• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveSpartan235

Neo Member
Can't wait till Tuesday so excited I hope they still have the hunt the crystals that are scattered around the cliffs thing I really liked doing that.

NCSOFT Q1 report was released today.

Ceres

Banned
I hope we get the chance to get the quartz node again. I didn't get all of the achievements last time.

I wish it were an account-wide feature instead of an item. Put it next to the dropdown menu that has "Deposit All Collectables", etc. so you can just double click it there, regardless of character.

That and the airship/royal terrace pass should be account wide. At the very least, its nice that they've stopped soul binding everything so I really could just move everything in the bank to switch characters for a bit. But I usually don't bother.

Retro

That and the airship/royal terrace pass should be account wide. At the very least, its nice that they've stopped soul binding everything so I really could just move everything in the bank to switch characters for a bit. But I usually don't bother.

Yep, same thing; it should be a UI feature at the top of your inventory. I don't even mind having infinite tools remain character-based, since I kind of... um... have different ones for my alts (What!? My Asura engineer has the Watchwork Pick, Golem Harvester and Aetherblade Axe... there's a theme there!).

Is the update this Tuesday?
I haven't played in a while.

Yep, next Tuesday. Still not sure if this is the start of Season 2 or just a sort of prelude to tide us over. We'll see. Either way, yes, update on Tuesday, but it's all previously-seen content (though really really really good previously seen content).

Finally approved for neoGAF, and just in time for the last page! Looking forward to tonight's WvW reset!

Nice, welcome to GAF proper.

Yep, next Tuesday. Still not sure if this is the start of Season 2 or just a sort of prelude to tide us over. We'll see. Either way, yes, update on Tuesday, but it's all previously-seen content (though really really really good previously seen content).
Well, it's new for me :) Good to hear that it's very good.

Complistic

I got a feeling they'd make a bigger deal about the update, like announcing the start of living story season 2 if this was in fact the beginning. Super excited for the update regardless. Will be a great chance to get those exotic celestial armor recipes.

"Did I hear last page?"

SvT5tMy.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Aww yiss last page

Man, I remember the days when you could buy the gems for a new bag slot for less gold than a 20 slot rune.

Edit: First post of the last page. OT3, we knew and loved ye well.

Yeah I miss it too. I was lucky enough to get many character slots by that time lol

Finally approved for neoGAF, and just in time for the last page! Looking forward to tonight's WvW reset!

o_O didnt know you had no gaf account

Shiokazu

one day we will be talking about how people used to play wow and other stuff and say gw2 sucked and the game was dead and how it became the best mmo of the last 8 years and has over 30milion people playing at all time and stuff...

and we're going to look at ourselves and say: but im still yet to get a precursor;

LiveSpartan235

Neo Member

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I read... somewhere I can't remember now that there won't be any story instances or Season 2 plots being started, but that there will be teases and clues about Season 2 scattered in there somehow.

Ceres

Banned
I read... somewhere I can't remember now that there won't be any story instances or Season 2 plots being started, but that there will be teases and clues about Season 2 scattered in there somehow.

It would make sense to just reuse most of the same content but toss in gossiping NPCs to hint and what is coming.

Retro

It's not the begining of LS2 It's just a festival update as bobby stein put it.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...ee-Soesbee-for-Living-Story/first#post4023329

Well, there we go, it's official; This is just something to do while we wait for the Season Two to start. Thanks.

So who's putting up OT4?

I've got it all up and ready to post as soon as we hit 19,950 posts (the last page for 50ppp members and arguably the point at which things need to be wrapped up before the lock). I have to leave in about 3 hours, if we're not there at that point I'll just go ahead and post it so there isn't a repeat of the OT2's tomfuckery.

Zeroth

Well, there we go, it's official; This is just something to do while we wait for the Season Two to start. Thanks.

I've got it all up and ready to post as soon as we hit 19,950 posts (the last page for 50ppp members and arguably the point at which things need to be wrapped up before the lock). I have to leave in about 3 hours, if we're not there at that point I'll just go ahead and post it so there isn't a repeat of the OT2's tomfuckery.

Oh, do tell!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
tekno posted it himself, which made it uneditable by us, and used a troll title mocking bugged events. It was later altered to a much more enjoyable title about quaggans. that's the story! it was a good one I know

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hmmm yeah I dunno, can we just do that? Should we PM a mod or something to let them know to lock this one and just put it up now?

...let's just make 20 posts real quick to get to Retro's magic final page. you can do it people

Retro

Oh, do tell!

Jira was busy creating the OT2 when Teknopathetic decided to do it himself, butchering the OT (saying "it's too full of marketing BS to fit into this post, apparently," which he since deleted but is still preserved here), and giving it a troll thread title (which he admitted was intentional trolling, here). The thread title was since changed, but it originally read "Buy Once, Events Never, Fun Forever." When Jira posted the OT2 he was working on (and thus, hadn't seen the new OT was started), it was subsequently deleted instead of closing down the troll one (which at that point only had 40 posts) or merging them.

Most annoying of all, because Tekno created the OT we were unable to edit the information contained in it, which meant as mumble info changed, new officers were added and old ones removed, none of this could be updated.

Like I said. Tomfuckery.

tekno posted it himself, which made it uneditable by us, and used a troll title mocking bugged events. It was later altered to a much more enjoyable title about quaggans. that's the story! it was a good one I know

The thread title change was about a month before OT3 was started though.

Why not just post the new OT now, surely it's close enough anyway?

I probably could, I just don't want a particular overzealous mod to lock it because we're not close enough to merit a new thread. Given the situation describe above, the less reasons the mods have to lock a thread for BS reasons, the better.

...let's just make 20 posts real quick to get to Retro's magic final page. you can do it people

Nah, no need to do that when you could get banned for post boosting or bumping a thread (even though that MMO hate thread kept getting quadruple-post bumped by Authority). We'll get there.

Retro

I could ask someone to lock.

And/or we just spam the thread with replies

Well, if you know a mod, that'd certainly help things along. I also need to make sure the first and second posts are mine because I want to have a separate second post for Beginners Tips / Returning Players. Maybe mention that too.

Or you guys could wait until it's all posted before you rush in. =)

Oh, and Gaming Side or straight into Community? I notice the FFXIV threads keep going into Gaming Side even though it's been out for more than a month. Hmm.

BraXzy

OT3, I knew ye for but a short amount of time.

Thanks everyone here that has helped me get into the game so far, see you on the other side :)

Thorgal

Well, if you know a mod, that'd certainly help things along. I also need to make sure the first and second posts are mine because I want to have a separate second post for Beginners Tips / Returning Players. Maybe mention that too.

Oh, and Gaming Side or straight into Community? I notice the FFXIV threads keep going into Gaming Side even though it's been out for more than a month. Hmm.

If that where to happen you can ask a mod to switch the two post around making yours go first .

I think for the new thread, I'll also do a bunch of info posts for newcomers that can be referenced to in the future, like one explaining how to meet up with friends if they picked a different starting race than you. A lot of people realize very late that you can, from the instant you exit the tutorial instance, go to any major city to meet up with friends or just do a different starting zone.

Ceres

Banned

totally going to snipe first post. Maybe I should get my first GAF ban and cool story bro it - Quagganified would be awesome.
:p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well that is a lot of stuff i've missed .

Then again , probably allot of stuff yet too come too.

See you guys on the other side !
This was a really interesting post to me, because in looking over that list:

-Halloween, Wintersday, Dragon Bash, the Bazaar, Queen's Jubilee, and the Super Adventure Box (please ;_;) are cyclical, and you'll get to see them all- two of them in like 4 days.
-Twilight Assault, Tequatl Rising, Fractals/Fractured, and Edge of the Mists were fully permanent additions
-The dungeons from Flame & Frost: Retribution and Sky Pirates of Tyira were readded to the game as permanent Fractals, and the Aetherblade base from Sky Pirates was also a permanent addition
-The lingering effects of The Lost Shores/Flame & Frost: Prelude and The Gathering Storm/The Secret of Southsun/Last Stand, Tower of Nightmares/Nightmare Within, and Escape/Battle for Lion's Arch can currently be seen in Southsun Cove, Kessex Hills, and Lion's Arch/Gendarren Fields respectively.

Of the releases featured in that collage, only Cutthroat Politics, Clockwork Chaos, The Origins of Madness, and the other Flame & Frost releases were truly "there and gone, never to return" type deals, and there have even been hints that the Twisted Marionette might return in some form...

Nah, no need to do that when you could get banned for post boosting or bumping a thread (even though that MMO hate thread kept getting quadruple-post bumped by Authority). We'll get there.
I really am not concerned

Are you ready for the Queen's Gauntlet?

Tier 1 opponents:

t9JqPLw.jpg

Tier 2 opponents:

qjrGZ5w.jpg

For those who didn't experience it last year, the Queen's Gauntlet is a series of one-on-one challenges, just you versus a boss with very specific mechanics, inside a small domed arena that others can spectate into.

There are multiple arenas, but even so you'll likely be in a queue as you wait for your turn. Once you defeat an opponent, you go queue again to fight the next one. There are three tiers, and a final boss. It's a lot of fun, and figuring out how to defeat each boss will require you to rethink your build, learn how each boss' mechanics work, and so on.

Retro

Rangers are the best

I like everything except Necromancer, which feels like I just need to find the right build / playstyle for it to win me over. Which is funny because when I started playing I was pretty sure Warrior, Guardian and Engineer were all I'd play. I despise casters in other games (stand back and healbot / dps), dislike pet classes and have a bias against stealth classes because only ganking pricks play them.

Funny how the way GW2 is designed that all of those problems are minimized or even disappear. The only thing that still bugs me is the pet AI, and it's at least passable (which is a cut above most other games).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Of those, the Pirate crew gave me trouble. Those are the scrub tiers though. I look forward to a new ocean of Liadri tears... muahhaha

edit: I usually totally dislike casters as well, Mesmer and Ele were my second and third 80s in this game though :>

Retro

I usually totally dislike casters as well, Mesmer and Ele were my second and third 80s in this game though :>

Yep. For me it went Warrior, Guardian, Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Ranger, Necro. That'd be the order in which they're leveled, but my brother was leveling a thief and my ele was in just the right level range, so she's 80 now while my Mesmer is in the 60s. Ranger is about that level too, while my Necro is only 24.

The biggest thing for me is that they all play fairly uniquely. I don't feel like Necromancer is just "Elementalist with minions" or Guardian is "Warrior with blue spell effects." They really are different enough that your comparison to fighting game characters is pretty much perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom