• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Kouriozan

Ah so no FF4 Fiends this week, once again I have absolutely no reason to pull. I thought they would replace FF XV event in November by Kingsglaive.
At least the 5* ticket is nice.

Dandte

Thanks! Do you happen to have a formula on how hybrid damage is calculated?

Need to see if 289 ATK and 891 MAG or 504 ATK and 867 MAG is better.

Hybrid Damage Edit
The formula for hybrid damage:

Physical Damage: (Unit ATK2 / Enemy DEF) * Physical Killer Effects * Skill Modifier * Level Correction
Magic Damage: (Unit MAG2 / Enemy SPR) * Physical Killer Effects * Skill Modifier * Level Correction
Hybrid Damage: (Physical Damage + Magic Damage) / 2

Unit MAG and ATK are calculated after buffs, see above.
Magic Damage is calculated using your total MAG when dual-wielding.
Enemy SPR and DEF are calculated after a debuff and ignore spirit/defense skill
Enemy Base SPR * Break * Ignore SPR and Enemy Base DEF * Break * Ignore Defense
Physical killer effects will work on the magic damage portion, but not magical killer effects.
Skill modifier varies per ability.
Level correction is calculated with 1 + (Unit Level / 100)
Attacking player's unit reduces your damage to one tenth
In arena, your damage is capped to 999 per action, before chain
A simple but accurate way of thinking about Hybrid damage is that you're attacking with half of the skill modifier as physical damage and the other half modifier as magic damage.

Hybrid damage skills generally require a higher skill modifier to deal comparable damage to a non-hybrid skill. If your opponent has equal DEF/SPR (including buffs/debuffs), then ATK and MAG will be equally valuable to your hybrid damage. However, if your opponent has significantly different DEF/SPR, then the relative value of ATK vs MAG is weighted accordingly (inversely proportional).

Source: ff be wiki

Finally took the time to fight the ten man Sheratan battle.

Completed it, but didn't kill with the esper or hit it with earth and dark. Can always go back as it was actually a fun fight, and I like the swap mechanic. It's nice to have a good challenge that didn't feel cheap like Malboro. Gotta say though, having Orlandu and Dark Veritas for chains was golden and made it a lot easier for me.

bryt

Hybrid Damage Edit
The formula for hybrid damage:

Physical Damage: (Unit ATK2 / Enemy DEF) * Physical Killer Effects * Skill Modifier * Level Correction
Magic Damage: (Unit MAG2 / Enemy SPR) * Physical Killer Effects * Skill Modifier * Level Correction
Hybrid Damage: (Physical Damage + Magic Damage) / 2

Thank you. Looks like 504 ATK and 867 MAG is better if I'm reading this right.

Used my 10+1 and got trash units. All old garbage and only semi-new unit was Orrin for my 4*.

First EX ticket gave me Eileen!

Now I’m debating spending my other (10) EX tickets and the 5*.

Edit - Used it and for Zargabaarth.

I’m pleased. Only dupe 5* so far since starting has been Orlandeau. That’s nice.

Rixa

Compensations are really great, then we get FanFesta stuff too.

Reddit Nazta said:
FFBE FAN FESTA Reward!

As a thank you for all your support for the FFBE Fan Festa in New York , we will be awarding everyone with the following items.

Monday 10/9 1:00 - Tuesday 10/31 0:59 PDT

3★ EX Rare Summon Ticket ×13
Monday 10/9 1:00 - Thursday 10/19 0:59 PDT

Free daily featured summon x1
Friday 10/13 1:00 - Friday 10/27 0:59 PDT

Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV Hairpin × 500 for 14 days
Thursday 10/19 1:00 - Tuesday 10/31 0:59 PDT

4★+ Guaranteed EX Ticket × 1
Friday 10/20 1:00 - Tuesday 10/31 0:59 PDT

10+1 rare summon ticket x1
Saturday 10/21 1:00 - Tuesday 10/31 0:59 PDT

Metal Gigantuar × 3 for 10 days
1 % Trust Moogle ×1 for 10 days

Mine was dupe Wilhelm :&.

bonkeng

Thanks! Do you happen to have a formula on how hybrid damage is calculated?

Need to see if 289 ATK and 891 MAG or 504 ATK and 867 MAG is better.

They're computed the same way, but Mag build wins out due to mag stat being applied to both attacks when dual wielding as compared with physical, which deals on per weapon basis.

Let's take a 1k mag Fryevia and a 1k atk Orlandu for example.

Fryevia will deal 2 x 1k mag damage, while Orlandu will deal (1k - weapon2) atk + (1k - weapon1) atk.

Here's an extensive formula for it if you wanna understand it completely.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Mechanics

Menchi

Well, the way I do it is like this. I TM farm with the units I want the TMR for and when they get anywhere from 70%-90% I finish them off with moogles.

Others fuse their moogles together into 100% moogles and then when they draw a unit they want the TMR for immediately, they use it.

Its up to you. I dont think theres a wrong way to do it.

Wait... How long have we been able to fuse TM moogles together? I have like 50 spaces used by moogles...

Feep

Banned
I assume EX tickets do not consider banner rate ups? Which is why half of the posters in here didn't just pull Ayaka?

Rixa

So should we use the 5* ticket right now or wait for the Halloween banner? Will those units even be in the EX pool?

Do you believe in miracles?

Wilhelm as 5* tix then I did use 10+1 too since it was "extra" Got BTFina, Xon, Rasler. Iam ok with Rasler (my 2nd). Then I used those trash 13 ex tix too, 3 Golds BTFina, WoL, Orran.

All in all, thanks for free trash Gumi.

Alkez

:eek: we got a 5* ticket. Hmm, use it or save it? Only thing I majorly want is Marie. Maybe save it for a chance at Halloween Sakura.

You can totally do non-TMR builds with her. SPR would be more difficult but ATK builds should be pretty easy. She has a lot of attack unarmed too so she's actually very usable right away.

Sorry, my sentence wasn't well structured. What I meant is there isn't a viable f2p spr build. Outside of Staff Mastery there's not many f2p spr materias as far as I know. There's only a few really strong staves and only a few clothes that provide high spr and most of those things are TMRs. The attack build is fine, I'm just trying to work on something very specific and it requires her spr build to work.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sry Rixa... This game really loves to throw tanks as you. Between WoL, Earth Veritas and dupe Wilhelm now you gotta wonder when it will stop.

I was fearing exactly that scenario.... Worst pull of course would be Lightning but after that it's usually any non chaîner dupe units.

Well at least Refia can be finally retired so you have all roles on your team filled with Top Tier units.
Gratz on VoL, she is a Nice pull and thanks!
Also what is Africa? Lol

Swap my Xon to Fina on 1 of the mission and forgot to change it back >.<.
Thanks bro...lol I meant Agrias but my phone understood Africa xD

Xon? OK this makes more sense... It was just funny seeing 'Linkent pulled 5* Ayaka' on the lige ticket only to see regular Fina in the friend list..lol.

Rixa

Sry Rixa... This game really loves to throw tanks as you. Between WoL, Earth Veritas and dupe Wilhelm now you gotta wonder when it will stop.

I was fearing exactly that scenario.... Worst pull of course would be Lightning but after that it's usually any non chaîner dupe units.

Well at least Refia can be finally retired so you have all roles on your team filled with Top Tier units.

Thanks bro...lol I meant Agrias but my phone understood Africa xD

Xon? OK this makes more sense... It was just funny seeing 'Linkent pulled 5* Ayaka' on the lige ticket only to see regular Fina in the friend list..lol.

Ahem Iam missing Earth Veritas (dont have any of those 4* Veritases). Now Iam wondering is there any point of raising second Wilhelm to 6* lol. Anyways no worries, these were all free (and shitty) pulls. I wasn't expecting anything great and thus didn't get drop down either.

Only bad thing is that now I have 25 units to feed / sell / keep locked. Stupid ui and horrible sorting options, I guess I need go thru using "Trust name" and sell / feed those unwanted trash units (Bedile, Charlotte insta sells).

Coppanuva

Got my first hybrid damager from the 5* ticket, but it's light veritas. Not sure I wanna grind out the gear for them since I don't think I have much they can use :/

I was weak, pulled a gouken from the 10+1 (everything else was duped, not bad just stuff I already had so TM fodder)

Got veritas Of waters from ex tickets, and a bunch of TM fodder

5* gave me veritas of flame. So not too bad, already have an enhanced DKC but hey I’ll get him up for expeditions at least. And it wasn’t a dupe!

wilstreak

Just played the game and i feel salty since somehow almost everyone in my friend list got 5*. Then i realized Gumi gave us 5* ticket.

Though, I am too afraid to use it, on the last guaranteed 5* i got dupe Ramza.

But looking at different view, the value of 5* ticket is higher now than when 3% rainbow came. so conflicted.

Kouriozan

Crazy how we went from 5 10+1 tickets (since they started giving them) at the end of September, to 8 in 19 days, thanks to Fan Festa + compensation + daily reward.
Using them when the 3% rainbow will be here is going to be sooo good.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I went ahead and juts used the 13 3* Tickets as well on my main. Bunch of weird pills and a Rainbow - Queen. She is new to me.. I would be bummed about her usually but I remember that she recieved Awakenings that mad her food for something. Will have to look it up later.

Will use the tickets later on my abandoned account as well.. If I manage to pull a 5*Chainer I'm going back... lol.
Ahem Iam missing Earth Veritas (dont have any of those 4* Veritases). Now Iam wondering is there any point of raising second Wilhelm to 6* lol. Anyways no worries, these were all free (and shitty) pulls. I wasn't expecting anything great and thus didn't get drop down either.

Only bad thing is that now I have 25 units to feed / sell / keep locked. Stupid ui and horrible sorting options, I guess I need go thru using "Trust name" and sell / feed those unwanted trash units (Bedile, Charlotte insta sells).

True, it was a nice suprise not something we were expecting. Second Wilhelm? Probably something to work on when you have no other unit to work on... Between double Wilhelm, Rikku and Ayaka you could probably run some ridiculous defensive squads lol. I'm worried that we will need this type of defense anytime soon considering how bad those Chamber of the Fallen foes are getting.

Used my 5* ticket and got Ramza, which is new to me.

What is the customary waiting time before I can start complaining about the delay in his enhancements?

More seriously, am I right in assuming that outside of his TM and his eventual enhancements, he's not really all that exciting right now?

Alkez

Crazy how we went from 5 10+1 tickets (since they started giving them) at the end of September, to 8 in 19 days, thanks to Fan Festa + compensation + daily reward.
Using them when the 3% rainbow will be here is going to be sooo good.

Wait 8? I've used 2 (the first one we got and 1 on Nier) but I only have 4 atm :(

Kouriozan

Wait 8? I've used 2 (the first one we got and 1 on Nier) but I only have 4 atm :(

Yep :
- Anniversary
- July reward
- August reward
- Tawain Fan Festa
- September reward
- Compensation (we're at 6 right now from the beginning)

Upcoming :
- New York Fan Festa in 11 days
- October reward in 19 days

vato_loco

Everyone, I need your help with a couple of things.

Here's my entire roster so far:

W88rcgY.jpg

I need to know:
- What would be my ideal team with what I've got? I'm leveling an Agrias because she looks just awesome, and I'm not very much into Setzer because his Dice very rarely hits enough to merit having him in my team. I'm guessing I need an Ayaka healer or something, but I want your opinions. Current team is Ace, Prishe, Agrias, Setzer and Ashe.

- Who do I TM from what I have?

- What do I just straight up delete because they're a useless waste of space?

Second thing I need to know is: how does the Ability Awakening thing work? I see I need a LOT of items that come in different sizes and all, but where do I get them? Like, say I want to awaken Ace's Tri-beam Laser, I'd need the following:

Where do I get those? Do I fuse the small ones to create the larger ones, or how does it work? I don't even know where I got the few ones I already have...

Alkez

Yep :
- Anniversary
- July reward
- August reward
- Tawain Fan Festa
- September reward
- Compensation (we're at 6 right now from the beginning)

Upcoming :
- New York Fan Festa in 11 days
- October reward in 19 days

Ah ok that makes sense. So we currently have had 6 and are receiving 2 more in the upcoming weeks. Nice.

Niahak

5* guaranteed: Dark Veritas! Excited. I already have a Cid, so I guess I've got my chaining combo. I had just awakened Agrias' Ruination too...
Daily summon: the 3* banner unit with the worse TM
Free summon: fang

I think I've come to terms with not getting Ayaka. Still have 10x tickets and 7K lapis, so I'm still OK.

Everyone, I need your help with a couple of things.

Here's my entire roster so far:

I need to know:
- What would be my ideal team with what I've got? I'm leveling an Agrias because she looks just awesome, and I'm not very much into Setzer because his Dice very rarely hits enough to merit having him in my team. I'm guessing I need an Ayaka healer or something, but I want your opinions. Current team is Ace, Prishe, Agrias, Setzer and Ashe.

- Who do I TM from what I have?

- What do I just straight up delete because they're a useless waste of space?

Second thing I need to know is: how does the Ability Awakening thing work? I see I need a LOT of items that come in different sizes and all, but where do I get them? Like, say I want to awaken Ace's Tri-beam Laser, I'd need the following:

Where do I get those? Do I fuse the small ones to create the larger ones, or how does it work? I don't even know where I got the few ones I already have...

You need to farm ayaka’s Story mission 1&2 for sugar and water. Combine them in crafting for candies and trade them to the moogle minister for those 4* and 5* crysts. Do it now so you can get the power crysts you need for tri-beam laser. Do this today, top priority. The other crysts can come from the chamber of gems, except for reliable ways to get the 4* and 5*s

I'll let someone else answer your team composition and TM question, as I'm actually not very good at that kind of thing. I barely know how to build my own, and always have a tough time figuring out my priority TM.

As for the ability awakening, you are looking at crysts. They come in a variety of types (white, black, power, tech, guard, support, etc.) and you can either try and farm them from the vortex in the Chamber of Gems (which will get you the first 3-4 levels of rarity), but I tend to gather them from events.

So for example, in the current Ayaka event, you can exchange candies for purecrysts and giancrysts (the top 2 tiers of crysts). They are relatively easy to get, as well. In Story Events, you get a buttload of each tier. In the recent Mog King events, you've been able to exchange the currency for purecrysts and giancrysts.

So there's not really a great way to farm them, especially the higher tiered crysts, but you will generally get what you need over time. You can ream more about them here.

Spent 3* Ex ticket instead of 5* guaranteed ticket and got Orlandeau. I'm in tears, guys.
I would keep 5* ticket until they release CG Sakura and Cid.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just used my ticket

I guess it's time to delita game off my phone.

Rokuren

Free summon to Silvia. Sweet! Wish she was stronger though as her Sprite is pretty cool.

3* ex ticket to Setzer. One day I'll pull an Ashe.

Going to try and save my 5* ex ticket for Halloween or Cloud.

Didn’t even realize we had free daily summon.

Got 3* Samurai dude. Awesome!

That is now 2x Fire Katana for my Orlandeaus. Everything is falling into place for me now. Thanks Gumi!

Can’t believe I just said that...

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Going to try and save my 5* ex ticket for Halloween or Cloud.

I decided to use mine now since most of the rainbow pulls would be good for me but I got literally the worst one in the game so I guess I should have waited.

Rixa

I decided to use mine now since most of the rainbow pulls would be good for me but I got literally the worst one in the game so I guess I should have waited.

Delita's tm is still very useful. Lightning's only use is in expedition. I have 2 Lightning running expeditions 24/7.

Whizkid7

Debated, relented, used the 5* ticket, got dupe Ramza. Unfortunate, but I'm not really gonna complain. I'm bound to start seeing dupes now that I've got a reasonable collection of them.

Top Bottom