• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games like Playstation 1 "Overboard" ?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I feel like most of the people that played Overboard! played it on the PS1 demo discs and very few people actually owned the game. It was fun though.

Sid Meier's Pirates! jumps to mind. They even both have exclamation points in the name.

Stuart360

Man i remember this game!.
I dont think there is anything too similar on PC, but there is Sid Meier's Pirates, which is amazing imo, and you can pick it up for peanuts these days.

stranno

Demo One gives a wrong impression of the game, since it is an exclusive level (not present in the final game). But the final game was more about the mazes and the light puzzles than the shooting itself.

If you like the shooting part, then Pirate Hell is probably the closest thing i've played so far.

If you like something exactly like Overboard ... i havent seen any. Except Overboard! of course, there was a PC port back in the day and its perfectly playable nowdays. You can even run it at high resolution and 60FPS (not recommended in some levels, since framerate is tied to a bunch of things).

BTW: There was going to be an Overboard! remake for Project Spark.

2016-12-25_18-56-27.jpg

Last edited:
Corsairs might fit the bill, though I remember it being a lot less arcade and more simulation/strategy in comparison to the OP's game (which I've never played. maybe my impressions are wrong):

EDIT: if you are searching for something that matches the gameplay but doesn't have to be pirate-themed, my first thought when I watched your video was Thunder Force II. Opening gates, reaching new areas, blasting towers, shooting other ships, navigating through a maze-like area, etc

Last edited:

Airola

I found this but the reviews suck;

I swear I've seen many games on Steam while browsing games that have made me think "this reminds me of Overboard on PS1", but of course I don't remember the names of any of them. I think Windward might've been one of them, but I'm pretty sure there were at least a few more like that.

azz0r

Banned
Demo One gives a wrong impression of the game, since it is an exclusive level (not present in the final game). But the final game was more about the mazes and the light puzzles than the shooting itself.

If you like the shooting part, then Pirate Hell is probably the closest thing i've played so far.

If you like something exactly like Overboard ... i havent seen any. Except Overboard! of course, there was a PC port back in the day and its perfectly playable nowdays. You can even run it at high resolution and 60FPS (not recommended in some levels, since framerate is tied to a bunch of things).

BTW: There was going to be an Overboard! remake for Project Spark.

2016-12-25_18-56-27.jpg

Perfect Thank you!

Top Bottom