• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT3| A How To Guide Of Pulling Out To Avoid Bediles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseybrose

Whelp time to buy a bunch of Charm Bangles it would seem. That is a fantastic idea Valentus. I need to actually do this for some Megacite as I used a ton before Odin came out to polish off my Carbuncle. Where as of now is the best place for Megacite at the moment? Color is unimportant.

Get ready for this shocking answer...

Phantom Forest lol

Valentus

Whelp time to buy a bunch of Charm Bangles it would seem. That is a fantastic idea Valentus. I need to actually do this for some Megacite as I used a ton before Odin came out to polish off my Carbuncle. Where as of now is the best place for Megacite at the moment? Color is unimportant.

If dont care for color, It seems fire shrine is the place. But its a tedious Map, so that charm bangle stack is important.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Finally got my first TM - Dualcast. Aaand there's no difficult event up for me to test out DC Refia so I slapped it on White Knight Noel for the arena.

Valentus

So who's going to be my brain savior and start the Gilgamesh Trial write up? :)

None of us that havent played the trial in conditions in JP can do a serious analysis.

But for what people says in reddit and the videos in youtube:

- Sealing Elements >>> Breaks (i dont even know if gilga is break resistant or not)

- Lightning and Rain are MVPs here because both units can cover 3 elements at once (rain 4 with dual weild)

- You need a tank with high draw rate to higher chances of gilgamesh instant-death skill target your tank and not a key unit (like lightning or rain for example)

- If you gonna use CoD here for her man-eater skills, instead of thorned mace, is more recommended using golem staff (so you have earth element covered), so the Man-Eater materia for 200 sq is more than recommended to buy.

Really cant wait for that trial. That will really push strategy to its limits.

RedZaraki

Banned
And as I say all that Aquatic Cove gave me 0 Lights and Abandoned Orphanage gave me 3.

I feel like I'm just incredibly unlucky. Usually. Over like 30+ runs of each.

Valentus

Grats! I saw you asked about the Holy Lance for Gilgamesh trial. Since you have an Excalibur you shouldn't need the lance for the trial.

the problem with gilga is that he in thresholds (80-50-30) he will do an instant death skill, and unless you have 100% draw attacks, that skill could kill a key unit, leaving you vulnerable for 1 turn (the turn of resurrection of the unit). So its not a bad idea have units with redundant elements.

for example, if you already have excalibur, equip another unit (cecil?) with the holy lance, so 2 units have holy covered if bad RNG kills one of them.

My first Black Cowl should finish while at work today. It's getting more difficult to decide which TMs I went to get in right now namely because I don't know for sure who my second DPS will be. Part of me wants to focus on Refia while the other wants to be prepared with an extra Excalibur and Sakura + blade mastery ready. Is the Gilgamesh kitana even better than Sakura? Or the next best thing? I wish Shine would come to me in a daily but the fact I've only had one Shera come from it does not bode well ;p Edge today :|

Sorry Chinner, if only we could trade units I'd hook you up :(

Lyrian

Are you talking about the pure bladestone? I think I have one if I'm able to give it to you.

(And man.. You gotta play DS 1 and 2. They gotta get backlog priority!)

I'm sure I've got the save file on my PS3 HD still (I never delete anything unless I absolutely have to), but I haven't booted the PS3 in ages (and to make matters worse, my PS4 is still in its box and has been sitting there for almost a year now :/).

They just need to throw us more trust moogles. Whenever that event comes along that every pull you make gets you a random TM moogle I'm pulling like crazy. It can't come soon enough.

Free monthly login 10% trust moogle tomorrow!

And as I say all that Aquatic Cove gave me 0 Lights and Abandoned Orphanage gave me 3.

I feel like I'm just incredibly unlucky. Usually. Over like 30+ runs of each.

RNG will RNG, especially when affected by the desire sensor.

Case in point, I wanted last night to farm just fire megas for another Ruler Ring, so I farmed Surging Volcano (as I don't need the 8 color split yet). First run yielded 2 fires. Great, needed 2 more. Then, over the next 6 runs, I got 21 wind megas, 23 earth megas, and ZERO fire megas. How the hell does that happen? Dammit, RNG.

Gave up, and jumped over to the Fire Shrine. First run: 1 fire. Second run: 0 fire. Last run with energy for the night: 5 fire. <-- The odds of that happening are nearly astromical.

Stupid streaky RNG.

-----------

Ran out the door on the way to campus (dangerously late as usual), and this happened:

Stupid streaky RNG. How dare you streak in my favor like that?

LOL, as usual, chasing the gold crystal (Shine) and pulling **everything** but that.

Did a +1 Ticket --> GOLD --> My THIRD Gafgarrion this week out of four gold crystals (all off-banner). Can I call him a troll gold yet?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I really don't think the Giglamesh trial is going to be all that. You'll have the norm lot bitching they couldn't beat it in an attempt or two. But TMs are so much more prevalent now, They'll either have to balance it in according to that... which would result in anyone not macroing being unable to even attempt it.

Do i need more than 1 bracer?

is there anything better than Bracer "gaffgarions TM" if so, whos TM is that?

Im currently farming tm for 3 gaffgarions and 2 Xiao "kaiser knuckles"
I can finish one bracer NOW if I fuse them together.

the problem with gilga is that he in thresholds (80-50-30) he will do an instant death skill, and unless you have 100% draw attacks, that skill could kill a key unit, leaving you vulnerable for 1 turn (the turn of resurrection of the unit). So its not a bad idea have units with redundant elements.

for example, if you already have excalibur, equip another unit (cecil?) with the holy lance, so 2 units have holy covered if bad RNG kills one of them.

That's a good point.

Lyrian

I really don't think the Giglamesh trial is going to be all that. You'll have the norm lot bitching they couldn't beat it in an attempt or two. But TMs are so much more prevalent now, They'll either have to balance it in according to that... which would result in anyone not macroing being unable to even attempt it.

I think there's two realistic possibilities here:

1) What Shintoki said: Gilgamesh is going to be rough, but Gumi can't alienate the non-macroers. Very difficult (but clearable) for non-macroers at launch, macroers will be challenged but should be able to clear it reasonably easily.

2) Gilgamesh is overtuned towards a future point in power creep (think Robot trial in JP). Impossible for non-macroers, very difficult but clearable at first. Encounter is clearly designed towards requiring future units that are yet to be released (like Orlandu, who is now in the Global client awaiting release). Only way the trial is being cleared at launch is via some sort of exploit strategy.

I'm leaning more towards Shin's argument here. There might be some minor overtuning at work, but it's going to be minor and likely immaterial to most of the macroers here on GAF.

Do i need more than 1 bracer?

is there anything better than Bracer "gaffgarions TM" if so, whos TM is that?

Im currently farming tm for 3 gaffgarions and 2 Xiao "kaiser knuckles"
I can finish one bracer NOW if I fuse them together.

Celestial Gloves (Luneth) Bracer (Gaffgarion) and Champion's Belt (Snow) are all equal in the amount of base ATK they give which is 30. No other accessory at the moment gives more outside of the last trophy ring (haha). Now on top of that each one offers additional properties. Bracer adds 15% HP which is great. C. Gloves add 30 to all major stats except HP and MP and Champion's Belt adds an extra effect of an additional 20% ATK/DEF if you have a fist weapon equipped. So if you are going to equip the Kaiser Knuckle to someone the belt is better, but outside of that the Bracer is the best overall as HP is far more important than the other stats.

c-murph

Sakurafubuki Get!

4BzMii4.png

Also, decided to do an 11 pull...

bC9migV.png

Not a bad pull.

EEpARqd.png

Mustadio No.6
Terra No.6
Lani No.????
Rosa No.2
WoL No.3
Gaff No.4
Seven!! No.1
Shine No.1 & 2
and the rest.

evangd007

I just got Luka to 100 and want to make a run for the HP +15% on Dreadnought. Anyone want to lend me an OP Dark Fina? I tried this morning, but the ~500ish MAG Dark Finas on my friend list are not cutting it.

eggydoo

Did a +1 Ticket --> GOLD --> My THIRD Gafgarrion this week out of four gold crystals (all off-banner). Can I call him a troll gold yet?

Add Hope to that list. I've pulled 3 Hopes out of this banner and still no Shine.
At this point I don't care anymore since Shine will be in the pool and it's not like the increased rate is on my side.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I think there's two realistic possibilities here:

1) What Shintoki said: Gilgamesh is going to be rough, but Gumi can't alienate the non-macroers. Very difficult (but clearable) for non-macroers at launch, macroers will be challenged but should be able to clear it reasonably easily.

2) Gilgamesh is overtuned towards a future point in power creep (think Robot trial in JP). Impossible for non-macroers, very difficult but clearable at first. Encounter is clearly designed towards requiring future units that are yet to be released (like Orlandu, who is now in the Global client awaiting release). Only way the trial is being cleared at launch is via some sort of exploit strategy.

I'm leaning more towards Shin's argument here. There might be some minor overtuning at work, but it's going to be minor and likely immaterial to most of the macroers here on GAF.

Reason I don't think 2 will happen is, we largely know the next lot of upcoming units and none of them are particularly bringing the same skills as let's say Rikku, Ayaka, and others have brought to JPN. At best, it can be units that chain.

And the reason why I can't see a damage buff is, the next set in Orlandu. Buffing a character that will already break the meta.

Typcally required power creeps also come in the form of more defensive characters than offensive. Unless they are planning to put turn dependent limits. Which is the only place I could see them buffing Giglamesh to make him beatable later, with offsetting the next set of units.

Mugaaz

GAF, what is your opinion on how I should spend my resources? . I've bought the Christmas bundle, but other than that I'm f2p. I've have some good luck over the course of the game.

Current lineup:
Refia
Cecil
Elza
Gilga
Olive

Bench:
WoL
CoD
Ariana
Exdeath x 2
Chiz x 3
Mercedes x 3

Acquired TMs:
Genji
Demon Scythe
DualWield
Ribbon
DualCast x 2
Gugnir x 2
Excalibur x 2
Blade Mastery x 2
Sakarufubaki x 2
Soluna Ring x 2

TMs left to grind:
Olive
Bartz
Leon
Shine x 2
Gaffgarion x 2
Celes
Guy x 4 (Maybe)

I have 25k lapis and 70 tickets left. Original plan was to save for Orlandu, but I'm wondering if I would be better off going all in on this banner and trying to get 5x more Shine instead? As far as I can see, there is no better attack TMs coming up on 4* or lower characters, except for GS mastery from Dark Siren trial, and possibly a 40% atk TM from DQ banner, but that banner has multiple 4*s and may not come to GL at all.

Do you think it is better to spend what I got left trying to get all the Shines I need now? The only other uses I see is chasing Orlandu, and to get 1 Tillith and 1 Rikku when they get released. I think I will have enough tickets saved up again by the time Tillith/Rikku release to get them.

What do you think?

Pejo

Just got Nichol to 5*. What a waste of materials, but oh well. That 10 lapis will be so sweet.

Are you guys using all of your arena summon tickets as soon as you get them? I've been hanging on to them pretty much since Arena release, and I have hundreds right now. I was wondering if they ever do limited drops in the pool or anything, or if I should just spend them whenever.

Syntsui

Agreed. Although I kinda wish they would buff him up though.
They most definitely will. But I'm sure it won't be enough to match what most of the people already have in their arsenal.

Having to use your head to beat a boss doesn't make him challenge, just puts in perspective how pathetic everything in this game is until he arrives.

When the balancing is already fucked up due to the release of ridiculous characters and the abundance of trust moogles, puzzle-like bosses are the only solution to give players an illusion of challenge. An illusion easily dispelled due to these specific threshold set attacks.

leehom

Just got Nichol to 5*. What a waste of materials, but oh well. That 10 lapis will be so sweet.

Are you guys using all of your arena summon tickets as soon as you get them?

Lyrian was sharing his 5* Nichol a couple of days ago. If you have him on friend list, you could've asked him.

I use my arena tickets when I have a character I want to buff. When I don't I save.

Celestial Gloves (Luneth) Bracer (Gaffgarion) and Champion's Belt (Snow) are all equal in the amount of base ATK they give which is 30. No other accessory at the moment gives more outside of the last trophy ring (haha). Now on top of that each one offers additional properties. Bracer adds 15% HP which is great. C. Gloves add 30 to all major stats except HP and MP and Champion's Belt adds an extra effect of an additional 20% ATK/DEF if you have a fist weapon equipped. So if you are going to equip the Kaiser Knuckle to someone the belt is better, but outside of that the Bracer is the best overall as HP is far more important than the other stats.

Thanks so Braces x2 is a good thing.
I will probably just fuse 2 of them together to create 1 bracer and keep the 3rd to TM farm.
Im trying to get stuff for an attack unit as I dont have any good Attack units yet....

Any good advice on TM stuff to get for high attack?

I have 6 10% trust moogles to sink into some unit

Mugaaz

Thanks so Braces x2 is a good thing.
I will probably just fuse 2 of them together to create 1 bracer and keep the 3rd to TM farm.
Im trying to get stuff for an attack unit as I dont have any good Attack units yet....

Any good advice on TM stuff to get for high attack?

I have 6 10% trust moogles to sink into some unit

Shine's TM is as good as it gets for non-conditional attack TMs. Other than that you have Dark Knight Soul from Leon and Blade Mastery from Chizuru.

RedZaraki

Banned
Sooooooooo......

What're you guys spending your energy on these days?

Or your lapis on these days?

Saving for something? Energy Refills?

tuffymon

My first Black Cowl should finish while at work today. It's getting more difficult to decide which TMs I went to get in right now namely because I don't know for sure who my second DPS will be. Part of me wants to focus on Refia while the other wants to be prepared with an extra Excalibur and Sakura + blade mastery ready. Is the Gilgamesh kitana even better than Sakura? Or the next best thing?

Grats on the first cowl! From what I recall hearing, Gilgas weapon is stronger than Sakurafubuki and a null element (like 20 stronger), but its also a 1x weapon. So having more katanas is nice with how many blade masteries are usually needed for a team anyhow

Sooooooooo......

I have had my TM macro running 24/7 for 3 days now. After my current batch I will do some Megacite farming to finish off Odin and then right back to it until our more than likely Mog King event.

Sooooooooo......

Was doing the standard TM refill until the maze came along. Need cactuars for TGC. Think I'm going to finally buckle down and start using Nox/Memu. Switch controls have done right by me but I need this to be done in a more timely fashion.

Niahak

Been away from the computer a long time so haven't posted in forever!

1. Has anyone on Android noticed the game will occasionally boot up in a higher-speed mode? I see it about 10% of the time, battles go about 1.5x faster and most other animations (battle transitions, quest over messages, etc) run faster too. Next time I boot FFBE up it's normal again. I'd love to get that to happen all the time as the game just doesn't run as snappy as I'd like normally.

I'm running Galaxy S7 using the middle power-saver option for Game Mode, I suppose I haven't tried just turning off that setting entirely but I assumed it wasn't making much difference (it's supposed to just decrease resolution).

2. My FREP stopped working right with the 2.0 update. It doesn't seem to handle the end of one iteration of a script and the start of the new one (either delays for what appears to be a full script length or tries to start the next one early). I need to try rebooting but haven't been near a computer to re-activate FREP in a while. Could be just from the Android update that's out.

3. Trying to resist the urge to chase Olive. I have a perfectly reasonable mix of DPS 5-stars (Noct/Luneth/Randi) and only 8 tickets / 5k lapis. Already have two Shines. With the new crystal change summoning feels a lot more exciting, though!

Muku

Sooooooooo......

I was, before the maze, trying to finish Ludmille off on the Dual Cast. 97.3%, it is manual farm time. But now with Maze I'm working on Warrior of Light. Just capped him off a few minutes ago.

I used quite a few Cactaur from this past Mog King event (all 100 saved in my inventory) to get 4* cap Shine. Raised her cap and working on her through 5* now through Cactaur from event. I will end up replacing the big Cactaur I spent on her before event is done so I have 100 of them waiting for whatever fun thing I pull next. Which will be never.
Maybe Orlandu, if I'm lucky. But he's not coming until 2040 at this rate.

Once Maze ends going to go back to trying to finish up Dual Cast. Refia is so close she can feel the power.

Pejo

Sooooooooo......

NRG? Maze. I have SO many units to level and awaken, most of which I actually want to try and use for stuff, not just to have pretty at max rarity. I wish they'd release a XP Vortex Pro or something, ADV just doesn't cut it on non-maze/dunes weeks.

Lapis? just blew it all. a few 10+1s on Randi's banner, never got him. The next 2 banners have been super solid TM banners, which is what I pull on mainly now since I have good characters, just need to strengthen them.

As of now i'm down to 125 lapis. Can't even do a daily if I wanted to.

Sooooooooo......

Leading up to the update I straight up wasn't using it after finishing dailies as there was nothing to do besides TM farm. After the update, used it for new story missions and side quests. Right now I figure might as well burn it on maze. I'd like to use it towards TM farming but the problem is I only want to burn it down to 1 and then switch to delaying long enough to recharge as I'm not willing to use lapis to refresh. Lapis I hoard for banners since I'm largely F2P so hoarding for FFX but I've made an exception this banner in doing dailies because I'd really like Shine. Probably wasting my lapis and should have just saved it since I'm bound to get some Shines when I go hard on the X banner.
Grats on the first cowl! From what I recall hearing, Gilgas weapon is stronger than Sakurafubuki and a null element (like 20 stronger), but its also a 1x weapon. So having more katanas is nice with how many blade masteries are usually needed for a team anyhow

Thanks! Oh dang, that's surprising but nice because that's one less Sakura I have to farm then. That reminds me, I'm assuming BM applies to both kitanas if you're dual wielding them, right?

tuffymon

Thanks! Oh dang, that's surprising but nice because that's one less Sakura I have to farm then. That reminds me, I'm assuming BM applies to both kitanas if you're dual wielding them, right?

No, you're better off mixing it up, since you only get the bonus once. Even better if its a unit that can use Dark Knight Soul now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom