• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrust Indie Steelbooks (Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, etc) are $9.99 @ Gamestop

Amir0x

Banned
steelbook-spread-5-1024x374.png

If you're a physical collector like me, this is a pretty badass deal. All are physical PC releases.

Each one comes with:

An exclusive SteelBook case
Full-color instruction manual
DRM-free game disc
Soundtrack CD
Mini art print with Steam key

But just a chance to own Axiom Verge in this form for $9.99 is more than worth it.

Games for $9.99:

Nuclear Throne
Rogue Legacy
Axiom Verge
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
Punch Club
Jotun: Valhalla Edition
Awesomenauts
Chariot
Stories: The Path of Destinies
Thomas Was Alone

Click here for purchase

These are apparently very limited run so might be worth something some day. *shrug*

I got Axiom Verge and Rogue Legacy. Love steelbooks.

I'm still salty that I've exchanged Axiom Verge three times from GameStop and it said the codes were used every time.

Same thing here.

I wasn't really drawn to any of these steelbooks (the art itself is fine but most just look like the standard art pieces seen everywhere), but since I love a few of these games and enjoyed most of them I was happy to buy a few.

The codes didn't work for two of them (and I didn't/couldn't test all of them since I owned most already on multiple platforms), and though GS was nice enough exchanging them the first time, I got accused of stealing them the second time around. Not a big loss, of course, but what kind of moron would steal codes for games that regularly go on sale for spare change?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
It's that easy for people to generate Steam keys?

Actually I can guess what happened...when you request keys from Steam, you specify the seller your using or use a default listing like Retail Distribution. So let's say I request 10k keys for Retail Dist.

Now if I want to do another run of 10k, I should request it the same way right? But that actually gives me 10k keys that are duplicates of the last 10k I asked for...what I need to do is ask for 20k and delete the first 10k, or request it from a different listing altogether.

It confused the heck out of me the first time I did key distribution. Really strange method and very easy to distribute dupe keys if you're not careful.

I want to get a physical copy of Axiom Verge, but Gamestop shipping prices making the total cost be almost double of what the game currently is right now, I don't think so?

Lemstar

remember when the developer of Axiom Verge didn't want to do a deal with LRG because they wouldn't make the print run big enough

remember when he didn't want to put his game on sale as to not devalue it

prices at GameStop that end in $.97 are clearance prices

Same thing here.

I wasn't really drawn to any of these steelbooks (the art itself is fine but most just look like the standard art pieces seen everywhere), but since I love a few of these games and enjoyed most of them I was happy to buy a few.

The codes didn't work for two of them (and I didn't/couldn't test all of them since I owned most already on multiple platforms), and though GS was nice enough exchanging them the first time, I got accused of stealing them the second time around. Not a big loss, of course, but what kind of moron would steal codes for games that regularly go on sale for spare change?
I'm sadly happy that I'm not the only one who had that issue.

I was planning to stop and pick up Axiom Verge, but now I'm not sure. I definitely want it in my Steam library if I get it on PC. I'll just end up losing the game disc some day if I don't.
It goes on sale on Steam fairly regularly, and from what I hear it's a fantastic game.

v0rtikal

I'm definitely picking up the physical PS4 copy of Axiom Verge when it comes out, just like I did with Shovel Knight... these current old school games are the best.

neonglow

I'm still salty that I've exchanged Axiom Verge three times from GameStop and it said the codes were used every time.

Copies of Axiom Verge, Nuclear Throne and Rogue Legacy will have invalid or blank codes. There's production issues with them where the supplied codes meant for promotional purposes were mixed into the retail batch.

Luke_Wal

I know it's been clarified countless times that these come with a physical disk, but I'm confused by the fact that it also comes with a Steam key. If my PC doesn't have a drive, can I use just the Steam key?
Sorry, this is my first time buying a physical PC game - just got my computer this week.

robotrock

Banned
I know it's been clarified countless times that these come with a physical disk, but I'm confused by the fact that it also comes with a Steam key. If my PC doesn't have a drive, can I use just the Steam key?
Sorry, this is my first time buying a physical PC game - just got my computer this week.

Yes

Lucent

I believe the disc will just install it directly. The steam code will add it to your library and then you can download it.

Miker

Yeah, just plug it into Steam.

Copies of Axiom Verge, Nuclear Throne and Rogue Legacy will have invalid or blank codes. There's production issues with them where the supplied codes meant for promotional purposes were mixed into the retail batch.

I figure there was an issue like that, but there hasn't been any fixes to it has there? I'd still really like to play Axiom Verge at some point.

Lijik

hope these are still available when i get paid at the end of the weekend, i keep meaning to pick up axiom verge and jotun.

If I'm near one of the Gamestops this weekend that has Axiom Verge I'll nab it. I have the game on PS4 already but having a Steam copy (maybe!) and the soundtrack with a steelbook are pretty nice for $10.

Also I'll open it right then and there and redeem the code to see if it works. If it doesn't, ehhhhhhhhhhh I'll probably still just keep it since the game isn't the most important part for me. Sucks people have gotten duped codes already though.

MaDKaT

Wow, that is awesome. Very tempting but none of my PC's have a disc drive.

Already have the games on Steam. Just love steelbooks.

Luke_Wal

I just placed an in store pickup order for Axiom (they called me immediately to ask when I would pick it up, which was weird). What is the course of action if I get a duplicate code? Is it worth checking it in store?

Velikost

lmao what? 3 of the best titles have invalid Steam codes?

I bought Axiom Verge a couple days ago, but if there's no way to get a valid Steam code that shit might be going back

If I'm near one of the Gamestops this weekend that has Axiom Verge I'll nab it. I have the game on PS4 already but having a Steam copy (maybe!) and the soundtrack with a steelbook are pretty nice for $10.

Also I'll open it right then and there and redeem the code to see if it works. If it doesn't, ehhhhhhhhhhh I'll probably still just keep it since the game isn't the most important part for me. Sucks people have gotten duped codes already though.

How will you redeem it in the store? Don't you need the Steam desktop client to do that?

Top Bottom