• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT12| Last One Out, Get the Lights

Is there some official forum or some other place where I can ask what is going on with my game ?
Because it's just ridiculous that I can't play spartan ops ,can't lvl up in multiplayer and there are only few playlists available with something about 500 players total and it is like that for about 6 hours.
What is more puzzling is that I found only one person with the same problem.
Sounds like you're in the overflow servers. It was discussed briefly in a halo bulletin a couple weeks back. Restart your xbox. If that doesn't work, go do something else and try again later.

OrangeOak

Sounds like you're in the overflow servers. It was discussed briefly in a halo bulletin a couple weeks back. Restart your xbox. If that doesn't work, go do something else and try again later.

Thanks for your response.I will try tommorow and I hope it will work because I can't wait to play more of this awesome game :)

Homeboyd

HaloGAF, need some OT help because I know you guys have posted about this before. My gf is looking to get a tv for her parents this Christmas but nothing special. Won't be the main tv for them and they only need something in the 37-42" range. She's only looking to spend $200-300. 720, 60hz is plenty I'm sure... Cable HD shit.

I'm always partial to Samsung, Sony, LG, etc... And like the pricier stuff so I'm not much help to her. Any good recommendations? Links to sales etc?

Feel free to PM me to avoid further shitting. Thanks.

TN7Ii.jpg

If I see this in matchmaking I'm taking a flamethrower to this place.

Karl2177

Soooooo my roommate just asked for his money back on Halo 4.

Admittedly it's because he wants to buy XCOM while it's cheap, but it means I own my copy of Halo 4 again.

Does anyone want to do SpOps 4? Haven't played it yet.

Homeboyd

Soooooo my roommate just asked for his money back on Halo 4.

Admittedly it's because he wants to buy XCOM while it's cheap, but it means I own my copy of Halo 4 again.

Does anyone want to do SpOps 4? Haven't played it yet.
HEY. KARL.

GOOD TO SEE YOU.

ANSWER ME A$$HOLE!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
AR in Slayer Pro is becoming harder to use at the competition gets better and people are learning the maps more. Started using DMR again today and it's much easier now

zap

This game is glitchy :/

I was just playing a game of Slayer Pro and the game wouldn't let me change my loadout. I'd tap Y and nothing, until I spawned, when it would change weapons (i.e. work). This happened all game.

TheOddOne

I was just playing a game of Slayer Pro and the game wouldn't let me change my loadout. I'd tap Y and nothing, until I spawned, when it would change weapons (i.e. work). This happened all game.
I think this might be because of on the fly things they change behind the scenes, cause loadouts gets reset on the weirdest times.

Pop

You could have pressed start and select a new loadout from there.

zap

I think this might be because of on the fly things they change behind the scenes, cause my loadouts gets reset on the weirdest times.

It just happened in the second game as well. I could select another loadout using the start menu in game, but it's far from ideal.

So many other frustrating things happening as well, just turned it off. Ugh.

"So we wanted to take the old version of Lockout, the one we scrapped because Lockout was better in every way, and force you to play this inferior version in several of our 24 playlists." ~Carney

Cut him some slack, he was just trying to fit in with the overall design philosophy for the game.

MinkTANK

Banned
I don't know why I keep watching streams, it makes me want to play the game, then I do and it makes me sad, so I stop playing and ignore it for a day. ..Then I get bored and watch streams and the cycle continues.

MrDaravon

Had my first match in which camo was infuriating, Meltdown, fuck that map.

At least you go to play the map. I just spent a few minutes and counted the number of times I've gotten to play in each map in BTB on my account.

Ragnarok - 31
Exile - 38
Meltdown - 5
Vortex - 11
Longbow - 14

Outside of Exile outstripping Ragnarok (which honestly surprised me) this is pretty horseshit 343. Also whoever approved the Waypoint layout should feel bad about themselves, just getting this information required way more manual effort than it should have, and Waypoint crapped out on me twice while doing it.

Booshka

I don't know why I keep watching streams, it makes me want to play the game, then I do and it makes me sad, so I stop playing and ignore it for a day. ..Then I get bored and watch streams and the cycle continues.

It's more fun to watch other people play mediocre Halo games than it is to play them yourself. Especially if they are good at it or care about it, it reminds you of when you cared about Halo and were really good at it.

I've been living vicariously through Halo pro's ever since Halo 3 and to some extent even Halo 2. Halo has been mediocre for a long time, watching other people dedicate themselves to it like I used to is a nostalgia trip I enjoy taking from time to time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spartans Ops should have been a community driven sandbox utilizing all the features of the Halo series. It should have allowed players to forge their own scenarios, build their own maps, set their settings (lives, starting weapons, etc). 343 could have still released their episodes with the CGI cutscene.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhaa.

This verb is now synonymous with mediocrity and half baked execution.

It just happened in the second game as well. I could select another loadout using the start menu in game, but it's far from ideal.

So many other frustrating things happening as well, just turned it off. Ugh.
Have had a lot of these same problems lately. Saturday night had the "no, you can't set your starting loadout" problem, and then on Sunday I lost voices in the campaign cut-scenes. First they sounded far away then they were gone entirely. Kinda creepy but appropriate to see the long close-up shots of the Chief tilting his head in subtle ways before nodding to the air and setting off.

I've only had my loadouts reset once, and have one campaign mission missing in my history. Thought I had two but a few hours later one of the missing ones popped up. Have also had one player in our group popped into another match entirely after a host migration - has happened once every few nights.

MinkTANK

Banned
It's more fun to watch other people play mediocre Halo games than it is to play them yourself. Especially if they are good at it or care about it, it reminds you of when you cared about Halo and were really good at it.

I've been living vicariously through Halo pro's ever since Halo 3 and to some extent even Halo 2. Halo has been mediocre for a long time, watching other people dedicate themselves to it like I used to is a nostalgia trip I enjoy taking from time to time.

That makes more sense than what I was thinking. I came to the conclusion that I get some weird, sadomasochistic kick out of it.

But yes, you're most likely right.

kylej

Banned
think that might be my last night with halo 4 unless we get a good team rolling in the future. it's just not fun. nothing matters. it's random spawns, instant respawns, 50 different weapons, no choke points, no flow at all to any maps, no call outs, no ranking system, no nothing. just filling bars up. game's a glitchy bug filled bore.

i just spawn randomly, run around aimlessly, maybe kill someone, die, repeat. no incentive to try. i remember i would be shaking after close ranked games of halo 3. this game i nearly fall asleep.

Let's not forget killing off the competitive community's interest with no ranks. No ranks for them and there's no reason. You can win a million games but if you don't know what your competition is really like then what does the win really mean? The only reason people pad there K/D now is because W/L doesn't mean shit these days and there's nothing to shows that it matters. Especially with JIP and then the ranks will only be confined to Waypoint.

This is not a AAA game, it's a game in a AAA franchise. The only department that truly stands out are the graphics even though the game sure doesn't have a locked framerate.

I don't understand why people try to say "it's so hard to make a Halo game from scratch". Bullshit, not with the background, experiences and resources 343 had and has. They had inherited 10 years worth of a franchise, 10 years of refinement and retooling that this franchise has had. They tore up those 10 years. They take the time out to make a "true" Flood and Grifball mode, but remove a legacy mode like Assault. What? You're going to say they can add it in, that it wasn't ready for primetime? Why not? It's only been available at launch in every other Halo. You can't tell me they didn't have enough resources for an already existing mode when they've added new modes.

But of course tell me how hard it was to make the game. Tell me this while simultaneously accepting the short campaign, the outsourced Forge, the inactive Fileshare, customization options removed, missing legacy modes and features, a dialed down Firefight, the weakest A.I. in the series and a slew of other technical issues.

The game should have had a beta, tons of things were discovered in the first week that make me and many others feel as though everyone purchased a $60 beta. It's nice that they're fixing these things by the way. So don't get me wrong like I'm ungrateful. But the fact is they're fixing it AFTER the fact. We're the fucking gameplay testers and that's some bullshit.

Is it not?
Fantastic post. Thanks for quoting it Kyle; somehow I missed it earlier.

Booshka

think that might be my last night with halo 4 unless we get a good team rolling in the future. it's just not fun. nothing matters. it's random spawns, instant respawns, 50 different weapons, no choke points, no flow at all to any maps, no call outs, no ranking system, no nothing. just filling bars up. game's a glitchy bug filled bore.

i just spawn randomly, run around aimlessly, maybe kill someone, die, repeat. no incentive to try. i remember i would be shaking after close ranked games of halo 3. this game i nearly fall asleep in every game.

shit's boring, the core mechanics like movement and shooting are decent, but it's extremely uninspired and there is zero tension or competitive drive. Repetitive, inconsequential mediocrity.

One thing I will admit 343 did right is narrowing down all of the gametypes into core ones and making them distinct enough that they're all actually playable (see King of the Hill and Oddball - it's almost unanimous that they're improvements over past generations and were pretty much never played in past games save for Action Sack or Multi Team). My only suggestions would be to add back in Race, Assault, One Flag, and Three Plots. Hell, Three Plots is practically replaced by Extraction already, even though it's not in matchmaking yet.

zap

i remember i would be shaking after close ranked games of halo 3. this game i nearly fall asleep.

This. Ranked Halo 3 was intense - part of that was the ranking and part was the balance, maps, and weapon spawns.

The frustrating thing is that we could have a great Halo game on our hands, if there were more people at 343 that understood the appeal of Halo vs something like CoD.

If the game is fun and balanced - who gives a crap how many bars are filled in the meta game?

kylej

Banned
shit's boring, the core mechanics like movement and shooting are decent, but it's extremely uninspired and there is zero tension or competitive drive. Repetitive, inconsequential mediocrity.

yeah I mean lord knows I'm not as good as I used to be at Halo, but I find myself going like -10 and not remotely giving a shit. kills mean nothing, deaths mean nothing, it's all so damn boring.

u4iX

yeah I mean lord knows I'm not as good as I used to be at Halo, but I find myself going like -10 and not remotely giving a shit. kills mean nothing, deaths mean nothing, it's all so damn boring.

It's amazing how two small gameplay mechanics, delayed spawn timers and static weapon spawns, can have such a dramatic effect on the tension and plot line of matches.

Ken

It's amazing how deflating it can be to out-DMR someone and have them instantly spawn and finish you off.

No wait that's not amazing at all.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think I need shield recharging to start faster than it does right now. It seriously feels like fucking eternity hiding in cover waiting for them to start charging. Then a grenade does 1hp of damage and I have to wait longer.

Also, Instant Spawns don't help that either.

u4iX

I think I need shield recharging to start faster than it does right now. It seriously feels like fucking eternity hiding in cover waiting for them to start charging. Then a grenade does 1hp of damage and I have to wait longer.

#InstantProblems

Top Bottom