• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guess the 50 random videogame songs - ROUND 1 (aka guess the TRUE #41)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Drakken said:
I just went through Paper Mario's soundtrack quickly and didn't hear #41 in it at all. There's a chance I could have missed it, but I don't think so. It's too bad; I thought that might be where we all remembered it from (if it was indeed in another game besides Yoshi's Cookie).
I went through a soundtrack rip of TTYD, and I didn't find it there, either. :(

Red Scarlet

Oops, someone already guessed Illusion of Gaia.

I'll guess Terranigma for 46!

DAMN YOU Calvin and Hobbes guys!

7 doesn't sound familiar at all. :/

Red Scarlet

This is brand new to me, so it's pretty neat. But I got here way late and the ones I could have guessed were already taken.

Cyan said:
I love these types of threads; we haven't had one in a really long time. We used to have occasional threads with little clips of a title screen or a sprite or some such, where people would have to guess the game. Those were pretty fun too.

I did an RPG world map quiz a few months ago, although it was probably a little too easy and all the answers filled up quickly :)

I actually have a second round ready to go that I just have to upload, but I'll hold off on it for a while, obviously, since goodcow is running the music quiz now :)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Amir0x said:
WHAT THE **** IS #41 REALLY FROM ARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH
I thought it might have been from a mario rpg...

Someone check some soundtrack rips of Partners in Time & Superstar Saga! (I've already figured out that it isn't in either of the Paper Marios and it isn't in Mario RPG, either).

Amir0x

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Mother 3 will be the best game ever. Guy who made it is teh awesome! It will put the fun into the Mother series. Any sequels will be a shadow of Mother 3.

Shigesato Itoi is never returning, never returning...

Amir0x

Banned
listen goodcow i will stab your eye with a fork if you don't manipulate time and space to change the answer to #41 to something that makes logical sense from what i've played

DO IT NOW

Cyan said:
Hey, that's a good one. I only recognized one off the top of my head (Mario & Luigi). Probably the reason it was too easy was that there were only 14 compared to the 50 music clips. Still, that's not a bad number. Nice.

Yeah, good point re: the number ... I'm drawing from a rather limited pool, though :(

Amir0x

Banned
crap i just now listened to #23 and wouldn't you know it that's another ultra familiar one

yeah, pretty much just **** these games

Gigglepoo

#23 - Knights of the Old Republic

I assume it isn't, but since I first listened to it I thought it sounded Star Wars-y. Now you say it's from an RPG. So...

Amir0x

Banned
Red Scarlet said:

do you think i only played Earthbound or something

i have played Earthbound back and forth approximately 50 times. I do it once, maybe twice a year at times! Sometimes I even play it with another person. IT IS NOT FROM THAT GAME DEMON WITCH

OMFG ARGGH IT WAS BRAVE FENCER MUSASHI AFTER ALL

that was the FIRST thing I thought upon hearing it, then I was like, "no wait, no, that's not the BFM theme, it's something else"

I guess "trust your instinct" is right after all :p

goodcow

Alright guys, I'm going to bed. Well, rather a nap, since I have to be up in like four hours.

I'll check for new answers in the morning, though really it seems like game over for this round.

Ecrofirt

goodcow said:
Alright guys, I'm going to bed. Well, rather a nap, since I have to be up in like four hours.

I'll check for new answers in the morning, though really it seems like game over for this round.
What type of game is #7?

I'll be up for hours thinknig about it!

Top Bottom