• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
1g74s vs 6g20s per Superior Rune.

+18 to all stats vs +16 to all stats and +25% movement speed and +10% Boon Duration and Cond duration.

So for pure damage, you'd want Divinity, for damage+utility, Traveler.

Wow. Traveler used to be the cheap alternative to Divinity. What happened?

EDIT: Yeah, in one month, the price dropped from 9g to 1g. Where are all these Divinity runes coming from flooding the market?

dat untoggle-able 25% speed tho

Entirely profession dependent. For a mesmer, traveler, no question; for say an ele or engi, divinity for sure.

ele uses a lot of boons and condi too right?

Zeroth

dat untoggle-able 25% speed tho

A lot? No. Conditions are pretty rare unless you plan to stay on Earth attunement. Boons maybe, but generally you need to build around them as you don't have innate boons such as guardian does.

Eles stack might, fury, and swiftness mostly. (ether through persisting flames or auramancy) I find runes of strength to be best since it helps boost direct damage and condition damage through more might. Eles most apply burning, bleeding, weakness, chill, and blindness condi.

Complistic

Eles stack might, fury, and swiftness mostly. (ether through persisting flames or auramancy) I find runes of strength to be best since it helps boost direct damage and condition damage through more might. Eles most apply burning, bleeding, weakness, chill, and blindness condi.

If you want a cheap alternative to strength runes for pve then get runes of hoelbrak. I believe the only difference is strength runes give you +7% damage while under might and hoelbrak gives you -20% enemy condition duration. Oh and strength runes are like 12 gold a pop and hoelbraks are 3 or 4 gold each.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Unfortunately, just confirmed that I can't make our Saturday Night Fever this weekend. Any officers reading that could volunteer to run the show, please speak up so I know things are handled... otherwise I'm gonna be panic-messaging everybody tomorrow to make sure somebody is available ;)

Chinese exclusive backpiece

ANET PLZ

PLZ ANET

y4usMDO.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Almost! I'm only jumping on here and there and not really focused on power levelling as such, just taking it all in.

My aim for today is to hit 30 or get as close as I can :)
Honestly, the levels are just suggestions. Don't tell ArenaNet but we've taken a level 14 through AC Story before. If you feel like running it tonight, I forget if you're in a compatible timezone for late stuff but I'd be happy to take you. I have something to do right after work, but will be home by 9PM EDT.

edit: And good call by the way, take it slow. Power-leveling is pointless in GW2 on your first character.

BraXzy

Honestly, the levels are just suggestions. Don't tell ArenaNet but we've taken a level 14 through AC Story before. If you feel like running it tonight, I forget if you're in a compatible timezone for late stuff but I'd be happy to take you. I have something to do right after work, but will be home by 9PM EDT.

edit: And good call by the way, take it slow. Power-leveling is pointless in GW2 on your first character.

If you're happy to take me at whatever level I end up at, then by all means :)

Yeah I was going to rush it and then realised part of the experience, at least the first couple of times is the journey there too I guess.

Retro

Mumble is out due to DDOS attack. They are working on a fix for it that will help stop future attacks, and will require a change in our port. So stay tuned for the mumble information to change shortly.

Our problem with Mumble doing down a lot doesn't seem to be that our host is terrible, but because our host is large and used by a lot of people, meaning it's a target for these kind of things more often. Will make updates as time goes on, sorry for the inconvenience.

Mumble is out due to DDOS attack. They are working on a fix for it that will help stop future attacks, and will require a change in our port. So stay tuned for the mumble information to change shortly.

Our problem with Mumble doing down a lot doesn't seem to be that our host is terrible, but because our host is large and used by a lot of people, meaning it's a target for these kind of things more often. Will make updates as time goes on, sorry for the inconvenience.

Remember everyone that GAF has a channel in the SBI teamspeak, just in case things like this happen!

Retro

Remember everyone that GAF has a channel in the SBI teamspeak, just in case things like this happen!

Ah yeah, good reminder. I'll put TS info in the OT when we switch over. I don't think you need to be validated to enter that room, only the WvW channels.

Katoki

Ah yeah, good reminder. I'll put TS info in the OT when we switch over. I don't think you need to be validated to enter that room, only the WvW channels.

Pretty much. The only downside to this is with random people do a drive-by trekking random stuff because the channel is open. I haven't seen this lately though so out may have just been the last TS server. We were on a large server while also being one of the largest active TS on the server.

Fractals last night was pretty epic:

dcYvRQL.jpg

My camera glitched out tonight while doing Arah story, so I got this great view of us firing cheese at Zhaitan.

NHFiVZE.jpg

Retro

New mumble info. Please quote this post or the OT for the details. Our address has not changed but the port has. They are also working on a fix for UDP Traffic (whatever that is) that was giving us some connectivity issues unrelated to the DDOS attacks. Thanks, as always, to Ferny for being on the ball with our server / site needs even though he doesn't play with us much anymore.

mileS

Just want to pop in and thank the GAF guild for being super friendly and helpful. I've played just about every MMO in the past 8 years but there's still a lot to adjust to here with GW2. Which is obviously a good thing. Looking forward to playing more soon.

Ashodin

Of course, I don't have time to take pictures from my image files, I did a net search.

I don't have any screenshots of the Cliffs of my own. (which is crazy to think about!)

Retro

What's happening in 5 days? I get that it's some sort of release that has cool looking ships but that's about it.

Ya know, I was writing up a big description of why the Bazaar is so cool, trying to be a bit less cryptic than Noisy, but I decided to delete it. Half the joy is stepping off that boat, taking a look around and being overwhelmed by how amazing it is. Telling you the details would rob you of experiencing what is easily the best damn zone in Guild Wars 2, if not the entire genre.

It is gorgeous, wildly original, exotic (in contrast to the rest of GW2) and most of all, a playground in which the simple act of getting around is just pure, unadulterated joy. I smile just thinking about all the jumping, dashing and flying around we'll get to do next week. I won't ruin any more of it than that, but I hope I'm on to hear your feedback when you get to experience it for the first time. I know Jira and I spent an entire afternoon just goofing off the first day giggling like maniacs in Mumble.

Retro

There's technically the chance that they'll moor somewhere else in Tyria, right?

Based on the lore, absolutely. The Bazaar shows up anywhere it wants, usually not announcing where until shortly before they arrive. Because they're a black market, they avoid any kind of authority and would probably rarely show up in the same place twice. Lion's Arch, being a city of pirates, just doesn't give a shit, so neither do we as players. The wiki mentions the Vigil, of all groups, trying to shut them down. Why, I have no idea.

Based on the video, however, I doubt it, at least this go-round. They'll reuse the same location as last year (I'm not complaining about this at all, I loved the Labyrinthine Cliffs).

If we ever get a proper zone in that region, I can see the area staying but all of the merchants and Zephyrites leaving. It would then just be a quiet little fishing village built into the cliffs, part of a larger zone that basically makes up the southern-most reaches of the Shiverpeaks.

For what it's worth, that area in GW1 was basically arctic rather than tropical (Witman's Folly was the closest zone to that area). Port Sledge was the adjacent Outpost, which in GW2 is underwater just west of where the Golem Mk II spawns. Global Warming, I guess.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why would Almorra Soulkeeper bother the Bazaar when she has dragons to attend to? Probably Laranthir's plan.

Speaking of inventory . whats the best thing to get more of it ?

I currently have ,including the starter Backpack 4 leather bags but it is not nearly enough space .
You can buy bags on the trade post, craft them, or get them via tokens in fractals. Crafting has the advantage that you get XP and save a little cash. Best deal is to craft an 18 slot leather bag. Note that there are a variety of types. You standard bags. then equipment bags, crafting mat bags, and junk bags where those items always go to that bag first. Then you have invisible bags that hide items so you don't accidentally sell them.

Retro

Post #19899... pretty soon we'll be on our last page (for GAFGold, at least)... What a good OT this was <3

I already have one but....

I wish it were an account-wide feature instead of an item. Put it next to the dropdown menu that has "Deposit All Collectables", etc. so you can just double click it there, regardless of character.

I just traded gold for gems for the first time to buy it. Am I playing the game right yet?

Nope, you need to go out and spend real money on gemcards. Embrace your inner whale.

I currently have ,including the starter Backpack 4 leather bags but it is not nearly enough space .

You can pick up more bags from the TP (the 18 and 20 slotters are overpriced, but the smaller ones aren't too bad), level Tailor, Leatherworker or Armorsmith (they can all make bags, though you'll eat a lot of money buying the runes to craft them), or start doing Fractals (you can get a 20 slot bag for 150 Fractal Relics). You'll also find that they give out 20 slot bags from time to time; it's not something you can rely on, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are Season 2 equivalents to the Ancient Karka Shell Box in the future.

And if you cant craft them, just send me whatever Rune of Holding for the bag size you want, and i'll cover the rest of the mats and send it to you for free =)

I'd say that 18slotters are ideal, but 2g might be a tad steep for new players, so you could probably get by with 15 slotters.

Man, I remember the days when you could buy the gems for a new bag slot for less gold than a 20 slot rune.

Edit: First post of the last page. OT3, we knew and loved ye well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom