• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland Season 2 |OT| It Hits Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
People butthurt over the finale checking in early and often, I see. Should I correct them on why the wiring on the vest failed.. ahh why bother.

I quite enjoyed the 20-minute preview. I thought it set the table very nicely. It is but a fragment of an episode, but enough happened that I didn't feel unsatisfied. Second season looks epic.

Great way to argue. Call those with different opinions "butthurt".

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
People butthurt over the finale checking in early and often, I see. Should I correct them on why the wiring on the vest failed.. ahh why bother.

lulz. Yeah why bother with trying to have a discussion in a discussion thread? They'll never agree with my point of view so what's the uuuussseeeeee!!

;p

What's funny is I originally had Winter and edited with Chase. Chase has had a small hand in Boardwalk and I got confused.

David Chase Sopranos mob Boardwalk Empire Terrence Winter. They are colleagues after all.

The wire got disconnected in the scuffle. It was already armed when he left the house.

Who doesn't check? What sort of shitty terrorist is Brody that he doesn't check the bomb on the day of detonation after something like that? What sort of shoddy suicide bomber is this?

Let's be serious for a second. Some stupid 'WOOPS I FORGOT TO PLUG THE WIRE IN PROPERLY' contrivance prevented the terrorist from succeeding,
It didn't seem like much of a leap to me that, during all the panic of the sniper shots and getting tackled to the ground, a wire would come loose.

CiSTM

Banned
I wonder how many seasons they are going to make out of this, I hope this isn't the new 24 and they drag it out too much. Still, I'm ready for this!

Recon

Banned
Can't wait. However. I don't like how it's picking up way after the finale ?

Is it? That makes a lot of sense with how they ended season 1. It would be pretty boring watching Claire rehabilitate, since they "had" to go in that direction.

Yager

Banned
I don't know that "were this an HBO show" should be said anymore when it comes to dramas. Comedies outnumber dramas on the net now, and their dramas are Treme, Game of Thrones, Boardwalk, Newsroom, and True Blood. They're not exactly the sole standard for television bravery anymore. this isn't to say those aren't good shows, I hear Boardwalk's pretty good and I know GoT is fun and I want to see Treme. But "hbo show" as a term has lost a little of its cache as AMC and Showtime have built up their drama slate. So I don't think Homeland being on HBO would have necessarily killed Brody. In fact, I liked the Brody part of the finale. Because he went through with it. He pressed the button. It was real for him, until it wasn't. And now he's going to act in more subversive ways. I'm excited to see that.

Still, I am a little colder on the show than I was middle of the first season. Then I thought it was top tier on TV, now I realize it's lower than that while being better than most other shows. The second season could really flesh out the show.

Boardwalk Empire S2 would like to have a word with you.

Dennis

Banned
Season 1 finale was the highlight of the season.

Now with that settled lets rejoice that Season 2 starts soon.

Solo

Aside from the stupid finale (Brody not doing it - ugh; amnesia - double ugh), S1 was aces. Here's hoping S2 drops the amnesia stuff ASAP and gets back to greatness.

Dabanton

The finale was bullshit. Absolute eye rolling nonsense but I'm prepared to go with it just to see how they get Carrie back on her feet and Brody being subversive.

Lets hope they don't fall into such 24'esque nonsense again.

Excited, but keeping my expectations in check.

There's a lot that could go wrong. Very wrong. And I'm terrified that this show is going to far exceed its shelf life. It might be reaching that point already.

So my parents just called me up and informed me that they've been commissioned to make two custom rugs for sets on the show. They might get to go deliver them to the set. If they do i'm going to try to get over there and go with them. Brody's house set is like 5 minutes away from my house, i'm thinking it might be there

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I wonder how many seasons they are going to make out of this, I hope this isn't the new 24 and they drag it out too much. Still, I'm ready for this!

It'll probably get around 8 seasons, provided Claire Daines and Damien Lewis renew their contracts.

So my parents just called me up and informed me that they've been commissioned to make two custom rugs for sets on the show. They might get to go deliver them to the set. If they do i'm going to try to get over there and go with them. Brody's house set is like 5 minutes away from my house, i'm thinking it might be there

Custom rugs? What kind?

It'll probably get around 8 seasons, provided Claire Daines and Damien Lewis renew their contracts.

Custom rugs? What kind?

The only thing they told me is that they're doing two rugs, I think they're just basic shag rugs. Haven't seen a picture of what they're working on yet. They run their own rug business, they do all types of rugs for people's houses and businesses. They sometimes make rugs out of logos but mostly they do binding, serging, sisal rugs, cove base for hotels, stairwells etc. They've done a lot of work for various athletes who live in the area, and they did a couple rugs for Carrot Top years back for one of his shows. I think recently they did the rugs used in the oval office exhibit here in town while the DNC was going on.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The only thing they told me is that they're doing two rugs, I think they're just basic shag rugs. Haven't seen a picture of what they're working on yet. They run their own rug business, they do all types of rugs for people's houses and businesses. They sometimes make rugs out of logos but mostly they do binding, serging, sisal rugs, cove base for hotels, stairwells etc. They've done a lot of work for various athletes who live in the area, and they did a couple rugs for Carrot Top years back for one of his shows. I think recently they did the rugs used in the oval office exhibit here in town while the DNC was going on.

Wow, that's actually pretty interesting. I never knew custom rug making was a thing.

Wow, that's actually pretty interesting. I never knew custom rug making was a thing.

Its basically a lot of stuff like this:

http://www.thecontemporarycouch.com/images/Rugs/Large/modern-custom-area-rug.jpg
http://www.customrugco.com/images/Tucson_rug.jpg.JPG
http://www.fashion-carpets.com/custom rugs.jpg

Those are just images I found but their work is similar to that when they're doing legit custom creations for people. I have a rug of sonic the hedgehog, the bat symbol, wu tang symbol, and a couple others that they've made me over the years. They've been doing it for a long time and have gotten very good at it

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Its basically a lot of stuff like this:

http://www.thecontemporarycouch.com/images/Rugs/Large/modern-custom-area-rug.jpg
http://www.customrugco.com/images/Tucson_rug.jpg.JPG
http://www.fashion-carpets.com/custom rugs.jpg

Those are just images I found but their work is similar to that when they're doing legit custom creations for people. I have a rug of sonic the hedgehog, the bat symbol, wu tang symbol, and a couple others that they've made me over the years. They've been doing it for a long time and have gotten very good at it

Seems like a lot of work and care go into making these things. Very impressive. But if the Homeland production staff needed basic shag rugs, wouldn't it be easier and faster to just buy some from a store?

Choo Choo all aboard the hype-train!
3AQmK.gif

Nice OP Fry. Any notable new characters/actors?

Seems like a lot of work and care go into making these things. Very impressive. But if the Homeland production staff needed basic shag rugs, wouldn't it be easier and faster to just buy some from a store?

I don't even know. I don't know what they're doing really, they might just be modifying an existing rug somehow. Their workroom is connected to a bigger carpet warehouse/store that they get a lot of materials and jobs from. I'll have to ask them when I get a chance, or try to get a picture of the rug itself

edit - asked them again and basically they're just binding an existing rug that was ordered for the show.  They got the job from some other store

sorry for derail, this is all just really exciting to me

This show probably should have been a miniseries like Band of Brothers instead. The finale of season one was bullshit because the writers would have had absolutely nowhere to go if something happened to Brody.

ZenaxPure

Also want to say, minor nit pick I know but I really really do not like the opening theme of the show. Too much black and white, flashing images, stuff randomly being upside down, and it kinda drags on a while. Wish they would drop it or change it lol.

Jake.

as mentioned, if the entire show actually ended with him
blowing himself up in the bunker
then it would have went down as one of the best series' ever - even at just 12 episodes. i guess networks don't have the balls of that shit though.

saul 4 world prez.

They could have done it like the wire and reset the scene every season, introduce new characters whilst still building the world and themes.

That may be true with network shows, but cable dramas tend to start slow and pick up viewers steadily from season to season. Mad Men, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, are all showing this pattern.

big ander

That may be true with network shows, but cable dramas tend to start slow and pick up viewers steadily from season to season. Mad Men, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, are all showing this pattern.
This right here. Cable shows seem to generally grow over the years, slowly. And actually, a lot of network shows are exemplifying this trend now too. A nice handful of bubble shows, when given a chance at a season 2 or 3, have ended up growing.

Miniseries are not as good for business as continuing shows. It is as simple as that.

Emwitus

Just got done with s1 and wow!! I wish 24 could have transitioned to something like this but oh well. I get my sorta fix from the show now. Honestly, I wish i'd waited a little more to go through the first season. Week is going to be a downer :( Best show on tv right now, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom