• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 trailer due tomorrow at 8AM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
I do wonder if that will be a world in KH3.

I'd be willing to make an avatar bet that it will be. A mysterious town that we only see a bit of showing up in a 2D game that released between two numbered KH titles and has a name that signifies a time of day? It's Twilight Town 2.0

Dominator

Oh shit didn't even see this news until now. I'll sleep and watch this the second I wake up. KH gets my juices flowing.

I only ever played KH1, it was enjoyable enough. What the hell is with all these .5 .8 games, I actually don't understand what's happening with these games. It's a complete turnoff for those wanting to get into the series.

Kinsei

Banned
I only ever played KH1, it was enjoyable enough. What the hell is with all these .5 .8 games, I actually don't understand what's happening with these games. It's a complete turnoff for those wanting to get into the series.

They called the first HD collection 1.5 because it included the first game and the two games that took place between the first game and Kingdom Hearts II, they called the second HD collection 2.5 to go along with the naming of the first game, and now they're calling the third HD collection 2.8 since it can't be called 3.5.

Tsunamo

I hope there's not a critical mode trophy

There probably will be though
And if it's like the original DDD we'll have to unlock Critical mode by beating the game on Proud. Oh joy!
I'm pretty sure Nomura also said that 3D wouldn't be re-released in a HD version on PS4 too.
Never trust a Nomura quote, unless said quote is a vague answer avoiding the question asked in the firstplace saying please look forward to it.
I'm going to laugh if Aqua looks like a plastic toy like everyone else in 0.2.
Have faith Frank. Aqua will look amazing and be the only one to standout from the rest in 0.2

I can only hope :(
I do wonder if that will be a world in KH3.
This is going awhile back, but people got a behind closed doors/event showing of Kingdom Hearts 3 where it showed Sora exploring a world that people assumed were a restored Land of Departure, however looking back and hearing the description of it, along with them having a unreal engine 4 render of Daybreak Town i'm more inclined to believe that it was actually Daybreak Town and that it's a world in 3.

Highway

Banned
Daybreak Town

KH28-Screen_03-28-16.jpg

This looks like the city from Tangled

Tsunamo

They called the first HD collection 1.5 because it included the first game and the two games that took place between the first game and Kingdom Hearts II, they called the second HD collection 2.5 to go along with the naming of the first game, and now they're calling the third HD collection 2.8 since it can't be called 3.5.
That's basically the logical reasoning. You get 1.5, 2.5, 2.8 and then 3 and go in numeral order and that's basically the whole series in order. (excluding Unchained X on mobile) Nomuras reasoning was way more (hilariously) complicated though.
The games included in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix are set before Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, so that game is “2.6” in the series. Since Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover/Kingdom Hearts Unchained is supposed to be the first game in the mainline series, that is being represented as “0” in the collection. And lastly, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is “0.1” and that then leads into Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage. Add 2.6+0+2.8 and all three titles in the collection will equal to 2.8.

Tsunamo

Wait Daybreak town is in which game?
Unchained Chi, the free to play mobile game that's set in the keyblade war before 1/BBS. It's basically the main hub of the game, the reason it's got a 2.8 render is because the movie on this collection (X Back Cover) covers events that happened behind the scenes in that game so they've done a few locations from there in unreal engine 4 to go along with it.

Jesus, how many kindom hearts games are there?

What does this collection include?

Tsunamo

This one includes Dream Drop Distance in HD which is the game that leads into 3, 0.2 which leads into KH3 also (it was originally meant to be a part of the intro of the game, so think of it as the Ground Zeroes of KH) and a movie detailing the behind the scenes of the mobile game.

It sounds really complicated, but it's really not. You can basically get the 3 collections, play them in number order (1.5, 2.5, 2.8) and you'll be caughtup, or play KH1, KH2, Birth By Sleep, Dream Drop Distance and that covers the essentials up till 3. The games that were spin-offs they turned into movies in the first two collections. Quite a few games in the series are skippable honestly, but if you really want a number not including KH3 there's about 8/9 games all up.

Slaythe

They really need 2.5 on ps4 :/ ...

ps3 version was fucking garbage between the glitches and THE AWFUL LOADING TIMES.

Worse than ps2 for fuck sake. For a game designed around getting to next area with a loading, and using drive forms etc... that was just obnoxious. Ruined many battles you had to "pause" not to get screwed over, on harder difficulties.

sappyday

They really need 2.5 on ps4 :/ ...

ps3 version was fucking garbage between the glitches and THE AWFUL LOADING TIMES.

Worse than ps2 for fuck sake. For a game designed around getting to next area with a loading, and using drive forms etc... that was just obnoxious. Ruined many battles you had to "pause" not to get screwed over, on harder difficulties.

And no 60 fps. I honestly want to play KH in 60 frames just to see how it'll feel and I'm someone who doesn't care much about 60 fps.

I don't know if I'll buy this. I loved KH1 back in the day (about 2002, I guess?), but really didn't like KH2 when I got around to playing it. The entire plot of the series very quickly lost me, although I do find S-E's incompetence at handling the franchise fascinating.

DDD is ok but this is by far the ''worst'' collection thus far looking at the content. I doubt Back Cover is exactly Citizen Kane so a lot depends on the 0.2. Don't let me down, Nomura!

Unchained Chi, the free to play mobile game that's set in the keyblade war before 1/BBS. It's basically the main hub of the game, the reason it's got a 2.8 render is because the movie on this collection (X Back Cover) covers events that happened behind the scenes in that game so they've done a few locations from there in unreal engine 4 to go along with it.
Oh wow oops, I play that game and that slipped my mind thanks. I wonder how this place would show up in KH3 tho. Unchained takes place in the realm of sleep right?

raven777

DDD is ok but this is by far the ''worst'' collection thus far looking at the content. I doubt Back Cover is exactly Citizen Kane so a lot depends on the 0.2. Don't let me down, Nomura!

yea while this is the weakest collection in terms of content, but this is the collection that has most of the new stuff.... Back Cover will at least be better than the story stuff from 1.5 and 2.5 with it's improved visuals.
0.2 will be the first chance to actually play something like a preview of KH3.

I just hope 0.2 is not too short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom