• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hie

HiResDes said:
Dude have you heard Longterm Mentality, please tell me someone else has?

...Oh yeah this was dope, this was when Ab-Soul was kind of weak though

Yes on both parts. This part surprised the hell out of me and I went back...I 'got it' a little more, because I liked Lamar better at the time(or still do. hey) I was expecting 2 to be a bit better after this though.

edit - shit I kind of liked Jay's verse here, actually.

Double D

Man, I was kinda skeptical about Goblin. Now, after hearing the title track, I feel like I've been masterfully trolled. Like, in a good way. I'm impressed.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
SUPREME1 said:
So, I'll go ahead and assume that everyone in GAF-HOP has heard of DJ Quik. If so, skip to below the line for the goods. If not, and would like to learn a little about him, here you go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_Quik

What Wiki does not mention is that Quik is a pioneer of rap music and coined the term banging on wax. Here is probably his most notable diss track (aimed at MC Eiht) for reference:

Dollaz + Sense

On his just recently released album, he disses
his sister!

Anyway, forgive the hook (big mistake Quik) and focus on his flame:

Ghetto Rendezvous

Check out his newly released album Book of David

I bought Book of David yesterday off Amazon. I am really digging most of the tracks. I was pleasantly surprised. Quick hasn't missed a step. I also bought the Beastie Boys in a buzzed mistake. I didn't even listen to the previews, just bought it because that Crown Royal Black had my mind. Listening to it sober and it is just like the past few albums. Alternative sounds with a breakbeat. The Nas song is the best one, but the rest is not my cup of tea at all.

In a moment of experimentation I got the T-Pain mixtape today. I will check it out tonight. The part I have heard so far is a bit different than old stuff without alot of autotune.

kamspy

she's a boppin bitch, she's a boppin bitch, she's a boppin bitch, she's a boppin bitch

SALUTE PINKO

EDIT: I can't believe Tyler really did it.

enzo_gt said:
wat.

Okay now I'm CERTAIN his funky image is throwing me off here. This dude can literally flow over any beat, kinda been paying attention on the side features he's done.
there are a lot of tracks I could recommend, but I'll start with his first album and his best album..get Anghellic

simply put, its in my top 10 of all time, probably my top 5..granted its about 12 years old at this point. Tech kills any feature he does, like Busta, but unlike Busta his albums are usually very diverse and a good listen from start to finish. I don't really talk about Tech here too often because it's not really a lot of posters here style, even less so then XV, but aside from 2 of his collab albums (Sickology and Ollie Gates..god dont listen to Ollie Gates) he consistently puts out great albums

overcast

Hmm I missed a lot here. I love J. Cole, but that disgusting song blows. I don't think it's on the album at all though. while I'm talking about cole, Lol at wale being better than him.

That Lil B clinton song fucking really blows. I don't get it.
Nice mixtape roundup again Hi Res.

overcast said:
Hmm I missed a lot here. I love J. Cole, but that disgusting song blows. I don't think it's on the album at all though. .

It's not, he specifically said it's a B-Side track.

Album is gonna be a classic, have mucho faith in J. Cole

overcast

RBelong2Us said:
It's not, he specifically said it's a B-Side track.

Album is gonna be a classic, have mucho faith in J. Cole
Right there with you on the anticipation for coles album.

Nice Slug/Aesop song was posted a few pages back as well.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
ReconYoda said:
I dont find humor in bad music...

Once again, I'm with ya.
But the Lil B fanclub will throw their keyboards at us if we keep pointing out how awful his music is.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
siddx said:
Once again, I'm with ya.
But the Lil B fanclub will throw their keyboards at us if we keep pointing out how awful his music is.
No I am an adult. And adults do not throw such things at children. We will however throw our CRT monitors at you >=[

edit:
~SWAG

Tokubetsu

siddx said:
Once again, I'm with ya.

Not gonna throw keyboards man. Just gonna send some love and based energy your way. You have a good spirit.

LOZLINK

3 songs into goblins, and two of them are unnecessarily long. Tyler needs to stop listening to kanye

The song with frank ocean is boring as fuck. Beat sucks.
Nightmares is fucking awesome.

so in years past Tech N9ne has been on either Paid Dues or Rock the Bells, but this year he is doing his own festival

Jade Presents announces Independents Day Fest featuring Tech N9ne, Andre Nickatina, Kottonmouth Kings, Murs, Doomtree, P.O.S., Blueprint, Dessa, Sims, Glasses Malone, Prof, Classified, Jay Rock, Fashawn, Mayday, Kidz in the Hall, Hopsin, Stevie Stone, Raider Dave, Cryptic Wisdom, and many more. The festival will take place JULY 3-4 at the Lewis & Clark Fairgrounds in Helena, MT. Don’t miss out this Independence Day.

Tokubetsu

GodfatherX said:
so in years past Tech N9ne has been on either Paid Dues or Rock the Bells, but this year he is doing his own festival
Hopefully it's a success. More rap festivals, indepdent or otherwise, can only be a good thing.

kamspy said:
I just heard the new j.cole single. Shit is embarrassing.

I couldn't have called it any harder.

I really don't know what dude was thinking when he made/released that.

Goblin is 50/50

Half of it is good-great other half is *YeShrug*

kamspy

I can't figure out why GAF doesn't like tity.

That first verse is classic. "What I really know bout a girl that drive a honda?"

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
overcast said:
Idk I can listen to better humor hip hop. Such as Das Racist.

Speaking of...

Lonely Island comes out next week. As much as Bun B props them up, I am surprised he isn't on the album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom