• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors JP Twitter Teases New Character Reveal This Week

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
今週新たなプレイアブルキャラが公開される確率98%。週刊ファミ通をチェックされる事を推奨します。
There is a 98% chance of a new character reveal this week

Will update when character is revealed, which will probably be around Tuesday as that seems to be when Famitsu always drops.

Gee I wonder who it could be? Although keep in mind they've been revealing characters in twos lately (Zelda and Midna, Lana and Agitha), so it might be more than one.

Fi >>>>>>> Midna

Lunar15

With the arrival of Fi, I hope that means we'll see Groose shortly after. They seem to be doing reveals in chunks by game.

Teriaaaaa!

Neo Member
hqdefault.jpg

I guess the honeymoon period I was having with this game had to end at some point.

Groose would cancel out Fi's general awful-ness.

Mojojo

Lots of Fi name-dropping on the twitter page, but think it's time for a new male character reveal :
betting on a Goron : Biggoron!

RagnarokX

Well that's obviously going to be Fi. The oddly specific non-commital % is a dead giveaway.

I wonder, will she be the Master Sword in this game or will they change that?

thekin

Banned
You see this is the problem with current games there are no secrets anymore, the characters already announced more than satisfy my hunger, Keep the rest a secret till the game is released, that way i can cry after spending 90h to unlock the final player and find out it was just Navi and her special attack is HAY LISTEN.

I wasn't aware there was anyone who played Skyward Sword who didn't completely despise Fi.

I don't hate her at all. In fact I think it's kinda cool that she's a part of the Master Sword, makes the other appearances of the Master Sword seem even more interesting. Like that odd moment in OOT where it shines for no reason.

However, I think her personality wise, could have been handled better. The reveal at the end would made more sense if she started showing emotion/questioning things at some point earlier in the game and it just developed from there.

A lot of people really exaggerate what Fi does. She's not that great of a character but she's also not the handholding nightmare you'd be led to believe.
I'm hyperbolic about my hate for her but you have to admit SS's ending focusing more on saying goodbye to Fi, someone who barely shows any personality up until that point, over saying goodbye to Impa is total bullshit.

Guess this means the King of Red Lions could be playable if they're integrating every sidekick, so that's good news at least.

RagnarokX

I'm hyperbolic about my hate for her but you have to admit SS's ending focusing more on saying goodbye to Fi, someone who barely shows any personality up until that point, over saying goodbye to Impa is total bullshit.

Guess this means the King of Red Lions could be playable if they're integrating every sidekick, so that's good news at least.

I really wish they had done a better job with Fi to make that ending work better. I think they tried. I think a lot of the things people think were meant to be handholding were meant to endear the player to her character by pointing out how flawed she was. Stuff like how she gives less than % chances on things that you KNOW have a 100% chance and the only time she gives an answer with any certainty she gives you a 0% chance of returning from the final boss battle. And also the juxtaposition between her and Ghirahim; the same type of lifeform but totally different in every other way. A couple of times she made me smile with the absurdity of her answers and analysis but they didn't do enough to evolve her character to make her role in the ending have much impact. There were moments, like her dealings with the ancient robots, Scrapper, and Scervo. "Master, that synthetic life-form... There is a 99% chance that it was the pirate described by the captain. I can't help but admire the tenacity it has displayed in staying alive and functional all these years."

fucking Fi

are you serious.

Well, Skyward Sword was going to get characters anyway so I can't say I didn't see something like this coming. I suppose Groose should balance it out with his brand of awesome.

Oh, haha, totally missed the Fi reference in the tweet.

I wonder how she'll fight? Considering she kinda-sorta IS a sword... will she perhaps morph into the Master Sword and swing herself or something?

random25

98% is kinda a giveaway for Fi at this point. Not sure why a lot of you are still expecting any other character this week. :p

Village

fucking Fi

are you serious.

Well, Skyward Sword was going to get characters anyway so I can't say something like this coming. I suppose Groose should balance it out with his brand of awesome.

I don't think groose is gonna get into it at all.

Top Bottom