• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

JHall

It just felt off while grinding for the green visor... I would run into people and nothing would happen, but when I lightly tapped them, they died.

Going for the green visor was the worst Halo experience of my career.

I know I am posting this at the exact wrong time, but I am new to halo and would love to find some people to play through reach at some point. :)

I am ordering Halo 4 and ODST as well.

gt: nightskies

Anyone feel like playing with a beginner?

I'll add you. Rep that College football gaf!

m23

Just completed Spartan Op episode 3, such a step up from the previous 2. Enjoyed all the chapters except the 5th which was basically the same exact thing as an earlier chapter.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
does melee seem inconsistent, or is it just me? even in campaign i'm whiffing a lot more then i should be...

Redford

aka Cabbie
Also the railgun feels inconsistent... I've sworn I've made direct hits but nothing happens.

It's no mystery.. Generally when guns are "inconsistent" in Halo 4 it's your crappy connection you should blame, not the guns.

does melee seem inconsistent, or is it just me? even in campaign i'm whiffing a lot more then i should be...
This has been an issue for me, there wouldn't happen to be that melee clash/block in this game agin, would there?

Someone posted a spreadsheet with a breakdown on weapon kill times, AA recharge times, Use times etc, I cant find it now :( - anyone still got a link to it? I know it was on Reddit, but I have no idea if that place even has a search function?

I know I am posting this at the exact wrong time, but I am new to halo and would love to find some people to play through reach at some point. :)

I am ordering Halo 4 and ODST as well.

gt: nightskies

Anyone feel like playing with a beginner?

Wouldn't mind helping but coop campaign is really laggy for me

willow ve

Does splattering feel inconsistent or is it just me?

It's 100% dependent on who has host and/or your connection to host. In games with a good connection you really have to hit someone. In games where your connection is a bit off you just come close and you get a splatter. It's been that way since Halo 3.

Enjoying this game exponentially more since I started using the thruster pack. Before I was going through the motions spamming promethean vision with AA efficiency; completely deadening experience. Now I'm pulling off ridiculous plays with thruster the game feels a lot more alive.

Avoiding the infinity playlists, especially BTB, like the flu. Regicide and Oddball all day.

Hilarious that BTB is the most populated playlist but very sensical when you consider 6 of the ten maps are BTB. Really hoping the DLC pack has at least another two smallish maps. If not, gonna need those Forge reinforcements. TBH it feels wrong to reward 343 with DLC revenue after the shameful handling of Reach's DLC; really hoping for improved MM implementation.

DeadNames

Banned
Enjoying this game exponentially more since I started using the thruster pack. Before I was going through the motions spamming promethean vision with AA efficiency; completely deadening experience. Now I'm pulling off ridiculous plays with thruster the game feels a lot more alive.

Avoiding the infinity playlists, especially BTB, like the flu. Regicide and Oddball all day.

Hilarious that BTB is the most populated playlist but very sensical when you consider 6 of the ten maps are BTB. Really hoping the DLC pack has at least another two smallish maps. If not, gonna need those Forge reinforcements. TBH it feels wrong to reward 343 with DLC revenue after the shameful handling of Reach's DLC; really hoping for improved MM implementation.

I agree about the avoiding slayer...

For once I like objective more, haha. Oddball is so much fun.

FyreWulff

Halo CE. I hated the vehicle tweaks introduced in 2 and that carried on from that.

I still love the story that the Halo 1 vehicles were so deadly because they couldn't get them to interact with players correctly, so they just went "fuck it" and had them kill you if you so much as brushed against one.

Partying after the win against Michigan, maybe? I dunno, I can play tomorrow for sure. My roommate actually had me run through campaign on legendary with him last night, but I'm sure I could do a quick heroic run or something.
Well in that case I'll leave it up to you. Shoot me a PM or message me on XBL if you're still game.

TCKaos

Are there any IRL pictures of sig??

Only paintings. No photos or anything.

god.jpg

Melee, splatters and railguns. Whole game. Gotcha.

Okay, I'll make a quick list for you:
-Hit detection
-Rail Gun
-Sticky detonator
-Grenades
-Netcode
-Ordnance spawning
-Boltshot
-Scattershot
-Splattering
-Melee
-Camo
-Regen Field

I'll see if I can come up with some more, but these things can ruin encounters, if not entire matches.

Did they take Haven out of Infinity Slayer? It feels like the map selection is even smaller now. :(

Did 343 really lower the weighting on Haven because it was too popular? What the hell kind of backwards logic is that? I apologise if I'm wrong about that, but why else is the weighting reduced?

Enfinit

Does anyone happen to have the list of things in Halo 4 that GAF believes needs fixing? I believe Plywood or Nilla posted it earlier in this |OT|...

Pop

Found your problem.

Well I play BTB with friends that aren't to competitive. It's just the lag is real noticeable right now in only that playlist.

When are we going to see slayer and obj mixed together? This is getting stale.

Edit: Funny that someone mentions blops2 because I'm having little to none lag with it. Now with Halo 4...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Well I play BTB with friends that aren't to competitive. It's just the lag is real noticeable right now in only that playlist.

When are we going to see slayer an obj mixed together? This is getting stale.

If they put OBJ up for voting in BTB you would still never see it. They would have to make two separate playlists for it.

Lucky you there are OBJ playlists to pick from!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Does anyone happen to have the list of things in Halo 4 that GAF believes needs fixing? I believe Plywood or Nilla posted it earlier in this |OT|...

seriously? all of gaf agreed upon a list of changes... and i wasnt notified to add my input? i'm having a hard time believing i'd be in agreement with half of the items on that list.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
seriously? all of gaf agreed upon a list of changes... and i wasnt notified to add my input? i'm having a hard time believing i'd be in agreement with half of the items on that list.

Seriously. Half want a reskined Halo 2, half want a reskined Halo 3, Half want a reskined Halo CE and the other half (MATH YAAY!) like the game the way it is, but want some shit fixed.

It's like ordering a fucking pizza in here.

DeadNames

Banned

When are we going to see slayer an obj mixed together? This is getting stale.

Edit: Funny that someone mentions blops2 because I'm having little to none lag with it. Now with Halo 4...

Haha, when I played black ops 2 at my friends house, it literally felt like my bullets were doing nothing. I would spray them down to see the hitmarkers appear about a second later. The only real lag I've had in H4 is just blackscreens. No teleportation or anything.

Plenty of problems with some of the new features but I think some are quick to project Reach's problems with "inconsistency" onto H4, which is vastly more predictable overall..

I agree with this.

Okay, I'll make a quick list for you:
-Hit detection
-Rail Gun
-Sticky detonator
-Grenades
-Netcode
-Ordnance spawning
-Boltshot
-Scattershot
-Splattering
-Melee
-Camo
-Regen Field

I'll see if I can come up with some more, but these things can ruin encounters, if not entire matches.

A lot of those aren't on this page.

Pop

If they put OBJ up for voting in BTB you would still never see it. They would have to make two separate playlists for it.

Lucky you there are OBJ playlists to pick from!

Yeah let's give every gametype there own playlist this time around in Halo 4. I want BTB obj...

plz keep your sarcastic comments off my quotes

Top Bottom