• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just freaking realized the one month I decide to take a break from Arena for finishing in the top 500 is when they are giving out the attack pots......FML. This is why it's very important to try and get a good place the first few hours when arena starts. I've done this since it started here in global but the one time I say F it is when I really need it.

CCIE

Banned
I recently drew a second Ludmille, and she and Zidane #2 are in the next set of TM's after I finish up BM for Light and Chiz, my first DW, and 2xMiuki. Probably 2-3 weeks before that set is started.

Hopefully, before Valentine's Day I will have a good 700+ ATK Chiz and Light to go with DC Refia, before I begin work on my second DW, DC, and probably start on my Cowls, as well as finish off Snow #1, who is actually sitting at 60% or so - pulled him off TM a few weeks ago to jumpstart Chiz on the disastrous Noctis banner.

KeRaSh

I'll explain. I brute forced the hell out of Finna elite with my own Noctis, Cecil, Refia, Elza, and Lightning. I got her down to 5% in the first round. She proceeded to nuke my ass into oblivion, killing pretty much everyone but Cecil and Refia who barely survived. I had to double raise my own Noctis and friend Noctis. Cecil used Curaja. Dark Fina then confused my noctis who destroyed himself lol, leaving friend noctis behind. Somewhere in this fuck up if Cecil had dual cast things could have worked out easier. My goal for my own Cecil is to give him Dual Cast and Esuna, turn him into psuedo healer and use Tilith 6* or Refia until Tilith. This is just personal opinion, I feel Dual Cast is just one materia you should have two of if you can.

That seems like a rare situation that could also be solved by just doing the fight a second time with a litte more luck. Not sure I want to get a second DC just for that.
Considering I'm not even running Refia at all right now (even for Dark Fina) I don't think I should go for 2 DCs at the moment. I'll eventually pull more DCs so at least then they won't be dead pulls.

Valentus

So PRO gives you 190k exp for 10 nrg... If you fight the 78 battles.

And with double exp ehh thats... 380k exp for 50 minutes of exploration.

If your device dont Crash, thats am insane amount of exp per nrg

So PRO gives you 190k exp for 10 nrg... If you fight the 78 battles.

And with double exp ehh thats... 380k exp for 50 minutes of exploration.

If your device dont Crash, thats am insane amount of exp per nrg

And if it does crash, you're probably going to throw your phone across the room.

H3xum

So Val, I am sure you have explained it but I haven't been active the last few days, but, is there a reason for the Medius companion unit haha

Lyrian

Kinda off topic, but...

Anyone know why emulators run like dog doodoo on my laptop? It's a Surface Book, it should have enough juice. Even my wife's $500 computer from nine years ago runs emulators better.

I mean, I can play pretty intense games on this thing at a moderate resolution, but every emulator? TOO MUCH!

Modern laptops focus on battery efficiency and not processing power, which is what emulators require.

My current 6-year old laptop that is in the shop runs FFBE on an emulator far better than the basic backup laptop that I am using currently, which is only a year old. Casting any ice spell or meteor makes this backup laptop cry, which is fairly embarrassing for a 2016 laptop.

Muku

The fact we didn't get anything extra for doubling the amount needed for all rewards in the raid shows how savage Gumi is.......Damn Son. Also remove the damn Raid icon ffs.

They probably weren't even impressed. I'm sure it was low thinking "No one wants to do this shit event we put together." But they also had to realize it was Christmas. Folks had time off and time to play. Time to get some goodies. AND TWO WEEKS WITH THAT GOD FORSAKEN THING! How did they not think we'd hit the 700 million mark? Are they on drugs? And why weren't we surprised with extra goodies? Are they telling us we suck? Should we really only work for the base minimum now? I mean.. ugh.

Also, that damn raid icon can go to hell. WHY is that shit still there? We are done with that two week shit fest that we didn't even get anything more for. Man.. ffuuuuu. Christmas was really lackluster.

AND DO NOT CHASE THAT FINA! I SWEAR! Don't let Gumi let you do it! By the hand of Orlandu... don't do it. Nevermind you did.... but congrats on DF!

Ninja, woah! Congrats!!

Not going to lie. I want a banner to pull on. ;_; I have the NEED.. THE NEED TO SPEND TIXS AND LAPIS! But ugh. Everything recently has been so bleh. Well, except Noctis banner. But they could have taken Charlotte off that after a day. Freaking swimming in them during that banner.

Kouriozan

Not going to lie. I want a banner to pull on. ;_; I have the NEED.. THE NEED TO SPEND TIXS AND LAPIS! But ugh. Everything recently has been so bleh. Well, except Noctis banner. But they could have taken Charlotte off that after a day. Freaking swimming in them during that banner.

Exactly, at worst I have the Japanese version installed and reroll it for fun when I just have to pull.

I found this video of a "whale pull battle" immensely entertaining. I have no idea why, but it tickled me. I was laughing out loud almost the entire time.

Plus, it let me pull on this banner vicariously, since I'm not going to actually pull for a loooooong time.

Vamphuntr

Daily pull : Luka. I'm more lucky with the 4* base. Have all I want so far. Still haven't seen a rainbow crystal since I started playing when it launched.

Abylim

Got my very first trust master today,nSave the Queen!

Luneth is sitting at 609 atk now

97% on both Excalibur and dual wield.

So should I buff up Noct or Luneth? I'm thinking Luneth should get the best, with Noct getting the left over, then Agrias getting the leftovers of the leftovers

Got her.

Took being a little more cautious with making sure buffs and debuffs were up before smacking her to below 50% then below 30%, but only Agrias ate it (like... second round?) and I actually forgot to provoke with Cecil (which I think may have actually saved me rather than hurt) but everything went smooth. I don't care about the lapis I missed by not meeting certain requirements, but now I have a TM to hold onto and decide what to do with.

dubc35

Thank you to all Gaffers who have added me! 090,865,318

Noob question on enhancing units: when I get a 1* or 2* unit from the daily/friend summon, I usually throw them in the first party and level them up to ~lvl 10 or so then fuse them with a higher max star capable unit. Good strategy or are they better utilized doing something else? For example take Ollie, I got him leveled up to about lvl 10 then used him to enhance Mercedes as I didn't see him being a long term member in my main party.

Also if you fuse units, do you lose their equipment? I could check this but I don't have anyone ready to fuse for a bit.

Thanks again!

Chinner

Banned

Noob question on enhancing units: when I get a 1* or 2* unit from the daily/friend summon, I usually throw them in the first party and level them up to ~lvl 10 or so then fuse them with a higher max star capable unit. Good strategy or are they better utilized doing something else? For example take Ollie, I got him leveled up to about lvl 10 then used him to enhance Mercedes as I didn't see him being a long term member in my main party.

Also if you fuse units, do you lose their equipment? I could check this but I don't have anyone ready to fuse for a bit.

Thanks again!
Keep a space open and I'll add you!

Thanks again!

One thing you can do if you haven't already is go for the awakening trophies. Those units are super easy and super cheap to awaken once using very common materials. Awaken enough and you are well on the way to a pretty easy 500 lapis.

Otherwise, those units are mostly worthless and you eventually get to the point of just selling them, as they aren't worth leveling up or fusing. One thing to watch out for is their TMs. There aren't many, but there are a select few that actually have decent TMs.

evangd007

Do you have anything with HP on it to give Faris? Could include but not limited to:

- HP 10% (TM from Riz whatever his name is. No longer have him because I recently got his TM and sold him so can't look at em in game.)

- Muscle Belt (gives 10% to HP)

- Mighty Hammer (gives 15% to HP)

- look at your gear to see if you have anything that Faris can wear that gives HP.

Couple pieces included are ones I can think of that give HP, as I've got them on characters right now for the HP

I've stacked my HP items on Refia and Snow. My second Rizer 10% HP is at only 40%, and I had just started during the FF3 event so I wasn't able to get the hammer. I think my best bet might be to create a few Muscle Belts as I have more than enough Earth Megacrysts, but I won't be able to start that until Wednesday as Hero Ring #3 is in the Forge slot.

Other than Faris's HP, will I be OK? I have buff and full break coverage, but I feel like if I had one of Cecil (for heals and limit buff) or CoD (for Comeback and Rainbow Veil) I'd be set. As it stands now, Refia has to heal, buff, Esuna, limit burst to AOE esuna, and rez without much help. The only other maxed out characters I have are Lenna and Krile.

Takuan

Literally one day from me questioning the spend of 2000 lapis for this bundle, I am strongly considering it for the 20 calamity gems alone. I have 17 and need 30 to awaken both Chizuru and Mercedes. But I also have like 40 Gigantaurs already taking up my roster space and am kinda frozen.

I could awaken Mercedes first and clear out the gigantaurs, I guess. But when do I get to awaken Chizuruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :(:(:(:(:)((((((((

I just bit the bullet. I figured it made sense to get immediate utility out of a 6* versus the ~4 pull attempts for Orlandu (hoarding for his banner). I 6*'d Chizzy and I'm pretty close to either Cecil or CoD. The Gigantaurs allowed me to get her to lvl 100 right off the bat, which was even more helpful.

I think it was worth it, 2000 lapis really isn't much in the long run. I've still got like a map's worth of dungeons to run through for Quest lapis, anyway.

Xion86

Argh I forgot I needed one mini Burst pot to get Cecil to 20/20 and stupidly Awakened him without checking. Oh well, will just have to use a little more Burst Pots. Anyway used all my other pots on him, he's wayyy tougher than my other Cecil now. Just need that limit break to 25/25 now.

I ended up getting the 2k bundle to quickly max him to 100/100 too.

Valentus

I've stacked my HP items on Refia and Snow. My second Rizer 10% HP is at only 40%, and I had just started during the FF3 event so I wasn't able to get the hammer. I think my best bet might be to create a few Muscle Belts as I have more than enough Earth Megacrysts, but I won't be able to start that until Wednesday as Hero Ring #3 is in the Forge slot.

Other than Faris's HP, will I be OK? I have buff and full break coverage, but I feel like if I had one of Cecil (for heals and limit buff) or CoD (for Comeback and Rainbow Veil) I'd be set. As it stands now, Refia has to heal, buff, Esuna, limit burst to AOE esuna, and rez without much help. The only other maxed out characters I have are Lenna and Krile.

I cleared the trial with a 3k ingus. You should be able to clear it with a superior faris

chrono01

Holy Shit! First base 5* hype!

RYB6h2wl.png

Just pulled my first ever 5* banner unit...Dark Fina from my pool of summon tickets from the frosty event. Now im rocking: cod, dark fina, chizuru, exdeath, Santa roselia all 5* or above.

What a morning!
Congrats you two!

Whelp I couldn't help it and decided to do a multi pull..

http://i.imgur.com/zBZQyXC.png

Worth it.
Also, congrats to you!

Anyway, I used my 8x tickets, just because the game is boring me and I seriously need something to rekindle my interest.

Garnet (Dupe)
Luka (My third one this banner, dupe)
Warrior of Light (Dupe)
Mustadio (Dupe)
Elle (Dupe)
Alma (Dupe)
Edge (Dupe)
Elle (Dupe)

Honestly, I was going to wait until the Orlandu returned before I went all-in, but I think I might just do my 3x multi-pulls when we get his banner and then decide whether this game is something I want to continue playing or not.

I know I have a lot of "decent" units, and a few great TM, but they're pointless when I don't have any truly great characters to use them on. I keep trying, hoping, that I'll eventually get a 5* base, but between the constant daily/ticket disappointments, as well as seeing everyone in the Arena having far better luck than I, the game just depresses me more than anything else. I play games to have fun, but I'm really finding it difficult to keep my positive attitude when the game keeps throwing nothing but dupes my way. Meanwhile, people on Reddit and other forums (as well as here) are getting their third/fourth 5* base, and I don't even have my first. It's nice to see people here get 5* base characters (I truly mean that), but it's still frustrating for me personally.

Yes, I know you don't really need 5* base characters to progress in the story, it's more the principal of it all that bothers me. I've played many gatcha games and FFBE is definitely the worst experience with luck I've ever had.

So, I guess Orlandu's banner will be the deciding factor for me.

LucaMac

Optimal party question:

Currently running Noctis, Refia, Cecil, Exdeath/Ingus and Delita/Exdeath2 as my main party for PVE.

Ingus has taken the bench for my main Exdeath since the Maxwell fight and not massively needing full break. I can cover all breaks with the above party, in three hits rather than one, or two hits in two turns with Noctis, but that's being a bit wasteful when he's my main DPS. Obviously one hit would be optimal (pretty sure there's no real stacking of buffs/debuffs at play in this game with the highest of each type taking precedence, correct me if I'm wrong) though not currently justifying Ingus being on the team when he's only 5*. He has some flexibility but those above seem to offer more...

Anyway, the point being I just pulled my first Warrior of Light. He has Full Break I believe as well as rivaling if not surpassing Cecil when he gets his 6*. I also forged the Winged Saint just in case I pulled him at some point...do I build him up to eventually replace Cecil or do I bump off one of the others instead?

Noctis and Refia are pretty much staying put for sure. No brainer. Both have my only two current farmed/moogled TMs (Dualwield/Cast). So of the following.

1. Cecil. Nearly completely potted and fully potted where it matters. Similar role so makes sense if WOL is better overall. Not massive damage but the extra heals and dispel have taken huge pressure off Refia. Hoping to get him Esuna at some point to seal the deal. His Focus is replaceable by Delitas Meditate.

2. Exdeath (Main/Secondary)
Magically potted to the max and MP too. Currently not really overlapping gear with any other character which is a huge plus and has my snazziest magic gear. Don't need to worry about equipment/TM overlap with the others. Can chain beautifully with Noctis. Often accompanied by his less well endowed twin on AOE heavy fights (always in the arena, but that's not and issue.)

3. Delita. Carried me through so much until The Prince arrived. He had Dualwield for a measly two days before being dethroned. He is the Woody to Noctis' Buzz Lightyear. He's already missing out in the arena because his AOE is non existant without TMs and I missed out on Crush Armour. He's a base 5*. One of the weakest sure, but can I really just leave him in the attic (Toy Story reference continues) Meditate (Longer lasting Focus) is insanely useful over Cecils Focus in longer fights.

Guys I really don't know. DPS vs Buffs/Debuffs vs Survivability vs Common Sense vs Attatchment Issues. Weigh in if the wall of text didn't put you off and you actually got to this point.

If you didnt get that far you won't see this sentence anyway so it is utterly meaningless and unnecessary to type, making this stupidly long post way longer than it needed to be.

chrono01

Chrono what is your goal in Arena and what team do you typically use? Just wondering what rank you are trying to reach
I normally just shoot for below 30k, I don't take it too seriously.

As for team, I bring:

Warrior of Light/Cecil
Exdeath
Chizuru
Cloud of Darkness
Tilith (since I STILL don't have Refia, as hard as that is to believe)

I normally just shoot for below 30k, I don't take it too seriously.

As for team, I bring:

Warrior of Light/Cecil
Exdeath
Chizuru
Cloud of Darkness
Tilith (since I STILL don't have Refia, as hard as that is to believe)

Gotcha. Yea thats the same goal I try to meet as well. I usually can meet it but definitely wouldn't be able to rise up much more than that without a base 5*. Idk, I play Arena in a risky way, currently running 4 mages (Exdeath/Tellah/Kefka/Golbez, only Exdeath has a respectable MAG) and Chiz... just do an aga chain + Chiz's aoe. As long as I don't go for anyone above 12-15k I can usually win, unless the enemy ai is actually smart for once.

That is lame you don't have a Refia, definitely would give you one of my two dupes if I could. Sorry to hear you are contemplating quitting :(. Definitely understand it though... like you I spent everything chasing Noct and ended up getting nothing. Slowly building back up but it definitely hurt my enthusiasm for the game.

chrono01

That is lame you don't have a Refia, definitely would give you one of my two dupes if I could. Sorry to hear you are contemplating quitting :(.
Yeah, I'm honestly surprised I still don't have her. I pulled a nice amount for her too, and she's a 3* base. She must hate me.

I don't want to think about quitting, but lately I've had so little excitement/passion for the game. I basically log in to burn whatever Arena orbs I have, do my dailies, and that's it. The last rainbow crystal I've seen was back when Lightning was first released, and I've done a lot of pulls. It's definitely upsetting, and has me in a kind of "sour" mood towards the game.

If I do end up leaving, I'll be sure to let you all know so you can remove me. Again, fate will decide when Orlandu's banner hits.

Yeah, I'm honestly surprised I still don't have her. I pulled a nice amount for her too, and she's a 3* base. She must hate me.

I don't want to think about quitting, but lately I've had so little excitement/passion for the game. I basically log in to burn whatever Arena orbs I have, do my dailies, and that's it. The last rainbow crystal I've seen was back when Lightning was first released, and I've done a lot of pulls. It's definitely upsetting, and has me in a kind of "sour" mood towards the game.

If I do end up leaving, I'll be sure to let you all know so you can remove me. Again, fate will decide when Orlandu's banner hits.

Refia is actually a 4* base so she is a bit harder to pull then most. We don't want you to quit but understand...the game is getting pretty boring to me as well. TM farming isn't going to sustain me.

Muku

You can always buy more forge slots if you need. I have two so that when I was making a Hero's Ring I could make something else in mean time if I needed. Or a second Hero's Ring. XD

chrono01

Refia is actually a 4* base so she is a bit harder to pull then most. We don't want you to quit but understand...the game is getting pretty boring to me as well. TM farming isn't going to sustain me.
Oh, she's a 4* base? That explains it.

Can I trade one of my 4x Hope for her? Maybe one of my 5x Snow? Hell, take a Vanille!

Xion86

Don't you leave us too chrono!

I pretty much log in to use my Arena orbs in the morning and evening, do dailies and TM farm the rest of the time to improve my team, then grind the events when they come. Haven't spent money on the game since the Noctis banner (first day) and will try not to for a long time. Used 10 tickets this banner and sticking to dailies. I want to keep playing to see where the game goes, hope for the FF7 banner, and because I like Final Fantasy. Some other minor reasons too :) including this community.

chrono01

Don't you leave us too chrono!

I pretty much log in to use my Arena orbs in the morning and evening, do dailies and TM farm the rest of the time to improve my team, then grind the events when they come. Haven't spent money on the game since the Noctis banner (first day) and will try not to for a long time. Used 10 tickets this banner and sticking to dailies. I want to keep playing to see where the game goes, hope for the FF7 banner, and because I like Final Fantasy. Some other minor reasons too :) including this community.
I'm going to try to stick around as long as I can. I know if I could get a 5* base, it would re-ignite my interest to TM farm and better my team, but as things are now I just have so little interest. Most of my team members I've been running for many months (some since the release) since I've received nothing better since then. I know I could TM farm and make characters such as Garland/Firion/etc. great, but I still have so little desire to do it. The game has given me so little, and each day I log in to do my daily summon (and use a few tickets here and there), I'm always met with another kick in the teeth.

I've said this before (numerous times, actually), but the community we have here is the only reason I've stuck around as long as I have. It's truly special.

💪 I believe in u makotolandu 💪
Gumi doesn't believe in me, though. ;_;

You misspelled the name of your new queen Ariandu Grande.
Honestly, at this point, I'd even take her. That's how bad it's gotten for me.

Dont leave dude. You Will get your 5star
I want to be positive, but man it's hard for me. :(

I'll stick around, at least until Orlandu's banner, and keep doing my dailies. I should have enough for 3x multi-pulls, so we'll see what happens.

Muku

You misspelled the name of your new queen Ariandu Grande.

Grande Burrito can go right back out that door. No one asked for this.

Edit: I would give up a chance at pulling Orlandu if chrono could just get a non troll base 5*. ;_; Srsly. Give him one RNGumi.

chrono01

Grande Burrito can go right back out that door. No one asked for this.

Edit: I would give up a chance at pulling Orlandu if chrono could just get a non troll base 5*. ;_; Srsly. Give him one RNGumi.
Thanks, this means a lot.

I'd never deprive another of a 5* just so I could have one, though. My conscience could never allow it. No, we must both get Orlandu, as well as everyone else here who tries for him. Let us settle for nothing less!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom