• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

Syntsui

I would just give you one so you don't have to. :x You wanted a second one, yeah?
I do, but the anniversary banner is next week and we will 100% have those guaranteed 5* banners for each type again.

I'll probably have 20k lapis again by then.

Shouta

Double Raegen should be pretty viable but you'd need fire or ice weapons to make it work. It won't be quite as powerful as some of the enhanced character but it'll be good.

Muku

I do, but the anniversary banner is next week and we will 100% have those guaranteed 5* banners for each type again.

I'll probably have 20k lapis again by then.

Nice! I had 21k with what they gave. Figured what they gave was fine to use +1k of what i earned. I'll see how I feel about next week. Right now I went from the pull itch to "wtf do I do now"

Syntsui

Double Raegen should be pretty viable but you'd need fire or ice weapons to make it work. It won't be quite as powerful as some of the enhanced character but it'll be good.
Is there even an ice weapon that is worth a shit other than that tuxedo dude's Katana?

Gearing him with fire stuff is pretty simple with Rain's GS and Ling's ''free'' dagger we got a few weeks ago.

Muku

Is there even an ice weapon that is worth a shit other than that tuxedo dude's Katana?

Gearing him with fire stuff is pretty simple with Rain's GS and Ling's ''free'' dagger we got a few weeks ago.

Ling's free dagger? They didn't even give me enough of her to get the stupid thing. ><

Syntsui

Ling's free dagger? They didn't even give me enough of her to get the stupid thing. ><
Really? I was able to get one and had to sell almost enough Moogles for a second one because I didn't have a dupe Ling >_>

Limited time banners are the worst, so many moogles being lost.

Muku

Really? I was able to get one and had to sell almost enough Moogles for a second one because I didn't have a dupe Ling >_>

Limited time banners are the worst, so many moogles being lost.

I would have killed for them. ;_; Finally get Ling on one side... even if she's shit, and they wouldn't give me enough. Just checked and got her up to 80.0%. ;_; Close but no cigar I guess.

With 15% in Moogles I got in Step Program got Sephiroth up to 73.x% on his katana. Should I finish off Ling's before moving on after I get his Katana?

Shouta

Icebrand for a low level sword, ice lance for a low level spear. There's also Northern Lights in addition to the Ice Katana. That's a TMR spear from the 3-star Dragoon from Duke's banner. It gets trickier to gear though because of the masteries you need but it should be possible to get 300%.

Alkez

I would like to go for Raegan because I like the character, but I only have 5k lapis (Sephiroth banner ruined my supplies) and the banner itself doesn't really seem worth it. Outside of 10 mans and his TM I don't know if he advances my position enough to warrant going for. I did the first 2 steps for the moogle. Will probably call it there.

Syntsui

I finally beat Shiva 3*. Turns out Nichol was just what I needed to survive her absurdly powerful attacks, Raegan + Sephirot with fire weapons was insanely helpful too. I love my team :D

tuffymon

Currently I'm running Agrias(5), Warrior of Light(4), Onion Knight(5,thanks free pull), Luka(4), and Orran(4).

I've got the following, but not sure who works well with what etc.
Onion Knight, Agrias, Warrior of Light, Firion, Charlotte, Soleil, 9S, Setzer, VIctoria, Gafgarion, Mercedes, Veritas of Water and Heaven, Cecil, Luka, Orran and Vaan.

Since you didn't list your party in the second portion... I'm going to assume you have 2 Onion Knights, and if that's true... I'd drop Orran for Ok. or... i could just have missed everything >.>;

I knew A2 could get higher than 1203, but DV Tm is a necessity. That Vargas is redonk...

fionel

Used 30% rainbow ticket on Sakura/Nichol banner - Tim.

Used my last 4*+ ticket - dupe CG Lid.

Pulled a multi on the said banner - CG Nichol.

Kinda bittersweet as I really just wanted CG Sakura. And also that 11k lapis for the step gacha has officially gone COMPLETELY wasted lol.

Oh man If I get a dollar every time I get a dupe rainbow I think I would have enough to do 2 more multis lol

FUCK YEAAAAH!!! I channeled my inner Zera and just like him, somehow got one of the four units I said were the only ones I wanted from the 5* ticket. I decided Nyx entering the pool wasn't necessary so might as well use it as I wouldn't want a Halloween unit over the top DPSers or Ayaka. I wanted Ayaka most but it seems it's not meant to be...for now. However, I said I'd be pretty much as happy with a second Tidus, Orlandeu, or Veritas of the Dark as I really need a second chainer to pair with my Tidus. What did I get? Veritas of the Dark! Wohoo!!! A top chainer that chains perfectly with friend Orlandeus and has an awesome TM!!! What are the freakin chances with all the rainbows available you get one of a few you desire? Phew.

Now I'm bummed that I just blew all but three of my king cactuar things on Luneth haha Somehow I knew this would happen. The pots I can get back with the arena tickets I have saved up but I'm going to have to level up VoD the hard way. First world problems though, so happy! Now to strip Luneth of all the good equipment I gave him hehe He'll still be good for Team B for 10 man trials. Anyway, woooooooo!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well I just go Onion Knight from one of the free 10+1 tickets so I guess I'm not as mad about that troll 5* ticket.

So as I don't have Deathbringer, I just want to go with non elemental weapons, right? Would equipping Hoemaru instead of Genji Blade cause problems because he has dark elemental attacks? Or is it only an issue to mix elements when they are on your weapons? I looked at BiS and the cheaper option had Genji and Save the Queen and I wondered why he wouldn't use Excalibur or Hoemaru unless it's because having one of those an element would cause problems with his skills.

Also, the fastest way to level is the Pro experience void, right? Been a long time since I was out of metal cactuars.

Celegus

So as I don't have Deathbringer, I just want to go with non elemental weapons, right? Would equipping Hoemaru instead of Genji Blade cause problems because he has dark elemental attacks? Or is it only an issue to mix elements when they are on your weapons? I looked at BiS and the cheaper option had Genji and Save the Queen and I wondered why he wouldn't use Excalibur or Hoemaru unless it's because having one of those an element would cause problems with his skills.

Also, the fastest way to level is the Pro experience void, right? Been a long time since I was out of metal cactuars.

You didn't get the Organyx greatsword from a recent event? The slightly lower attack is still well worth it when using his dark imperil. Pro chamber of XP is the best for sane people, yes, but you could also just hold off until friday when mog king comes to town.

across

You'll want to equip him with Organyx + non-elemental weapon if you're using Dark Punishment to chain with another DV; Excalibur + non-elemental weapon if you're chaining him with a friend Orlandeau. Fire + non-element (or another fire weapon) can be useful on a couple of recent trials/event fights where native Dark/Holy res is present.

You don't want to be using two elements if you're utilizing a single imperil, because then your damage output is reduced, to simplify things.

bonkeng

Wow gratz on DV. A very good pull and perfect timing, since Glauca will be coming this friday, his TM is even better than Deathbringer and he's a 4* unit. So good luck in getting Glauca.

His most used skill, Dark Punishment, doesn't have any element attached to it. Although it's best to use a dark element weapon since it debuffs dark. Just like how Excalibur suits perfectly with Orlandu because of his Divine Ruination light debuff.

Muku

[JP] Replaced Agrias with Reagen for now. Not far into it, but diggin' him so far. Doing the new story stuff for them goodies.

I decided Nyx entering the pool wasn't necessary so might as well use it as I wouldn't want a Halloween unit over the top DPSers or Ayaka.
I came to the same conclusion, and ended up with Dark Fina. She joins Trance Terra, Emperor, Bikini Dark Fina and Rem as my recent pulls since the NieR banner. I really just want my first physical chainer. :/

Guess I'll just moggle her and toss the TM on Terra post-enhancements.

c-murph

I came to the same conclusion, and ended up with Dark Fina. She joins Trance Terra, Emperor, Bikini Dark Fina and Rem as my recent pulls since the NieR banner. I really just want my first physical chainer. :/

One day you'll be more than prepared for when GUMI brings out that Mage Meta...

NeoCross

Help GAF! I can't decide who to slap my 100% moogle on. Currently debating between blade mastery and dark knight's soul. Looking to at least improve my OK. Or should I go with an elemental weapon?

Also thinking about using it on Light Veritas to slap on her or to Trance Terra.

Rixa

Wow gratz on DV. A very good pull and perfect timing, since Glauca will be coming this friday, his TM is even better than Deathbringer and he's a 4* unit. So good luck in getting Glauca.

Yes and no. Deathbring is 120 atk but it has inbuild Man-Eater killer. So depending of enemy DB can be better.

Help GAF! I can't decide who to slap my 100% moogle on. Currently debating between blade mastery and dark knight's soul. Looking to at least improve my OK. Or should I go with an elemental weapon?

Also thinking about using it on Light Veritas to slap on her or to Trance Terra.

I would go with DKS, since you have Onion Knight and Onion Sword is non elemental sword, thus you can slap the combo DKS + OS to every unit that can use swords.
Do remember to check your heavy armour situation and the ones that can equip heavy armour.

My problem is that I don't have OK so DKS is kinda limited, either use Enhancer or Brotherhood which is Water element.

Xevren

Grats on the Veritas pull Squall, definitely deserved it after all you pulled with the other day.

Spent today mainly going through and playing older trials that I got carried for awhile ago to do more missions (and to prove to myself that I could do it) so that was productive. Got some good trust moogles out of it, hooray! Another day and should get my 2nd magistral crest.

bonkeng

I would go with DKS, since you have Onion Knight and Onion Sword is non elemental sword, thus you can slap the combo DKS + OS to every unit that can use swords.
Do remember to check your heavy armour situation and the ones that can equip heavy armour.

My problem is that I don't have OK so DKS is kinda limited, either use Enhancer or Brotherhood which is Water element.

I think Blade Mastery is a better choice as compared to DKS since its only requirement is a Katana, while DKS you'll need Sword and Heavy Armor equipped as well.

Let's say he's using his Onion Knight with Onion Sword and Genji Blade. He needs at least a Demon Mail equipped to have the 50% boost from DKS. Or he can equip Genji Blade + Blade Mastery + Onion Armor, which has the same +10 atk as Demon Mail but has additional +15% HP if equipped to Onion Knight.

Not to mention, good katanas are more accessible than good swords.

robotuw

Get Glauca from the Kingsglaive banner on Friday. His TM will be perfect for DV.

Syntsui

OMG OMG OMG, JP players. Go to the Vortex Kingdom right now if you haven't already. The place is all decorated and there are firework and confetti animations all over the place. Pretty cool detail for the anniversary.

Rixa

I think Blade Mastery is a better choice as compared to DKS since its only requirement is a Katana, while DKS you'll need Sword and Heavy Armor equipped as well.

Let's say he's using his Onion Knight with Onion Sword and Genji Blade. He needs at least a Demon Mail equipped to have the 50% boost from DKS. Or he can equip Genji Blade + Blade Mastery + Onion Armor, which has the same +10 atk as Demon Mail but has additional +15% HP if equipped to Onion Knight.

Not to mention, good katanas are more accessible than good swords.

Yup you are right KM + Katana is much easier combination than DKS + Sword + HArmour.
Since both units are 4* rarity of TM doesn't matter either.

Dandte

Wohooooooooooooooooo

Had one ticke left.

Blue->Gold->Rainbow->CG Reagan

God i love jpn. Yesterday lila, today Reagan. Screw you Global.

Now i really wish i would have started earlier, missed so much event gear.

Again my friend id if someone has space: 881 195 681

Shouta

I was just going over some of the enhancements in this batch for JP and Nyx actually is probably one of the strongest DPS now. He beats Orlandu, Aileen, and Dark Veritas in chaining, though he loses to Aileen on certain enemy types.

For comparison:

Nyx: 275% ST 8 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -70% Fire Resist = 935%
Eileen: 250% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -75% Earth Resist = 875%
Orlandu: 260% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Light Resist = 780%
Dark Veritas: 260% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Dark Resist = 780%

The two that can beat Nyx are Tidus and Onion Knight. Tidus takes at least 2 turns if not a tiny bit more because his Imperil is on his LB. OK can't Imperil at all though but if he has someone to Imperil he does more.

What's interesting is for Fixed Dice TDH builds. Nyx works really well with them because he has a 750% 1-hit move and can also Fire Imbue himself. Tidus was the king of this before because of his 720% mod and Water Imbue but Nyx beats him out by 80% which is pretty wild.

Then you add on top that he has two -50% breaks, he's a really handy character. He gets stronger if you're using Raegen too because of his potential -100% Fire/Ice imperil. Very interesting!

You didn't get the Organyx greatsword from a recent event? The slightly lower attack is still well worth it when using his dark imperil. Pro chamber of XP is the best for sane people, yes, but you could also just hold off until friday when mog king comes to town.
Unfortunately not. I'm assuming you mean the last mog king? I was not a fan of that event and participated the least I ever have so just grabbed the usual tickets and star quartz for the most part. Yeah I definitely plan on buying up gigantuars when he comes, thanks for the confirmation. We got another 5 of those king ones today for the daily log in though, wohoo! Another batch of 5 in the final week of the month too but I hope to have him maxed before then some way somehow ;p Why did I blow my stash on Luneth? Whyyyy?
You'll want to equip him with Organyx + non-elemental weapon if you're using Dark Punishment to chain with another DV; Excalibur + non-elemental weapon if you're chaining him with a friend Orlandeau. Fire + non-element (or another fire weapon) can be useful on a couple of recent trials/event fights where native Dark/Holy res is present.

You don't want to be using two elements if you're utilizing a single imperil, because then your damage output is reduced, to simplify things.
I read up proper on his abilities so this makes sense to me now , thanks. That's great because I have plenty of Excaliburs and most people like to share their Orlandeu so sounds like that's what I'll keep on him most of the time until I get a bad ass dark sword. Don't have Organyx, unfortunately. That fire kitana I mentioned before from the current banner will work nicely when a trial has light and dark resistance.

His most used skill, Dark Punishment, doesn't have any element attached to it. Although it's best to use a dark element weapon since it debuffs dark. Just like how Excalibur suits perfectly with Orlandu because of his Divine Ruination light debuff.
Thanks! I was just thinking that but the problem is that I blew most of my resources chasing Ayaka. Do you think it's worth using guaranteed 4* tickets just to get that sword? Or should I continue to save those for when there's a must have 4* unit like Rikku was? If only there wasn't two 4*'s on this banner. At least Crowe has a useful TM for tanks.

Damn bro, I feel your pain. I started at hard launch? July 2016 and couldn't for the life of me get a Chizuru back then. I then went real hard at Lightning, it's the one and only time I spent money for lapis and not only did I fail to get her, couldn't even get any other physical dps unit at all. That's when I vowed I'd never spend on lapis again except maybe for my gaf namesake. I had to use Vaan as my dps all the way until the Noctis banner lol Noctis was my first good dps and remained my best one until Tidus. So now I'm in a great position but boy did it take a long time to get there! Chin up my friend, your time will come if you keep going!
Grats on the Veritas pull Squall, definitely deserved it after all you pulled with the other day.

Spent today mainly going through and playing older trials that I got carried for awhile ago to do more missions (and to prove to myself that I could do it) so that was productive. Got some good trust moogles out of it, hooray! Another day and should get my 2nd magistral crest.
Thank you! That's what I told myself to feel better, I pretended I got him while chasing Ayaka haha That's awesome you overcame carry trials yourself, that indeed feels great! Also, congrats on finishing another TM! I have a couple Vanilles so I'll get those too one day but god the TM back log never ends haha
Get Glauca from the Kingsglaive banner on Friday. His TM will be perfect for DV.
Yeah that would be perfect! I asked this to another above but do you think it would be worth using 4* guaranteed on the banner? I just have 3 and feel like I should save them for an awesome 4* down the road or maybe towards the players choice banner but would you say this sword for him would be worth it? Maybe I'll get lucky with a daily free pull. Yeah, right haha
OMG OMG OMG, JP players. Go to the Vortex Kingdom right now if you haven't already. The place is all decorated and there are firework and confetti animations all over the place. Pretty cool detail for the anniversary.
That sounds cool! Hopefully Global does something like that in the future.

Ok, stayed up later than I meant to, time to get in bed. Good night fam, I'll take the answers to my questions off the air ;p

Vashetti

Banned
I'm officially broke. Expeditions have ruined me.

masZtV1.jpg

bonkeng

Thanks! I was just thinking that but the problem is that I blew most of my resources chasing Ayaka. Do you think it's worth using guaranteed 4* tickets just to get that sword? Or should I continue to save those for when there's a must have 4* unit like Rikku was? If only there wasn't two 4*'s on this banner. At least Crowe has a useful TM for tanks

For DV? Definitely. If you don't have any Dark weapons for DV, he's only achieving half his potential.

I was just going over some of the enhancements in this batch for JP and Nyx actually is probably one of the strongest DPS now. He beats Orlandu, Aileen, and Dark Veritas in chaining, though he loses to Aileen on certain enemy types.

For comparison:

Nyx: 275% ST 8 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -70% Fire Resist = 935%
Eileen: 250% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -75% Earth Resist = 875%
Orlandu: 260% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Light Resist = 780%
Dark Veritas: 260% ST 7 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF & ST 3 Turn -50% Dark Resist = 780%

The two that can beat Nyx are Tidus and Onion Knight. Tidus takes at least 2 turns if not a tiny bit more because his Imperil is on his LB. OK can't Imperil at all though but if he has someone to Imperil he does more.

What's interesting is for Fixed Dice TDH builds. Nyx works really well with them because he has a 750% 1-hit move and can also Fire Imbue himself. Tidus was the king of this before because of his 720% mod and Water Imbue but Nyx beats him out by 80% which is pretty wild.

Then you add on top that he has two -50% breaks, he's a really handy character. He gets stronger if you're using Raegen too because of his potential -100% Fire/Ice imperil. Very interesting!

Can Nyx chain without breaking? I've read somewhere that his chain breaks, and instead of a 31-hit continues chain with DW, it breaks into 2 x 15-hit chain. This is important damage-wise as that 935% means nothing if Nyx doesn't gain the 4x bonus on 10-hits and above after chaining. Orlandu's 780% 27-hit DR chain might outdamage Nyx's 935% 2 x 15-hit chain.

FUCK YEAAAAH!!! I channeled my inner Zera and just like him, somehow got one of the four units I said were the only ones I wanted from the 5* ticket. I decided Nyx entering the pool wasn't necessary so might as well use it as I wouldn't want a Halloween unit over the top DPSers or Ayaka. I wanted Ayaka most but it seems it's not meant to be...for now. However, I said I'd be pretty much as happy with a second Tidus, Orlandeu, or Veritas of the Dark as I really need a second chainer to pair with my Tidus. What did I get? Veritas of the Dark! Wohoo!!! A top chainer that chains perfectly with friend Orlandeus and has an awesome TM!!! What are the freakin chances with all the rainbows available you get one of a few you desire? Phew.

Now I'm bummed that I just blew all but three of my king cactuar things on Luneth haha Somehow I knew this would happen. The pots I can get back with the arena tickets I have saved up but I'm going to have to level up VoD the hard way. First world problems though, so happy! Now to strip Luneth of all the good equipment I gave him hehe He'll still be good for Team B for 10 man trials. Anyway, woooooooo!

This is awesome, congrats bro!!!

Vashetti

Banned
Seriously, Chamber of XP PRO is so good.

I just maxed Desch, now working on Aria. I can max out a character in 1-2 days. It would be even quicker if I had a Growth Egg.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Free Pull - Gold - Beach Time Fina
1/2 Daily Silvia

So that's my second Silvia... I only have like 1500 Lapis left so I think getting Ayaka isn't happening for me (for now). I saw that the upcoming banner has a good dark GS - would be exactly what I would need to make my DV enter Top Tier territory.

I just don't know of its worth to pull for such a unit just for a TM weapon. Are we getting any free dark weapons anytime soon?

Also I need to start TM farming soon - haven't had much time this week but this weekend I could get some done once I'm home.

Seriously, Chamber of XP PRO is so good.

I just maxed Desch, now working on Aria. I can max out a character in 1-2 days. It would be even quicker if I had a Growth Egg.
Really that good? I really need to check it out since I don't have much to do on the current event. Kinda thought it would be lackluster without Growth Egg.

Top Bottom