• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Whales

Banned
So, question. How can I gear a second Orlandeau without a second Large Blade Mastery? I can pull the new katana from Kamui, and a second katana mastery from Chizuru, but Orlandeau has innate Great Sword enhancement so it doesn't seem to make sense to move away from Excalibur.

My Brotherhood is so useless. :(

Haha, kind of my question/concern in an earlier post. :) I'm curious as well. I have a third Chizuru (last one) to get Katana.. but what do we do since we're stuck with one Large Blade? What's the best way to take a second Orlandu in general?

Werei's tm
Katana Mastery
A 30% ATK materia
Dual Wield

using any katana and excalibur

is how i'd do it

Feep

Banned
So if I'm tracking, it's a 4% increased odds using the 4* guaranteed to get a rainbow from when I was using all the 3* tickets and lapis summons, correct? I think my point of them being better served waiting for a fresh banner with desirable gold units I don't have yet still remains true as 5% is still shite when I only want Ayaka from this banner now.

Taking other 5* base TMs out of consideration, I want to say Werwei is your best bet, just a 10% loss from GS mastery. How is Brotherhood useless? Not using Tidus at the moment? You will when he gets his enhancements ;)
I don't have Werwei, sadly. What about Dark Knight's Soul?

Well, I didn't really have enough gear to roll Orlandeau and Tidus in the same party, so I was using Orlandeau and Rem. And now with two Orlandeau's he has no chance. Does Enhancement Tidus exceed Orlandeau? o_O

Muku

Werei's tm
Katana Mastery
A 30% ATK materia
Dual Wield

using any katana and excalibur

is how i'd do it

Yeah, but I don't have an additional 30% ATK materia. Think Orlandu right now is using my only one. DW isn't a problem. Katana Mastery isn't either. I forgot about Werei's. Actually on my list of Alt to get. Not sure though if I have him on main...

Whales

Banned
Yeah, but I don't have an additional 30% ATK materia. Think Orlandu right now is using my only one. DW isn't a problem. Katana Mastery isn't either. I forgot about Werei's. Actually on my list of Alt to get. Not sure though if I have him on main...

time to farm up some TMs then

Earth veritas TM gives 40% atk for equipping heavy armor
or
Quick Assault from shine ( 30% atk and some evasion which is nice)

Emperor's majesty is 20% atk, 20% hp and mp regen from sozhe

There's also power of creation (30% atk 30%mag) from maxwell too.

So, question. How can I gear a second Orlandeau without a second Large Blade Mastery? I can pull the new katana from Kamui, and a second katana mastery from Chizuru, but Orlandeau has innate Great Sword enhancement so it doesn't seem to make sense to move away from Excalibur.

Haha, kind of my question/concern in an earlier post. :) I'm curious as well. I have a third Chizuru (last one) to get Katana.. but what do we do since we're stuck with one Large Blade? What's the best way to take a second Orlandu in general?

Dark knight soul may be an option. I vant check right now. Too dead into Divinity Original Sin 2. If you are a D&D fan get this god damn game.

Zarg is pretty amazing. I have mine with Rikku's pouch, Pod 153, Toxic Rain. He's pretty much the ultimate support.

I hope he gets his buffs to go to 100% for ehancements down the road. There's just literally nothing he can't do.

That sounds like a nice setup for him, and all my copies of those materia are not currently used.

Do any of those attacks chain well with Divine Ruination?

Well in the future his black emblem or whatever can be enhanced to have mastery for other weapons..

robotuw

Make up for it with adventurer/werei tm/veritas tm. Or, get zany and give him equip fist with the robot arm and martial arts mastery. Even losing a slot to the equip materia the atk is surprisingly high.

Alkez

Lmao god damn iphone. It ended well lol. Got Ace from the 5* ticket. Just maxed him out and awaked tri beam and apirit hand. Add anothet ace to the club guys and gals.

Congrats. Going to use him to do Marlboro? Or have you already done it?

Congrats to everyone who got good pulls. If Lolita Sakura is good I'll use mine. But for now it's being added to the stash.

Congrats. Going to use him to do Marlboro? Or have you already done it?

Congrats to everyone who got good pulls. If Lolita Sakura is good I'll use mine. But for now it's being added to the stash.

Iphone strikes again. Thanks bro! I have failed malboro like 10 times now. Will try it this weekend when i have time.

Fired up my original account to snag the freebies.

10+1 had a bunch of new stuff but nothing great, 5* was lightning, 13 ex tickets got an Orlandeau and that accounts first Zidane. 14 months and it finally drew a source of dual wield...

Accounts still terrible and cursed.

Kouriozan

Always feel good when it happens

SA7TBzel.jpg

I'm back at 15 T4 power crysts, and with Gumi changing some future enhancements to less used crysts, like Emperor using Black and Green instead of Power and Support, I'm feeling good with that number.

Muku

time to farm up some TMs then

Earth veritas TM gives 40% atk for equipping heavy armor
or
Quick Assault from shine ( 30% atk and some evasion which is nice)

Emperor's majesty is 20% atk, 20% hp and mp regen from sozhe

There's also power of creation (30% atk 30%mag) from maxwell too.

Haha, that's my point right now though. :) Is I've got to farm TMs to effectively use the second Orlandu right now to get anywhere with him. I have a few Shines. Working on TMs for 2B first though. She will be getting one of the Quick Assaults. Orlandu #1 will be getting the next. I guess I have the third one for Orlandu #2.

I thought about Emp's Majesty for 2B but seems she gets better nabbing something else. I have two of him though. Power of Creation is on someone right now. Can't remember who at the moment.

With Orlandu #2 it's more of a weapon proficency issue though I'm concerned about. I see Crimson says he gets enhancements that work for other weapons? If so that would be great.

bonkeng

Tough decisions, tough decisions.

Spend cactuars on Aileen or Zaargabarf?

I'd pick Zarg. He can help your team immediately. Aileen isn't that useful right now.

Werei TM as an alternative to LSM.

Earth Veritas is also good on Landu with Dark Mail.

I'd pick Zarg. He can help your team immediately. Aileen isn't that useful right now.

That’s what I ended up doing.

Best weapons are on my Landu’s, but with Durandal and Chirijiraden I can get him looking pretty good as a pure support unit w/ 8k+ HP and 300+ on MP, DEF and SPR once I pot him.

I have my Pouch and Pod on him too. He looks solid.

Edit - Just realized I can get ATK bonus twice with Vernard. :)

Lyrian

Grats to everyone on their (mostly) sweet free rainbows!

Biting my tongue and trying to hold on using it until the Halloween units show up in a week and half.

So damn shiny though....

Celegus

Biting my tongue and trying to hold on using it until the Halloween units show up in a week and half.

So damn shiny though....

Heh yeah it's temping but I'm waiting till then too!

Finally used a ticket on this banner because of failing a 99% expedition, thought maybe I'd have some reverse luck summoning. Elle.

Broseybrose

Yay for everyone's new 5* units!

I think Ill hold on to my tix even though I NEED an Old Man (or DV or Ace...)

Whats killing me is I also need T3 crysts BADLY. And the vortex just sucks even with Xons.

What do?

across

Yay for everyone's new 5* units!

I think Ill hold on to my tix even though I NEED an Old Man.

Whats killing me is I also need T3 crysts BADLY. And the vortex just sucks even with Xons.

What do?

Running the third stage (25 NRG) of either Ayaka or Goken's Request is 100% heavicryst drop, with a chance at a second. Ayaka is White/Green/Support/Healing, Goken is Black/Power/Guard/Tech. If literally all you need is T3, it might be worth it. I ran it for a while, since I need Tech Heavicrysts for Trance Terra in a week and change. About 200 energy got me one. I figure T1/T2 crysts are a bottleneck a lot of the time so I'd just switch back to the Vortex, shitty as it is. But if you only need a couple T3s...

Broseybrose

Running the third stage (25 NRG) of either Ayaka or Goken's Request is 100% heavicryst drop, with a chance at a second. Ayaka is White/Green/Support/Healing, Goken is Black/Power/Guard/Tech. If literally all you need is T3, it might be worth it. I ran it for a while, since I need Tech Heavicrysts for Trance Terra in a week and change. About 200 energy got me one. I figure T1/T2 crysts are a bottleneck a lot of the time so I'd just switch back to the Vortex, shitty as it is. But if you only need a couple T3s...

Oh yeah I forgot about that drop. Thanks a lot!

I only NEED 4 Supports, but Id love to be able to farm more. For me T3s are the bottleneck.

Also opened up some slots. Hit me if you dont have me yet!

350 186 594

Running Ayaka for now. Also have 800+ Victoria and 900+ Aileen and Noctis

wilstreak

So damn shiny though....

I'll hold on to it just for the reason with each new rainbow, the possibility of getting Lightning or another dupe are lower.

Still salty for getting dupe Ramza and dupe Lightning on guaranteed 5* banner

robotuw

Whew, just finished the Raven quest line and the farplane moogle quests. I think that catches me up to all the games quests again. Pretty nice rewards from that group, even if they were very involved.

Feels like interest in the arena is dropping off. This is the second week in a row I've snuck into the top 3k without trying or doing anything different. Usually I'm in the 5-10k range with no refreshes and a few orbs lost every day to sleep.

I don't have Werwei, sadly. What about Dark Knight's Soul?

Well, I didn't really have enough gear to roll Orlandeau and Tidus in the same party, so I was using Orlandeau and Rem. And now with two Orlandeau's he has no chance. Does Enhancement Tidus exceed Orlandeau? o_O

No, Dark Knight's Soul goes off of sword, not great sword. It's perfect for Tidus since that's what Brotherhood is but you'd have to use a sword as your other weapon with Landu to use this as a substitute.

As for Tidus exceeding Orlandu after enhancements, with enhancements, they are both considered to be in the god tier of units. You could say it's a wash but I find Tidus to be a better unit because he has some solid support skills, especially the Pumped Up one after it's enhanced while Orlandeu is only good for damage dealing (and lowering light resistance). Orlandeu is a little better with damage at the start, pre-enhancements but Tidus gets a larger boost from his enhancements than Orlandeu does. If you could gear both Orlandeus equally, I'd imagine that would get the nod as they would obviously chain perfectly being the same unit with the same attack. Otherwise, it's easier to gear the old man and Tidus since you can build Tidus with swords which means he doesn't need GS mastery.

Mine is built right now with Brotherhood and the Aqua Blade you get from Camille's TM. The latter gives me dual wield and stacks a second water weapon go great symmetry with Brotherhood. It providing dual wield means I free up an ability slot for a good attack boost like Quick Assault which can make up the difference lost by GS mastery. Well, that alone won't necessarily but depending on what TMs you have it can. In my case, that extra quick assault and swapping GS mastery for Veritas of the Earth's TM gave me a +20% attack net gain over having GS mastery equipped and having to waste a slot with Dual Wield. You just have to look at your TMs and figure out how to pick up the slack.

Shouta

Information on CG Raegen is out.

He's basically a support/attacker with the potential to deal huge damage on occasion. He has buffs and debuffs attached to his various attacks so he can do that for you as you fight. They're not the strongest but pretty decent if you want to avoid taking up a slot with a dedicated one for each role.

On his attacker side, he gets 50% attack for 4 different weapon types and native dual-wield. So you can use weapons as you see fit. His big regular attack is 480% with -60% Fire/Ice resist which means he'll pretty respectable damage if he needs to. Where he gets really powerful though is his max LB which is 1200% with a -100% Fire/Ice resist debuff. That's a 2400% attack which is sick. His LB is 36 crystals but his TMR and the fact he natively gains 2 per turn should make it fairly easy to fill. He might be a pretty solid candidate using a TDH build if you wanted.

He also has a Full Release ability that uses his entire LB bar but gives him 200% Buffs for 3 turns, reduces his damage taken by 30%, and gives him a ton of Regen/Refresh.

Very strong, versatile unit IMO. Not gonna outshine dedicated DPS all the time but has potential depending on build and situation on that front.

Edit: On Enhanced Tidus versus Orlandu - Tidus is stronger on the upper end while Orlandu meshes well with more units. If you have Tidus' LB maxed out, he'll be a monster post enhancement because he'll be able to deal 1440% per turn for 5 turns after an LB is used. You'll find more usage for Orlandu though if you have friends that are using him, Agrias, Dark Veritas, etc

fionel

Reagan is pretty crazy. 60% Buffs/40% debuffs/50% all resist up/AoE mp recover. Most complete all-in-one package there ever was. Will have to actually try him to see how often one can pull off his LB though. Guess I'm going all in on the step gacha again :/

Shouta

Reagan is pretty crazy. 60% Buffs/40% debuffs/50% all resist up/AoE mp recover. Most complete all-in-one package there ever was. Will have to actually try him to see how often one can pull off his LB though. Guess I'm going all in on the step gacha again :/

It's only 11000 this time and we get 10000 for free, so it's only 1000 Lapis all things considered. but he's not guaranteed is the only thing. Just a higher rate of getting him.

He's very good and I'm looking forward to him lol.

fionel

True. Can't even be baited into going through multiple cycles in the step gacha. Even if I couldn't pull him it would be a bit better for my sanity lol

edit: 3.5% and 7% rainbow rate for the 1st and 5th step respectively. (1.5% and 5% for Reagan) Interesting.

Kettch

Well, 5 steps, 4 rainbows. Roy, Gabranth, Helmless Kain and finally Raegan on the last step.

I have the best luck ever on JP.

Haven't even finished getting all of the free lapis and I'm sitting on CG Sakura, CG Lid, CG Nichol, CG Raegan, 2 Sephiroth, 3 Lila and another 9 assorted 5*s.

Alkez

Information on CG Raegen is out.

Adding to what Shouta has said, his main attacking move has holy explosion frames (makes sense) so he can chain with that trio and Sephiroth. I think because of that and his innate dual wield and passives he's a great starting 5*for anyone looking to join JP.

Unsure of whether I'm going to pull or not. What are the thoughts of current JP players?

Dandte

Oh jpn,

i love you. I didn‘t got Raegan, my 30% 5 ticket was a mercedes...but my third step had an off banner Lila!!!!!!!!!

This means i now have every unit i ever wanted on jpn. I have Lightning, D Fina, Greg, Onion Knight, Ayaka, Roy, CG Fina, CG Sakura and now Lila....without spending anything.

On Global my free pull was Bartz, my daily was Penelo...fuck that....my 5* ticket was a great tm with a unit that may shine in future trials...don‘t know..but atm hits the bench harder than anyone else.

I‘m now over 20 multis without a rainbow. Cumulative over 350 Pulls without a Banner Rainbow. I blew all my resources i wanted to safe for CG Fina. Do i feel bad? Yes. But i do have the holy Land jpn is. But remember...my last dailies on jpn were shadow, duanne and sice...

fionel

On the 3rd step, no rainbows and 1 off-banner gold. Gonna stop here for the moment as I'm just not feeling the vibe. Thinking if I should use the 30% rainbow tix on tmr's Sakura banner instead.

Menchi

Hmm, did the free daily pull and got Ayaka. How does she match up to Tilith? Nice surprise as I don’t think I’ve ever gotten anything useful from the free pulls

fionel

Oh yeah did all 5 steps alright.

Happened to me on the Sephiroth step gacha too. I can only imagine what kinda luck is brewing under all these shitty pulls!

Alkez

Glad Kingsglaive is a mog king. Would be spending on this banner regardless so good to know I can double my value with my pulls. Want at the very least 1 of each 4*.

5 steps... 0 rainbows.

Notto dis shitto agein.

edit: may I add - 0 on-banner golds throughout all 5 steps.

Wtf. This is getting beyond ridiculous now. First Seph, then Elincia (FEH), now this. I dunno what is going on with your luck. Sorry to hear you didn't get anything, was hoping it went well for you.

I did the first step, Trey, decided this banner is not for me and dipped lmao. I'll do the second step at some point purely for the moogle.

Oh wow, Nyx's TM is so bad, Adventurer 3 is the same thing basically (and it's free).
Unworthy of a base 5* unit.

I dunno why didn't go with the dagger idea. Really they should be reading the feedback from the leaks. People were really happy with that change.

fionel

Wtf. This is getting beyond ridiculous now. First Seph, then Elincia (FEH), now this. I dunno what is going on with your luck. Sorry to hear you didn't get anything, was hoping it went well for you.

I did the first step, Trey, decided this banner is not for me and dipped lmao. I'll do the second step at some point purely for the moogle.

Haha thanks for the condolences. Looks like I'm just in some sort of shitty gacha luck loop for the time being. Worse in FEH actually coz it still hasn't been broken by a 5* there over 250 orbs spent.

At first I thought I should do up to step 3 at least for the 30% ticket, then seeing so many ppl getting multiple rainbows on the 5th step broke my patience and here I am hehe. I wish you better luck!

Syntsui

Lmao, Nyx is still garbage. All things considered, Gumi is being real to the source material, no Kongslaive unit has the right to be good.

Syntsui

Got Raegan on the fourth step :DDDDD

This step up is a shameless bait, all the other pulls were some disgusting batch of units. I would be extremely pissed if I didn't get him. I didn't even get the 4* units.

Top Bottom