• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is full price up the wazoo!

zeromcd73

Shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

Hexa

Game never came out here, is massively improved, and it comes with the FFXV demo. Fair imo.

JoJoSono

Banned
Isn't this the norm for PS4 remasters?

Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, etc.

Besides, the game never released here. I'll gladly pay the 60$.

Wasn't The Last Of US $50?

Either way, SE games are expensive in Japan and I guess they can pull this everywhere else because it is "new".

Either way, it looks like an actual quality effort so I'm not complaining.

Spinluck

I guess I'll be splitting this with my brother of friend, because fuck that.

It sucks, because I just found out it is coming with a FFXV demo code.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
If after years of the most incessant whining on these boards I see one single freaking post saying "not buying this anymore" because of 10 or 20 extra bucks I swear on me mom

Koppai

I don't get it, people will pay $60 for every Call of Duty & Madden game, yet you complain when a remake costs full price... (this is not just HD, come on...)

Finally I will have a game that I want to actually play on my PS4. Sorry if I seem like a Japan-only gamer but western games (outside of DriveClub so far) on PS4 don't have my interest. Sorry...:S

I am glad we are finally getting the game, I almost bought a PSP but then I lost hope so I never did. Now I still don't have to :)

minty_jpg

If after years of the most incessant whining on these boards I see one single freaking post saying "not buying this anymore" because of 10 or 20 extra bucks I swear on me mom

Seriously. I'm pre-ordering tomorrow, I didn't spend the last couple of years whining to then not buy the game.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

I'm waiting for it. My god am I waiting to see it.

b3b0p

I think OP is jumping to conclusions.

This is most likely a place holder price since they don't know the price. Notice, it also has a place holder date also.

It's not like I've had a chance to play the original and I'm paying full price for a game I've already played here.

More than happy to pay the full price for what's a brand new game.

Darknight

Shame people will go and pay that "SE Tax" just because. Not my money but its sending a bad message. Should of been $50 at most, $40 at best with a free Cross-Buy Vita version.

ZeroX03

Banned
And people thought this company was pulling itself together.

Like every other overpriced SE game it'll drop to half price within a few months. FFX and KH HD held their prices better because they had sensible prices from the start.

TheXbox

The game is apparently good, the HD treatment is a staggering upgrade, and there's a demo for some game I've never heard of. Easy $60 value, and I'm not one to ever defend Square for their bullshit.

Skilletor

I don't get it, people will pay $60 for every Call of Duty & Madden game, yet you complain when a remake costs full price... (this is not just HD, come on...)

Finally I will have a game that I want to actually play on my PS4. Sorry if I seem like a Japan-only gamer but western games (outside of DriveClub so far) on PS4 don't have my interest. Sorry...:S

I am glad we are finally getting the game, I almost bought a PSP but then I lost hope so I never did. Now I still don't have to :)

It IS just HD. They didn't change anything else, there is no added content, there's no change in the environments other than looking better. There aren't more enemies, different types of enemies. It's a game that was designed for a handheld ported to current gen consoles.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Didn't they charge $40 for Chrono Trigger DS when it was new? This is a pretty good deal in comparison.

Still loling at this shit though.

Catdaddy

I hope Sleeping Dogs PS4/XB1 bombs next month; at least until a price drop so SE will get the hint..

I know it won't work even if it does..damn SE

Honestly I like to nail SE for bullshit, but I don't think they're in the wrong in this case. At least in NA/EU.

For non-Japan countries this is a brand new game. It's also the exact same localization effort as a new game, unlike something like FFXHD or KHHD remix.

This is like how Danganronpa 1 and 2 were separate releases in NA despite being bundled together in Japan. Releasing it for the second time in Japan isn't the same as releasing it for the first time in a region that it never came out in.

CSX

I was expecting $60 for US since the PSP version never came here....

And then a $80 limited edition that comes with the FFXV demo lol

Seik

Banned
I'll buy it, no problem.

This is a title, and a demo, that hold me by the balls, I simply have 'no choice', hah.

Top Bottom