• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 remake listed for xbox one on game.es and gamestop

Fbh

Looks like a placeholder.

But anyway. As far as I remember it was announced as a timed exclusive (I think even the trailer said "play it first on PS4") so it eventually making it to every other major platform makes sense

AlexxKidd

This game may not even hit the ps4 until 2020, and no one knows how long the timed exclusivity is for but the only thing to take from someone looking to take preorders on a game with no release date is that theyre happy to take your money for nothing

GenericUser

It was clear since the announcement, that this game will be multiplatform. They said "play it first on ps4" iirc, everybody with common sense should now what that means. And after all: who cares? As long as I can play the game on a platform I own, I'm totally cool with other folks also being able to enjoy the game.

The Shepard

As long as the end product is of high quality and does justice to the ff7 name I couldn't care less if its exclusive or not. Can't wait to see it again with the internal square team on it now. Roll on next week!

Pallas

Yeah .. I don’t think it was ever a mystery if this was full exclusive or not(it’s not) and the timed exclusivity that PS4 had might not mean much if this game takes forever which looks to be the case.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
The thirst for this game being remade is something I'll never understand.

And yes, I was there for the original release I'm old.

Fortnitegreat

Neo Member
Just checked the product page and it's something like up to 70 Euro for reversing. As I see it will be multiplatform and I'm happy that it will come on Playstation 4. Final Fantasy is game that I'm playing for last few years already.

Oh boy, I hope we can get a sequel to this then!
hqdefault.jpg

Xmengrey

Oh boy, I hope we can get a sequel to this then!
hqdefault.jpg
We really won't since this game was always announced as a timed exclusive

There would be little to know case but this makes me curious

Was it Square that went to Sony to make it a timed deal or did Square Enix go to Sony at all?

If so what are the details of the timed deal?

Is it even still a timed deal?

If so how long?

I mean a timed exclusive could mean 1 week

It could mean a few months

It could mean a year

Did them leaving CC2 have anything to do with it?

Hilarion

This game was never announced as a PS exclusive game anyway.

You're right, but I was under the impression that it was PS4 + PC (console exclusive), not truly multiplatform.

Either way, it'll be a great treat when it comes out as a PS5 launch title.

Dabaus

Banned
I can believe SE would announce this at MS Show. They seem tone deaf enough and out of touch with their fan base enough to pull a stunt like that and think their fans will be excited about it. Wasn't the sales difference between 15 like 10:1 world wide? That should tell you something but SE in particular insists on catering to a fanbase on a console that quite frankly doesn't care about their products. SE, and Japanese Devs in particular love a good deal with the devil. Off the top my head Star Ocean, , Ace Combat, and sleuth of JRPGS are so damaged from any deals with xbox theyre almost irrelevant anymore.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I don't care if it is multiplatform. Just don't turn it into FFXV.

Tho at this point I think I'd honestly prefer 16bit demakes of 7-14 with FFRK style graphics.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
People really gonna buy a AAA game that is sold via episodes?

sublimit

Banned
If anyone believes that FFVII Remake will not come to XB1 AND PC at some point is the most naive person in the world.

Fbh

People really gonna buy a AAA game that is sold via episodes?

I think their idea is to make 3 AAA games out of it instead of dividing one AAA game into 3.
A bit like how new line went from 1 movie for each one of the LOTR books to 3 movies for the single Hobbit book.

But much like the hobbit, I fear it will suffer from it. I don't see how dividing FFVII into 3 games is going to work unless every part is filled with bloat. IMO FFVII and a lot of RPG's from back then worked because you don't spend 30 hours fighting filler mobs and completing filler fetch quests in Midgar.

Well, it worked for Hitman...

Apparently not well enough for Square to want to keep the franchise.
But I don't think the Hitman style is what Square is going for.

They don't want to release one big game in parts. They want to release 3 big games

Last edited:
FF7 was a single game in the 90s

Yeah if it's not Cloud getting off the train to the grand finale like the first game then it's Episodic. I always thought what they were shooting for was Episode 1 for early 2019 which wouldn't even get out of Midgar. Or maybe that would be the end of the first episode. Then we'll get an Episode 1+2 bundle on PS5/XB2 and a trilogy or whatever it turns into eventually in some big version later down the road.

I get they want to expand on the story, maybe incorporate some of Advent Children/Crisis Core, but that still means it's going to be Episodic. Whether they call it Final Fantasy Remake 7-I, 7-II, 7-III, and 7-IV or otherwise.

Not saying I have a problem with it, I'll buy it.

They still should have re-made FF6 instead, but that's besides the point.

bitbydeath

If this is episodic then why even bother releasing one episode on current-gen?
It'll take a full generation just to get 3 games out at this rate. (Providing that is how many we would be expecting).
And there is no way they'd still be supporting the old PS4 and XB1 by the middle or end of next gen.

Last edited:

Xmengrey

My thinking is a lot of the assets and gameplay systems will be done in Part 1 so the remaining parts might not take years to make hell I suspect Part 2 and Part 3 will be within months of each other because unlike the FFXIII Trilogy

1. The VII Remake largely has it's base story complete
2. The gameplay and assets I suspect will largely be the same for each title unlike FFXIII where it was changing on a dime, and the assets and characters were completely new

I personally suspect that the VII Remake will come out in 1 generation this generation

Early 2019 for Part 1 maybe late 2019 early 2020 for part 2 and Part 3 will come out a few months after part 2 and will be the shortest part but honestly we have little to no idea how they are going to structure this game

I suspect when it comes to release dates the VII Remake is going to be a mix of FFXIII Trilogy(In terms of how many games get released), and .hack(In terms of frequency)

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
Just pre-ordered FFVII remake for xbox one at walmart since it's 50$ cad instead of 79$ cad right now.
I wanted to buy a ps4 for that title but now that it comes out on xbox I think I'll buy an xbox one and subscribe to game pass, is it worth it?

Just pre-ordered FFVII remake for xbox one at walmart since it's 50$ cad instead of 79$ cad right now.
I wanted to buy a ps4 for that title but now that it comes out on xbox I think I'll buy an xbox one and subscribe to game pass, is it worth it?

Honestly, I doubt it will ever hit gamepass and if it does, it could take years. Ff15 isn’t even in game pass yet and convincing we to put the gene on gamepass so close to release might be difficult. You never know though.

Malakhov

Banned
Honestly, I doubt it will ever hit gamepass and if it does, it could take years. Ff15 isn’t even in game pass yet and convincing we to put the gene on gamepass so close to release might be difficult. You never know though.
Ah, sorry, I think I wasnt clear. I meant I pre-ordered ffvii remake for xbox one and will buy an xbox one instead of a ps4 since I first thought that ffvi remake would be ps4 exclusive. The thing is, I havent done any gaming in the last 10 years and the gamepass catalog is pretty big for someone who gets back into gaming just now and was asking if it was worth going with that route? (xbox one and gamepass)

Last edited:

bufkus

its obvious that this title will be ported eventually. Square Enix isn't going to give up easy money by being exclusive.

Top Bottom