• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Unfortunately, no. If you try to set your Network to System Link, even though everyone is signed into an XBL Gold account and connected to the internet, it'll kick you out, gray out the Spartan Ops menu options, and say that you need to be connected to Xbox Live. It is pretty awful that me and my roommate get input lag when playing on a LAN because it has to send the data out first.

Wow 343, just wow.

wait there are no small maps in Snipes? What the fuck?

Aw, that's disappointing, I was really looking forward to this playlist. But big maps are no fun for snipes.

Man, Legendary Solo wasn't all that difficult at all. I think I had a harder time on Heroic.

I'm playing through it right now, too. The first level has been the hardest so far for me, everything else hasn't been particularly difficult. Except for a particular part on the third level which was really difficult.

Dreaver

Just curious, are most Spartan Ops like the first two missions (aka just killing boring enemies)? I suppose so? The cutscenes are pretty cool (and good) but Spartan Ops is kinda a missed opportunity. I personally don't care that much, but how awesome could it have been if it was like Spec Ops in CoD? (Kill 10 hunters with only magnums, kill wave after wave of grunts, do a race Warthog etc. with zero respawns).

FyreWulff

What is that?

Super stretch Elite.

Come back to find his brother Super Stretch Spartan.

creepyspartan.jpg

Maybe playing episode 3 with more people is fun, but alone, it was a real dreadful experience.On the 4th mission,
when the Manti dropped in, I was getting killed over and over again, trying to get to the vehicles. Not fun at all. Plus the mission(and other missions to)got artificially extended by just trowing more and more enemies at you. Not very fun.

Also, I still don't get why the hell the Covenant is still on Requiem. The first thing I would have done as captain is to make sure no Covenant ships are on/in/outside the planet. You have the biggest,most powerful ship in the UNSC army. Why won't you use the damn thing to hunt down the idiots who keep killing your men?

So many stupid things are happening, story and gameplay related. It really takes way from the enjoyment.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn I'm always late to the party with Spartan Ops. I haven't even touched episode 2 because I've been just grinding to 50. And now I have to replay the campaign for the next podast so I don't have time for that. But shit, I should probably do all of Spartan Ops for the podcast as well! lol shiiiiiit

Pop

Who is managing these playlists? They seem really out of touch.

343i seems like they just want it their way or no way at all. We have and many others have gave their opinions on what would make H4 more enjoyable. Instant respawn should only be in Infinity and not in any other playlist/gametypes. I get they want their vision but come on.

zlatko

Banned
Damn I'm always late to the party with Spartan Ops. I haven't even touched episode 2 because I've been just grinding to 50. And now I have to replay the campaign for the next podast so I don't have time for that. But shit, I should probably do all of Spartan Ops for the podcast as well! lol shiiiiiit

I beat Ep 1 and 2 within a hour each solo Legendary. You can too!

DeadNames

Banned
343i seems like they just want it their way or no way at all. We have and many others have gave their opinions on what would make H4 more enjoyable. Instant respawn should only be in Infinity and not in any other playlist/gametypes. I get they want their vision but come on.

Agreed. I really hope they're willing to make changes to both global and personal ordnance, AAs, primaries (mainly the DMR), and other things.

Ramirez

Instant respawns suck in all of the game modes, I really hope that's something they back track on and admit it doesn't work. :(

TheOddOne

Yeah, episode 3 was really good. The vehicle sections and the enemy encounters were really well done. The CGI intro was awesome aswell.

Fate restored. GG Spartan Ops guys and gals!

orznge

Banned

They're making a game they want to play, which is the same game that their primary demographic wants to play.

Spartan Ops continues to show some potential.
What's missing:

- ingame cutscenes showing your spartans at the end/start of each mission, or at least the start of the first and end of the last mission of the chapter. make the missions seem less disconnected. show my spartan manning the turret on the pelican on arrival ffs

- prometheans. fuck elites in this game, give me more prometheans.

- more MP maps please. I don't care about your canonical justification, but get exile and vortex and longbow in there. hell, just reuse some halo reach or halo 3 MP map geometry if you're desperate. highlands, timberland, avalanche, yes please!
just say they're carbon copies of the actual maps created by the forerunners or the eggheads on requiem or it's an offworld mission because the infinity left requiem for a day for a field trip or whatever. the story is basically crimson here, eggheads there and nothing more at this point, might as well go off the deep end.
Although admittedly, having halsey around could make things interesting.

Additionally, for me to pay for SpOps S2 onwards, I want new enemies, weapons and locations. If it's a rehash of the same 7 enemy types (what a laughably low count), I'm going to watch the cutscenes on youtube for the story and thats it.

Ramirez

I like to dream too.

I like to think that we will at least get adjusted spawn times in non Infinity gametypes. I really don't think you're supposed to spawn as fast as you do in something like KOTH, it starts at 10 and then magically drops to 3/Instant, hoping it's a bug.

Pop

Agreed. I really hope they're willing to make changes to both global and personal ordnance, AAs, primaries (mainly the DMR), and other things.

Just give me classic playlists/gametypes and I'll be set. Literally will be in heaven with H4, this game has so much potential.

IHaveIce

Banned
Team Snipers is a blast, could be because in this playlist the trueskill didn't match up till now, but I did a nice no scope overkill.

DeadNames

Banned
Just give me classic playlists/gametypes and I'll be set. Literally will be in heaven with H4, this game has so much potential.

Oh gosh... Adrift/Haven and even maybe Abandoned could work well with classic settings.

343... Next week, classic slayer?

Please?

Sordid

A hinge-head mention in SpOps... curse you Karen Traviss! I hope these episodes are leading up to a fight between Halsey/Chief and Palmer & her cronies and we get to put them down. Such awful characters in SpOps so far, the writing is pretty bad (although Episode 3 is better than the first 2, hopefully it keeps improving!)

At least these missions were more fun than the first ten.

m23

DLC ideas:

More armors/helmets
More weapon skins
More Stances

I was going through the artbook, and near the back it has art of the armor in multiplayer, and I believe I saw MK V armor. When I get home I'll check again, but I'm pretty sure that's what I saw, if so, make it happen 343!!

Top Bottom