• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

I need to do something I haven't done in a very long time.....manually level up a unit as I'm out of cactuars. I've got 0. What's the best way these days. Put on Growth Egg and the Anniversary ring and run what?

Syntsui

I need to do something I haven't done in a very long time.....manually level up a unit as I'm out of cactuars. I've got 0. What's the best way these days. Put on Growth Egg and the Anniversary ring and run what?
XP Vortex PRO seems to be the best option. There might be better explorations, but ain't nobody got time for that.

Yep :
- Anniversary
- July reward
- August reward
- Tawain Fan Festa
- September reward
- Compensation (we're at 6 right now from the beginning)

Upcoming :
- New York Fan Festa in 11 days
- October reward in 19 days
U actually missed one and understandably so. I got one for being inactive for a long ass time

Muku

Definitely EXP Vortex Pro. Fast. At high end was getting 2 levels per. Got Ayaka yesterday to like 80 something [with Cactaur]. Ran Pro and capped her out in no time. It's awesome.

Congrats to all the folks who got something they wanted from their pulls! I'm hoarding my stuff right now. Only thing I'd want is OK and Tidus on main... but I know that won't happen. And hell. I'll take a Fryevia on either account. I don't think I've seen a person talk about pulling Fryevia since her banner. I think she is just a myth now. :p

robotuw

Timber Tracks if you hate yourself. With two growth eggs I get 130k exp for 8 NRG. I'm glad I don't have more Nines or I'd be tempted to farm them too. Takes about 10 minutes per run. If you have a life outside of this game then yeah EXP vortex is probably the way to go. Or just wait for the mog king on Friday and buy 100 cactuars from that.

I saw this on reddit immediately after writing my previous statement lol. Didn't get a chance to edit it.

Definitely EXP Vortex Pro. Fast. At high end was getting 2 levels per. Got Ayaka yesterday to like 80 something. Ran Pro and capped her out in no time. It's awesome.

Congrats to all the folks who got something they wanted from their pulls! I'm hoarding my stuff right now. Only thing I'd want is OK and Tidus on main... but I know that won't happen. And hell. I'll take a Fryevia on either account. I don't think I've seen a person talk about pulling Fryevia since her banner. I think she is just a myth now. :p

I was actually hoping you used yours and got something amazing. Thanks for the advice on the vortex, gonna get ace leveled up tonight.

Timber Tracks if you hate yourself. With two growth eggs I get 130k exp for 8 NRG. I'm glad I don't have more Nines or I'd be tempted to farm them too. Takes about 10 minutes per run. If you have a life outside of this game then yeah EXP vortex is probably the way to go. Or just wait for the mog king on Friday and buy 100 cactuars from that.

Yeah I HATED running explorations for exp, dunno if my tolerance has grown yet. lol.

Muku

I was actually hoping you used yours and got something amazing. Thanks for the advice on the vortex, gonna get ace leveled up tonight.

My luck lately with Rainbows has been abysmal on my main. Not tempting that fate right now. Actually got Ayaka yesterday on Alt. Spent my only 4* guaranteed ticket. Gold -> Rainbow -> finally an awesome healer there. Haha.

My last three Rainbows, if I recall correctly were: Gilgamesh (dupe), Orlandu (dupe), and Prishe (new). I don't have THAT many Rainbows... so fact within the last three on there I've got dupes of stuff is just... ugh. And don't get me wrong. Gilgamesh dupe was disappointing but okay. Second Genji Glove? I can get behind that. Second Orlandu wasn't exciting. It's rare I run two of the same unit in a group. So while I capped him, it'll be rare I run them together to chain.

My luck lately with Rainbows has been abysmal on my main. Not tempting that fate right now. Actually got Ayaka yesterday on Alt. Spent my only 4* guaranteed ticket. Gold -> Rainbow -> finally an awesome healer there. Haha.

My last three Rainbows, if I recall correctly were: Gilgamesh (dupe), Orlandu (dupe), and Prishe (new). I don't have THAT many Rainbows... so fact within the last three on there I've got dupes of stuff is just... ugh. And don't get me wrong. Gilgamesh dupe was disappointing but okay. Second Genji Glove? I can get behind that. Second Orlandu wasn't exciting. It's rare I run two of the same unit in a group. So while I capped him, it'll be rare I run them together to chain.

Yeah those dupes were actually pretty damned good. Have you ran 3 Orlandu in a group? 2 of yours + friend = destruction. What's your current team make up right now? I think you've secretly been blessed but haven't realized it yet.

Alkez

SPR materia were pretty common for awhile, usually 15-20% ones, I think? Holy Wand is available now and there's a decent number of other equips she can get for SPR. It'll be hard to get above 800 or maybe 700 but you can probably still get one that kinda works nice.

I looked into it and yeah you're right, can get around 800 on f2p. But it would require me to clear some trials and get the holy wand which I'm not ready to do at this point. Right now I can get around 600 spr. One day I'll be able to use her properly on JP. She's serving well on my arena team though. Deletes everything.

Muku

Yeah those dupes were actually pretty damned good. Have you ran 3 Orlandu in a group? 2 of yours + friend = destruction. What's your current team make up right now? I think you've secretly been blessed but haven't realized it yet.

I'm weird. I really don't like to run a group with a dupe. I like variety. But my biggest problem right now is I could replace someone with second Orlandu.... but I don't have the TMs for him. So I could run a second, but is there much of a point to it? With crappy gear anyway. Been working on TMs for 2B lately. Used the 100% Moogle to nab a Katana Mastery for her (second Katana Mastery I own now) which was the biggest boost for her. Working on a Champion's Belt with regular Moogles at the moment for her.

Since I'm not swimming in extra TMs, it makes for gearing the second Orlandu impossible. Well, to make him anything worth a crap.

Right now my group consists of Gilgamesh, Orlandu, Luneth, Yun, and 2B.

My first Gilgamesh came from the first guaranteed 5* EX ticket. I've had him in since then. I held on to him hoping for his enhancements. But yeah... that didn't go well. So he's just been around since for story doing wind damage and just kicking ass, since it doesn't take much to kick ass in the story.

Looking through my list my only actual 5* base units are: 2B, Gilgamesh (x2), Orlandu (x2), Luneth, Yun, Prishe, Maxwell (but does she really count?), and White Knight Noel. So few and ending up with dupes already is a little frustrating.

I'm weird. I really don't like to run a group with a dupe. I like variety. But my biggest problem right now is I could replace someone with second Orlandu.... but I don't have the TMs for him. So I could run a second, but is there much of a point to it? With crappy gear anyway. Been working on TMs for 2B lately. Used the 100% Moogle to nab a Katana Mastery for her (second Katana Mastery I own now) which was the biggest boost for her. Working on a Champion's Belt with regular Moogles at the moment for her.

Since I'm not swimming in extra TMs, it makes for gearing the second Orlandu impossible. Well, to make him anything worth a crap.

Right now my group consists of Gilgamesh, Orlandu, Luneth, Yun, and 2B.

My first Gilgamesh came from the first guaranteed 5* EX ticket. I've had him in since then. I held on to him hoping for his enhancements. But yeah... that didn't go well. So he's just been around since for story doing wind damage and just kicking ass, since it doesn't take much to kick ass in the story.

Looking through my list my only actual 5* base units are: 2B, Gilgamesh (x2), Orlandu (x2), Luneth, Yun, Prishe, Maxwell (but does she really count?), and White Knight Noel. So few and ending up with dupes already is a little frustrating.

Yeah having the gear does play a major part in it, can't make things work if you don't have the gear to do so. You will have 2 genji for dual wield and native dual wield from 2B so you are good there. Run Landu, Landu, 2b and enjoy the sick chaining damage, just need to ensure everyone has a light weapon. Can use different elements as well as long as you have the associated imperil. I hear you and can relate. I have 4 Orlandu but at most run 2 of my own because like you said I like diversity but in this case, 2 is fine. On fights where the boss isn't light immune you can run tank, healer, 2x landu and 2b and be a goddess. You can even switch it up if you have Setzers fixed dice and run a self destruct build for stupid damage.

robotuw

I'm playing around with the world's most annoying arena Ayaka:

Ayaka 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Mateus's Malice +19ATK+129MAG+10%HP
Head: Raven Beret +16DEF+5%P.Evasion
Body: Assassin's Vest +40DEF+20SPR+100%Poison/Paralyze+10%Evasion
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG/SPR+25%P.Evasion/P.Counter
Accessory 2: Twenty-Sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Ability 1: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Mechanical Heart +15%HP/SPR+30%Counter w/Mechanical Heart
Total Stats: HP: 5550 MP: 344 ATK: 277 DEF: 202 MAG: 290 SPR: 295
Crit Rate: 30% P. Evasion: 90% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 47.5% M. Counter: 30%

90% evade, stop and other status immunity, mechanical heart, and enough hp to survive 5 non-chained max-damage spells. I figure mechanical heart is better than that last 10% evade. I'm debating black cowl over the beret for sleep immunity and some extra defensive stats.

Muku

Yeah having the gear does play a major part in it, can't make things work if you don't have the gear to do so. You will have 2 genji for dual wield and native dual wield from 2B so you are good there. Run Landu, Landu, 2b and enjoy the sick chaining damage, just need to ensure everyone has a light weapon. Can use different elements as well as long as you have the associated imperil. I hear you and can relate. I have 4 Orlandu but at most run 2 of my own because like you said I like diversity but in this case, 2 is fine. On fights where the boss isn't light immune you can run tank, healer, 2x landu and 2b and be a goddess. You can even switch it up if you have Setzers fixed dice and run a self destruct build for stupid damage.

Well, it's not like I'm having issues with story, because it's been ROFLstomped up to this point. Though, might help on Trials. I've neglected them since well... forever. Except the robot one during Nier banner. Yeah... I may have taken 2B to assault him for his goods. >_> Which my 2B currently uses.

Light weapon, I assume you mean sword? GL sucks for getting any decent normal sword. -_-; That was my problem with Orlandu for a while.

I don't have Setzer's TM. I did cap one during his banner though as he does have his uses. Let me see what I can get second Landu at with whatever leftover gear... Keep in mind though my pots are limited. I capped Orlandu #1 to cap on everything. Orlandu #2 is:

0/390 on HP
10/65 on MP
6/34 on ATK
5/34 on DEF
1/26 on SPR

I could probably get a little more but not like I'm getting good pots these days. I get inundated with MAG. In which I cannot pull a damn caster.

I don't have the second Genji Glove yet either (or an additional dual wield). Why can we not have nice things? Mog King before last... in JP... we were able to buy Dual Wield from MK. Last time, Doublehand. I want those on MK. ><

Realized for now though I can jack Cloud of Darkness's DW.

So...

x1 DW
x3 Follower's Oath

Problem here comes though from not having a chance at a second Large Sword Mastery. Came from a Trial if I recall right.

- Enhancer / Falchion
- Onion Helm (until I get an OK...)
- Black Belt Gi (? for attack I Guess)
- Radiant Egg x2

With all that it only brings me up to 474 ATK.

So using my 70 Arena tickets... I get some buff so now my Pots are at:

0/390 on HP
25/65 on MP
15/34 on ATK
12/34 on DEF
6/26 on SPR

This brings him to 491. I dunno. Just doesn't seem ... worth it?

Edit: I should note I can jack stuff off Gilgamesh if need be... I mean, I guess he could replace Gilga in mean time. I imagine he is my weakest link right now. He is currently using: Apocalypse, Purple Lightning, Dark Helm, Onion Armor (unless I get an OK...), and Domination Ring.

Syntsui

I'm playing around with the world's most annoying arena Ayaka:

Ayaka 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Mateus's Malice +19ATK+129MAG+10%HP
Head: Raven Beret +16DEF+5%P.Evasion
Body: Assassin's Vest +40DEF+20SPR+100%Poison/Paralyze+10%Evasion
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG/SPR+25%P.Evasion/P.Counter
Accessory 2: Twenty-Sided Die +20%CriticalRate/Evasion
Ability 1: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30%ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Mechanical Heart +15%HP/SPR+30%Counter w/Mechanical Heart
Total Stats: HP: 5550 MP: 344 ATK: 277 DEF: 202 MAG: 290 SPR: 295
Crit Rate: 30% P. Evasion: 90% M. Evasion: 0% P. Counter: 47.5% M. Counter: 30%

90% evade, stop and other status immunity, mechanical heart, and enough hp to survive 5 non-chained max-damage spells. I figure mechanical heart is better than that last 10% evade. I'm debating black cowl over the beret for sleep immunity and some extra defensive stats.
Every single Lunera and Ashe team will demolish this. Build a full elemental immune one and she will be more annoying. There is nothing you can do about Ashe teams though.

She won't survive any basic chain from 3 characters with only 5k HP.

robotuw

Every single Lunera and Ashe team will demolish this. Build a full elemental immune one and she will be more annoying. There is nothing you can do about Ashe teams though.

She won't survive any basic chain from 3 characters with only 5k HP.

Yeah nothing I can do about non-elemental chains, or magic chains in general. I see waaaay more physical/noctis/amelia-reliant teams than Lunera teams though so I figured I'd gear for them.

RedZaraki

Banned
Yeah nothing I can do about non-elemental chains, or magic chains in general. I see waaaay more physical/noctis/amelia-reliant teams than Lunera teams though so I figured I'd gear for them.

I run Ayaka with a ton of HP and SPR instead, and forego the evasion. I think at the highest level people have given up on trying to deal damage with physical attacks, so they aren't worth worrying about.

But an Ayaka with 9k+ HP and 700+ SPR can be a problem.

Muku

Enter arena, click on options, give up, get the rewards anyway. It's extremely fast for everyone :D

I do that a lot... but shouldn't be an the only option. ;_; I do like Arena tickets for pots. Because not like I get them any other way really. (No, I don't do whatever that WoW Garrison wannabe crap is. The odds are about the same as they are with Garrison quests. I feel like the % shown is more like the failure rate than success rate.)

Alkez

Enter arena, click on options, give up, get the rewards anyway. It's extremely fast for everyone :D

I don't know why I never thought of that lol. That being said I like getting the monthly moogle, but if I don't have time to play this is a good way to get some lapis and star quartz for free.

Pejo

Gold Member
Tough decisions, tough decisions.

Spend cactuars on Aileen or Zaargabarf?

Zarg is pretty amazing. I have mine with Rikku's pouch, Pod 153, Toxic Rain. He's pretty much the ultimate support.

I hope he gets his buffs to go to 100% for ehancements down the road. There's just literally nothing he can't do.

5* ticket better than I hoped dare for as compensation! I'm especially excited for a real life friend who started around the FFX banner and hasn't had much luck with rainbows. Just texted him to log in and use it.

As for me, could this be Gummis chance for giving me an Ayaka so I can pretend that massive stash worked? Yeah right. That would be my top choice but I'd be very happy with Orlandeu, VoD, or a second Tidus. Really need a second chainer to work with my TIdus...

So here's the question, do you guys think we're getting Kingsglaive banner this week instead of Fiends due to the bulletin we got about this month? If we get Kingsglaive, I'd be tempted to wait until Nyx is added to the pool for one more great DPS option but if it's fiends, I'll just go ahead and use this thing. No benefit to stashing like there is for the other tickets.

robotuw

So here's the question, do you guys think we're getting Kingsglaive banner this week instead of Fiends due to the bulletin we got about this month? If we get Kingsglaive, I'd be tempted to wait until Nyx is added to the pool for one more great DPS option but if it's fiends, I'll just go ahead and use this thing. No benefit to stashing like there is for the other tickets.

You'll find out for sure tomorrow, but people seem to think it's going to be Kingsglaive.

You'll find out for sure tomorrow, but people seem to think it's going to be Kingsglaive.

Yeah thanks, I'll wait until tomorrow then. So eager to see what it will be haha Also resisting using my 4* guaranteed tickets as a last dash for Ayaka, going to force myself to wait for the 3% rainbow increase. I'm especially not using the EX tickets and 10+1 tickets until the increase. Off banner is rough odds, need all the help we can get.

Agree Syntsui, I just wanted extra reassurance from you guys to resist using the ticket today hehe

Also, congrats to everyone that got what they wanted from the ticket!!! That's freaking awesome that Zera listed two units he specifically wanted and landed one of them.

Yeah thanks, I'll wait until tomorrow then. So eager to see what it will be haha Also resisting using my 4* guaranteed tickets as a last dash for Ayaka, going to force myself to wait for the 3% rainbow increase. I'm especially not using the EX tickets and 10+1 tickets until the increase. Off banner is rough odds, need all the help we can get.

Agree Syntsui, I just wanted extra reassurance from you guys to resist using the ticket today hehe

Also, congrats to everyone that got what they wanted from the ticket!!! That's freaking awesome that Zera listed two units he specifically wanted and landed one of them.

Dude its crazy!!! I was like this cant be real. I am riding the train to work and reading and seeing what everyones getting. Said to myself i am going to hold this until h

Muku

Spent 10 regular EX tickets because why not. Waiting on that won't matter. Had 25 to start anyway. All crap except Bartz. Then I realized that is only the third Bartz I've ever pulled on my main. Wow.

Edit: 20 on Alt. Used 10 just because. Got like 3 or 4 Golds. First one was Blue -> Gold and I said to my husband "I bet it's Hope." Open it up... Hope. This game has some serious weight on units. Out of all the damn Golds I don't have, I repeatedly get the same shit.

Alkez

Dude its crazy!!! I was like this cant be real. I am riding the train to work and reading and seeing what everyones getting. Said to myself i am going to hold this until h

Curious to know how this post is going to end lmao.

First one was Blue -> Gold and I said to my husband "I bet it's Hope." Open it up... Hope. This game has some serious weight on units. Out of all the damn Golds I don't have, I repeatedly get the same shit.

Yeah I'm convinced as well. I've had so many Mercedes, Hopes, Lukas, yet it took me half a year to get a single Garnet and nearly a year to get a Warrior of Light.

Muku

Yeah I'm convinced as well. I've had so many Mercedes, Hopes, Lukas, yet it took me half a year to get a single Garnet and nearly a year to get a Warrior of Light.

... You can have all the Garnets I get. OMG. Hope and Garnet are my joke characters of choice. But that's because they drop like freaking water. Mercedes I have noticed though getting a lot. :( One of those on alt WAS a Mercedes, haha! Luka I get often enough. Warrior of Light I never got until they did the crystal change. (And that seemed to last a whole month.)

I mean, I'm seriously missing so many from more recent banners. The only stupid Veritas I have is Earth. I don't even have Ashe. And I'm still missing Rassler on one of my accounts. (And only gotten just ONE on the other.)

Take your weighted units and shove 'em Gumi. Seriously. All the shit I don't have, you can keep your Clyne, Bedile, Hope, and Garnet.

Celegus

Err, don't 4* tickets remain the same even after the change? It's 5% for rainbow on them currently I believe, and I don't think that changes - only regular tickets from 1 > 3%

Err, don't 4* tickets remain the same even after the change? It's 5% for rainbow on them currently I believe, and I don't think that changes - only regular tickets from 1 > 3%

Really? That's a bummer but considering I got a ton of every unit on this banner not named Ayaka, still smarter for me to save them for a new banner with desirable 4*s on it. If there was a good chance of them turning gold it'd be another story but considering how many golds I got across my hundreds of pulls and didn't get a single one to change...not feeling confident.

Kouriozan

It's true, gold tickets and the +1 summons in 10+1 have 5% chances to be rainbow and that won't change with the new rates.

Celegus

Really? That's a bummer but considering I got a ton of every unit on this banner not named Ayaka, still smarter for me to save them for a new banner with desirable 4*s on it. If there was a good chance of them turning gold it'd be another story but considering how many golds I got across my hundreds of pulls and didn't get a single one to change...not feeling confident.

For a regular ticket the chance of rainbow is 1% regardless if the crystal came down as blue or yellow (or rainbow). It's a 19% chance of gold, but it's not a 5% after that if it turns gold - the sparkly colors are there just to make you feel pretty.

Lmao god damn iphone. It ended well lol. Got Ace from the 5* ticket. Just maxed him out and awaked tri beam and apirit hand. Add anothet ace to the club guys and gals.

c-murph

It's true, gold tickets and the +1 summons in 10+1 have 5% chances to be rainbow and that won't change with the new rates.

So... No point in hoarding 4*/Ex Tickets, and 10+1 tickets then? Only the 3*/Ex tickets are affected?

Oh, the 10 pulls in the 10+1 ticket will be 3% though... right?

Kouriozan

So... No point in hoarding 4*/Ex Tickets, and 10+1 tickets then? Only the 3*/Ex tickets are affected?

Oh, the 10 pulls in the 10+1 ticket will be 3% though... right?
The 10 blue pulls of 10+1 tickets will indeed be boosted to 3% rainbow chances once that update hit Global.
So cumulated 35% chances to get a rainbow with it but you know how RNG works hehe.

Feep

Banned
So, question. How can I gear a second Orlandeau without a second Large Blade Mastery? I can pull the new katana from Kamui, and a second katana mastery from Chizuru, but Orlandeau has innate Great Sword enhancement so it doesn't seem to make sense to move away from Excalibur.

My Brotherhood is so useless. :(

Muku

So, question. How can I gear a second Orlandeau without a second Large Blade Mastery? I can pull the new katana from Kamui, and a second katana mastery from Chizuru, but Orlandeau has innate Great Sword enhancement so it doesn't seem to make sense to move away from Excalibur.

Haha, kind of my question/concern in an earlier post. :) I'm curious as well. I have a third Chizuru (last one) to get Katana.. but what do we do since we're stuck with one Large Blade? What's the best way to take a second Orlandu in general?

For a regular ticket the chance of rainbow is 1% regardless if the crystal came down as blue or yellow (or rainbow). It's a 19% chance of gold, but it's not a 5% after that if it turns gold - the sparkly colors are there just to make you feel pretty.
So if I'm tracking, it's a 4% increased odds using the 4* guaranteed to get a rainbow from when I was using all the 3* tickets and lapis summons, correct? I think my point of them being better served waiting for a fresh banner with desirable gold units I don't have yet still remains true as 5% is still shite when I only want Ayaka from this banner now.

Taking other 5* base TMs out of consideration, I want to say Werwei is your best bet, just a 10% loss from GS mastery. How is Brotherhood useless? Not using Tidus at the moment? You will when he gets his enhancements ;)

Top Bottom