• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guess the 50 random videogame songs - ROUND 1 (aka guess the TRUE #41)

Tabris

Seriousely, I know for sure track 39 is Phantasy Star IV. If not, give me a clue.

I think 46 is Chrono Trigger. Sounds like Epoch song.

Gigglepoo

Just to clarify - Nintendo game means NES game, right? Or does it mean made by Nintendo? Published? What is it?

I'm guessing Clu Clu Land for #41

Drakken

So it WAS Yoshi's Cookie! I was going to guess that (since you said Yoshi's Island was close), but didn't. Silly me.

mCACGj

No...no...no, I refuse to admit that that...that...that it's from ************ yoshi's cookie?!!? THat sound is somewhere in Paper Mario 1/2, somewhere, it's gotta be!

Ecrofirt

I was about to paste the Nintendo published games list from IGN with #41 in front of all titles. I already had the thing copied, and I checked the thread one last time for good measure before doing it.

Thank you, Yoshi's Cookie man. You saved me from getting banned.

Amir0x

Banned
what the ****

what the ****

Yoshi's Cookie? I stayed up for that? How did I remember that tune? That's the most arbitrary memory ever since I only played that game like once.

**** you music guessing game.

mCACGj said:
No...no...no, I refuse to admit that that...that...that it's from ************ yoshi's cookie?!!? THat sound is somewhere in Paper Mario 1/2, somewhere, it's gotta be!

SERIOUS-****ING-LY

Ecrofirt

Amir0x said:
what the ****

what the ****

Yoshi's Cookie? I stayed up for that? How did I remember that tune? That's the most arbitrary memory ever since I only played that game once.

Ban goodcow!

Drakken

mCACGj said:

Seriously, that sample sounds just like the one in Paper Mario 1.

ant1532

Banned
Lol, you know the best part...?

IVE NEVER PLAYED YOSHIS COOKIE!!!!!!!!!!

wtf lol. Ive heard that before though, i think they used it again in Tetris attack, paper mario, or something for sure.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
that CAN'T be yoshi's cookie!

I never played the ****ing game, but I recognize the ****ing song.

WTF?!

Red Scarlet

Amir0x said:
what the ****

what the ****

Yoshi's Cookie? I stayed up for that? How did I remember that tune? That's the most arbitrary memory ever since I only played that game like once.

:lol :lol :lol I was THIS close! bah

Amir0x

Banned
Seriously, something is up. That track HAD to be sampled in some other popular game then. It ****ing had to be. It is literally impossible that I remembered it from Yoshi's Cookie. I was, what, twelve?

Ashodin

The reason all you people keep saying it's Paper Mario is because it sounds like that part of a paper mario song where it goes back into repeat when it's gotten to the end of it. I know, it sounds like that too. But to be Yoshi's Cookie?? Man! lol

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x said:
what the ****

what the ****

SERIOUS-****ING-LY
Please... please... don't ban me.. I just got off.

what have I done...

Red Scarlet

So the next round will start at 1am eastern on Friday? Maybe I'll get one or think of more names if I'm close (damn I really wanted #41).

Amir0x

Banned
Maxrpg said:
The reason all you people keep saying it's Paper Mario is because it sounds like that part of a paper mario song where it goes back into repeat when it's gotten to the end of it. I know, it sounds like that too. But to be Yoshi's Cookie?? Man! lol

if this is true find the track in Paper Mario where it does this and i can rest easy

Yoshi's Cookie? **** that, no way.

GaimeGuy

Amir0x said:
Seriously, something is up. That track HAD to be sampled in some other popular game then. It ****ing had to be. It is literally impossible that I remembered it from Yoshi's Cookie. I was, what, twelve?
Exactly!

There's no shitting way that that song is from Yoshi's God-Forsaken Cookie

Amir0x

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
Exactly!

There's no shitting way that that song is from Yoshi's God-Forsaken Cookie

I mean I'm not doubting it was FROM Yoshi's Cookie, but some other popular Nintendo game sampled it in the future and that is where we're all remembering it from.

There is a ZERO percent chance I remembered it from Yoshi's Cookie. I played that game for a very short time and when I was much, much too young to remember game music like that.

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x said:
I mean I'm not doubting it was FROM Yoshi's Cookie, but some other popular Nintendo game sampled it in the future and that is where we're all remembering it from.

There is a ZERO percent chance I remembered it from Yoshi's Cookie. I played that game for a very short time and when I was much, much too young to remember game music like that.
Yea, as I said earlier I never even played that game. ( i rented it, but I didnt have a Super Scope at the time)

I'm going to hook up my Snes and play Tetris Attack and see if its in there though

Gigglepoo

ant1532 said:
Yea, as I said earlier I never even played that game. ( i rented it, but I didnt have a Super Scope at the time)

Wait a second... Super Scope? Isn't Yoshi's Cookie that lame puzzle game? The one that doesn't require a light gun?

Drakken

I just went through Paper Mario's soundtrack quickly and didn't hear #41 in it at all. There's a chance I could have missed it, but I don't think so. It's too bad; I thought that might be where we all remembered it from (if it was indeed in another game besides Yoshi's Cookie).

Amir0x

Banned
ok now this is just going to piss me off

if someone figures out where the TRUE gamers heard that shit from, PM me

GaimeGuy

Drakken said:
I just went through Paper Mario's soundtrack quickly and didn't hear #41 in it at all. There's a chance I could have missed it, but I don't think so. It's too bad; I thought that might be where we all remembered it from (if it was indeed in another game besides Yoshi's Cookie).
I went through a soundtrack rip of TTYD, and I didn't find it there, either. :(

Top Bottom