• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Beta Phase 3 Impression: Phase 4 August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Anyone know if you can change the language of the game's UI/dialogues? Like having english menus playing the Japanese version and vice versa, or is it just VA only?

Fvash

Neo Member
They're Wildwood only, under the 'Ear Clasps' section (Duskwights have Tattoos instead).

Grrrr....
thanks for the info :3

EDIT: So... I know starting race stats have been dismissed before but I still have to ask: The fact that Wildwood have the lowest MND at start -> does that translate into a moderate limitation early on, if I run CNJ first?

Xux

Anyone know if you can change the language of the game's UI/dialogues? Like having english menus playing the Japanese version and vice versa, or is it just VA only?
You can boot the Beta clients and Benchmark in whatever language so probably.

I wish they would let us go ahead and start downloading the beta. D: I guess they are afraid of more datamining prior to the beta releasing. Meh.

Anteater

You can boot the Beta clients and Benchmark in whatever language so probably.

Was this option in the ps3 version too? I didn't really mess with the launcher, but I guess I'll find out in phase 4.

Friend wants to play the english version but he's in Japan, so was wondering if there's an option to switch it to english so he doesn't need to import it.

ebil

Was this option in the ps3 version too? I didn't really mess with the launcher, but I guess I'll find out in phase 4.

Friend wants to play the english version but he's in Japan, so was wondering if there's an option to switch it to english so he doesn't need to import it.
Eh, I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. Thought you were asking about separate languages for the game (dialogue etc.) and UI. You can indeed boot to another version, and VA will be a separate option (ie you can play the English version with Japanese VA).
PS3 Beta client has all languages, so I guess it's safe to assume the release version will be the same.

Xux

Yeah, I heard it got switched to unannounced but couldn't find the link.
So is this when we will be finding out when next phase is? Also, isn't tomorrow when we can register our preorder codes? Or is that when we find out when we can?
Yeah, Phase 4 date is confirmed to be announced during the Live Letter.

Anteater

Eh, I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. Thought you were asking about separate languages for the game (dialogue etc.) and UI. You can indeed boot to another version, and VA will be a separate option (ie you can play the English version with Japanese VA).
PS3 Beta client has all languages, so I guess it's safe to assume the release version will be the same.

ahh I see! Thanks!

WolvenOne

BTW, how exactly do I go about getting that little, FFXIV confirmation code program set up on my smart phone? I didn't bother with it during the last few Beta's, but now that I'm playing for keeps, it seems like a good idea to take the precaution.

Guys help me understand how these classes work. I didn't get to spend much time in last phase. But I'm wanting to play a melee DPS class like wow warrior or ret pally. Someone told me I should play gladiator but I was just reading a getting started for ARR and gladiator is listed as tank? Was I given bad info?

jiggle

Guys help me understand how these classes work. I didn't get to spend much time in last phase. But I'm wanting to play a melee DPS class like wow warrior or ret pally. Someone told me I should play gladiator but I was just reading a getting started for ARR and gladiator is listed as tank? Was I given bad info?
Gladiator & marauder are tanks

dramatis

OK, so monk and dragoon are the melee DPS and to get one or the other you have a certain lvl amount of 2 different classes?
To use Monk job you need lvl 30 pug and lvl 15 lancer, to use Dragoon you need the reverse (30 lancer, 15 pug). Don't know if there will be any changes in the final games though.

Khrno

BTW, how exactly do I go about getting that little, FFXIV confirmation code program set up on my smart phone? I didn't bother with it during the last few Beta's, but now that I'm playing for keeps, it seems like a good idea to take the precaution.

You must be talking about this: http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/otp/token.html

then couldn't ppl just cancel their preorder after?
but then again maybe they can require an additional registration

You still need the registration code from the game to play past the early access time.

The early access code will just allow people to play for a short while, not just the 2-3 days of the early access but a bit more, I would say up to a week, since they have said that to prevent people from stopping to playing the game due to slow deliveries and what not, the game wouldn't stop working right on the 27th and you can add the registration code that comes with the game a few days later.

Also the client for phase 4 and release should be the same, why have 2 different clients in such a short time frame? The only difference will probably be that for launch (early access) we'll need to get an update to change any beta reference on the splash title screen and maybe add whatever was left out or blocked during the beta. Also last minute patches, etc.

Khrno

Here is an official weird video by the FINALFANTASYXIV Youtube channel:

Before Meteor Official Soundtrack Extended Preview

That closing shot with Wada makes it even weirder.

sRTR17V.png

1.0 players are getting 2 weeks free at launch, right? Not including open beta or early access. If so, is it ALL 1.0 players or just Legacy players?

Dvide

Banned
Wow, just upgraded from a Geforce GT 220 to a GTX 660. From a score (with every set to low or off) of 3900'ish to a whopping 7500 with everything set to max. I am SO ready for this!

WolvenOne

Wow, just upgraded from a Geforce GT 220 to a GTX 660. From a score (with every set to low or off) of 3900'ish to a whopping 7500 with everything set to max. I am SO ready for this!

Really funny actually, how I'm beating out the scores of some people running 660's, but losing to other people running 500 series cards. The games kinda funny this way. XD

Dvide

Banned
Really funny actually, how I'm beating out the scores of some people running 660's, but losing to other people running 500 series cards. The games kinda funny this way. XD

Nice, what card do you own?

I do have a Overclock App with it by the way. MSI Afterburner. Haven't looked in to it yet.

Khrno

I don't know man, there is a big gap between the 660 and the 660Ti for example, and we don't what Dvide's other specs are, and if he was coming from a 220 his system must have some years already. You are quite versed on this topic so you should know well that it's not all about the GPU.

Khrno

I wonder what the ratio of PC to PS3 players will be

Wouldn't be surprised if as far as new sales go the PS3 version has way higher sales than the PC. But about the amount of players then I'm not too sure, there were around 660k 1.0 shipped units, and on top of that you have to count the people that made accounts with buddy passes. So there amount of PC players can be quite high.

I hope there isn't a way to tell.

There would definitely be discrimination.

I know what you mean, but it's not about seeing someone in-game and know if it's on PC or PS3, but a breakdown of sales or subscriptions based on platforms, that would be very interesting to see, and I hope they report them on their next financial report.

Dvide

Banned
I don't know man, there is a big gap between the 660 and the 660Ti for example, and we don't what Dvide's other specs are, and if he was coming from a 220 his system must have some years already. You are quite versed on this topic so you should know well that it's not all about the GPU.

I think me having only 4GB RAM should hold back some of the potential. Oh, and I have a Intel i5 750 @ 2.67GHz. Would've worked better if it was i7 I think? Oh, well. I'm happy with the major increase in performance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom