• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 THE BRODEO) 05/07/2008

Woo-Fu

Banned
EnjoyIncubus said:
I'm confused as to why the PC section on 1up is split into two different pages (PC and GFW) when they are essentially the same thing. You guys should sort that out and just combine the two into one central PC hub.

They are not the same thing.

Is every GFW title a PC game? Yes.
Is every PC game a GFW title? No.

Think of it as the THX branding for games, only slightly more useful.

Woo-Fu

Banned
EnjoyIncubus said:
You pretty much failed to see my point completely. We aren't talking about the GFW brand of PC games here.

Then they need to find a new name, don't they?

...and they might want to ditch the Microsoft GFW branding from the website as well if you want to maintain that GFW is not GFW. :)

dejan

I hope you guys did spend some more time with Age of Conan. Wollan got me interested, but I'm still on the fence.

FartOfWar said:
sword.gif

?

probune

Banzaiaap said:
Wow. Just wow.

By the way, FartofWar, you're one of the GFW guys right?

I only know of Jeff Green and Skip being here, but who are you? :lol Don't get me wrong, but It's hard to keep up. I've only been listening for like a half year or so..

He's Shawn.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nah Max Chill is way better than Robert Ashley/Bobito (even though I like Bobito). Kinda wish he woulda been fourth chair instead. :/ (no offense).

Correct answer is:

Max Chill>>Bobito/Robert Ashley.

Not that I want to get into ranking wars. :lol

randomwab

AstroLad said:
Nah Max Chill is way better than Robert Ashley/Bobito (even though I like Bobito). Kinda wish he woulda been fourth chair instead. :/ (no offense).

Correct answer is:

Mah brain, it hurts.

Doytch

AstroLad said:

Correct answer is:

Wait, Max Chill Ace Attorney, or Dr. Maximum Chill?

jacobs34

Now look here 1 Up, I'm a patient man, that's what being a stringer for girls high school soccer games for over a year will do to you, but I've have to ask...

GFW Radio,

Where the fuck's the podcast,

yo yo

iplay5150

You guys should have been around the old 1UP Show/Radio forum back in the John/Luke days. This one 1UP Yours was running abnormally late and we started role playing our own podcast... it was, in Shawn's words, feeeeeeeeeecal.... :lol

Then it was up and Skip was all like "Note to self... get these things out as soon as possible".
He was kinda creeped out by us, as we were with ourselves. Wonder if he remembers that incident?

iplay5150

You guys should have been around the old 1UP Show/Radio forum back in the John/Luke days. This one 1UP Yours was running abnormally late and we started role playing our own 1UP Yours podcast while we waited... it was, in Shawn's words, feeeeeeeeeecal.... :lol

Then it was up and Skip was all like "Note to self... get these things out as soon as possible".
He was kinda creeped out by us, as we were with ourselves. Wonder if he remembers that incident?

Ehhhhhhh. WTF? Sorry for the double post, guys.

FartOfWar

Banned
Today's show is, in many ways, a nod to people who listened a year ago and longer. Back when we seriously chaffed at 1UPY's better visibility and 1UP promotion, the handicaps we faced based on name recognition, misconceptions about the show's content and accessibility to non-PC diehards, etc.

jacobs34

FartOfWar said:
Today's show is, in many ways, a nod to people who listened a year ago and longer. Back when we seriously chaffed at 1UPY's better visibility and 1UP promotion, the handicaps we faced based on name recognition, misconceptions about the show's content and accessibility to non-PC diehards, etc.

This makes the wait worth it.

FartOfWar said:
Well, that's certainly not a bad thing for 'newcomers' like me. Maybe I don't notice them but hey, I'm having a great time listening to the show!

skip

iplay5150 said:
You guys should have been around the old 1UP Show/Radio forum back in the John/Luke days. This one 1UP Yours was running abnormally late and we started role playing our own 1UP Yours podcast while we waited... it was, in Shawn's words, feeeeeeeeeecal.... :lol

hah, absolutely.

FartOfWar

Banned
Banzaiaap said:
Well, that's certainly not a bad thing for 'newcomers' like me. Maybe I don't notice them but hey, I'm having a great time listening to the show!

No, not at all! I'm just saying that a lot of the spirit and energy reminded me of when we had an axe to grind and meant to grind it by making a good show.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
So I just checked the 1up boards for the first time and Sean posted this 2 hours ago:

Just finished processing and about to send to the great production people in the sky....but it's actually closer to 2.05 hours. But that's still pretty long!

probune

iplay5150 said:
You guys should have been around the old 1UP Show/Radio forum back in the John/Luke days. This one 1UP Yours was running abnormally late and we started role playing our own podcast... it was, in Shawn's words, feeeeeeeeeecal.... :lol

Holy crap, I remember that topic.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I typed in todays date in the url and I'm downloading it.
It's 57.5 megs.

Top Bottom