• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 - SDCC Panel Report - Actual Lancer Special Edition

Baker

Banned
Man, I'm on the checkout page and I don't know if I can pull the trigger (ha pun!).

With the LE and Prime overnight shipping, the damn gun almost costs $90.

Baker

Banned
Oh, double screw that. The game comes out on a Friday (the 7th) and overnight shipping Amazon won't show up until the 12th.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yeah, the deal is official now - that is a crazy deal that'll no doubt only be available in the U.S. since it's Amazon's doing, not Epic's or Microsoft's - damn...

I can't see how you wouldn't wanna jump on this if you're a huge fan, especially since you get the LE for just 10 bucks more...

Captain Jebus said:
2706331350_eb433cc680.jpg

This one is made by NECA, and from a few things I overheard, this is what will be bundled with the Amazon 'Cat helmet' edition :p
I'm not the type of person to go collecting things, but damn that's nice.

Costanza

Banned
CliffyB said:
Yes it's life sized.
Cliffy, can you tell us roughly how limited this thing is gonna be? I just want to make sure it's not another cat helmet situation where Amazon can't even give the thing away.

MechDX

I would guess pretty limited. The H3 helmet was carried by everyone even Walmart who usually doesnt do this sort of promotion. This is Amazon only.

Aladuf

Banned
Iced_Eagle said:
How heavy is this bad boy? I'm just worried that it's just going to be really light due to the plastic it's made out of I assume.
This is what I'd like to know too. Either way though, I've got my order and I'm keeping it.

Kydd BlaZe

bumpkin said:
Who the hell is he? I want Kevin Reipl to do it again. The first soundtrack was amazing.
The soundtrack needs a facelift, IMO. Didn't really fit the dark/graphic nature of the game. From what I've heard of the new soundtrack thus far (head a snippet in a gameplay montage posted a couple months ago), it sounds like it's headed in the right direction.

I'm not to sure about this Lancer just yet. I'm a hardcore Gears fan, but I just don't think I can part with $140 for that thing =(

Arnie

Now that your presence in this thread has been confirmed Cliff, can you maybe elaborate on whether this product will be distributed anywhere outside of amazon.com, say maybe amazon.co.uk. Or will Europeans be shafted. I am a crazy gears fanboy, have been since 2005 when you first showed that petrol station level, and i am interested in only the best gears items. I would happily buy this bundle. Please Cliff make it happen.

newsguy

So I bought this thing last night. We are going to need to find different ways to use these things. I was thinking that making it the centerpiece of my living room would serve many purposes. Having friends over would cause laughs, maybe some "badass" comments, and mostly "you fucking nerd" talks. Also, walking with it to get the mail sounds like fun. A buddy suggested I hold the mail in one hand, and wave at the neighbors with the lancer, like a simple lift of the hand, except it's an assault rifle/chainsaw staring the geriatric woman in the face. In bed you could tease the lady friends with it. Say she's all hot and heavy, so you go to the closet where you keep her toys, and walk out with the lancer. Hopefully the look on her face says "OMG get that aways from me." If the look she gives you says "Rev it up and put it in me" dump her or marry her, depending on your personality.

They showed it off on Gametrailer TV just now. It is 12 pounds and has a motor or something in it to shake around and make a chainsaw noise.

Aladuf

Banned
Linkzg said:
They showed it off on Gametrailer TV just now. It is 12 pounds and has a motor or something in it to shake around and make a chainsaw noise.
FUCK!!! I MISSED THAT?! I need that to be on gametrailers.com asap. But I'm glad to hear it's not hollow plastic. 12 pounds is a nice size.

Kusagari

I had to order it. Just too fucking badass. Assuming it stays Amazon only too, it might actually be something limited for once. I'd lol if in a year we see lancers on Ebay for 500 bucks or something.

Aren't replica guns pretty much banned in most of Europe now? I think there's very little chance of it turning up over here.

Blargh so after fighting with myself, I cancelled the order... I really don't have a good place for it, which is a crying shame, and I decided to use that extra cash to get some other games instead (Banjo!)

12lbs though is actually a really nice weight. Not bad Amazon... Not bad. Don't you dare tempt me to reorder it :(

GameGamer

Linkzg said:

From Amazon:

* Trigger Activates Motorized "Chainsaw" Sound and Vibration Feature
* Side Handle Folds In & Out and Slides Back & Forth
* Removable Clip
* Created from the actual 3D data used in the Gears of War 2 videogame