• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 3 Premiere Trailer: "Ashes to Ashes"

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
1080P GAMERSYDE MIRROR !!

GAMETRAILERS HD GAMETRAILERS HD GAMETRAILERS HD

Game information from Rob Ferguson at Epic Games

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=723963

Campaign Information
Features

* Rod confirmed 4 Player Co-Op in the Gears IRC, with 4 unique characters. Rod confirmed that co-op includes Marcus, Dom, Cole, Baird and a "variety of other characters"

Story

* Set 18 months after Gears of War 2, and after the fourth Gears of War book
* The location shown in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer is a location nicknamed 'Char', where the remains of victims from the Hammer of Dawn strikes are heavily present.

Weapons

* The Pendulum Lancer is in Gears of War 3
* A Double Barrelled Shotgun was spotted in the Ashes to Ashes trailer. Lee Perry expands:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Perry
FWIW, that weapon didn't exist until several hundred pages of the shotgun mechanic thread. That doesn't really give much away, considering the VAST amount of conflicting opinions in that thread; but the opinions in that thread definitely helped shape the weapon.

Haha, I wonder if we could have made a trailer with basically a slow camera pan down a new shotgun and had about the same amount of interest from existing players, hahha.

Characters

* Dom is now heavily bearded. According to Rod, this is due to his problems dealing with the loss of his wife.
* Anya is the female COG soldier seen in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer. We will learn more on her transition from pencil pusher to soldier throughout the books.

Enemies

* Lambent Locust: These enemies mutate and transform as you fight them.

Some shitty grabs from the youtube HD version.

2d6rw3q.jpg

2q36trq.jpg

15hokkp.jpg

fkwf91.jpg

2mi5frb.jpg

2ce4s9i.jpg

f557jq.jpg

205bm0j.jpg

35k0okw.jpg

126662s.jpg

264njug.jpg

5v94cx.jpg

2e39v1i.jpg

2f09ddy.jpg

The campaigns for these games have always been memorable. Can't wait to see how it ends. Hopefully it does end once and for all.

Enojado said:
Is that Marcus' father???

You mean Dom with a beard?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
UltimaPooh said:
The campaigns for these games have always been memorable. Can't wait to see how it ends. Hopefully it does end once and for all.
While the "trilogy plot" will end, I think you can pretty much be guaranteed we will keep getting Gears of War games for the foreseeable future.

Seems Dom hasn't been shaving for a while...wonder why he is the only one who actually looks different, GeOW2 focused on him a lot, maybe on the sequel it'll be the same?

Nirolak said:
While the "trilogy plot" will end, I think you can pretty much be guaranteed we will keep getting Gears of War games for the foreseeable future.

Ugh. Just let it go out with a bang. It's not like Cliffy can't make a compelling new IP that will sell buttloads.

White Sharingan said:
Seems Dom hasn't been shaving for a while...wonder why he is the only one who actually looks different, GeOW2 focused on him a lot, maybe on the sequel it'll be the same?

His wife died in his arms? in the middle of a battlefield over the future of the planet. I know I wouldn't care about shaving anymore.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Teaser was completely underwhelming, as expected. :lol I'm hoping there's a live demo of the game during MS's E3 conference.

chandoog said:
Kinda looks like Anya

All I see is a JRPG protagonist.

Enojado said:
Yeah, you're probably right :( (still holding out we'll meet Marcus' father, though).

You probably will, but he's not a soldier, he's a scientist so he's probably not buff like the rest of the dude bros.

skyfinch

So I'm guessing that they're not following the plot from the books? Unless it starts off right after the ending of Jacinto's Remnant.

Zophar

This place has been awash with UE3 hair jokes for like a week now and this comes out and all you can focus on is the beards :lol

Top Bottom