• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GoG Summer Sale 2015

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Imperialism 1 + 2 (Love these games, been craving playing them so much. Already put pro 10 hours in over the weekend)

Hell yeah! Those games are amazing - and so underrated. I got them myself last time there was a sale, but Im glad people are picking them up now as well.

Bought 70 games so far this sale.. I hope the Star Wars games and Star Trek games will at least get a 30% discount.

Yeah I think I am getting close to 70 myself - now when can I play all these?

dlauv

I went ahead and got Redline, Bloodrayne 1 & 2, Darkstone (to see if it was better than the child-maligned PSone ver.), and Bloodnet. Tried to get Nox the other day but I had the wrong information; now I'm regretting not getting it.

These games were on Steam, but they don't have cheevos (I care about those), the deals were way too good, and CJPR are, for me, the best guys in the biz right now. Couldn't resist, partially morally.

ShadowOwl

Got myself Door Kickers when it was down to 5 dollars yesterday. Oh my, what a very well executed game.

[...] and CJPR are, for me, the best guys in the biz right now. Couldn't resist, partially morally.
Don't forget that CDP Red aren't the guys behind GOG, they're another team within CDP.

Theonik

So any highlights so far? I was thinking about getting the MoH Warchest but I already have it on CD did the disks work on W7? I don't remember.

The one I'm really interested to see on sale is Pharaoh tbh.

dlauv

Buy games because you want to, not because you think you should.

I would have gotten the games eventually of course. If I didn't want the game, I wouldn't buy it. I just felt it kind of wrong of me to sit and wait until it was on my favored platform when there is logically little reason to for these games and CDP offers all kinds of bonus features, and is related to industry good guys CDPR (whom I mistakenly attributed more credit to than I should have).

Tizoc

Should I get the D&D games' Enhanced Editions? I already have their original versions, but I take it I'd need to mod the heck out of them?

deleted

And Battle Realms as a present O_O

I didn't even know it was available digitally. A much overlooked strategy gem with a nice twist. Sadly the HD steam version is on hold until they find someone who can program the damn thing.

Theonik

I'm surprised there isn't a Star Wars bundle. Wondering if any of them will be discounted on this sale.
A lot of them are new and fairly valuable especially with EP VII coming soon so I guess Disney doesn't want to discount them.
Edit: Fuck I just got bundle scammed. I pad $10-ish but the city budle is 7ish and has an extra game compared to the Pharaoh bundle.

deleted

I'm surprised there isn't a Star Wars bundle. Wondering if any of them will be discounted on this sale.

There are many games that were not on sale - Legacy of Kain, Settlers, the Larry games, just to name a few.

I don't think any of them will be discontinued though.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So I'd like to get Freespace 2 since 1) I've heard it's a good game, and 2) I'd like to own a legitimate copy for the some of the neat mods that are out there for it. It's $4 on its own, but it's $2.50 in the $9 bundle with all the Descent games. Is it worth paying another $5 for all those assorted Descent games rather than just buying Freespace 2 on its own? (I played Descent 1 back in the day, and it was fun, but I have no desire to play it again. Don't know how Descent 2, 3 and Freespace 1 are.)

nomohair

Neo Member
So I'd like to get Freespace 2 since 1) I've heard it's a good game, and 2) I'd like to own a legitimate copy for the some of the neat mods that are out there for it. It's $4 on its own, but it's $2.50 in the $9 bundle with all the Descent games. Is it worth paying another $5 for all those assorted Descent games rather than just buying Freespace 2 on its own? (I played Descent 1 back in the day, and it was fun, but I have no desire to play it again. Don't know how Descent 2, 3 and Freespace 1 are.)

Descent 3 was fun back in the day. Never played the first two. FS1 campaign is included in the Hard Light open FS mod. Hope this helps.

Linkark07

Banned
There are many games that were not on sale - Legacy of Kain, Settlers, the Larry games, just to name a few.

I don't think any of them will be discontinued though.

Shame. I was hoping I could buy Battlegrounds on this sale.

Might buy The Wolf Among Us. Read many good opinions about this game.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Descent 3 was fun back in the day. Never played the first two. FS1 campaign is included in the Hard Light open FS mod. Hope this helps.

Hmm ... so I can basically get Freespace 1 and 2, which are the superior games in the series, for $4? That might make the decision easier.

terrisus

Should I get the D&D games' Enhanced Editions? I already have their original versions, but I take it I'd need to mod the heck out of them?

Yeah, the Enhanced Editions are basically the regular versions with a bunch of mods applied.

So, get them if you don't want to bother with juggling mods.
They're not necessary if you've already taken care of all the mods, though.

Tizoc

Yeah, the Enhanced Editions are basically the regular versions with a bunch of mods applied.

So, get them if you don't want to bother with juggling mods.
They're not necessary if you've already taken care of all the mods, though.

Thanks, i guess I'll get them since the less mods I gotta apply to a game the better and man do the BD games have lots of mods XP

Free Battle Realms? Ok! Thanks gog team!

It seems like the summer sale is getting close to finishing, since everything is repeating... Surely they would keep it going until the weekend, right? People have to get paid so they can buy these things.

autoduelist

Are there any hidden dungeon crawler / drpg gems? I'm especially looking for turn based, though right now I've got Grimrock style ones in my cart (Anvil of Dawn, Lands of Lore 1-3). I've even got Nox in there, which I think is like Diablo. But really, I'm on the lookout for wizardry style games I don't know about.

Already own the most obvious stuff (M&M, Ultima, Bard's Tale, Wizardry)... but that doesn't mean there aren't gems I don't know about.

(Currently playing SanctuaryRPG and -loving- it. While it doesn't have traditional dungeon crawling, what a fantastic and awesomely designed game. [dungeoneering is reduced to just going into combat encounters, and it works well].

Nezzhil

Heroes of Might and Magic II or III ?

II was a great improvement over the first, but III is on the top of the franchise. Great monsters designs (but less colorful than his others), some of the most fun races of all the entries, almost unlimited content and an awesome soundtrack.

MrFortyFive

II was a great improvement over the first, but III is on the top of the franchise. Great monsters designs (but less colorful than his others), some of the most fun races of all the entries, almost unlimited content and an awesome soundtrack.

Seconded.

Are there any hidden dungeon crawler / drpg gems? I'm especially looking for turn based, though right now I've got Grimrock style ones in my cart (Anvil of Dawn, Lands of Lore 1-3). I've even got Nox in there, which I think is like Diablo. But really, I'm on the lookout for wizardry style games I don't know about.

Already own the most obvious stuff (M&M, Ultima, Bard's Tale, Wizardry)... but that doesn't mean there aren't gems I don't know about.

(Currently playing SanctuaryRPG and -loving- it. While it doesn't have traditional dungeon crawling, what a fantastic and awesomely designed game. [dungeoneering is reduced to just going into combat encounters, and it works well].
I think you would like Elminage
$2.50... Crazy deal for a game forged from the roots of Wizardry....

https://www.gog.com/game/elminage_gothic

terrisus

Thanks, i guess I'll get them since the less mods I gotta apply to a game the better and man do the BD games have lots of mods XP

Yeah, there is something to be said for not having to deal with all the mods, and just having that all taken care of.

Tizoc

Despite not being on sale I grabbed the Star Trek games =)
Figured they need a positive sales boost IMO.

Mr Git

Might have to pick up Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption. Still have the boxed copy but GOG is wonderful for actually working.

Oh, I would, but I already own that. Forgot to mention it; but thank you, that's exactly the kind of 'hidden'/'lesser known' game I'm talking about. If anyone else knows of anything, my wallet is waiting. Thanks again!

Other than what you've already mentioned before, Lands of Lore, Anvil, etc, I don't know of any more on gog.

Eye of the Beholder 2 would be cool.
With more Japanese publishers bringing their games to steam and gog maybe we will get more DRPG greatness.

EDIT:
There's the Ishar compilation as well (not on sale currently, but it's inexpensive)
https://www.gog.com/game/ishar_compilation

I want YS VI but I have the others on Steam. I think I am going to wait for a Steam sale since that is suppose to be happening real soon.

Hmm, nice. Picked up The Banner Saga and had to double-dip on Shadowrun and Dragonfall seeing as how my brother started playing on Steam again and I have to get my own Steam account now.

I'm liking GOG Galaxy so far.

Khronico

Is Wasteland 2 worth picking up and playing now or should I wait for the GOTY edition coming out later this summer?

autoduelist

Other than what you've already mentioned before, Lands of Lore, Anvil, etc, I don't know of any more on gog.

Eye of the Beholder 2 would be cool.
With more Japanese publishers bringing their games to steam and gog maybe we will get more DRPG greatness.

EDIT:
There's the Ishar compilation as well (not on sale currently, but it's inexpensive)
https://www.gog.com/game/ishar_compilation

Oh, they have Stonekeep as well, if anyone is looking for realtime Grimrock style crawlers. I beat it back at release and remember liking it, though i'm sure it's dated. Losing into Ishar now...

EdiT -- hmmm.. real time too. I was hoping for turn based. Man, I really wish they'd put the early Wizardys up.

Is Wasteland 2 worth picking up and playing now or should I wait for the GOTY edition coming out later this summer?

I'd say wait. Though, they might raise the price a bit, or they might not. Either way you should wait to play it until they upgrade the game. It's a good game now, but it will be a great game once they get the GOTY enhancements out.

Top Bottom