• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Just tanked Sastasha for the first time. It was generally smooth but I had problem keeping hate from the healer. I constantly flashed (lewd) them but sometimes it wasn't enough. I usually shield lob then flash twice and go from there with combos, flashing in between. I will mark next time, loved when a tank did that and why not.. I can do it :p

Anyone know a good automatic marking macro I can use?

Ken

Soooo my video card died with smoke and brimstone so my computer is out of commission atm.

Its being sent into a repair service since its a laptop and i can't replace the video card myself. So if someone can tell my coil group about it, I'd be appreciative! I'll probably get it back in 2 weeks so they should find a replacement tank if they are doing coil this week.

*Looks at Kagari*

I had laptop troubles too today. Not being able fix them yourself (generally) is a pain. :(

The jump in story quest level requirement from level 46 to 50 made me laugh.

Time to grind some dungeons.

Just tanked Sastasha for the first time. It was generally smooth but I had problem keeping hate from the healer. I constantly flashed (lewd) them but sometimes it wasn't enough. I usually shield lob then flash twice and go from there with combos, flashing in between. I will mark next time, loved when a tank did that and why not.. I can do it :p

There's a default marking macro in the options somewhere. I can't remember where exactly though. It should be in the same menu where you can create your own macros.

so guys, is leveling up crafting worth it? or is it a time sink?

And what about leveling up gathering? are they good way to make money? or i guess, gather mats for crafting?

klee123

Why would you level Cul of all things

Food is pretty much a must for crafting especially for the 3 star recipes.

They are also useful for raiding where the extra stats could be beneficial, especially if your base stats are not good enough (eg Accuracy for coil).

Ken

Going to see if this is helpful to anyone: compiling open Coil groups that are part of Ultros GAF on the guildworks site and reposting the list here (since the Coil subforum on the guildworks is only visible to members) every week or two weeks to avoid it coming off as spam.

It's also mainly for players who aren't already in Ultros; I figured it would help if anyone was looking for Coil groups on our server but didn't have a way to check or didn't want to ask.

Open Coil Groups on Ultros as of this post:

Group Name: Manderville Men
Job/Role Openings: SMN (starting in August)
Number of current members: Currently we're 8/8, but we have one member confirmed leaving at the end of July and will have to drop. So we will be 7/8.
Timezone and preferred raid times: Pacific Time, we raid Tues/Thur 9-11pm and Sundays anywhere from 12pm-6pm (depends on group).
Furthest Turn on farm or current progression: We're on T8, but by the time the opening happens we'll most likely be on T9. Our biggest requirement is that you know T7 and be on kite duty. We do the 4 Renaud stack method.
Who to contact on GAF for further information: You can contact me in-game, or on NeoGAF (Mike D).

Would appreciate feedback if anyone finds this helpful or not as I don't want it to come off as spam or annoying.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Hyperbole: The post. The actual game world hasn't been so alive in forever.

Yeah, that's one good thing the hunts did - made people come out of residential areas and Revtoll.
But. It's too bad the game is still largely designed as a lobby.

ON THE OTHER NOTE
Archer is probably my favorite class now.

Yeah, that's one good thing the hunts did - made people come out of residential areas and Revtoll.
But. It's too bad the game is still largely designed as a lobby.

Lobby? When I think lobby, I think of something like PSO2. Besides there are other things to do.

Like fish me up 2 star fish so I can desynth them.

Ken

ibxXxUnOogytsz.png

If the healer is getting aggro then marking is pointless. You need to spread your combo among the different mobs or alternatively do a few flash in between your combos, since the healer is getting aggro from the mobs you and the DPS aren't attacking.

Finished all my books and just got my first scroll. Do all scrolls have the attribute listings (accuracy, crit hit rate, skill speed, etc.)?

In any case, since I'm a Monk, how should I split my attributes between the following: accuracy, crit hit rate, skill speed, determination, parry?

I got some heaven's eye and savage aim/might materia, mostly Type I

reposting for tips

and here's my stats: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/7026063/

plake

Sounds like a plan. I'm currently level 7. Have no fucking clue what I'm doing I'm in the first main city. I won't be on till around midnight pst tho, headed to work :(

You're Tideas right? I saw a lv 7 THM run around Uldah but you wouldn't respond in the FC chat. No keyboard I take it? /Dani

Watcher

You're Tideas right? I saw a lv 7 THM run around Uldah but you wouldn't respond in the FC chat. No keyboard I take it? /Dani

damn i just got home ready to play and the servers are down. no my name is Mars i wouldnt ignore you! hopefully we can play tomorrow

Prototype

I'm guessing they are doing something to hunts : (

Oh, it's been good tho. Got my full Valor set and relic done along with i90 accessories.

WolvenOne

Just going to stock up on my last 18 alexandrite at this point and see what happens.

The materia market ebbs and flows, it probably just hit a large pocket of players nearing Novus completion all at once. So it'll probably die down a bit in a week or so.

Nohar

i80 green gear drops from the 3 new 2.3 dungeons
darklight and green i70s dropped from 2.2 dungeons

you should be fine selling off your darklight sets unless you want to keep them for vanity

looking back i probably should have just sold off only the darklight belts and kept the rest for vanity @_@

Thank you for your answer! :)

As for the maintenance... Well, wait and see if they are indeed doing something to the hunts. I'm not really interested in those in the state they are now, even with the good rewards (there is nothing exciting about waiting for hours for a monster to pop).

plake

damn i just got home ready to play and the servers are down. no my name is Mars i wouldnt ignore you! hopefully we can play tomorrow

Lol no worries, was just curious. Maybe it was Mars then, if all other of my guesses were correct. I remember you were two who joined at the same time but neither would reply^^

And holy shit at S Might IV prices...

Claymore

I havent done any hunts yet so I was wondering if hunts are a better source for myth. Currently I'm working on Animus and I'm only doing the various DR and some Frontlines for my myth.

Do hunts really give more myth in the same timespan?

Prototype

I havent done any hunts yet so I was wondering if hunts are a better source for myth. Currently I'm working on Animus and I'm only doing the various DR and some Frontlines for my myth.

I went from no Valor, no i90 gear at all to fully loaded in 2 days grinding hunts.

edit. But that's not All I did. Ran a few dungeons, got my relic weapon.
Edit. And yesterday I went to work.

Zomba13

When the hunts flow you get a shit load of myth.

IvorB

So I bought my first weathered piece last night. Just a humble evenstar ring but it's a start. That will be my boost for this week which is great because I was still rocking some crappy level 40 ring all this time. And by my calculations if I cap Sol this week I will be able to buy the coat next week if I cap again. Capping is pretty easy now between hunts and roulette so it's all good.

On another note: I find the last boss of Tam Tara (Hard) pretty edgy. It's difficult to kill all those husbands in time. Still I guess that makes it a better boss fight than many that can just be steamrolled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom