• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a one-off comment but the sorting in this game is so bad. It never seems to work right. Am I missing something?! I hate that it first splits units that are in parties from those that aren't. Thats the issue. It trivializes any sort setting.

Kouriozan

I boot Memu and see I have 110 Lapis, f***! (I'm playing on iOS)
Did a few trial missions since I always skip those, reached 200 lapis and increased my equips slot (at 84/100 now)
I must have claimed my daily quests on it without paying attention :(

eggydoo

Jesus Dark Fina totally trivializes the arena. She's not even 6* yet and Distress just shuts down entire teams on the first turn. Anybody left gets cleaned up by Chiz & Luneth.

Unlocked distress to try it out and went after a tougher team to test it on. It's def a little OP.

Syntsui

Dark Fina is worse than Noctis in the arena, no need to pull her for that reason if you have him already.

All top tier teams have petrify immunity, only the guys that dont give a fuck/are clueless are victim to her shenanigans.

Lyrian

Does that mean the Noctis hating can stop now
??

Sorry, it can't because the penultimate circle jerk of the ultimate Obi-Wan Kenobi wannabe hasn't reached it's climax yet and some of Exvius-GAF haven't exhaled in over 200 days waiting in anticipation of ultimate despair when they don't draw him in over 300 pulls. Therefore, everyone who isn't thou-who-must-not-be-named-else-I-won't-pull-him will be generally be universally hated upon, at least publicly in order to appease Him.

Chinner

Banned
Sorry, it can't because the penultimate circle jerk of the ultimate Obi-Wan Kenobi wannabe hasn't reached it's climax yet and some of Exvius-GAF haven't exhaled in over 200 days waiting in anticipation of ultimate despair when they don't draw him in over 300 pulls. Therefore, everyone who isn't thou-who-must-not-be-named-else-I-won't-pull-him will be generally be universally hated upon, at least publicly in order to appease Him.
Woah.

ExVicis

I need more discipline! Said i wasnt going to pull for maj fina. 20 tickets later, no maj fina. Still sitting on 16.5k lapis for TGC.
Noctis completely burned me on pulling. I've been steadfast in not pulling.

Instead all I've been doing is farming TMR. Finally got Dual-Wield, so that's something. put it on Agrias for now until I finally decide to go get the Thorned Mace.

Lyrian

I'm a bit salty for some reason today, don't know why. Not sure where that came from. Guess I got up on the wrong side of the bed or something or it's the weather or I don't know.

That said, I will be finally glad when the obsession with Orlandu that has been pervasive in the community since Global launch will finally be over. Sometimes, I really do think that the worst concept in Global is knowing what is coming down the pike half a year down the road, as that creates an awful lot of unshakable obsessions in the mindsets of people.

Kouriozan

At least Orlandu is bad for the Arena so I'll be fine with it.
Until the Shantottocalypse, but the AI will probably almost never use it so it should be OK.

Rixa

^^
@Lyrian is in good mood :D

My arena orbs have been rotting all day. Prolly before going to bed I do 5 fights and thats it.

Lyrian

True enough. Besides, a lot of us already have Poorlandu, aka Agrias.

This is true. Kind of funny in that by the time Orlandu hits Global, a more accessible version of him is already known to exist on JP. Such is the nature of power creep.

^^
@Lyrian is in good mood :D

LOL, I should be and not be so tart and tangy. After all, after 191 days, I finally pulled a Zidane today. On the other hand..... I spent all of November's and December's trust moogles on my current TM batch 3 days ago.

/hears Gumi laughing maniacally in the background.

Stuff happens. At least for sure, Zidane will be in the next batch of TMs. Dual Wield finally by the end of February or March perhaps.

Alkez

Sometimes, I really do think that the worst concept in Global is knowing what is coming down the pike half a year down the road, as that creates an awful lot of unshakable obsessions in the mindsets of people.

Completely agree with this.

Syntsui

At least Orlandu is bad for the Arena so I'll be fine with it.
Until the Shantottocalypse, but the AI will probably almost never use it so it should be OK.
I dare anyone to get a 100 streak with a team full of Shanttotos when she gets her 5*. They have to face the highest ranked adversary all the time though.

She will be the purest definition of glass cannon.

I am saving all my tickets to
not
pull Dangerous Ariana.

I would be shocked if her rates weren't boosted through the roof - her entire reason for existing is to draw interest to the game from people who don't normally play it. Remember, the first hit's always free. You don't get that with 5 tickets that yield 5 Shadows.

Celegus

I would be shocked if her rates weren't boosted through the roof - her entire reason for existing is to draw interest to the game from people who don't normally play it. Remember, the first hit's always free. You don't get that with 5 tickets that yield 5 Shadows.

Yeah I can't see her as a 5* base for this very reason. Either free for everyone or a 4*, but who knows.

Lyrian

Hummm....

Going to have to try this later.

Reddit and the Wiki are reporting that if you have a device that doesn't crash in the event exploration, this is the mother of all Unit XP farms.

PRO is 189k unit XP, but 78 fights total to get there, with most 550+ ATK friend units being able to solo Dark Fina at the end (only 230k health).

Alkez

His TM is the best for a tank. If you want to build a good tank, you should try to farm at least one

Took your advice. Used 2 tickets. Got 2 Elles. Think I'm done with this banner lol.

Extras would be nice but I don't want to waste tickets when I can just farm these 2 for 2 Talismans if need be.

Skii

Who do you currently have?

Here's my box:
BRJOy1d.png

RxUtuKZ.png

zX4MyaB.png

It's pretty average but I'm pretty new to this so I don't really know what I need.

Also, can anyone tell me what my best team is.

Thanks

Chinner

Banned
This is true. Kind of funny in that by the time Orlandu hits Global, a more accessible version of him is already known to exist on JP. Such is the nature of power creep.

LOL, I should be and not be so tart and tangy. After all, after 191 days, I finally pulled a Zidane today. On the other hand..... I spent all of November's and December's trust moogles on my current TM batch 3 days ago.

/hears Gumi laughing maniacally in the background.

Stuff happens. At least for sure, Zidane will be in the next batch of TMs. Dual Wield finally by the end of February or March perhaps.
Well if it helps, i havent encountered a single Zidane yet.

Alkez

How much HP do people have on their healer? I have 4947 on my Refia atm. Wondering what I should be aiming for.

Here's my box:

It's pretty average but I'm pretty new to this so I don't really know what I need.

Also, can anyone tell me what my best team is.

Thanks

You have Refia (and Ludmille for her TM), so Luka's a sidegrade at best. You don't have any mages, and Dark Fina's the best but we don't chase 5* units.

Just do the story! You don't need to pull on this banner.

IMO, your team should be:

Rain
Bartz
Refia
Warrior of Light

... then, I suppose either Garland or Krile. Probably Krile.

Skii

You have Refia (and Ludmille for her TM), so Luka's a sidegrade at best. You don't have any mages, and Dark Fina's the best but we don't chase 5* units.

Just do the story! You don't need to pull on this banner.

IMO, your team should be:

Rain
Bartz
Refia
Warrior of Light

... then, I suppose either Garland or Krile. Probably Krile.

Yeah I need to do the story but I seem to lose interest because I just auto it and after getting 100 lapis, I just quit the app. I really want to like this game considering how popular it is but even awakening and just the general battle system seems to be too complex for me to delve into. I dunno.

But I guess I'll wait on pulling until there's like an OP like the Noctis one.

One thing I don't know about the banners is: when there's a banner like dark fina this time, it means it's the only time you can pull that character or that the chances are better?

Raika

One thing I don't know about the banners is: when there's a banner like dark fina this time, it means it's the only time you can pull that character or that the chances are better?

Most banners are rate ups, but there are exceptions. A while back we got a Brave Frontier banner, and the Brave Frontier units were exclusive to their banner. Once the banner left you couldn't get them anymore until it returned.

Well finished ELT first try, wasn't difficult with Refia, Cecil, Ingus, Chizuru, CoD and someones strong gilg :D. back to TM farming!

Lyrian

How much HP do people have on their healer? I have 4947 on my Refia atm. Wondering what I should be aiming for.

I was pacing 5500, now at 6000 after looking at Valentus's no-TM build.

With pots, Refia stacks enough MP and SPR that she doesn't really need any further boosts in those departments (with the 6k build, mine is at 400 MP and over 400 SPR).

Stack HP abilities and Muscle Belts mainly, unless you have a good accessory/ability to use otherwise. For healers, the most important thing that really matters is having enough HP to tank that hit and not die, and then heal back from it for the next turn.

Alkez

I was pacing 5500, now at 6000 after looking at Valentus's no-TM build.

With pots, Refia stacks enough MP and SPR that she doesn't really need any further boosts in those departments (with the 6k build, mine is at 400 MP and over 400 SPR).

Stack HP abilities and Muscle Belts mainly, unless you have a good accessory/ability to use otherwise. For healers, the most important thing that really matters is having enough HP to tank that hit and not die, and then heal back from it for the next turn.

Yeah you're right. Did some calcs and with a hp +30% that I have waiting in the wings and one of Elle's TMs instead of a muscle band I can get her to 6k while still having 3 ability slots open.

Used one more ticket. Got Elle. 3 for 3 lol. Now I'm definitely done.

Whales

Banned
ya'll think TM farming for equip L sword a good idea?

I'd use 5 garlands and fuse them to get it quickly, and then I could use it on CoD and she would be able to equip Excalibur... With a dualwield she could use that Excalibur with the man eater mace... Feels like a good idea to me. Am I missing something?

ya'll think TM farming for equip L sword a good idea?

I'd use 5 garlands and fuse them to get it quickly, and then I could use it on CoD and she would be able to equip Excalibur... With a dualwield she could use that Excalibur with the man eater mace... Feels like a good idea to me. Am I missing something?

I would get one yes.

Shouta

I dare anyone to get a 100 streak with a team full of Shanttotos when she gets her 5*. They have to face the highest ranked adversary all the time though.

She will be the purest definition of glass cannon.

You don't need a full team of Shanttotos to decimate the arena. 2 of them with chained Tornado wrecks shop, lol. Heck, I was wrecking shop with Dark Fina, Shanttoto, and Y'shtola chaining Aerogas and Tornado, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom