• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

watpgk26.gif

That's a new air ship.
The camera specifically sweeps over it and lingers.
There's something very bright and shiny inside.
Someone closes the door very quickly.

Something is in there.

Yeah, that's how I know they can still stand in that pose, it isn't an issue with the rigging or model. Wish they did it more, or there was a /standtall emote :p
]
The charr don't do it because of the flame legions. They see it as posturing that no self respecting charr would consider. (aside from saluting, etc where its part of the movement)

The charr don't do it because of the flame legions. They see it as posturing that no self respecting charr would consider. (aside from saluting, etc where its part of the movement)

I can work with that.

Arenanet Dev continues to explain the lack of information regarding future releases. This time in potato form.

This was the query:

Elrey.5472: Call me crazy, but I do believe some info about the next update, even if it’s just “hey, we’ll give you a potato in 4 weeks” would calm down the people impatience… such is the gw2 community hunger

Here's the dev response:

While we’d love to give you a time and date of when we’re sending out the potato, remember that during the development process we may discover that a baked potato would be even better. So instead of getting the potato of your dreams you end up with something completely unexpected.

It often happens that a mashed potato with gravy is even better still, unfortunately gravy requires more dev time. So we end up shipping a mashed potato without gravy to meet our promise of ship time or we push back the time and date of when we are shipping again and again. You get your mashed potato with gravy but it is delivered much later than it was expected.

Worst of all that is when we realize that potatoes are way too mainstream and that yams are where it’s at now. And I think we all know how reactions seem to go when we ship yams instead of potatoes.

So in a lot of cases the best we can do is tell you that we are still in the kitchen cooking things up, we’re reading your feedback, and that we’re excited to get the meal out to you soon™.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/for...cy-It-was-here-now-its-gone/first#post4019712

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ POTATO OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Are you returning to #GuildWars2 after a break? @RichieProcopio has a new guide to get you all caught up! http://ow.ly/wOsVI ~RB2 #GW2

The vide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oew7usdU53o

Welcome back to another Guild Wars 2 Boomerangs video. This series helps returning players get back up to speed on what they've missed in the game.

This video covers the major changes from September 2013 through April 2014 feature pack.

Ashodin

watpgk26.gif

That's a new air ship.
The camera specifically sweeps over it and lingers.
There's something very bright and shiny inside.
Someone closes the door very quickly.

Something is in there.

Cantha is in there. Imagination and ponies and dreams come true.

Shiokazu

yes YES YES11!!!11 THE WINDS ARE BRINGING THEM BACK!

V6M6U.gif

OH NO! ITS HAPPENING ON DAY 20! same day transistor comes out.

WATCHAIMGONNADOO

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have characters that have never been to the Sanctum, which is kind of cool to think about, but what gets me is all the new people who will be seeing it for the first time. You guys are in for a treat in the Labyrinthine Hills, for rizzle. Remember, with very few exceptions, you can take part in Living World content regardless of what level you are. If you know what to do there it's actually not horrible XP either, though it is primarily a non-combat zone ;)

The Crown Pavilion is fun if you're in the mood to mindlessly kill things, but for those of you who like solo content, the Queen's Gauntlet is some of the best the game has. Customizable boss fights that will make you mix up your build and solve gimmicks with a time limit that, if you fail to meet, results in the floor opening up to drop you into the middle of the pavilion :p

The star (they named the release after it after all) will be the Bazaar of the Four Winds though. Hope you aren't afraid of heights.

Levyne

Banned
I might take on the gauntlet fights if they instance them or otherwise adjusted how they're implemented. Not really interested in queuing or trying to find vacant cages on weird servers.

So they are bringing back old content that was previously temporary?

There was always going to be temporary content that would return, not unlike how the holiday stuff like Halloween and Winters Day come around at a set point in the year. The Zephyr Sanctum and Queen's Pavilion were also designed to be "seasonal", since the Zephyrites are nomadic - they're not always here, and the Queen's Pavilion was shut down after the fiasco with Scarlet, to be reopened later once they'd gotten all the insane watchworks sorted out.

Time has passed, and now both are back. I doubt they're permanent, but it's going to be good seeing them again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
C'mon Hawk, no need to play with words here :p I understand what you mean, but temporary is just as valid!
he said, "bringing back content that was previously temporary." all of this stuff like the festivals was always intended to be reused, so if they were temporary before they're still temporary now, but they're not temporary like the event to set up the frontier on southsun cove which lasted for a limited time and will never be accessible again

When our commander in our BL or EB wants us to bunker down for 15 minutes to get ready for some critical point defense, I love it. Great warfare fun.

When my commander in EotM wants to bunker in a place for 15 minutes for defense:

MVPmzof.jpg

Complistic

I imagine this event will mostly be unchanged from the last time. Probably just giving the Chinese players a chance to play it and everyone else something to do again while we wait for the next season to start. Looks like i won't need to wait long for those exotic celestial recipes though.

Shiokazu

When our commander in our BL or EB wants us to bunker down for 15 minutes to get ready for some critical point defense, I love it. Great warfare fun.

When my commander in EotM wants to bunker in a place for 15 minutes for defense:

MVPmzof.jpg

last week i went there, i asked if we were going to be trying to defend our keep.

they got angry at me and said: want battle? go wvw.

so i did, and i had some fun.

Katoki

last week i went there, i asked if we were going to be trying to defend our keep.

Based on what I also picked up from the reddit thread, it's best to leave them there and not talk about the karma train. Unless you like people getting uppity about stuff over the internet, then by all means.

Complistic

EOTM is excellent at leveling and karma, so I can't really blame them. It's not terrible gold from all the bags/drops either.

Fucking Shiro man.

I can't even reach Shiro yet. In the part where you have to close the portals, the Madness Titans come out and I just can't kill them, interrupt them, nothing. They just roll up and wipe me.

*look up help online*

"Oh, go get this hero, this skill, this skill - you only need to go play for 80 hours or so to get each one."

VdrY4wN.jpg

And whichever bright spark decided to have the map terrain be red, so that you can't see the red enemy markers on it on your minimap - thanks.

Complistic

Oh, that's the part where you hang way back if i remember correctly and pull the titans by individual groups. I think you run forward to trigger their spawn then run back.

I have a Ritualist that, along with heroes, could cheese just about any story Hard Mode mission. Spirits were hilariously OP, looking back.

I can't even reach Shiro yet. In the part where you have to close the portals, the Madness Titans come out and I just can't kill them, interrupt them, nothing. They just roll up and wipe me.

*look up help online*

"Oh, go get this hero, this skill, this skill - you only need to go play for 80 hours or so to get each one."

VdrY4wN.jpg

And whichever bright spark decided to have the map terrain be red, so that you can't see the red enemy markers on it on your minimap - thanks.

At first GoM was hard but with time and practice mission turned into a complete joke, few years ago when I was trying to get all my stuff finish for max Gwamm i ran that mission with my heroes in HM I walked through like nada, just takes some practice and it can be done with ease, also if you want to turn the game into a complete joke run discordway heroes with a panic mes.

also if you want to turn the game into a complete joke run discordway heroes with a panic mes.

If I want to grind for a thousand hours to get to that point, sure. I like GW1, but the insane amount of grinding and time-wasting walking and pointless damage-soak fights the game expects you to do just to get a handful of skills that break the game, is insane.

And then everyone just runs the same 8 skills on the same 7 heroes anyway, so that magical "Build and Skill Diversity!" the game is lauded for? Meaningless.

Right now my only goal is to finish Nightfall, then Eye of the North, to squeeze out a few more HoM points so I can stop playing. The more time I spend with GW1, the less I like it, and I don't want to stop liking it entirely because I do think it's a neat game.

I'd love to run all these broken hero team builds people mention - except I can't get past the missions I need to get past, to get the heroes and skills the need! Which is a pretty common theme in GW1 - all the guides are written by people who have every skill for every profession and have everything unlocked, and then apply that to doing missions *over*. It's impossible to find guides for people literally just starting, or who haven't finished all the campaigns yet. :(

Thorgal

While waiting for the jungle wurm to appear , the group there decided to play "How many people can we cram on this tree (root ?) ?

gw22014-05-1419-11-48yzisl.jpg

gw22014-05-1419-14-034ui7m.jpg

Proven

I just read this article by Sirlin, about his next upcoming game (I hadn't visited his site for months).
http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2014/4/14/codex-design-diary-the-npe.html
The entire thing came to be because of an interaction between him and Link Hughes (one of GW2's designers), about the New Player Experience, so I guess it's relevant. :)
I read all of these blogs the second they come out, and have been waiting on Codex ever since I played it at PAX East 2013. So I read this blog post a month ago and somehow didn't even notice that the guy he talked to at the beginning of the anecdote was a GW2 designer.

It also reminds me that, again, maybe I really should make a Fantasy Strike Master Thread here on NeoGAF. But then I remember how lazy I'd probably end up, and how I really just go to the site for Puzzle Strike more than anything else...

If I want to grind for a thousand hours to get to that point, sure. I like GW1, but the insane amount of grinding and time-wasting walking and pointless damage-soak fights the game expects you to do just to get a handful of skills that break the game, is insane.

And then everyone just runs the same 8 skills on the same 7 heroes anyway, so that magical "Build and Skill Diversity!" the game is lauded for? Meaningless.

Right now my only goal is to finish Nightfall, then Eye of the North, to squeeze out a few more HoM points so I can stop playing. The more time I spend with GW1, the less I like it, and I don't want to stop liking it entirely because I do think it's a neat game.

GW1's PvE, like GW2's PvE, eventually became degenerative. Although the reasons aren't exactly the same. It's also why I got bored of both after a few months of fooling around solo and with friends. At the very least in GW2, it's easier to do some of the harder PvE challenges while running whatever the hell you want. Although I'm doing the comparison from memory.

Levito

Banned
Back when GW1 originally came out, I literally hated that you couldn't jump. Drove me nuts.

Jira actually convinced me to go back and play GW1 again not too long before GW2 launched, and it was actually pretty fun. I remember the group instances being a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom