• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

RedZaraki

Banned
My logic for hoarding:

- My team is solid already

+

- When I use the hoard to pull there will be a ton of new and powerful units in the pool, so my consolation prizes will be more valuable

+

- Only "OP" units get spots in my team anymore, so it makes sense to use resources only when they're available

I kinda wonder how much I'll have by then. I'm guessing Sage Sakura will be in February.

Celegus

I decided to use mine now since most of the rainbow pulls would be good for me but I got literally the worst one in the game so I guess I should have waited.

Good TM and pretty good enhancements as mp battery and breaker, not the best but certainly not the worst.

Alkez

My logic for hoarding:

- My team is solid already

+

- When I use the hoard to pull there will be a ton of new and powerful units in the pool, so my consolation prizes will be more valuable

+

- Only "OP" units get spots in my team anymore, so it makes sense to use resources only when they're available

I kinda wonder how much I'll have by then. I'm guessing Sage Sakura will be in February.

Yup, that's my thought process as well. Marie is the only unit I don't have that gives me a significant power increase at this point. DV, Ace, and Gilgamesh would be good, but considering that's 4 units in 20+ it doesn't really make sense for me to use it right now.

c-murph

Well, oh shit.

Free 10+1 Ticket and 5* Ex Ticket.

Do I save or burn them right meow? Maybe I'll save it for the Goth Sakura Banner. Wasn't going to pull but might as well.

Kouriozan

As I said before, I'm doing the events easily so I don't feel the need to summon.
Been a while since we had an hard event fight too (FF3 Hein), wonder how the Kingsglaive one is, if there is an event trial of course.

vato_loco

You need to farm ayaka's Story mission 1&2 for sugar and water. Combine them in crafting for candies and trade them to the moogle minister for those 4* and 5* crysts. Do it now so you can get the power crysts you need for tri-beam laser. Do this today, top priority. The other crysts can come from the chamber of gems, except for reliable ways to get the 4* and 5*s
Farming it right now. I'll keep farming it until I buy everything, I guess.
So there's not really a great way to farm them, especially the higher tiered crysts, but you will generally get what you need over time. You can ream more about them here.
I guess that's the hardest part in this game. When you've just started, there's just so much to do, so much stuff to wrap your head around. Awakening units, leveling, awakening abilities, leveling limit breaks, TM farming, stories, arena, colosseum, expeditions, crafting, chaining, elemental chaining, espers, magicites... there's just so much, and I don't know when I'm supposed to be chasing what.

Also holy crap those two last fights in
Mysidia
against
Dark Sexy Fina and Veritas of Light
. They destroyed me AND my 1k+ ATK companions. I don't think I'll be able to take the last bosses in the next island...

Also holy crap those two last fights in
Mysidia
against
Dark Sexy Fina and Veritas of Light
. They destroyed me AND my 1k+ ATK companions. I don't think I'll be able to take the last bosses in the next island...

I found that part of the game really hard compared to what game afterwards (final two areas not withstanding). Focus on just getting through now, you can always come back later to get the missions

Make sure you use your breaks (might even use a offensive break first for survival) and try to get your Ashe to chain with a Chainer friend.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I've been avoiding the trials because I figured they were too hard for me since I only started during Nier. It goes without saying that an A2 with a buddy A2 can pretty much wipe everything, at least so far.

Edit: Used my free 5* ticket. Veritas of the Dark. Sweeeeeeet.

bonkeng

I've been avoiding the trials because I figured they were too hard for me since I only started during Nier. It goes without saying that an A2 with a buddy A2 can pretty much wipe everything, at least so far.

Yes double A2 can carry you to almost all content.

Only Sheratan and Malboro requires much more than an A2.

Grats on DV. 2nd or 3rd best dps unit in the game.

Azuran

Banned
I got Veritas of the Light with my ticket. I didn't exactly want her but considering it was free and the results could have been a lot worse I'm certainly not going to complain lol

Why did I merge all my Hopes?!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Free Daily Summon: Edge

13 Free Ex tickets
Ex1: Medius
Ex2: Galuf
Ex3: Helena (gold)
Ex4: Garland
Ex5: Wakka
Ex6: Rydia
Ex7: Ludmille
Ex8: Firion
Ex9: Setzer (gold)
Ex10: Gau
Ex11: Roselia
Ex12: Soleil (gold)
Ex13: Garnet (gold)

Free 10+1
1. Refia
2. Tellah
3. Lenna
4. CoD
5. Shine
6. Summer Lid
7. Gilbert
8. Amarant
9. Silvia <-- new to me
10. Krile
11. Kain

1/2 Daily: Vaan
1 ticket: Guy

5* Ex Ticket:
Merc Ramza

c-murph

Ex Tickets:
Abel No.4
Jack No.??
Blue -> Gold - Soleil No.6
Gold - Nine No.??
Gold - Bran No.2
Gold - Rasler No.3, Great! Just about to finish Rasler TM No.2 today! My WoL will be unstoppable!
Celes No.??
Gold - Rosa No.7
Edge No.??
Blue -> Gold - Gaffgarion No.??
Medius No.??
Gold - Seven No.6
Jean No.8

I'm happy with the Rasler. Gunna save the 5* Ticket I guess.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!

FUCKING ACE!!!!!

Rixaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! I finally got my own and don't need to beg you any more bro!!!! Shout out to all you other Ace users I've begged as well!

evangd007

Saving 5* ticket until Halloween. Might as well use it while time-limited units are in the pool. Everything else can wait until gacha change.

vato_loco

FUCKING ACE!!!!!

Rixaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! I finally got my own and don't need to beg you any more bro!!!! Shout out to all you other Ace users I've begged as well!
I mean I have an Ace too but I'm not sure mine would be of much help for you yet.

Eb9bWQW.jpg

Somebody loves Type-0 too!

Edit: 13 EX pulls:
Ulrica
Roselia
Ashe (Nice! A second Ashe!)
Aria
Kamui
Mercedes
5* Mercenary Ramza (Nice!)
Tellah
Lani
Sara
Xiao
Guy
Kain

All in all, I can't complain.

just used the 5* guranteed, because anyway ex ticket are unaffected by boosted banner rates, so any time is a good time :)
i got..
fohlen...

well at least the helm is good..
I hoped for an oldmandu (i have none) or for fryevia.. but ohhh well...

Niahak

I mean I have an Ace too but I'm not sure mine would be of much help for you yet.

Ashe (Nice! A second Ashe!)

All in all, I can't complain.

Nice! I would suggest dropping Ashe in your Arena team (if not also your regular team), once you have her leveled.

2x Heaven's Fury + Ace's Tri-laser will probably drop most enemy teams as well as healing yours up to full.

With two Ashes, you may not even need a healer in your story-mode team for most content.

FUCKING ACE!!!!!

Grats!!!!! I got ace recently too and I feel like he's such an overlooked unit. I've been using mine as a primary MP battery but I also give em Rikkus pouch on my runs with him. Very very useful unit.

creid

Is there a list anywhere of the LBs that are most important to level up to 25? I've already got a max LB on Cecil, Rikku, Tidus, and Wilhelm, and I've got LB pots piling up and I dont know where to spend them. I've got just about every gold unit, and my rainbows are:
2B
Marie (x2)
Aileen
Gilgamesh
Randi
Delita
Queen
Y'shtola

robotuw

Gonna follow a couple other people and save my ticket for the Halloween event. I don't really need any units right now so I can wait.

Is there a list anywhere of the LBs that are most important to level up to 25? I've already got a max LB on Cecil, Rikku, Tidus, and Wilhelm, and I've got LB pots piling up and I dont know where to spend them. I've got just about every gold unit, and my rainbows are:
2B
Marie (x2)
Aileen
Gilgamesh
Randi
Delita
Queen
Y'shtola

I wouldn't say any on that list are essential. Y'shtola's would be nice if she's your main healer. As far as golds go: Earth Vertias, 9S, Garnet, and Zyrus are maybe worth it.

c-murph

I don't want Ace; I want DV or Marie... Maybe even that Whilhem guy with the TM shield. Another Noctis would be great two.

Hmmmm... I gunna wait.

vato_loco

Nice! I would suggest dropping Ashe in your Arena team (if not also your regular team), once you have her leveled.

2x Heaven's Fury + Ace's Tri-laser will probably drop most enemy teams as well as healing yours up to full.

With two Ashes, you may not even need a healer in your story-mode team for most content.
Didn't even think about that. That's a pretty damn good idea, she's already my main source for healing in my main team in Arena.

Pejo

Gold Member
Woo Baby! Compensation!

Ain't even going to think about saving it. Let's burn these things.

--------

Free: Bartz

10+1: Xon, Golbez, Shantooter, Aiden, Firion, Clyne, Krile, Grace, King, Ramza #3, Ruggles

5* EX: Trance Terra #3

Cool beans. Still no Fryevia, still playing hard to get. Can't complain about another Brave Suit and whatever TT's TM is. Thanks Gumi!

There is no content that requires 3x Aileen or Orlandeau right?

Now that I have an Aileen for future enhancements I am brainstorming new team setups w/ Aileen friend.

So glad I pulled her today. :)

Whales

Banned
got a knight delita from the 5* ticket

pretty nice, honestly i wouldve raged if i had gotten another lightning or queen lol

Woo Baby! Compensation!

Ain't even going to think about saving it. Let's burn these things.

--------

Free: Bartz

10+1: Xon, Golbez, Shantooter, Aiden, Firion, Clyne, Krile, Grace, King, Ramza #3, Ruggles

5* EX: Trance Terra #3

Cool beans. Still no Fryevia, still playing hard to get. Can't complain about another Brave Suit and whatever TT's TM is. Thanks Gumi!

In less than a month you are going to have 3 magic goddess. I can't wait for her enhancements.

got a knight delita from the 5* ticket

pretty nice, honestly i wouldve raged if i had gotten another lightning or queen lol

Love his TM for fights where I don't really need a lot of elemental resistance.

Helped make my WoL a 12k+ HP beast w/ 500+ DEF and 300+ SPR that self heals after taking damage. So awesome. Can't wait for his enhancements now.

Pejo

Gold Member
In less than a month you are going to have 3 magic goddess. I can't wait for her enhancements.

Damn, I had never looked at her enhancements before. Now there's an arena team if I ever saw one. I think you can make a full evade TT too, if i'm not mistaken.

As far as I know, non-elemental magic skills are never locked out either, right? And the best news - she only uses black and tech crystals.

Alkez

If we get the JP input update, DW Tidus will suck though. OK and Fryevia will also be hit hard.

They fixed it so macros still work. Forced delay doesn't. At least that's how it's been for me. They said they were going to change it because when you manually clicked it never worked if you went too fast.

Syntsui

What is the JP input update? You recommend no dual wield for future tidus?
There is zero delay on the input there, so it's not possible to click in two units at the same time, even with macro, it simply doesn't register. So these units with very tight chains won't be able to fully chain anymore with DW builds. It will always break.

TDH builds are the way to go of you want unbreakable chains nowadays.

On global though, it seems Gumi takes a difference stance towards chaining and macros so we might not get this update. Right now we even have a big input delay here that seems to be a conscious design decision that makes chaining easier for almost everyone (harder for D. Fina/Victoria).

They fixed it so macros still work. Forced delay doesn't. At least that's how it's been for me. They said they were going to change it because when you manually clicked it never worked if you went too fast.
Yeah, macros work just fine. The problem is how they are handling the delay between inputs. Even considering it's still possible to fully chain two DW Aileens, it's gotten extremely hard to do it consistently.

Shouta

:eek: we got a 5* ticket. Hmm, use it or save it? Only thing I majorly want is Marie. Maybe save it for a chance at Halloween Sakura.

Sorry, my sentence wasn't well structured. What I meant is there isn't a viable f2p spr build. Outside of Staff Mastery there's not many f2p spr materias as far as I know. There's only a few really strong staves and only a few clothes that provide high spr and most of those things are TMRs. The attack build is fine, I'm just trying to work on something very specific and it requires her spr build to work.

SPR materia were pretty common for awhile, usually 15-20% ones, I think? Holy Wand is available now and there's a decent number of other equips she can get for SPR. It'll be hard to get above 800 or maybe 700 but you can probably still get one that kinda works nice.

Anyway, since the GL compensation was being doled out, I loaded up GL to redeem, lol. I got a 2nd Aileen and an Ace from the 10+1. It's like Ace central here.

Top Bottom