• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game characters who gain a level in sexy

Lara Croft seems to be the inverse, going from hypersexualized caricature of a woman in the Core Design games to something much closer to an actual human being in the Crystal Dynamics games (though it could be argued that they were trying to aim at the moe crowd with the 2013 reboot).

DJIzana

How? All they changed from the PSX to PSP version were cutscenes and extra content, the character designs didn't change afaik.

As I said... it's not just their character design but the way they are presented. Not only that but they added voice work with the cutscenes too. Really good voice work at that... which helps add to it. (For Agrias, that is.)

CivilizationV-2010-09-24-21-36-25-00.jpg
She looks like a stupid Disney princess, not a country leader. Firaxis fucked up.

Mesoian

General progressions of these female examples:

Okay --> Trashy --> Male Fantasy --> Fetishism

Character designers need to learn how actual fashion works.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
As I said... it's not just their character design but the way they are presented. Not only that but they added voice work with the cutscenes too. Really good voice work at that... which helps add to it. (For Agrias, that is.)
Sorry, you're still very much missing the point. I suggest you actually read the content of the OP. ^^

Rikku (FFX) vs Rikku (FFX-2)
rikku.jpg

AvFXoVG.jpg

DJIzana

Sorry, you're still very much missing the point. I suggest you actually read the content of the OP. ^^

Rikku (FFX) vs Rikku (FFX-2)
rikku.jpg

20rmuza.jpg

I'll edit my post but yeah... doesn't help that the topic title is misleading either. Doesn't help when I have limited time to view at work haha.

Alucrid

Banned
Kaidan Alenko

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100117113838/masseffect/images/1/19/Kaidan_Character_Box.png[img]

-to-

[img]http://deadliestfictionalwarrior.wikispaces.com/file/view/Kaidan_ME3_Character_Shot.png/311482268/258x251/Kaidan_ME3_Character_Shot.png[img]

Yum![/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, who is this?

Jawmuncher

Shahdee from POP: WW has compelling arguments

e339824a0e821c2a1802e8d8f448397f.jpg

Even playing WW as a 13 year old.
I always wondered why the hell she had no damn clothes on. Especially in the situations such as being on a ship that is in the middle of a storm. That pretty bad since I never really analyze that stuff.

Spazznid

Why not make the Character's visual development throughout sequels?

i98dlMs4wr1sH.png

iOfxAR5kHHzVQ.png

And if her mother, Azian, is anything to go by, she'll look even better later on.

Alyx Vance

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Surprised nobody's mentioned Yuna FFX to Yuna FFX-2. And on that note, Rikku's transformation as well.
I haven't touched that abomination (nor any FF game after FF8 really, barf), but from what I gather, FFX-2 is basically the entire cast dressed up for beach volleyball... :D

Duster

Little King's Story went from a sweet kids fantasy style on the Wii to a teenage fantasy on the Vita.

Awwwww
s35646wii22.jpg

2yyr30x.jpg

44540432.jpg

Awkward
newlittlekingsstoryscre.jpg

newlittlekingsstoryprin.jpg

newlittlekingsstoryscre.jpg

giggas

Really? I'm gonna be the first to say Samus?

Samus has actually gotten more covered since the Zero suit became her defacto out of suit clothing. In the first game she wore nothing but a bikini out of her suit (with the best ending). Now she's fully clothed.

I didn't play any RE this generation but I wonder why Capcpom thought they have to make Chris look like something out of Jersey Shore. Could anyone with deeper knowledge on this explain?

Samus has actually gotten more covered since the Zero suit became her defacto out of suit clothing. In the first game she wore nothing but a bikini out of her suit (with the best ending). Now she's fully clothed.

She also was muscular and athletic in her Super Metroid sprite artwork, but by the time she got the Zero Suit it had devolved into the average hypersexualized video game woman physique.

Doczu

I didn't play any RE this generation but I wonder why Capcpom thought they have to make Chris look like something out of Jersey Shore. Could anyone with deeper knowledge on this explain?

Maybe because they wanted to join the bro/dude/macho type which is the leading art design for (nearly) all games in the last 8 years?

SmithnCo

Probably to make him look more 'badass.' The story justification is he got ripped to STOP DEM BIOWEAPONS.

I couldn't imagine my career being the guy that models boobs for a living. Like, what do you tell your wife, kids, and family you do at work?

"I design boobs on virtual women."

Spazznid

I couldn't imagine my career being the guy that models boobs for a living. Like, what do you tell your wife, kids, and family you do at work?

"I design boobs on virtual women."

If I was designing boobs and ass for Capcom, I'd wear that title with the utmost pride.

Also, they are ruining every aspect that made Kerrigan and Infested Kerrigan awesome. No more Dreads for Human Kerrigan, Infested Kerrigan makes crappy decisions and nowhere near as good of a voice actor, (I love Caprica Six, but she has absolutely no emotional charge)... Sigh. The face is better though, I'll give them that...

So at least there seems to be a story justification for making him look like he does now? No offense to the designers or the people who like his new design it was just something that stood out to me since he was more of skinny character last time I played as him.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
073010_starcraft2_kerrigan--article_image.jpg

m i doin it rite?

She also was muscular and athletic in her Super Metroid sprite artwork, but by the time she got the Zero Suit it had devolved into the average hypersexualized video game woman physique.

SuperMetroid-BestEnding5.jpg

Those thigh muscles rival Chun Li's. It was a disappointment when Samus would don the Zero Suit. I was wondering where all of her muscles went. She's supposed to be an athletic powerhouse capable of extreme physical feats and surviving all kinds of adversity.

giggas

This is true. Retro tried to stick with that look in Prime at least, but I guess Nintendo made them sex her up once the Zero suit became the standard look.

Top Bottom