• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 THE BRODEO) 05/07/2008

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Incredible podcast this week. Very interesting GTA IV discussion and Bobito's MK talk was hilarious. There was Grim Fandango love too, so it goes without saying that this is one to remember.

Acid08

Banned
I wasn't really a big fan of the GTAIV talk. Maybe it's just because I'm still really hyped on the game and loving every minute. As far as the Tw@ joke goes, I never saw it as vagina. I saw it as though when you call someone a twat, you're calling them stupid. I always figured that the name was a spoof calling a lot of interent users stupid. I tried the "put a car in front of a path so the guy can't drive off" on one mission and had 3 results. When I put the cars to far in the alley they dissapeared, the second time he was slowed down a bit but I still failed the mission, and the third time he hit the cars and they flew away and he wasn't slowed down. Things like that are weird, but I'm completely smitten with the game and love Niko as a character.

As far as the weird contradictions in his character, I haven't really noticed. This GTA is MUCH more scripted which was done to fix problems with the past games. The missions before were far too frustrating because everything relyed on if there were cars in an intersection or a cop near you or something. A lot of the things I think you were saying sound cool in concept, because they're more like real life, but would they actually be fun in a game?

I loved the podcast after the GTAIV talk, great job!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This podcast was the best podcast I've ever heard in my life.

(this sentence brought to you by GTA Review Irony™)

Seriously, fabulous job today guys. I was so impressed with this that I listened to it twice just to think about everything said a second time.

wt6clw.jpg

jai2k5.jpg

66cew2.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished Book 2 (hardcover editions) of The Walking Dead and I'm really enjoying it. From what I understand in later issues it just keeps going downhill for the characters. Initially I kinda of preferred the first artist over Adlard, but as you go along Adlard is definitely better. Although the first artist does great looking zombies. Give me Walking Dead the game (RPG/Sandbox game), or something like it!

randomwab

Just finished the first volume of The Ultimates 1. Didn't really think much of it. Had some nice ideas and parts, but overall it didn't really grab me like, say, Preacher or The Walking Dead. I imagine I'll still pick up volume 2, if only to finish the arc.

Any other comic recommendations?

Archaon

Y2Kev said:
This podcast was the best podcast I've ever heard in my life.
GFW Radio gives us characters and a world with a level of depth previously unseen in podcasts and elevates its story from a mere conversation to an Oscar-caliber drama. Every facet of GFW's new masterpiece is worthy of applause. Without question, GFW Radio is the best podcast since 1UP Yours.

GFW's magnum opus is a modern-day masterpiece that could change the way the world views podcasts.

You'll quickly come to realize that the nuanced storytelling and presentation is on par with the finest films by directors like Martin Scorcese or Francis Ford Coppola.

It's not a stretch to say that, were this a film, some of the "performances" would be Oscar-worthy.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Archaon said:
GFW Radio gives us characters and a world with a level of depth previously unseen in podcasts and elevates its story from a mere conversation to an Oscar-caliber drama. Every facet of GFW's new masterpiece is worthy of applause. Without question, GFW Radio is the best podcast since 1UP Yours.

GFW's magnum opus is a modern-day masterpiece that could change the way the world views podcasts.

You'll quickly come to realize that the nuanced storytelling and presentation is on par with the finest films by directors like Martin Scorcese or Francis Ford Coppola.

It's not a stretch to say that, were this a film, some of the "performances" would be Oscar-worthy.

This is awesome.

Archaon

Teknopathetic said:
Point deduction for missing compelling and innovative.
Jeff Green's character arc is so compelling that this is one of those rare podcasts that is almost as fun to sit and listen to as it is to discuss on message boards.

The ability to skip to anywhere in the podcast might be the most important innovation of all, as it drastically cuts down on the amount of time you'll have to spend listening to Ryan talk about ridiculous Lost theories.

j/k <3 Lost

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh gooood its sooo hot today, im gonna have a heatstroke
I've been laying around watching house and play REZ, can't wait for GFW.

JeffGreen

97.5: The Brodeo
Media alert: GFW Radio is being recorded today for publication tomorrow!

DO NOT BE ALARMED! DO NOT CRY! DO NOT SEEK SOLACE IN THE ARMS OF YOUR MOTHER!

WE SHALL BE THERE FOR YOU......TOMORROW!

Nizz

JeffGreen said:

Oooohhh nooooo! Caught me completely off guard :(
cid_002201c89a8acca552106501a8c0geo.jpg

JeffGreen said:
It's the fault of all this "pre E3" nonsense.

Or we could just take the usual way out and BLAME RETRONAUTS.

Bullshit! Retronauts was already canned this week.

It must be the work of Sports Anomaly.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Jibber Hack said:
Really, what are our membership dues being spent on?

Someone must get to the bottom of this!

my "membership dues" are the time i spend f5ing this thread to see if a new podcast went up and also the time spent listening (patronizing) the podcast, telling others to listen, and supporting the products advertised on the podcast (e.g., mitchell & ness).

JeffGreen said:

Hey Jeff, did Shane give you guys the bumper sticker?

Ryan, love the Lost talk, but stop saying who the main character will be in upcoming episodes! Just stick to discussing the most previous episode, 'kay? :D

C4Lukins

JeffGreen said:

I am leaving tomorrow morning on a 12 hour drive. The fact that you guys would be so inconsiderate of my travel plans is just beyond words. I hope you all stub your toes repeatedly.

Akia

Jack Scofield said:
Ryan, love the Lost talk, but stop saying who the main character will be in upcoming episodes! Just stick to discussing the most previous episode, 'kay? :D

THANK YOU.

I nearly fell off the treadmill trying to get my earbuds out of my ears when he spoiled that The Shape of Things to Come was a Ben episode.

fallout

JeffGreen said:

WHY COULDN'T YOU GUYS GET THIS ON AP OR SOMETHING SO I WOULD HAVE HEARD IT ON THE RADIO AT WORK

GOD

jacobs34

JeffGreen said:
It's the fault of all this "pre E3" nonsense.

Or we could just take the usual way out and BLAME RETRONAUTS.

Oh you could still blame retronauts, and the rising cost of gas prices, but mostly retronauts.

Top Bottom