• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Syntsui

Look what I just found in my friend list:

l5z0Xyy.jpg

Vargas got BUFFED.

How many Kamuis are too many Kamuis? I have 5 of them already and I don't think I'll ever need 5 katanas...
Farm all of them and fuse them at 16% each.

c-murph

What's the word on Kingsglaive Banner?

I'm thinking I could use a pair of Glauca for two of his Greatswords. My two enhanced DKC would probably love those. Maybe one or two... three Crowes for her TM for Ayaka? lol

bonkeng

I'm thinking I could use a pair of Glauca for two of his Greatswords. My two enhanced DKC would probably love those. Maybe one or two... three Crowes for her TM for Ayaka? lol

Nyx sux.

Crowe and Glauca's TM are great though.

Syntsui

This is why True Doublehand and Doublehand stacking will never be available in Global :(
A shame because even in Japan finishers are losing importance, everything Alim release are chainers nowadays.
He is not stacking LOL.

He is using TDH + Large Sword Mastery + 2x Werei's TMs.

That is one build that we can replicate on global. Its not even needed to use Werei's TM, one DV's TM already put you over the cap.

Syntsui

That Vargas is sick!

Also fuse them? At the risk of asking a dumb question... what's that?
You can combine units if you fuse them, gaining 5% of the Trust Moogle per unit fused. If you farm his TM to 16% with each Kamui, you will get his TM when you fuse all 5 copies of him.

Kouriozan

He is not stacking LOL.

He is using TDH + Large Sword Mastery + 2x Werei's TMs.

That is one build that we can replicate on global. Its not even needed to use Werei's TM, one DV's TM already put you over the cap.
Damn nice, but my second point still stand true, after Cloud Alim just gave up on finishers.
I guess Sephy can be one but they gave hil so much emphasis on chaining skills.

Edit : just checked and nah he can't finish. This might be why Gumi delayed Balthier so he can be the last released finisher in Global for a loooong time.

Chucker

Alright, so I've been quietly plugging away since the last time I popped in here but I think I've got some decent units finally and just trying to figure out a good party structure.

Currently I'm running Agrias(5), Warrior of Light(4), Onion Knight(5,thanks free pull), Luka(4), and Orran(4).

I've got the following, but not sure who works well with what etc.
Onion Knight, Agrias, Warrior of Light, Firion, Charlotte, Soleil, 9S, Setzer, VIctoria, Gafgarion, Mercedes, Veritas of Water and Heaven, Cecil, Luka, Orran and Vaan.

Also I'm hitting a wall at Dwarves Forge after being able to just mostly swing through stuff. I have no idea about TM or what's best to farm etc.

RedZaraki

Banned
Alright, so I've been quietly plugging away since the last time I popped in here but I think I've got some decent units finally and just trying to figure out a good party structure.

Currently I'm running Agrias(5), Warrior of Light(4), Onion Knight(5,thanks free pull), Luka(4), and Orran(4).

Onion Knight, Agrias, Warrior of Light, Firion, Charlotte, Soleil, 9S, Setzer, VIctoria, Gafgarion, Mercedes, Veritas of Water and Heaven, Cecil, Luka, Orran and Vaan.

Also I'm hitting a wall at Dwarves Forge after being able to just mostly swing through stuff. I have no idea about TM or what's best to farm etc.

Don't even begin to think about any of that stuff until your entire team is awakened to 6* and level 100. That's the first priority over everything else.

Chucker

Don't even begin to think about any of that stuff until your entire team is awakened to 6* and level 100. That's the first priority over everything else.

Alright, should I just go with my team I currently have? Or make some adjustments. I know OK is a great unit, but not sure on who I should swap out, or if I should swap out.

Overall, that's a solid group of units for starting out. What took me the longest time to wrap my brain around is that you won't really have a AAA squad, but instead will have units that fit various roles on demand to defeat content.

So the better way to look at your team is by their roles.

You have some good to great DPS units in Onion Knight, Agrias, and Firion, especially if you can enhance their abilities.

You have good to great tanks in Warrior of Light, Cecil, and Charlotte.

Victoria can dish out some SERIOUS magic damage with Firaja.

And then you have a bunch of utility units that can definitely come in handy: Setzer (with his dice attacks), both Veritas units, Soleil for buffing/debuffing, Luka for healing, and even Vaan for breaking.

So if I were personally making a "go-to" squad from those units, and assuming they are all leveled to max, I would probably go with Onion Knight, Firion (or Agrias), Victoria, Warrior of Light, and Luka. For most content, you could probably skip the tank and go with a third DPS unit.

Just my two cents, but I will certainly bow out to the wiser minds around here.

Kouriozan

By the way, I feared the day Ayaka would invade the Arena, but she's not a threat at all, even when people are giving her mechanical heart and heal to full 80% of the time (everyone else is already dead or stopped), she never use that cure stop ability.
And this is with banned Black Magic, next week I'll just tornadopocalypse again.

Celegus

Cleared a few more spots if anyone wants to add, 613 905 040 usually sharing Tidus.

I always thought Nyx was decent... not so much then? Sucks his TM is garbo, didn't he recently get enhancements in JP?

Syntsui

By the way, I feared the day Ayaka would invade the Arena, but she's not a threat at all, even when people are giving her mechanical heart and heal to full 80% of the time (everyone else is already dead or stopped), she never use that cure stop ability.
And this is with banned Black Magic, next week I'll just tornadopocalypse again.

Fear the day CG Fina comes. She will either full heal or use her LB (auto life on everyone) every turn. It's also very easy to gear her for 10k HP and very high elemental resistances :D

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
In the past I kinda stayed away from dangerous looking Arena foes with Noctis and co. But on my current account with 3 Ashes.. They have stomped everything I encountered so far.

I wonder how long this will go or if there are units that can survive those Heaven Fury chains.

PS. I didn't know that Veritas of Light can be used as a finisher... Was missing one since I had to say goodbye to Olive for my new acc.

But I wonder.... If she would be better than enhanced Firion. I don't have any Top weapons or TMs for her... Right now I'm rocking that 60atk/magic pistol we for from a past event.

RedZaraki

Banned
Alright, should I just go with my team I currently have? Or make some adjustments. I know OK is a great unit, but not sure on who I should swap out, or if I should swap out.

Your team is fine.

As long as you have one healer and one tank, the rest of the composition isn't that important until you get into difficult trials.

For now just finish the story stuff and finish leveling up your team. After that you start doing stuff in the Nemeses tab and worrying about TMRs.

Edit: Eventually you'll develop most of those characters incidentally, simply because every trial has different requirements and one of them requires 10 party members anyway.

RedZaraki

Banned
In the past I kinda stayed away from dangerous looking Arena foes with Noctis and co. But on my current account with 3 Ashes.. They have stomped everything I encountered so far.

I wonder how long this will go or if there are units that can survive those Heaven Fury chains.

PS. I didn't know that Veritas of Light can be used as a finisher... Was missing one since I had to say goodbye to Olive for my new acc.

But I wonder.... If she would be better than enhanced Firion. I don't have any Top weapons or TMs for her... Right now I'm rocking that 60atk/magic pistol we for from a past event.

I'm convinced 4 Ashes + 1 Ayaka, all ribbon'd and all 6k hp is impossible to lose on offense. Even if you get Siphon Delta'd Ayaka will just restore everything and stabilize.

On defense, I don't know. Probably stall tactics with King or something, but I don't care about that.

vato_loco

You can combine units if you fuse them, gaining 5% of the Trust Moogle per unit fused. If you farm his TM to 16% with each Kamui, you will get his TM when you fuse all 5 copies of him.
I had no idea you could fuse the same unit and gain extra TMs from them. How do I do that? Do I choose Enhance and just select the same units?

Man, those are some nice names you've got there. Victoria can deal absurd magic damage, so I'd go with her. I'm waiting to have some cactuars to level her and get her on my team ASAP. OK is amazing as well, I'd love to get one. Warrior of Light is a good tank unit and Agrias is really good too. I won't even try to suggest a team, since just about every other GAFer is way more knowledgeable than me.

Pejo

Gold Member
That sounds like a nice setup for him, and all my copies of those materia are not currently used.

Do any of those attacks chain well with Divine Ruination?

Toxic rain chains with divine ruination for 34 hits, from what I read. It also chains with Pod 153 if you have multiples of that. I almost never use Zarg for chaining since he fills so many other roles. He always has something to do every round.

He can also be easily built as an evade tank, will survive one hit that will KO him, and without any HP materia, you can get him 6500+. He's got native ST full heal + 50% MP (not a flat amount, super great for people with big MP pools) refresh, and a single target all stats +100% buff.

I still think it's crazy that so many people sleep on this guy. Here's mine for reference, and I'm using just leftover gear and materia on him.

In other news, I really like Nyx's sprite and character, but he doesn't seem very good. I'm probably going to do a single 10+1 and hope for the best. I really doubt I"ll get him though, considering my single Ayaka pull got her, and my free 10+1 had a rainbow. No way am I getting a 3-peat of that luck.

Are Kingsglaive units limited or permanently in the pool?

Syntsui

I had no idea you could fuse the same unit and gain extra TMs from them. How do I do that? Do I choose Enhance and just select the same units?

Man, those are some nice names you've got there. Victoria can deal absurd magic damage, so I'd go with her. I'm waiting to have some cactuars to level her and get her on my team ASAP. OK is amazing as well, I'd love to get one. Warrior of Light is a good tank unit and Agrias is really good too. I won't even try to suggest a team, since just about every other GAFer is way more knowledgeable than me.
Yes, enhance.

Rixa

Someday I will fulfill my plan about arena team. I have the units, just need to level one of the units.

* Wilhelm
* Wilhelm
* WoL
* Cecil
* EvadeNoctis

Just to fuck around.

Toxic rain chains with divine ruination for 34 hits, from what I read. It also chains with Pod 153 if you have multiples of that. I almost never use Zarg for chaining since he fills so many other roles. He always has something to do every round.

He can also be easily built as an evade tank, will survive one hit that will KO him, and without any HP materia, you can get him 6500+. He's got native ST full heal + 50% MP (not a flat amount, super great for people with big MP pools) refresh, and a single target all stats +100% buff.

I still think it's crazy that so many people sleep on this guy. Here's mine for reference, and I'm using just leftover gear and materia on him.

Similar to mine, but I use Diablolos and Survivor Helm so he has no negative resistances. Ice/Earth/Dark 10% and everything else at 0%.

3U1LXP9

No pots yet.

Edit - WTF photobucket...

Time a new hosting site it seems. Can’t get this to work now.

Dandte

Finally maxed A2's LB. Need to look into how I can break 1200 base atk with her with current GL equips. Oh and 1180 Relics to go until Adv 5.......just crafted 4.

A2 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Aigaion Arm +145ATK+100%LBFillRate
Left Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Head: Prishe's Hairpin +45ATK+10%HP/MP
Body: Demon Mail +10ATK+55DEF+20%Dark
Accessory 1: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Accessory 2: Desch's Earring +45ATK
Ability 1: Martial Arts Mastery +50%ATK w/ Fist
Ability 2: Large Sword Mastery +50% ATK w/ Great Sword
Ability 3: Adventurer-5 +40%ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR
Ability 4: Sworn Six's Pride Dark +30%ATKw/GreatSword+30%ATKw/HeavyArmor
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Odin HP:5000 MP:3900 ATK:6000 DEF:4200 MAG:2000 SPR:2200
Total Stats: HP: 5764 MP: 322 ATK: 1203 DEF: 395 MAG: 175 SPR: 227
Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 20% M. Evasion: 10% P. Counter: 30% M. Counter: 0%

Is teh current bis global build for A2 iirc, if you want to chain with light element.

A2 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Aigaion Arm +145ATK+100%LBFillRate
Left Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Head: Prishe's Hairpin +45ATK+10%HP/MP
Body: Demon Mail +10ATK+55DEF+20%Dark
Accessory 1: Champion's Belt +30ATK/DEF & 20%ATK/DEF w/ Fist weapon
Accessory 2: Desch's Earring +45ATK
Ability 1: Martial Arts Mastery +50%ATK w/ Fist
Ability 2: Large Sword Mastery +50% ATK w/ Great Sword
Ability 3: Adventurer-5 +40%ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR
Ability 4: Sworn Six's Pride Dark +30%ATKw/GreatSword+30%ATKw/HeavyArmor
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Odin HP:5000 MP:3900 ATK:6000 DEF:4200 MAG:2000 SPR:2200
Total Stats: HP: 5764 MP: 322 ATK: 1203 DEF: 395 MAG: 175 SPR: 227
Crit Rate: 10% P. Evasion: 20% M. Evasion: 10% P. Counter: 30% M. Counter: 0%

Is teh current bis global build for A2 iirc, if you want to chain with light element.

Thanks, can't do it because no Prishe or DV but I can't wait to see those who can. Have everything else though. Adv 5 can be replaced with Weirei's tm for the atk. Need to see if DV's TM can be subbed out.

Shouta

5 steps... 0 rainbows.

Notto dis shitto agein.

edit: may I add - 0 on-banner golds throughout all 5 steps.

Ouch. Man, your luck. =(

Nyx is very good. Fire chainer with the ability to -45% debuff and innate dual-wield makes him pretty strong. His TM kinda sucks because Adventurer is a thing in GL but his also comes with Regen/Refresh which is nice.He's basically a debuffer version of Noctis with way better attacks since he can actually chain with them. Slightly less utility because he doesn't have flasks though.

Major downsides to him is a lack of strong daggers and lack of a variety of fire weapons that he can equip. That'll hopefully change with more event equipment and TMRs down the line in GL. JP had Ling's weapon become a fire dagger which helps him and Gabranth so they'll probably do it at some point. Nyx does have an imbue though so he's self-sufficient in that respect. His imbue is also a 400% attack which means he isn't going to be wasting a damage turn, as much anyway.

Crowe is a pretty useful unit to have since she she has a a bunch of buffs and a damage cut on her. She can also heal and damage deal a bit as well though you need a Doublecast for her to really provide extra healing.

Glauca is a budget damage dealer that has surprisingly decent mods on his attacks. He lacks actual attack though because of passives. He even has a chain move though I don't recall the frames. It is only 300% though compared to 400%.

Overall the banner isn't something that you need to pull on. Equipment woes hold back Nyx more than anything despite how good his kit is and the 4-stars are niche for the time being. However, if you get them, they're definitely units that will grow in strength as the game matures.

Nyx in particular is incredibly strong in JP now because of enhancements. Fire Dagger from Ling means he doesn't need to imbue.There are TMRs to raise attack for sword wielders thanks to Star Ocean and there's the 10-man dagger if you need to go non-elemental or go with a different element sword. His best attack is now 880%, if I did the math right, when fire chaining, and he now has -50% debuffs. which make him a very capable character in that role. If you use him with the new Raegen he gets up to 1100% through Fire damage which is pretty strong.

robotuw

Nyx does nothing for me and I have Deathbringer so Glauca is meh. I'd love some Crowe TMs though. SPR is so hard to raise right now.

Syntsui

Man... It's a stupid idea but I'm considering really hard doing the fifth step of Raegan's banner.

His TM is pretty much the best in the game bar none, I really want another >_>

robotuw

Pulled a Rem from the 10+1 compensation, and a Gilgamesh from the 5* ticket. Can Rem replace Refia as a healer?

Somewhat. She can AoE heal statuses which is nice, and use reraise, but she's missing full-life and natural status resists. She's also much better built as a magic finisher with her upgraded boomerang ability.

datamage

Somewhat. She can AoE heal statuses which is nice, and use reraise, but she's missing full-life and natural status resists. She's also much better built as a magic finisher with her upgraded boomerang ability.

Appreciate the feedback, thanks.

On a different note, I'm a little late to the party, but I blew 20k lapis, ~45 tickets, and 3x 10+1s for a chance at Ayaka. No dice.

Muku

[JP] I've noticed a CG Raegen or two out there. Waiting on my time to show up since not changing my iPad time back to JP. After reading a little about him here, I'm kind of wavering on whether I should get him or not. Thoughts on those who have him?

Also, love Sephiroth. His counter is just so good. Can't wait until I get his katana to give it to him. But question on Sephiroth: is it best to DW or DH? I imagine DH?

Syntsui

[JP] I've noticed a CG Raegen or two out there. Waiting on my time to show up since not changing my iPad time back to JP. After reading a little about him here, I'm kind of wavering on whether I should get him or not. Thoughts on those who have him?

Also, love Sephiroth. His counter is just so good. Can't wait until I get his katana to give it to him. But question on Sephiroth: is it best to DW or DH? I imagine DH?
- Has one of the best TMs in the game (materia with basically 60% ATK + 50% LB fill rate)

- Chains with Orlandu, Dark Veritas and Sephirot + fire/ice 60% imperil

- Has barfiraga and barblizzaga

- Has AoE 50% all elements buff

- Has 40% ST full break

- 1200% LB with 100% fire/ice imperil

He is incredible.

Dandte

Famitsu gave him a 14.5. 0.5 lower than Seph and on par with enhanced ok. Aside from ranking nummers which never should be considered because of how units work....he is pretty damn good.

Muku

Hmm. Okay. Well, I do have the itch to pull. Did 10 EX 3* tickets each on Main and Alt yesterday. Still not enough. Maybe I'll jump on board. I mean, at this point, it can't hurt to have. Add him to my CG collection as well. I'm curious how I can merge him into my current group. He might replace Agrias currently. But I kind of want to bring Aileen into the fold as well. Would have to work on TMs for her first. Which wouldn't come until after I can finish Sephy's.

Edit: Sweet. Rolled over to new stuff...

Okay, so you guys... I wish we had a gifting option. That's all I am gonna say.

I dunno if i like this new step program better than Sephiroths. You pay less but it's feels like total ass. STEP 1-3 garbage. I mean I got the some of the banner units but meh.

STEP 4 -> Got a Rainbow! Well, two if you can the damn Moogle. Which should just show up instead of tempting you then you remembering the damn Moogle is there. Out of the RAINBOW comes... Jiraya. Hm. Okay. He looks cool. Is he good?

STEP 5 -> Shit you not, three RAINBOWS. Well I get excited. First one shows.. CG Raegen. Cool beans! Second one cracks open....CG Raegen. Okay, well crap. THIRD ONE OPENS... CG RAEGEN. What the hell? I feel so bad now. What do I do WITH THREE?

robotuw

STEP 5 -> Shit you not, three RAINBOWS. Well I get excited. First one shows.. CG Raegen. Cool beans! Second one cracks open....CG Raegen. Okay, well crap. THIRD ONE OPENS... CG RAEGEN. What the hell? I feel so bad now. What do I do WITH THREE?

Dad Squad!

JP - pulled Raegan earlier and also got Aranea (sic) on step 2. Guess I got somewhat lucky getting Raegan. Disappointed he doesn't count as bonus for the MK currently going on. 10k in lapis really isn't a joke for an anniversary gift. That was sweet.

Muku

Dad Squad!

LOL! Can start his own band. 3 Reagen, Lasswell, and Rain. ;) Would running 3 even be viable? x_x

Get their TMRs and Rain, pun intended, death on your enemies.

Husband was telling me to merge at least one and I was like no. I'd get their TM first. Getting Rainbows is hard enough. Totally washing over getting three of them? No thanks. But I did like that pun. XD

But srsly. Is 3 of him viable?

Top Bottom