3ds is the type of person that sent their wiimotes flying into their brand new flat screen tvs.

people with low tactile control. consequently probably the type of person who also scratches or bends the touch screen device window.

or Nintendo is skimping out on the quality due to low amounts of Nintendium ™

Astarte

the type of person that breaks the pad of their 3ds is the type of person that sent their wiimotes flying into their brand new flat screen tvs.

people with low tactile control. consequently probably the type of person who also scratches or bends the touch screen device window.

or Nintendo is skimping out on the quality due to low amounts of Nintendium ™

People are being too enthusiastic with smash attacks. I would know, I witnessed someone break off their stick while trying to smash a bro

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
My old Halloween instincts kicking in. Pour the whole bowl in my bag if you leave it outside

Deadpool please

Mighty generous of you, Sayah. If my PC wasn't garbage I would take you up on the offer.

I'm surprised there weren't any reports of anyone breaking the circle pad in SF4 3DS.
Have you seen how some people play Smash? They look like my Mom does when she jumps alongside Mario because she thinks it helps.

The Thaiger Uppercut stream cut off on me this morning when Gamerbee had like 1% health left with Adon and a local Thai player had about 15-20 with T. Hawk. When the stream died, everybody was going nuts in the chat and just typing hysterically for like 5 minutes before I gave up and went to sleep. Is there any footage of how Gamerbee managed to come back and win? I checked the archive but I don't think its there. That would suck if their was no footage of that comeback.

kirblar

The Thaiger Uppercut stream cut off on me this morning when Gamerbee had like 1% health left with Adon and a local Thai player had about 15-20 with T. Hawk. When the stream died, everybody was going nuts in the chat and just typing hysterically for like 5 minutes before I gave up and went to sleep. Is there any footage of how Gamerbee managed to come back and win? I checked the archive but I don't think its there. That would suck if their was no footage of that comeback.
EX Spire chipout attempt got DP FADC Ultra'd. Hawk player didn't make Adon come to him, paid for it.

Busaiku

Kid Icarus Uprising was super brutal on the Circle Pad.
Dodging in that required you to constantly put the hurt on it.
Smash Attacks, in comparison, are much friendlier.

That online match-makimg for T7 is interesting. I wonder what the standard of connection will be needed by the arcade to be part of it. Seems really cool for when the arcade is empty that day.

I guess he wants it though so if like your local arcade is full of killers, you can choose not to play them and look online for somebody to play.

Makes me wonder that though, actually how big their highest concurrent user base would be to make this really work.

Sf4 has lots of players online and people still don't like who they get matched up with.

Would be nice if it was just not Asia and NA and EU could get on the system.

Exciting stuff.

Top Bottom