• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GAF guild has become a scapegoat of epic proportions

Some guilds even do nasty things and then accuse GAF.
It's sad that GAf has become synonimous to all the nasty things that happens in MMOs in such a short time.

I went on ultros because Gaf was there but i didn't join Gaf because i had plans with enough people to get by and enjoy the game.
My friends and i each in different guilds ( and we party for dongeons and FATES ) are relaying to me the same thing..it's genuinely sad .

Frumix

Suffering From Success
g874Njd.png

These ads man

iammeiam

The worst part of those carry posts is that they never make their prices public. I want to see some carry undercutting going on!

Hasney

With that Guildworks post, even if there is hate on GAF, justified or not, I've still never had a problem in Party Finder because of it, even in hunt groups.

About getting first-timers in the Duty Finder for my first Garuda Main Scenario run. Someone replied and also added this to the end:

I'm fairly new to the Free Company (I've been playing for two months maybe) but everybody's seemed pretty nice so far. Do we have some kind of rep on Ultros? Also, what's "Pulling a GAF", lol.

There's quite a bit of truth in what that user last said in your blog post.

omlet

So many people in all myth gear now; can't tell if it's people gearing up alt classes or what, but last night was the first time I was in a group that almost failed the last Xande DPS check.

i90 isn't gonna help some people. I tried a Turn 5 pug a few nights ago for giggles as healer (have lots of clears already) and all the DPS were i90+ and they couldn't even kill the slow conflags. In i90-100 weapons. With echo buff. Pathetic.

Got my 4th Supra Primary Tool last night, went with Goldsmith. Mastercraft & Fieldcraft III Demimatetia selling for less than 500K on the MB on Ultros.

Besides a sense of completion is +10 Craftsmanship & +5 Control worth 6.5 million a tool? Soon they will be sub 200K and I might just buy the rest of them at that point lol

can you get mastercraft materia from i70 items? i think i'm at 74% desynth chance atm.

GAF is the largest and most powerful FC on Ultros (and 5th in the overall FC rankings), and it's fairly exclusive; to join the FC you have to join the forums. It was inevitable many would come to hate it.

GAF is the FC equivalent of the Garlean Empire.

I think of us as being like the Necromongers

When do we reach the Underverse anyways

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
PS4/PS3/PC players all play in the same world, so yes. Just apply to the guildworks site and follow the instructions.

WolvenOne

You know, it's a shame we can't see official numbers regarding just how much of the user-base primarily logs in on a PS3, vs other platforms. These numbers would be interesting in it's own right, and would probably give us a good indicator of roughly when they'll drop PS3 support. Basically, if the PS3 user numbers are already low, then I wouldn't expect them to maintain support past the first expansion and it's subsequent patches.

orion434

can you get mastercraft materia from i70 items? i think i'm at 74% desynth chance atm.

Out of all the desynthesizing I've done to get to dlv 100.00 with Goldsmith I only received a Mastercraft Demimateria from the Artisan Spectacles. This also includes ilv 90 gear as well... I must have desynthed at least 50 pieces of ilv 90 gear and no Mastercraft.

I am going to desynth the Artisan Needle later in the week to see what it gives.

Out of all the desynthesizing I've done to get to dlv 100.00 with Goldsmith I only received a Mastercraft Demimateria from the Artisan Spectacles. This also includes ilv 90 gear as well... I must have desynthed at least 50 pieces of ilv 90 gear and no Mastercraft.

I am going to desynth the Artisan Needle later in the week to see what it gives.

ok. i've been doing wolf items. 4 battlecraft III at the moment. wish i could get master that way.

WolvenOne

So, I'm wondering how they're going to handle Crafted Armor in 2.4, if they indeed raise the ilvl cap by 20 again. Do you think they'll skip ilvl100 crafted gear entirely in favor of 110?

iammeiam

Inspired By True CT2 Events: Is there a way to tell you're about to steal hate in a multi-party raid, if the main tank isn't in your party?

I'm pretty good about restraining myself at the start of a fight, and keeping an eye on the hate meters in single-party content, but how the hell am I supposed to know that at 5% health remaining Xande's going to peel off the (still alive) MT in another party and make a break for my face? I know there's the green/orange/yellow/red indicators, but usually by the end of a fight sitting in yellow isn't a problem.

studyguy

Inspired By True CT2 Events: Is there a way to tell you're about to steal hate in a multi-party raid, if the main tank isn't in your party?

You'll know when you hit the ground. Don't feel bad about it, just do your best and if you end up pulling hate, just hope your DF healer is there or another tank is paying attention.

WolvenOne

So, since hitting 50 I've had my bonus stats set to +30 Vit almost constantly. However, now that I'm 10K+ HP with the party buff, I'm considering re-speccing and splitting that 15/15 VIT-STR. My logic here is that, with defiance on I likely have enough HP to survive anything, and with 15 additional strength I'll not only be able to grab aggro more effectively, but will be able to take down enemies slightly faster to boot.

Basically, while Vit seemed vitally important early on, now it feels like spreading that stat around may be the better deal. Does this make sense at all, or am I spouting nonsense again?

I'm pretty good about restraining myself at the start of a fight, and keeping an eye on the hate meters in single-party content, but how the hell am I supposed to know that at 5% health remaining Xande's going to peel off the (still alive) MT in another party and make a break for my face? I know there's the green/orange/yellow/red indicators, but usually by the end of a fight sitting in yellow isn't a problem.

it has something to do with the red arrow/outline in the alliance hud icon. Not too sure as to what it exactly means though

studyguy

it has something to do with the red arrow/outline in the alliance hud icon. Not too sure as to what it exactly means though

The 2.3 patch made it so whoever has hate outside your alliance on the current target has their bar outlined in red. It's still not ideal. The best you can do is see if say... a healer has hate and go WELP HAVE FUN WITH THAT and move on to the next target.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So, since hitting 50 I've had my bonus stats set to +30 Vit almost constantly. However, now that I'm 10K+ HP with the party buff, I'm considering re-speccing and splitting that 15/15 VIT-STR. My logic here is that, with defiance on I likely have enough HP to survive anything, and with 15 additional strength I'll not only be able to grab aggro more effectively, but will be able to take down enemies slightly faster to boot.

Basically, while Vit seemed vitally important early on, now it feels like spreading that stat around may be the better deal. Does this make sense at all, or am I spouting nonsense again?

Just wait until you take 4K auto-attacks in T9.

orion434

sounds like a pain in the arse to make. guess i'm going to be patient!

If they make a consistent way to create Fieldcraft III Demimateria you could collect 10x Fieldcraft III then Craft the 5x upgraded versions of the trade-ins, ie Reinforced Spruce Plywood, then just Desynth the tool for 3x Mastercraft and be good to go. Granted you can only reach dlv 100.00 in 3 crafts so GSM / BSM / ARM would cover you for the 8 tools.

Come to think of it, Armorer desynths both Alchemy + Culinarian Primary Artisan Tools... could make for a good Mastercraft Factory :)

iammeiam

You'll know when you hit the ground. Don't feel bad about it, just do your best and if you end up pulling hate, just hope your DF healer is there or another tank is paying attention.

Thanks; nobody really commented on it, but it felt awkward to watch Xande haul ass out of the LB3 target area to come try to beat me to death.

Azrael

I've been stuck on Moogle Mog Extreme for days now. I've gotten to the final countdown many times, but the King is never killed fast enough. With DF groups it takes almost the whole hour to teach the other players things like interrupt Holy and Flare and the healers to remove Bemoogled and by the time everyone finally has it down the hour is over.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I've been stuck on Moogle Mog Extreme for days now. I've gotten to the final countdown many times, but the King is never killed fast enough. With DF groups it takes almost the whole hour to teach the other players things like interrupt Holy and Flare and the healers to remove Bemoogled and by the time everyone finally has it down the hour is over.

Are you guys saving LB3 for the end?

Try asking in the FC for help, put up a party finder, or do a combination of the two. Moogle Mog Extreme can be a tough fight with PUGs.

Jayhawk

So, I'm wondering how they're going to handle Crafted Armor in 2.4, if they indeed raise the ilvl cap by 20 again. Do you think they'll skip ilvl100 crafted gear entirely in favor of 110?

Well, ilvl80 crafted armor doesn't exist so they'll likely skip i100 crafted armor.

Prototype

I'm wanting to level a few other jobs, but it's been awhile since I leveled anything. What are the fastest ways these days? When I was playing last it was fate grinding.

Looking to level whm, drg, and brd.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I would be very interested in this! Unlocked the T1-T5 coils last month but haven't even attempted to try them yet. Would be fun to go through it with other peeps in the same situation. In-game character: Sydney Madison

Alright, I created a Linkshell. Will send you an invite to join then :)

If anyone else wants to join a noob static group for Ultros let me know.

(damn can't invite you Sydney. Is that the correct name? Maybe send me a tell. Lord Relix)

Looking for a second coil-ready Dragoon on Ultros for my static. We have T6/7 on farm and are working on 8. If you are interested, send me a message on Guildwork.
We run from 9 to midnight GMT (4 to 7 EST) on Tuesday and Friday, sometimes other days.

Looking for a second coil-ready Dragoon on Ultros for my static. We have T6/7 on farm and are working on 8. If you are interested, send me a message on Guildwork.
We run from 9 to midnight GMT (4 to 7 EST) on Tuesday and Friday, sometimes other days.

What is this hate toward MNK power?

Alright, I created a Linkshell. Will send you an invite to join then :)

If anyone else wants to join a noob static group for Ultros let me know.

(damn can't invite you Sydney. Is that the correct name? Maybe send me a tell. Lord Relix)

Maybe I have to be online? I'm currently at work. Won't be getting on till 9pm PST tonight.

I would have a likely candidate for you but I don't think his available hours would work for you guys

The empire is for weaklings, ascians are the real deal.

I don't know how many people caught this particular plot point as the story of 2.0 was a bit rushed but [SPOILARZ]
it's clear that Gaius was just being used as a pawn for the Ascians to activate the Ultima Weapon and it's clear he didn't realize it until it was far too late to change his mind about it. It's likely that the Ascians were going to using Ultima Weapon to absorb the power of all the Primals as their goal was to resurrect Zodiark and I guess that requires a lot of aetheric energy.

Ken

you should post that in my guildworks thread so it looks like it has activity :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom