• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeland Season 2 |OT| It Hits Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

Yeah, that was my immediate reaction to the episode.I have never been pissed off at a show before, but I was a bit ticked off while finishing that finale.

And this. I had my mouth agape for the whole part since i was dumb enough not to realize how it was all going down. But I had my mouth open seeing the sniper take out elizabeth and the dignitaries all being crammed into the room as the plan came together then the writers taking the easy way out and not following it thru was disappointing.

EDIT:
BuddyJoeHooker
What should have happened: Brody's bomb doesn't go off, he goes into bathroom cue second bomber.

Someone get this guy to showtime now.

Emwitus

24-exclusive-new-clip.jpg

homeland-showtime-representative-brody-episode-10-9.jpg

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Got incredibly wrapped up in this for the 1st season. Started watching it with my wife when we ran out of series to catch on netflix and was pleasantly surprised for basically the whole season. The only weak part at times was Mrs. Daines and imo... some of the pacing of the show. Super curious how they are gonna roll with the fact that sheh is most definitely out of action after the end of last season. Like... she'll be freelance or whatever...

A copout to me would be just white washing over the season finale and "Welp she's a clever tortured genius and we need those types here in the info shack so past forgiven. Bring teh bagels on Mundays and we all good - rgr?!?!" ... needs to pick up and get moving at a nice pace fast.

- Oscar-winner F. Murray Abraham to appear in season 2
EW.com said:
Homeland, Showtime’s critically acclaimed series (which is up for a network record nine Emmy awards this weekend), is expanding the world beyond main characters Carrie (Claire Danes) and Brody (Damian Lewis).

EW has exclusively learned that Homeland’s producers have cast a very familiar face in a big recurring role: Academy Award-winner F. Murray Abraham (Amadeus) will be appearing later this season as
Dar Adul, described as “a brilliant intelligence operative in his 60-70’s. He has worked all over the world for the Special Activities Division of the CIA.”

vH7Ky.jpg

EDIT:
- Huffington Post interview: 'Homeland' Star Damian Lewis Talks Brody's Season 2 Struggle, The Emmys And More *spoilers, presumably*

Seriously. That finale basically made me very cautious in getting my hopes up ever again for this show because it says that they consider Lewis one of the permanent stars of the show.

Were this an HBO show, there wouldn't have been any fucking around and we would be on to another terrorist/fallout from the last attack this season.

I think the show is about Lewis as much as it is about Danes. To me it would make zero sense to kill him off unless they are ending things. He's not "villain of the season", he is one half of the show.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Well deserved. Hopefully all these wins will encourage more people to check out the season 2 premiere.

i watched it because of all the awards it won earlier this year..dont remember what award show it was but whatever. Its an incredible show. I seriously cant wait for season 2. I watched the first 25 min of the season 2 premiere...I need moarrrr

Necrovex

Boardwalk Empire S2 would like to have a word with you.

Is the second season really that much better than the first? I enjoyed Boardwalk, but I couldn't motivate myself to watch the second season. Though, I also forgot a lot of the plotlines from the first season.

Anyway, HYPED for this new season of Homeland.

Is the second season really that much better than the first? I enjoyed Boardwalk, but I couldn't motivate myself to watch the second season. Though, I also forgot a lot of the plotlines from the first season.

Anyway, HYPED for this new season of Homeland.

Yeah, season 2 was way better than season 1

Really awesome to see Lewis win today. I still think Cranston's performance was better, but i've been a fan of Damien Lewis since Band of Brothers and it's awesome to see him recognized like this

Fry

Really awesome to see Lewis win today. I still think Cranston's performance was better, but i've been a fan of Damien Lewis since Band of Brothers and it's awesome to see him recognized like this

It was only his first major award win.

So yeah, he deserves it and I'm glad he won it. The only person I wouldn't mind winning over Bryan.

Fry

The show won the following categories:

Outstanding Drama Series;
Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series;
Outstanding Lead Actor In A Drama Series;
Outstanding Lead Actress In A Drama Series.

iFHzVd16H3GAR.jpg

iqbwUMaXI2OHj.jpg

i1g3T3opvecGH.jpg

big ander

Glad to see Lewis finally get his make-up Oscar for Winters.

Big part of the reason I'm perfectly fine with him winning. I'd likely put Cranston over Lewis just barely, but Cranston already having a few shelffuls of trophies while Lewis never got one for BoB needed to be rectified.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I'm very happy that they've let Morena Baccarin grow her hair out a bit.

/superficial

I think there was only one in the premiere.

Regardless, you don't need excuses to watch this show. It's great.

There was at least one more scene later in the series
when Brody just masturbates in front of her and then rolls over and goes to sleep

CassSept

I've been thinking about watching this show over the last few years after all the recommendations around on GAF, but was always hesitant because, well, Showtime. But, I guess I can give it a try. See you soon in this thread!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I've been thinking about watching this show over the last few years after all the recommendations around on GAF, but was always hesitant because, well, Showtime. But, I guess I can give it a try. See you soon in this thread!

It's only been out for a year, lol

I guess Emmys is gonna give this show a pretty big boost in interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom