• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 THE BRODEO) 05/07/2008

Higgy

JeffGreen said:
Media alert: GFW Radio is being recorded today for publication tomorrow!

DO NOT BE ALARMED! DO NOT CRY! DO NOT SEEK SOLACE IN THE ARMS OF YOUR MOTHER!

WE SHALL BE THERE FOR YOU......TOMORROW!

x4nj2a.gif

FartOfWar

Banned
2.5 hour show up tomorrow. Bobito and Anthony guest. It was fun...I think you'll think its one our better shows in a while.

eznark

Banned
The real question is why does Shawn hate the Flying Burrito Brothers so much that he can't even name them in an article where he mentions their album?!?

Gilded Palace of Sin is (in GAF terms) like, the album equivalent of Ocarina of Time.

eznark said:
The real question is why does Shawn hate the Flying Burrito Brothers so much that he can't even name them in an article where he mentions their album?!?

Gilded Palace of Sin is (in GAF terms) like, the album equivalent of Ocarina of Time.

Definitely one of my most dearly loved albums. I have a vinyl copy that is kind of a religious object for me.

eznark

Banned
Robert Ashley said:
Definitely one of my most dearly loved albums. I have a vinyl copy that is kind of a religious object for me.

screw the Byrds, FBB is where Parsons really shined. I took my parents album when I was in like 6th grade or something and my dad flipped out. He let me have a Doobie Brothers album (the sleeve had a big ol' joint on it) as long as I never touched Gilded again. He taped it though and I listened to that thing non-stop for months.

adelante

FartOfWar said:
2.5 hour show up tomorrow. Bobito and Anthony guest. It was fun...I think you'll think its one our better shows in a while.
Can't wait...would've been awesome to see a pre-show video for this episode, u guys shld start doing that :D

fushi said:
http://www.1up.com/media/03/5/4/1/lg/417.JPG[//IMG][/QUOTE]
Wat in the name.....

Is that...blackdragon???

Akia

Tadale said:
Greenspeak was my favorite part of the magazine.

Same here. It was my treat for reading through the whole thing. Not that the magazine was bad or anything. But it was cool that I had something awesome to look forward too at the end.

JoeMartin

JeffGreen said:
Media alert: GFW Radio is being recorded today for publication tomorrow!

DO NOT BE ALARMED! DO NOT CRY! DO NOT SEEK SOLACE IN THE ARMS OF YOUR MOTHER!

WE SHALL BE THERE FOR YOU......TOMORROW!

SCORE. A legitimate reason to not study for my final final.

Archaon

I, Jeff Green, son of Zanville, elder son of the great Gruenapfel clan, who came to these mighty shores over a century ago to plant our seed in this new world, to prosper and grow and make the world safe again for all decent people, would like to read something less fruity in my games now and then, please.
:lol These Green Speak articles are pretty great.

jacobs34

How long does it take to edit a 2.5 hour podcast? It sounds like it would take awhile. I don't mind having some patience on this one.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i had to listen to an old gfw today during my run to fill the void.

my choice? the january 9, 2008 podcast in which level design is discussed, in particular with peggle, portal, and half-life 2. it's the one that has the spoiler discussion at the end about half-life 2: episode 2. such a great episode that it may inspire you to trip the light fantastic with podcast joy.

jacobs34

beelzebozo said:
i had to listen to an old gfw today during my run to fill the void.

my choice? the january 9, 2008 podcast in which level design is discussed, in particular with peggle, portal, and half-life 2. it's the one that has the spoiler discussion at the end about half-life 2: episode 2. such a great episode that it may inspire you to trip the light fantastic with podcast joy.

That was a great podcast, sometimes I go back and listen to some of the old NPD 1 Up Yours podcasts when Luke and Shane would have at it, perhaps the best podcasts in the history of 1 Up. I do have to say though that the overall quality of podcasts on the 1 Up Network have gone up since Skip has taken over, job well done so far.

JoeMartin

FartOfWar said:
In the meantime, please check out this GFW Radio-related feature that just went up: http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3167794

I just caught the BF:H story. Are you guys gonna talk about it at all on the podcast? I'm interested.

Didn't really come off clearly for me in the article, but is the game going to be competitive at all on a skill-based level? Or is it going to be more centered around gearing up and destroying noobs? I'd be cool even with a combination of the two.

DKehoe

JeffGreen said:
Yes. That is the new online home for it.

Good to hear, I never got to read GFW since I'm in the UK but I just read your Girl Talk piece on 1up and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing more.

Hey GWF guys, I posted this on Jeff's blog but I figured I'd maybe get a quicker response here.

I'm confused as to why the PC section on 1up is split into two different pages (PC and GFW) when they are essentially the same thing. You guys should sort that out and just combine the two into one central PC hub.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
JeffGreen said:
Yes. That is the new online home for it.

Just a thought.....

GREENSPEAK as a 1up Network video show. In the vein of Andy Rooney or Wilford Brimley commercials, with Jeff looking into the camera and throwing out hot wit.

Eh?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

Doytch

EMBee99 said:
Just a thought.....

GREENSPEAK as a 1up Network video show. In the vein of Andy Rooney or Wilford Brimley commercials, with Jeff looking into the camera and throwing out hot wit.

Eh?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

That would be too awesome. Suspenders????

Top Bottom