• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 trailer due tomorrow at 8AM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsunamo

I just hope 0.2 is not too short.
I think we got told something along the lines of it being a length of a world, it was originally planned to be a part of the KH3 prologue but it ended up getting to big/ambitious so here we are with it in 2.8, and I think it might have also been mentioned that it takesplace in the castle of dreams (which goes with the world length comment, and with how BBSFM's secret episode ended on), so I'm expecting about 4 hours.

It would be nice if there's a bunch of extra sidestuff to do to up the length a bit. I don't want it to just be a straightforward thing with barely any replayablitiy but it'll probably endup being that.
2 hours to go.

Really hope we get box art
I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that X Unchained medal the Japanese branch was teasing wasn't a Aqua render from the game, but Nomura art of Aqua from 2.8's boxart so I think we'll get it if we get a date. Fingers crossed anyway.
Oh wow oops, I play that game and that slipped my mind thanks. I wonder how this place would show up in KH3 tho. Unchained takes place in the realm of sleep right?
It was never confirmed but it's been hugely hinted at. Chi's story ends in September and this comes out this year, so between that and backcover we'll probably findout what's going on.
I understand what comes with it, what I mean is the name.
The games are set before 3 but takeplace after the PS3 HD Collections so the number fits in with them.

The Final Chapter Prologue is a bit silly to add onto it though.

I understand what comes with it, what I mean is the name.

Taken from an interview Nomura had with Famitsu when 2.8 was announced.

––So after KH1.5 and KH2.5, then came 2.8. I was surprised. Please tell us the origin of the title that contains 2.8.

Nomura: It contains a bit of meaning. First, we considered the types of games that are being included such as KH3D and with the previous work being 2.5… it would be positioned as “2.6” corresponding to the works. And there’s χ, Unchained χ, and χ Back Cover, being part of the Chi series, I believe would be called the “0” with Sora’s absence. In KHBBS it’s “0.1” and this time KH0.2BBS includes the title “0.2”. So, “2.6”+”0”+”0.2” comes out as a number that turns into “2.8”.

It's about as Nomura as you would expect at this point. Hilariously dumb.

Slaythe

And no 60 fps. I honestly want to play KH in 60 frames just to see how it'll feel and I'm someone who doesn't care much about 60 fps.

Problem is the whole game is designed at 30 fps.

If you ever played level 1 critical, you know how crucial the timing is.

60 fps would make it virtually unbeatable, I think. imagine fighting Terra at level 1 at 60 fps, lol.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Shit. Now I've got to stay up longer

giphy.gif

ViciousDS

Banned
I still don't get the logic behind 2.8.

In an interview with Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu (translated by Kotaku and NovaCrystallis), Nomura said that because the games in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix are set before Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, that game is actually "2.6" in the overall franchise.

"Since Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover/Kingdom Hearts Unchained is supposed to be the first game in the mainline series, that is being represented as '0' in the collection," NovaCrystallis reports. "And lastly, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is '0.1' and that then leads into Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep."

Thus, the 2.8 number comes from 2.6 plus 0 plus 0.2.

um.....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaa

––So after KH1.5 and KH2.5, then came 2.8. I was surprised. Please tell us the origin of the title that contains 2.8.

Nomura: It contains a bit of meaning. First, we considered the types of games that are being included such as KH3D and with the previous work being 2.5… it would be positioned as “2.6” corresponding to the works. And there’s χ, Unchained χ, and χ Back Cover, being part of the Chi series, I believe would be called the “0” with Sora’s absence. In KHBBS it’s “0.1” and this time KH0.2BBS includes the title “0.2”. So, “2.6”+”0”+”0.2” comes out as a number that turns into “2.8”.

4cdawwro3xkv.gif

sappyday

um.....yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaa

lmao.

So I guess it's like this
Birth by Sleep - 0
Aqua's Short Story - 0.2
KH1 - 1
CoM - .1
KH 358/2 Days - .4
KH2 - 2
KH coded - .5
DDD - 2.6
Unchained - ???

Edit: apparently BBS is 0.1

So the true order is this.
Birth by Sleep - 0.1
Aqua's Short Story - 0.2
KH1 - 1
CoM - .1
KH 358/2 Days - .4
KH2 - 2
KH coded - .4
DDD - 2.6
Unchained - 0

Rootbeer

Banned
i really wish they would release 1.5 and 2.5 on PS4 and/or Steam because I really want to retire my PS3 and they are two of the few games that I want to be able to replay in the future that haven't been ported over to one of those platforms.

Anyway, excited for the 2.8 trailer in an hour.

Tsunamo

Unchained knocked BBS off of the 0 pedestal so now it's 0 and Birth By Sleep is 0.1, which leads into 0.2.

Nomura gonna Nomura.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
In an interview with Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu (translated by Kotaku and NovaCrystallis), Nomura said that because the games in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix are set before Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, that game is actually "2.6" in the overall franchise.

"Since Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover/Kingdom Hearts Unchained is supposed to be the first game in the mainline series, that is being represented as '0' in the collection," NovaCrystallis reports. "And lastly, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is '0.1' and that then leads into Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep."

Thus, the 2.8 number comes from 2.6 plus 0 plus 0.2.
R6JoQL.gif

wmlk

"––So after KH1.5 and KH2.5, then came 2.8. I was surprised. Please tell us the origin of the title that contains 2.8.

Nomura: It contains a bit of meaning. First, we considered the types of games that are being included such as KH3D and with the previous work being 2.5… it would be positioned as “2.6” corresponding to the works. And there’s χ, Unchained χ, and χ Back Cover, being part of the Chi series, I believe would be called the “0” with Sora’s absence. In KHBBS it’s “0.1” and this time KH0.2BBS includes the title “0.2”. So, “2.6”+”0”+”0.2” comes out as a number that turns into “2.8”."

-- Tetsuya "Glorious Vision" Nomura

DKHF

So close now. I hope Aqua's model looks good in UE4.

I'm still not a fan of Sora's model in UE4 for the most part and prefer this. I want it to be closer to the CG cutscene models (though IIRC Nomura or Yasue said they purposely didn't make it look like the CG models and wanted a more cartoonish look so it probably won't happen). But at least there's still a lot of time left until KH3's release so they have time to improve it.

Tsunamo

After SE using Rage Awakened in every single trailer it's almost refreshing!
Poor Falk.
edit: While I agree that 60fps isn't going to affect timing and such in any significant way, this video appears 30fps to me, despite the title and a 60fps YouTube stream. Too lazy to rip and framecount though.
Yeah I wasn't too sure on if it was actually 60fps to be honest. It was just the quickest one I could find on youtube as I know a couple of folks have already done that.

raven777

So close now. I hope Aqua's model looks good in UE4.

I'm still not a fan of Sora's model in UE4 for the most part and prefer this. I want it to be closer to the CG cutscene models (though IIRC Nomura or Yasue said they purposely didn't make it look like the CG models and wanted a more cartoonish look so it probably won't happen). But at least there's still a lot of time left until KH3's release so they have time to improve it.

Yea I think the latest part where Sora was riding that shooting ride looked better than the initial E3 2015 version, so hopefully it improves as development goes along.

RGamer2009

Neo Member
They are showing off this 2.8 trailer now cause during the Sony conf, they will be showing off the new KH3 trailer.
Please?

Tsunamo

They are showing off this 2.8 trailer now cause during the Sony conf, they will be showing off the new KH3 trailer.
Please?
I'd actually say this is more likely than people think if they have new content to showoff rather than the sae Tangled area again.

sappyday

Yea I think the latest part where Sora was riding that shooting ride looked better than the initial E3 2015 version, so hopefully it improves as development goes along.

Eraqus and Xehanort in particular look terrible in E3 trailer. Honestly, the way the models look recently in KH3 has soured my hype for it. I've always considered KH's art style top notch and imo hold up better than most PS2 games especially 2.

Auctopus

Please?

Whilst I'm looking forward towards Kingdom Hearts more than FFXV, I don't think we'll be hearing anything about KH3 until TGS now. The game is a 2017 game and the Sony Conference will be too focused on FFXV (possible FF7 Remake update just to play up the crowd) to show any KH3.

Possibly a new world debuted at Square Enix' conference?

Setsu00

"––So after KH1.5 and KH2.5, then came 2.8. I was surprised. Please tell us the origin of the title that contains 2.8.

Nomura: It contains a bit of meaning. First, we considered the types of games that are being included such as KH3D and with the previous work being 2.5… it would be positioned as “2.6” corresponding to the works. And there’s χ, Unchained χ, and χ Back Cover, being part of the Chi series, I believe would be called the “0” with Sora’s absence. In KHBBS it’s “0.1” and this time KH0.2BBS includes the title “0.2”. So, “2.6”+”0”+”0.2” comes out as a number that turns into “2.8”."

-- Tetsuya "Glorious Vision" Nomura

Well, you can't say that he lacks imagination.

sappyday

Whilst I'm looking forward towards Kingdom Hearts more than FFXV, I don't think we'll be hearing anything about KH3 until TGS now. The game is a 2017 game and the Sony Conference will be too focused on FFXV (possible FF7 Remake update just to play up the crowd) to show any KH3.

Possibly a new world debuted at Square Enix' conference?

I don't think there's a Square conference this year.

Setsu00

I still think 358/2 Days is the king. I still don't know how you pronounce it, or what it means.

"Three houndred fifty eight days over two". The Japanese title spells it out in katakana.

It refers
to the year that Sora spent dormant after Chain of Memories and how Roxas and Xion share these days. 358 days also lacks an entire week for a full year and refers to the prologue of KH2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom