• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy 7 remake listed for xbox one on game.es and gamestop

CyberPanda

Banned
Damn, that sucks. So Xbox players even like the franchise in the first place? That's like having Halo or Gears on the PlayStation, it doesn't make any sense and would feel out of place.
Dude. Gamers love games, these plastic toys are just causing division in the gaming community, and petty arguments lol. I wouldn’t even care if Halo and Gears went to PS, that means more people get to play it. But, that’s up to a gamers to decide if they want to play or not.

Bottom line all these companies whether it be Sony, Ms, Nintendo, SE etc just want our money. They could give a flying fuck about us otherwise. They just drool over whatever is in your wallet, and if you will pull on the dollar bills and spend it on their respective consumer devices/products.

Dude. Gamers love games, these plastic toys are just causing division in the gaming community, and petty arguments lol. I wouldn’t even care if Halo and Gears went to PS, that means more people get to play it. But, that’s up to a gamers to decide if they want to play or not.

Bottom line all these companies whether it be Sony, Ms, Nintendo, SE etc just want our money. They could give a flying fuck about us otherwise. They just drool over whatever is in your wallet, and if you will pull on the dollar bills and spend it on their respective consumer devices/products.

750182.jpg

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I can believe SE would announce this at MS Show. They seem tone deaf enough and out of touch with their fan base enough to pull a stunt like that and think their fans will be excited about it. Wasn't the sales difference between 15 like 10:1 world wide? That should tell you something but SE in particular insists on catering to a fanbase on a console that quite frankly doesn't care about their products. SE, and Japanese Devs in particular love a good deal with the devil. Off the top my head Star Ocean, , Ace Combat, and sleuth of JRPGS are so damaged from any deals with xbox theyre almost irrelevant anymore.
I care :(.

Cranberrys

Damn, that sucks. So Xbox players even like the franchise in the first place? That's like having Halo or Gears on the PlayStation, it doesn't make any sense and would feel out of place.

So wait, I'm a Xbox player and so I can't have Final Fantasy ? Why, exactly ? Halo and Gears are Microsoft payed and owned IPs like Uncharted or Horizon are Sony IPs, Final Fantasy has never been a Sony franchise and the fact that at some point in the past, FF was exclusive to PlayStation was a business decision based on various criterias (lack of CD-Rom support by Nintendo was one of the Reason). Today and for a long time, the franchise is multiplat. Furthermore FFVII R was never intented as a PlayStation exclusive not even timed, it was presented at Sony E3 for obvious marketing reasons and SE remained elusive about Xbox for the same reasons. Now that the game is more advanced, they started communicating about Xbox as well and at E3, it will be also presented on Xbox, I have no doubts about it.

I can believe SE would announce this at MS Show. They seem tone deaf enough and out of touch with their fan base enough to pull a stunt like that and think their fans will be excited about it. Wasn't the sales difference between 15 like 10:1 world wide? That should tell you something but SE in particular insists on catering to a fanbase on a console that quite frankly doesn't care about their products.

Xbox gamers not liking japanese games or RPGs is an urban legend. I'm an avid Xbox fan since OG, Xbox One being my favorite system ever, and I love japanese games and RPGs.

Last edited:
So wait, I'm a Xbox player and so I can't have Final Fantasy ? Why, exactly ? Halo and Gears are Microsoft payed and owned IPs like Uncharted or Horizon are Sony IPs, Final Fantasy has never been a Sony franchise and the fact that at some point in the past, FF was exclusive to PlayStation was a business decision based on various criterias (lack of CD-Rom support by Nintendo was one of the Reason). Today and for a long time, the franchise is multiplat. Furthermore FFVII R was never intented as a PlayStation exclusive not even timed, it was presented at Sony E3 for obvious marketing reasons and SE remained elusive about Xbox for the same reasons. Now that the game is more advanced, they started communicating about Xbox as well and at E3, it will be also presented on Xbox, I have no doubts about it.
you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

BruceCM

These days, there's really no reason it shouldn't come out on xbox at the same time as Playstation.... :messenger_sunglasses: Potentially, it might be a timed exclusive but I'm sure there's enough FF fans who have only XBox 1 or people who might get it there if it comes but wouldn't get PS for it :messenger_savoring:

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FF VII-R for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FF VII-R for X1 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

mortal

Gold Member
Final Fantasy hasn't been a PlayStation exclusive in over a decade. Shouldn't that be a given at this point?

Celcius

°Temp. member
I hope the PC release isn't more than 6 months behind the PS4 release. Although at this point I'd rather them just save it for being a PS5 launch title.

wvnative

I hope its day and date for Xbox One, love my PS4, but my PS4 has a lot of distractions with friends and the like, Xbox One has uninentionally become my "Single Player" console, and not only that, but only a fool would pick the PS4 version over Xbox One X.

Of course, if its a timed exclusive, I ain't waiting on no Xbox version.

Petrae

If I was going to get this at all, it would have to be on the Xbox One X for better performance over my decrepit original PS4... just like with any third-party game.

It’s too late in the generation to buy a Pro, not to mention the hassle of moving/reinstalling/redownloading 3+ TB of stuff isn’t appealing.

wvnative

If I was going to get this at all, it would have to be on the Xbox One X for better performance over my decrepit original PS4... just like with any third-party game.

It’s too late in the generation to buy a Pro, not to mention the hassle of moving/reinstalling/redownloading 3+ TB of stuff isn’t appealing.

To be fair, PS4 makes this as easy as humanly possible. Upload all saves to the cloud, copy the entire HDD to an external, plug the external in the new PS4, then just download all your saves. Your done.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Interestingly enough, it was also listed on XB1 last year at Walmart.ca along with Rage 2, which everyone thought was fake at the time. Although so was a new Splinter Cell and that wasn't announced. But that's more likely this year.

Last edited:

Larxia

There was always questions of whether it was a full exclusive or timed exclusive, still kind of surprised it was listed as Xbox One and not PS4.
Even the very first announcement trailer said "Play it first on ps4", which announced the timed exclusive right from the beginning

Larxia

I swear I wasn't trolling but the post was lame in hindsight. It won't happen again.
Were you seriously not trolling? I have a hard time believing that.
And why a Xbox gamer couldn't play a Final Fantasy game? It's crazy to believe that people should stick to a single brand during their whole lives, is that really how you see gaming?
And it doesn't even matter at all in this example, Final Fantasy didn't even start on playstation, it's not a Sony IP, in any way.

Last edited:
Were you seriously not trolling? I have a hard time believing that.
And why a Xbox gamer couldn't play a Final Fantasy game? It's crazy to believe that people should stick to a single brand during their whole lives, is that really how you see gaming?
And it doesn't even matter at all in this example, Final Fantasy didn't even start on playstation, it's not a Sony IP, in any way.
I made the fatal mistake of treating Final Fantasy like Persona as a "2nd Party" PlayStation franchise. Thinking about it now, Final Fantasy did release on the Xbox 360 and One so in hindsight, I was wrong to say what I said. Hence, my intention wasn't to troll (I don't troll to derail threads for obvious reasons).

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
"They still should have re-made FF6 instead, but that's besides the point. "

Agreed....far superior game that needs a great remake.
FF6 is maybe my all time favorite but I still think 7 needs the remake most.

6 is basically the perfect 2D classic Final Fantasy.

7 seems very ambitious for its time but was somewhat constrained by the technology. Battle scenes are mostly plain untextured polygons and run at 15 FPS. Backgrounds look pretty great except they’re low resolution. And it’s a
mishmash of realistically proportioned character models/environments and superdeformed characters with “Tardis” environments (e.g. the church in Midgar is like 50x bigger on the inside than it is on the outside)

Also I think the FF VII battles are the most boring in the whole series.

I’d love a 6 remake someday but 7 needs it way more.

Last edited:

AlexxKidd

I made the fatal mistake of treating Final Fantasy like Persona as a "2nd Party" PlayStation franchise. Thinking about it now, Final Fantasy did release on the Xbox 360 and One so in hindsight, I was wrong to say what I said. Hence, my intention wasn't to troll (I don't troll to derail threads for obvious reasons).

To be fair, no Xbox system received a good Final Fantasy game until this year.

stickkidsam

I'm glad it will inevitably be multi platform, but man I can't imagine playing FFVII with anything that's not a dualshock.

sendit

This is a good sign that this game is coming to the PC as well. Possibly an EPIC store exclusive.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I thought this was known, at most a time exclusive.
But fully exclusive? Nah
it was definitely known to be coming to other platforms.

FranXico

It was clear since the announcement, that this game will be multiplatform. They said "play it first on ps4" iirc, everybody with common sense should now what that means. And after all: who cares? As long as I can play the game on a platform I own, I'm totally cool with other folks also being able to enjoy the game.
This. This, right here. I (might) get it on PS4(5?), play it on PC or Xbox if you like. Everyone be happy this game is getting made and enjoy it.

ROMhack

Timed exclusives are an insanely good deal for the publishers. You get one company (Sony) throwing money at you for timed-exclusivity rights, then get to mop up on the other console (Xbox) to a whole new group of players, almost like a second release window. It'll come to PC too.

II_JumPeR_I

Timed exclusives are an insanely good deal for the publishers. You get one company (Sony) throwing money at you for timed-exclusivity rights, then get to mop up on the other console (Xbox) to a whole new group of players, almost like a second release window. It'll come to PC too.
Its still a terrible practice and Sony is the worst offender of that shit this gen so far... But nobody calls them out about that... but when Microsoft or Nintendo do something like that... oh oh be prepared...

Dontero

Banned
It never makes any sense why they made this version of remake instead of something like SotC. Only part that needed update was gameplay and UI mechanically rest was just pure graphics work and a bit of animation work. And it is not like gameplay needed a lot of changes. Rename Fire1/2/3 to Fire Fira Firaga, Speed up a bit ATB, remove obvious broken stuff, introduce skip for long attack animations etc. Personally i liked how FF9 did this where you had 2 versions of summons short one and long one and you never knew when you would get full attack with extra damage (or was it FF8 ? hmm ff8 was with mash sqare stuff...)

Skyfox

I’ve a pro and a one X and I haven’t been able to preorder to support the game because they won’t clarify the exclusivity.

If it’s like 6 months I’ll get it on 1X. If it’s a year or more I’ll get it on Pro.

Why?

Because I want the best version I can get.

Top Bottom