• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach 1st DLC Announced - Noble Map Pack - 11/30/2010

Deadstar

Arpharmd B said:
Halo Reach maps = 3.33$ a piece. Gaf is silent.

Call of Duty maps = 3.00$ a piece. Gaf goes apeshit.

No red devil, also you get more bang for your buck. Multiple gametypes, forge, etc etc.

SuperBonk said:
Umm, the point was I've played more than you, in pretty much every way imaginable. And you're right, you're not very good. :lol
I know this may come as a surprise to some people but college > Halo, and if I'm not good what does that make you?

Bread

Banned
They should be tossing in more Forgeworld remakes in these map packs. Bungie, PLEASE remake Lockout/Guardian/Headlong

SuperBonk

AwesomeSyrup said:
I know this may come as a surprise to some people but college > Halo, and if I'm not good what does that make you?
Relax man, I'm just kidding around. I am pretty terrible at this game. I will say that if it wasn't for being dicked over in Arena, my stats wouldn't be so bad. My competitive stats are pretty good! I promise!

Oh, and don't lecture me on college either. :lol

urk said:
WOOT! <3. *dances a happy jig*

Narpas Sword0 said:
There was never one moment in the course of Halo 3's life that an original buyer with no DLC lost access to a FFA playlist, a 4v4 Slayer playlist, a 4v4 or 5v5 Objective playlist, and a 6v6 mixed playlist. I guess the real problem is that people were hung up on Halo 3's stupid ranking system and couldn't bear to play on a playlist that didn't have a number next to their name. And if you are into Halo enough to care about your Rank, and you want to be on a Ranked playlist, I don't see why you shouldn't have to have the maps.
And yet some us wanted to play on ranked matches so we'd be matched up with players of similar skill (read: not so good), rather than being used as practice by xxxLeetSniperxxx and friends in social matches. The only way to find similar skilled players in Halo 3 was in ranked matches, and those were off limits unless you bought the DLC.

At least Reach uses trueskill in all playlists, which is great.

Deadstar

I'm wondering if Tempest can be forged into Relic? That was the best map in Halo 2 and one of the greatest of all time for 4v4 1 flag ctf.

Deadstar said:
I'm wondering if Tempest can be forged into Relic? That was the best map in Halo 2 and one of the greatest of all time for 4v4 1 flag ctf.
I bet Bungie already has a few build-in remakes that will come with the pack.

It'd be cool if they designed the spaces to fit with their remake ideas (a la Ascension's Island or Blood Gulch's canyon or Sanctuary's area in Forge World).

JesseZao

Deadstar said:

I blame Jetpacks for us not having more remakes.

SuperBonk said:
Sorry for all the bitching guys. :D
Same here. BTW - my soul should arrive at Bungie HQ in 5-7 work days, depending upon weather conditions.

You guys are burned into my heart (and forehead).

js1ret.png

Deadstar

The Lamonster said:
I bet Bungie already has a few build-in remakes that will come with the pack.

It'd be cool if they designed the spaces to fit with their remake ideas (a la Ascension's Island or Blood Gulch's canyon or Sanctuary's area in Forge World).

Great idea. I agree and think it would be awesome as well. All three maps look pretty cool in this pack. Can't wait to check them out. I'll have more free time now that GT5 is delayed :(

Raide

Deadstar said:
Great idea. I agree and think it would be awesome as well. All three maps look pretty cool in this pack. Can't wait to check them out. I'll have more free time now that GT5 is delayed :(

Expanding ForgeWorld would be pretty cool but I would prefer them doing a snow ForgeWorld or at least something different to green grass and sand. :D

Raide said:
Expanding ForgeWorld would be pretty cool but I would prefer them doing a snow ForgeWorld or at least something different to green grass and sand. :D
I agree that we need more environments in general. A snowy area is sorely lacking in this game so far. I'd also love to see an alien swamp a la Backwash.

There's so much they can do with this new engine and I kind of feel like we're missing out on some beautiful maps because most of them so far are just cluttered cities and industrial areas.

Falagard

New maps look awesome. Visually very nice looking, though it's hard to get an idea of layout. We need video walkthroughs - give them to Rooster Teeth like you did before and have an RvB video made.

I'm also hoping that you will make a best of Halo 3 map pack consisting of:
The Pit
Valhalla
Avalanche
Stand Off
Guardian

Hell ... why not just take all the Halo 3 maps and convert them over to be used in Halo Reach.

Monocle

God damn, those maps are gorgeous. Bravo, Bungie.

Not terrible irked about the price, TBH. Reach is pretty much the only game I've played since it was released, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. More variety in multiplayer is a major plus that I don't mind paying for. The achievements are just delicious icing.

The Lamonster said:
I agree that we need more environments in general. A snowy area is sorely lacking in this game so far. I'd also love to see an alien swamp a la Backwash.

There's so much they can do with this new engine and I kind of feel like we're missing out on some beautiful maps because most of them so far are just cluttered cities and industrial areas.
YES

But make it for firefight too.

Monocle said:
God damn, those maps are gorgeous. Bravo, Bungie.

Not terrible irked about the price, TBH. Reach is pretty much the only game I've played since it was released, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. More variety in multiplayer is a major plus that I don't mind paying for. The achievements are just delicious icing.
Well said. I totally agree. It's good to hear this kind of positivity every once and a while :D

ShinAmano

Falagard said:
New maps look awesome. Visually very nice looking, though it's hard to get an idea of layout. We need video walkthroughs - give them to Rooster Teeth like you did before and have an RvB video made.

The Pit
Valhalla
Avalanche
Stand Off
Guardian

Hell ... why not just take all the Halo 3 maps and convert them over to be used in Halo Reach.
I am surprised that Valhalla was not a part of Forge World in the first place...

Raide

Zeouterlimits said:
Price is fine, but bit miffed about the lack of FF maps. They on a lower priority than MP maps?

And yes: they look damn nice.

I am guessing FF is lower but I would love the next pack to come with at least 1 new FF map. More if possible!

Deadstar said:

Jetpacks would completely break that map; you'd have to have no-Jetpack games for it to work. Whick Id be willing to accept.

I'm sure there's a FF map pack in the works, but it probably takes a little longer since you have to model the level, THEN start designing encounters for it.

It also makes sense to break them apart, since there seems to be a fairly sharp divide between Firefight and Multiplayer players.

Dead

well not really...yet
Bread said:
They should be tossing in more Forgeworld remakes in these map packs. Bungie, PLEASE remake Lockout/Guardian/Headlong
Please no. The forge world maps included on the disc are baaaad :(

Dead said:
Please no. The forge world maps included on the disc are baaaad :(
How are they bad? They're faithful remakes of awesome maps from days of old. I haven't seen one user created map that is as accurate as Bungie's Forge World maps.

Falagard said:

The Pit
Valhalla
Avalanche
Stand Off
Guardian

Yeah, I'm hoping that Bungie comes out with a "Halo 3 Best of" DLC consisting of the maps you just listed.

Dax01 said:
Yeah, I'm hoping that Bungie comes out with a "Halo 3 Best of" DLC consisting of the maps you just listed.
I'd rather see Halo 1 and Halo 2 maps but that's just me.

mmm Damnation and Headlong....

electricpirate said:
It also makes sense to break them apart, since there seems to be a fairly sharp divide between Firefight and Multiplayer players.
This. FF is a nice extra, but not something that I particularity care for. Obviously they should make more maps for it, but I think competitive multilayer(the heart of Halo) should come first. Also, they should be separate, I don't want to pay more for content I wont ever touch.

And if we must have remakes. Halo 2 is the place to go. Best maps in the series. Headlong could be pretty awesome with jetpacks in objective games.

The Lamonster said:
I'd rather see Halo 1 and Halo 2 maps but that's just me.

mmm Damnation and Headlong....
We got enough of Halo 2 remakes/maps already, and Halo 1. Actually, we don't have a single Halo 3 remake yet.

Dax01 said:
We got enough of Halo 2 remakes/maps already, and Halo 1. Actually, we don't have a single Halo 3 remake yet.
I think Bungie should just contract out the work to 343 or other Halo-friendly developers to remake every single Halo 1-3 +DLC map there is.

Well, maybe they can leave out Chiron TL-34...

Yama

They got it right with Reflection, I want to see more like that. A real Turf, Lockout and Terminal remake would be infinitely better than anything they put together now.

More competitive smaller maps, please. Spacestation looks decent, hopefully it plays all right and has a balanced layout.

NullPointer said:
At least Reach uses trueskill in all playlists, which is great.

Halo 3 does as well, it just does not show it to you in social games. However, not everyone played social enough to actually get to their "True" skill.

Yama said:
They got it right with Reflection, I want to see more like that. A real Turf, Lockout and Terminal remake would be infinitely better than anything they put together now.

More competitive smaller maps, please. Spacestation looks decent, hopefully it plays all right and has a balanced layout.

For the moment, there's a really clever Forge Terminal that uses a killball as the train. Lemme see if I can find it.

Thagomizer said:
For the moment, there's a really clever Forge Terminal that uses a killball as the train. Lemme see if I can find it.
It's pretty good except the courtyard area where the wraith spawns is way too small.

Jex

I far more concerned with maps designed around Halo Reach's mechanics. They aren't the same as Halo 2 and 3 and the maps should reflect this. Dumping in maps from older games isn't something I'm desperate to see.

Jexhius said:
I far more concerned with maps designed around Halo Reach's mechanics. They aren't the same as Halo 2 and 3 and the maps should reflect this. Dumping in maps from older games isn't something I'm desperate to see.
I have to go with you on this one. War, war changes.

JesseZao

Jexhius said:

Yep, that is the dilemma. To remedy this, I say they knockout AAs (usually going to be jetpacks) that ruin the intended flow/experience for remakes. The chances of a classic no-AA Halo playlist is probably small though.

DarkKyo

The only map that needs to reappear is Waterworks from Halo 2... set it in that incredible looking cave from the end of Reach and you'd have the greatest BTB map ever.

ElRenoRaven

Personally I would love to have some non forge versions of these maps.

Prisoner
Battle Creak
Boarding Action
timberland
Danger Canyon
Hang Em High
District
Turf
Terminal
Water Works.

Sadly We will never ever see that many DLC maps much less those. I can dream though. lol

Top Bottom