• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game characters who gain a level in sexy

Mileena form Mortal Kombat

MK2-16--article_image.jpg

To (over time)

-animepaper.net-picture-standard-video-games-mortal-kombat-mk9-mileena-199949-fnatt-preview-d89df407-1-.jpg

CronoShot

Ubisoft thought Rayman players wanted some T&A in their cartoony platformer.

And who doesn't!

Anyway, Lightning. Didn't level up in sexy, but leveled up in weird fetish outfit type things. Attempted level up in sexy I suppose.

In XIII she was somewhat normally dressed (sans the mini-skirt), but now in LR? It's just fucked up. Serah from XIII to XIII-2 would be another example.

KevinCow

Banned
On Samus:

Metroid 1-3:

Yeah, you see her in a swimsuit at the end in the best endings, but she's small and pixelated and just standing there. From what you can make out, she seems to have a slim to athletic build.

Metroid Fusion:

Now the ending pictures are much more detailed, and she's posing like a swimsuit model. At least she still has a slim to athletic build.

Metroid Zero Mission:

Enter the Zero Suit. Sure, it's not revealing as much skin as her previous swimsuits, but it's so tight that it could practically just be body paint. I mean look at the third ending. She's contorted into an awkward position just so we can see both her boobs and ass at the same time.

Add to this that she got more exposure outside the suit than any previous game with an entire playable section, and how they [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68HcjHfM8xc]advertised the game in Japan with ass shots.[/url]

Smash Bros. Brawl:

Bigger and rounder boobs and ass, and again note the awkward pose just so we can see both of them.

Other M:

Even bigger and rounder. I'd no longer call her slim or athletic. More petite (because unless every guy she meets is 8 feet tall, she also seems to have shrunk a few feet) and busty.

Plus the unnecessary beauty mark. Plus high heels. Plus cutscenes that constantly look for an excuse to show her in here zero suit. Hey, suddenly her suit disappears when she gets hurt in cutscenes!

TL;DR: She showed more skin before the zero suit, sure, but she's been getting progressively curvier since then, and they've also been showing her outside of the suit more and more.

Edit: Er... The shrinking picture by quoting it thing doesn't seem to be working. Huh. Or it is working, but it isn't shrinking it enough? Oh well. Sorry about the gigantic picture.

majik13

I think the weird part was her drastic cup size upgrade from 3 -----> 4. Kinda made things hard to take seriously.

yeah I think they went a little over board with it, obviously. The thing that got me, even more, is how or why they made her gap toothed?
2372371-cortana_tooth.png

original.jpg

Burbank_

Not only that but I think Nintendo officially (or unofficially) made her a whole foot shorter since the Zero Suit design.

What I still can't get past is this:

Yeah, after Prime 1 they did this kind of cartoonisation from Retro's original more toned down version. For some reason. In terms of attractiveness it kind of backfired.

Samus_3D_endings.jpg

Zero_Suit_Samus_SSBB2.jpg

Mesoian

In a way, yeah. I can't think of many mainline series that don't give the girls a sex appeal boost with each new game. Fighters are the worse for it by far imho.

But even then, some of the examples given are stupid scummy.

Nice "slut" t-shirt upgrade timespliters...I didn't even remember that.

NinjaBoiX

(regarding Cortana) yeah I think they went a little over board with it, obviously. The thing that got me, even more, is how or why they made her gap toothed?
Flaws are humanising. It helps with the effect.

As for "how", I'm not really sure I understand the question.

Cat Party

This kind of stuff is so embarrassing to me. I'm glad we're talking about it more and more. It's been a peeve of mine for a long time. JRPGs and fighting games are the worst offenders to me, but this thread reminds me that it extends to all sorts of games and characters.

I don't really agree about Anya. Yeah they gave her new hair and slightly better skin, but that's hardly an egregious example.

The thing about Cortana is that she has always been a naked blue lady. The difference in Halo 4 is that now she actually looks like a naked blue lady, bust and hips included.

On one hand I liked that Other M's got rid of the Samus's individualized boob pockets on the Zero Suit and toned down the length and thickness of her hair (I mean, that is supposed to fit underneath her helmet, right?), but on the other hand, those stupid fucking heels. Are you really trying to tell me that she's wearing those enormous wedges underneath the Power Suit? Give me a break. Ugh.

G-Fex

man fuck new chris. REmake Chris was perfect. But noooooo they had to screw him up in 5 like they screwed up Jill.

Jill didn't mean to wear that outfit in 3, it was more of she got caught in a explosion and had to leave before she could prepare her escape from Raccoon city. It's not like the movie where she intentionally wears it to go out.

And yes her STARS outfit will always be the best one. Fuck that BSAA Crap

LiK

It's not just Mileena. Every female fighter from the Mortal Kombat series has been ridiculously sexualized in recent games. Just look at Sonya Blade:
xJdf2Ni.jpg

That vest barely holds her breasts. And she's wearing that during a mission.

Haha, her top was so ridiculous.

Him trying way too hard is what I couldn't stand about the guy. He's like the game industry equivalent of Howie Mandel..

He may be trying hard, but he looks better. Back at the launch of Xbox he looked ill, like he had some condition or something. Maybe the hipster look was the wrong direction, but at least he got himself look healthy.

Mr_Zombie

And yes her STARS outfit will always be the best one. Fuck that BSAA Crap

No. Her BSAA costume, along with the cap, is way better. At least she doesn't have those ridiculous shoulder pads. And I love her STARS outfit.

KJGnjoA.jpg

Him trying way too hard is what I couldn't stand about the guy. He's like the game industry equivalent of Howie Mandel..

Maybe he was trying way too hard, but man, the change was really good. The "hipster" Allard looks way younger and sexier.

On Samus:

Metroid 1-3:

Yeah, you see her in a swimsuit at the end in the best endings, but she's small and pixelated and just standing there. From what you can make out, she seems to have a slim to athletic build.

Are we looking at the same thing? Her boobs are about the size of her head.

Muffdraul

Very literal example. After completing her endgame subquest she literally levels up (big stat boosts) and transforms from a little kid to a mature hottie. Difference is more stark between her in-game sprites though...

KJQgQHd.jpg

It's not just Mileena. Every female fighter from the Mortal Kombat series has been ridiculously sexualized in recent games. Just look at Sonya Blade:
xJdf2Ni.jpg

That vest barely holds her breasts. And she's wearing that during a mission.
Yeah, but what better game to do this than Mortal Kombat, right?

lmpaler

Triss Merigold changed a lot from The Witcher 1 to 2, but she was fairly sexy in the first one. They made her more likeable, I guess? Also, this:

triss-cover-headerkxz3.jpg

Really how can you top that?! CDPR even used it in their description when they were hiring. Something like "If you don't like that one of our characters are in Playboy because was a fucking awesome...suck it"

Lol, I would have said that anyways

Haha, her top was so ridiculous.

Never understood the logic of that outfit. High heels, tight pants, and a combat vest with a giant space right above the vitals open to attack. No undershirt whatsoever.

Perfect thing for a spec ops operative to wear.

Whats funny about Mk9 is damn near every female cast member is half nude, while most of the men are fully dressed and covered.

Top Bottom