• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

G4 Announces Nominees for X-Play Best of 2011 Awards. Skyward Sword am cry.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Character customization and amount of content was far superior in SR2. SR3 is pretty much all tutorial until the last 15 missions or so. Also the story (not really a highpoint of the series though), characters and gangs are inferior to the previous Saints Rows. SR3 may have the edge in content one day when you take into account the billion DLCs they have planned.

I also didn't care for the character upgrade system they used in the game. Maybe it's just me but I loved unlocking things as a reward for doing activities and missions. And the rewards could mostly be unlocked in whatever order you chose. Maybe some people didn't like dual wielding automatic pistols with infinite ammo early on in SR2, but I sure as hell did.

SR3 does do some things better than the previous games. But taken as a whole, it's an inferior sequel.

Just when I was about to run out and snag SR3, I'm suddenly left wondering if I should wait for a GoTY edition. DLC packs? :/

As someone that -never- enjoyed my multiple attempts at playing SR1, I'm still altogether hesitant with giving the series another shot. The insanity sounds great, but given how quickly 'god' mode is activated in SR3 via skill perks(according to Bombcast)...I'm just not sure if there is even a 'game' to enjoy? Or just a wacky funhouse full of stupid to just laugh alongside with.

Just when I was about to run out and snag SR3, I'm suddenly left wondering if I should wait for a GoTY edition. DLC packs? :/

As someone that -never- enjoyed my multiple attempts at playing SR1, I'm still altogether hesitant with giving the series another shot. The insanity sounds great, but given how quickly 'god' mode is activated in SR3 via skill perks(according to Bombcast)...I'm just not sure if there is even a 'game' to enjoy? Or just a wacky funhouse full of stupid to just laugh alongside with.

Well for this I will say that the game does a good job of handling character upgrades if you're not into going overpowered too quickly. I liked it better in SR2, but here you're allowed to upgrade how you want depending on your level of respect.

Beware the DLC though. There's already 3 up on xbox live and they're all bullshit. One is for fucking cheat codes. The other two are for outfits, one of which is the pimp outfit that should have been in the game to begin with.

Still, I'd go with SR2 if you want to give the series another shot. It has many things that SR3 doesn't and it's a lot cheaper. And it actually has a FREE dlc pack. Sure it doesn't add much to game, but it's free.

There is no shortage of stuff to buy in Saints Row so you don't have to buy the no damage perks. I wasn't even a high enough level when I completed 75% of the game to buy any of the no damage perks.

Game is fine. Game is GREAT, even. Don't worry about the 'God Mode' issue. By the time you are a high enough level to even get the infinite ammo, no damage from x ability, etc, you are pretty much done with the game. I had them for like... 1, maybe 2 missions? And it made you feel like a boss. Yeah, fuck you bro, I'm THAT much the shit.

Game is also complete without any DLC. I did all the activities, all the missions, none of the saintsbook and clocked in just under 20 hours.

Worth it.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Come on now, Dominion in League of Legends is not innovation. It's the same thing as Arathi Basin in World of Warcraft, and any other territories gametype that came before it.

Top Bottom