• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guess the 50 random videogame songs - ROUND 2

I know 42 like the back of my hand, it's driving me insane that I can't remember what it's from. :(

I really need to get in on this sooner, I'm sick of showing up once all the easy ones have been taken!

Red Scarlet

BobTheFork said:
question: do we ever get the answers or do they carry over to the next round?

goodcow edited his first post in the round 1 with all the answers in that topic once this round started. He's gonna do the same with this one (but is there a round 3?).

goodcow

Nice, I wake up and lots of the hard ones have been guessed.

I'm especially impressed by bobbyconover knowing obscure stuff like Peter Packrat.

goodcow said:
I'm especially impressed by bobbyconover knowing obscure stuff like Peter Packrat.

It's actually a funny coincidence, but I either own or have once owned every arcade game I've guessed correctly so far - Packrat, Marble Madness, Race Drivin', and Puzzle Bobble 3. There's NO way I would've known that weird Race Drivin' song if I hadn't once owned one. Peter Packrat, on the other hand, has been stuck in my head since 1985, since those catchy tunes used to blare across the neighborhood "Space Port" arcade where I hung out. I'd find myself whistling the Peter Packrat theme song on the way home every time. :)

koam

goodcow said:
Well now, just think of composers that use that kind of music...

The song was made in 1991 so it's probably a game from the early/mid 90s.. i'll figure it out though :)

koam

I did a bit of searching and out of all games to find, i came up with this...

Shark's tale

I don't see how this song can be there but i'll use that as a first guess

koam

Okay i've spent way too much time on google and yahoo trying to figure this out.

The song is: DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince - Dumb Dancin'

My guess is that it was in a dance dance revolution type game or an nba jam like game.

I've done searches with midway, acclaim, activision, ea, xbox.. you know the type you'd associate with music like this but found nothing.

Like I said, Shark Tale on Xbox has a scene where they do the dance from the music video, but according to goodcow, the song isn't used/from there.

Edit: It's actually credited to "fresh prince" and not "will smith"

goodcow

koam said:
Okay i've spent way too much time on google and yahoo trying to figure this out.

The song is: DJ Jazzy Jeff & Will Smith - Dumb Dancin'

My guess is that it was in a dance dance revolution type game or an nba jam like game.

I've done searches with midway, acclaim, activision, ea, xbox.. you know the type you'd associate with music like this but found nothing.

Like I said, Shark Tale on Xbox has a scene where they do the dance from the music video, but according to goodcow, the song isn't used/from there.

It's not cutscene music or anything, it's level music.

And I guess to narrow it down, and cover my ass as maybe it is in a DDR game... the game I'm looking for is NOT a DDR game, or anything dance related.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I figured i'd do one last guess

36. Breath of Fire

goodcow

Alright, I'm off the boards for a while, because from tonight until Sunday I'll be extremely busy.

Round 3 will probably be Monday sometime. I'll also post full answers for round 2 right before, or after round 3 begins, but feel free to keep guessing in the meantime. I think round 3 will be easier.

Markster

Hmm.... I was curious, so I've tallied up the scores so far.
(with 3, 18, 25, 26, 28, 32, 36, 37, 38, 40, and 48 left to go)

6:
Markster (Woo! Heh, I got a few easy early ones. i.e. Sonic 2)
4:
Drakken
Greenpanda
3:
bobby
2:
brandon
Cyan
DeadTrees
omg rite
PuertoRicanJuice
Tony HoTT
1:
Grobda
Harmonica
jammer
Johnny
KurowaSan
Red Scarlet
Suikoguy
thundersabre
Waku
0?:
MightyHedgehog (he hasn't been credited for guessing Final Fight)

Top Bottom