• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrust Indie Steelbooks (Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, etc) are $9.99 @ Gamestop

I wish EBGames got these games :/, I don't wanna order anything from Gamestop again because I got stuck with a $13 charge when the UPS guy brought the package to my front door.

EBGames still exists? I thought they WERE gamestop now @_@

Yea Gamestop owns EBGames, but for some reason EBGames only gets SOME of the exclusive games Gamestop sells. Like we got Has Been Heroes and Deformers, but we didn't get any of these PC physical releases.

neonglow

I figure there was an issue like that, but there hasn't been any fixes to it has there? I'd still really like to play Axiom Verge at some point.

lmao what? 3 of the best titles have invalid Steam codes?

I bought Axiom Verge a couple days ago, but if there's no way to get a valid Steam code that shit might be going back

Indiebox gave replacement codes to Gamestop support. You're suppose to contact Gamestop customer service and they should provide you with a working code. However, this can be daunting since the wait time on the phone can be over an hour and you have to hope you get a rep that understands the issue.

I bought Axiom Verge at release and I contacted the developer directly to skip the GS headache and got a working code.

Amir0x

Banned
Indiebox gave replacement codes to Gamestop support. You're suppose to contact Gamestop customer service and they should provide you with a working code. However, this can be daunting since the wait time on the phone can be over an hour and you have to hope you get a rep that understands the issue.

I bought Axiom Verge at release and I contacted the developer directly to skip the GS headache and got a working code.

Good to know. I already own Axiom Verge so I was going to give my code away. I just wanted this awesome fucking thing on my shelf, as it's in my top 100 games of all time.

Wulfric

So there's a risk of someone already having used the code? I'm not sure that's worth the hassle for a $5 savings over digital. Plus driving to the store and all that jazz.

Anyways, how is Stories: Path of Destiny? Is it turn based or more of a platformer? It's hard to tell from the trailer.

neonglow

So there's a risk of someone already having used the code? I'm not sure that's worth the hassle for a $5 savings over digital. Plus driving to the store and all that jazz.

Anyways, how is Stories: Path of Destiny? Is it turn based or more of a platformer? It's hard to tell from the trailer.

Axiom Verge looks like a 100% chance of getting an invalid code. I haven't heard of anyone getting a working code. You can also add Awesomenauts/Rogue Legacy to the list as you can see some copies have a blank code. Some copies also have missing manuals.

uCyD63T.jpg

You can read up on Indiebox's explanation here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/theindiebo...elbooks_youve_got_questions_weve_got/dbj14k5/

Overall, this product just had poor QA.

Luke_Wal

Very impressed at the availability of these things. The very small GameStop near me had the two I wanted (Nuclear Throne and Axiom Verge). Almost bought Rogue Legacy and Thomas Was Alone, too, but I decided to restrain myself since I have both on PS4.

Amir0x

Banned
Axiom Verge looks like a 100% chance of getting an invalid code. I haven't heard of anyone getting a working code. You can also add Awesomenauts/Rogue Legacy to the list as you can see some copies have a blank code. Some copies also have missing manuals.

Overall, this product just had poor QA.

Axiom Verge is 100% invalid code!?

Damn I really am just paying to have a nice box on my shelf I guess. But I'll call them and see if they can send me a working code anyhow. And then give the code away, just because damn it I paid for it!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is the soundtrack on its own CD, or is it just a bunch of MP3s on the DVD that is used to install the game?

jetsetrez

This is probably the coolest thing GameStop has ever done. Those are great prices, too. If I still collected physical products and had money to spend, I'd pick up Rogue Legacy. Also they have Owlboy in these? Is that code guaranteed to work? I might check that out if so, since I don't have the game and want it anyway.

AxiomVerge

Neo Member
For anyone with a duplicate Axiom Verge code, just send a text and pic of it to press "at" axiomverge com and Dan or I will send you a good one.

The duplicate codes came from the 1st run of Axiom Verge IndieBoxes; they accidentally sent them out twice, thinking they were new codes, but it only happened to Axiom Verge. I think it's maybe 40% of them.

The missing manual is some other problem with the printer and can happen to other games, too.

McCHitman

Banned
In it for Rogue Legacy and Guacamelee.

I put some hours into Axiom Verge and man that game just started to bore me to death. I really enjoyed it at first, but something about it just turned into a slough.

Is there a way to buy these in Canada?

Paypal is requesting a US shipping address and I wouldn't mind purchasing Rogue Legacy an Axiom Verge.

CD'S BAR

The combat is fun - it is not turn based, but it has the most insufferable amount of dialogue and load times I can recall ever experiencing in a game. I wanted to finish it when it was a ps+ title but just deleted it. Would not recommend.

Amir0x

Banned
For anyone with a duplicate Axiom Verge code, just send a text and pic of it to press "at" axiomverge com and Dan or I will send you a good one.

The duplicate codes came from the 1st run of Axiom Verge IndieBoxes; they accidentally sent them out twice, thinking they were new codes, but it only happened to Axiom Verge. I think it's maybe 40% of them.

The missing manual is some other problem with the printer and can happen to other games, too.

Yeaaah! Will do!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

I had no idea you actually posted here. Have to take this opportunity to thank and congratulate you for Axiom Verge. How you were able to do every aspect of the game yourself never ceases to amaze me. I loved Axiom Verge but it was always in the back of my head that one guy made everything, including the godlike soundtrack.

You seriously can't get enough praise.

Dan-Adelman

Neo Member

Came here to say this, but Tom beat me to it!

So yeah, it's been pretty frustrating that our customers are having to deal with this. FWIW, it wasn't Tom's or my fault. We sent them everything they asked for, but there were several unfortunate mishaps that happened downstream...

But definitely reach out to us! We'll get you taken care of!

So yeah, it's been pretty frustrating that our customers are having to deal with this. FWIW, it wasn't Tom's or my fault. We sent them everything they asked for, but there were several unfortunate mishaps that happened downstream...

Awesome! didnt have the PC version so I picked this up last night, sent you folks the email earlier today! Thanks for diving into this and fixing it.

You guys are the best

Gestault

I tried two different copies of Axiom Verge, and unfortunately, neither code worked. Bummed. Still deciding if I want to keep it anyway, but one of the machines I was planning to play it on doesn't have the disc drive.

It was strange, the first message said specifically that the code had been redeemed on another account (and even allowed me to send a recovery message to that address), and the second gave a scary-sounding "you need to contact Steam customer support regarding this redemption code." Interestingly enough, Steam support is pretty hard to track down for that issue, as the site directs you to a page saying they (effectively) provide no support for retail codes.

Edit: Just saw the message from the Axiom Verge people, that's awesome!

You guys may already know this, but all of these titles are on clearance right now at gamestop for $5. I grabbed 7 of them even though I already own some of them on steam. Couldn't pass up those steelbooks!

You guys may already know this, but all of these titles are on clearance right now at gamestop for $5. I grabbed 7 of them even though I already own some of them on steam. Couldn't pass up those steelbooks!

I got Axiom Verge from my local GameStop two weeks ago at the clearance price. All time low for that game if I'm not mistaken.

Top Bottom