• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is full price up the wazoo!

$60 for a console game never released in US. I'm more than not surprised, I didn't expect anything else. I'm more surprised people didn't share my expectations.

$40 for the demo and $20 for the game?

Deep Down.... I can live with that. Especially if the demo is longer than the Ground Zero demo.

Zoe

Woah, it's releasing in the US before Japan?

Any word on first press incentives for the JP version?

dark_chris

For a game that never got released in the US and got a beautiful graphical overhaul from its original inception, I don't see this a problem.

Fbh

$60?
For the glorified version of a 3 years old psp game?

nicolascageconfusedemotions.gif

soultron

Banned
Game ain't gonna localize itself... oh, wait a second...

As long as it's good I don't care. First FF since IX that has me interested.

What did people expect after people bought Tomb Raider DE at full price one year after the original release?

I'll buy this at $20 max and Squeenix knows exactly where they can put their paid demo

katkombat

Banned
Wait this wasn't common knowledge? I saw it on amazon and gamestop.com a while ago. It is pretty shitty but the demo does seem like a way to sell the game.

Will buy though.

ramuh

I don't think we need to be surprised at this SE pricing. Don't they usually charge full price for nearly every game?

MrBS

Now announce the US$90 LE that comes with a bluray sountrack and some art cards please squeenix. I want to preorder already!

Paskil

I think that at this point, I'm just going to order a PSP copy off Playasia and go the translation patch route. Either that or wait for a price drop. With how long it took SE to bring this over, I'm not giving them $60 for this game, regardless how badly I've wanted to play it forever. Shit like this makes me really cynical. TLOU
which I haven't double dipped on yet
should set at most, a minimum standard for pricing on last gen upres games, and what they did with TLOU is much more than what they're doing here. Not to mention this is a PSP game from 2011. I want to love you SE, but you keep doing this to me.

I hope people enjoy this. I've been waiting forever to play it (along with many others).

Sorry to be super negative. :(

fedexpeon

Banned
Not touching it.
Played the game already, and the battle system was a mess...and those exp grind for all characters. Who thought it was a great idea not to have shared experience points across the board?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Hah! Full price for a single PSP game?! Nyaah. I'm paying 40 for a full PS2 game plus a PSP game in December.

I'll wait till it goes down in price!

At this point, I'll pay 60 bucks. I just want to play it, it looks so damn good. Plus the game will probably be a good length, so I'll be getting my money's worth.

Plus that FF XV demo adds some serious value to it as well.

It's a physical FF game I have been waiting to play for a while. I paid full price for FFIII(6) back in the day(I'm pretty sure I paid full price for EVERY FF game, including the first one, when they were all released, with the exceptions of FFXIII and FFXIII-2, which I got on the cheap a while after they were released), I don't mind paying full price for this! C'mon, Square, give it to me!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
$60 for a game with probably around 40-50 hours of content, that was never before released in the US, with a big graphical upgrade, a demo for one of the most anticipated games in history... definitely seems worth it to me. You guys purchase these "AAA" games with 5-10 hours of content for $60 and then buy all the DLC packs that should've been included on the game disk in the first place and yet you complain about this?

Top Bottom