• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone OS 4 Event - April 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
top-1.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/05/apple-holding-iphone-os-4-event-april-8th/

...out of fucking nowhere! :lol

Where: Apple's Cupertino Campus: Building 4, Town Hall
When: 10AM PST

Live Blogs
Engadget
TWiT
Gizmodo
9to5 Mac
MacRumors (maybe?)

Time Until the Event
t1270746000z4.png

LCfiner

About damn time!

looks like they were just waiting for the iPad to ship before setting all this up.

fingers crossed for improved notifications, lockscreen info improvements and custom ugly-ass themes support (lol).

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
This month is getting insane already, Microsoft just announced a special event on the 12th:lol

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
awesome

Now for Steve to drop the '$10 for iPad upgrade' bombshell just because he can.

Ahhhh I've shit myself!!!!

Let's hope they've moved far enough ahead to do more than play catch up to all the amazing stuff on the market right now.

Wait...I neeeeeeeed to know the times!!!

EDIT: Gizmodo got a invite to a iPhone 4.0 sneak peak on April 8th at 10am Pacific time. Yes, that is in 3 days.

RubxQub

krypt0nian said:
Wait...I neeeeeeeed to know the times!!!
I think I'll just turn this into the official thread for the event itself, so I'll update the OP when some actual info shows up.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This is awesome as iphone OS4 is the biggest thing I've wanted to see from Apple this year outside of the new iphone. Yet half the reason I wanted to see the new phone is just to see the new OS.

LCfiner

Ghost said:
awesome

Now for Steve to drop the '$10 for iPad upgrade' bombshell just because he can.

This was actually in some license agreement for the ipad.

first major OS upgrade is free, but the rest will be paid

RubxQub

So what are the chances a new iPhone will be announced along side this?

I'm eligible to upgrade from my 3G. Don't want to have to wait until June.

jamieson87 said:

I'm thinking the same. My contract is up in May, it'd be so much easier if I could just slide in to a new upgrade, but I doubt it'll be that easy.

RubxQub

I wouldn't at all be surprised if this is the iPhone 4G reveal as well, with them being available down the pipe in June for purchase.

...hell, maybe they'll announce some Macbook upgrades just for shits and giggles? :lol

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
jamieson87 said:

My bet would be low because they still need something big to roll out at the conference in June. This new OS showing will help lead the ipad hype train along, and keep the buzz a floating. Plus it'll just be something to get people anticipating in terms of the next phone. Everyone will be like OMG I wonder what this awesome new OS will look like on the new phone.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Y2Kev said:
OMG YESSSSSSS

but it will probably launch in like july :(
June hopefully, to be in sync with last year's 3GS unveiling.

Will be interesting, but I'll keep my expectations low.

Husker86

RubxQub said:
I wouldn't at all be surprised if this is the iPhone 4G reveal as well, with them being available down the pipe in June for purchase.

...hell, maybe they'll announce some Macbook upgrades just for shits and giggles? :lol

Stop toying with my mind!

Bought a C2D MBP a couple weeks ago fully planning on returning it when the new models come out...I have a 45-day return policy so I hope to hear an announcement this month! (I'll probably return it anyway if there is no announcement).

qwerty2k

Almost certain to announced long overdue macbook pro updates as well, YAY \0/, finally can purchase my new macbook pro.

Info on the lockscreen (such as weather) is probably my most wanted feature, don't really gaf about multitasking.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
LCfiner said:
This was actually in some license agreement for the ipad.

first major OS upgrade is free, but the rest will be paid

First one after purchase is free or the first one after release is free? (ie do people who wait till april 9th get OS5 for free?)

syoaran

Good stuff - but strange about the timing; maybe Apple just figure they should ride the MO(tivation) Train while its hot.

Job's - I'm looking at you to bring me a iPad UK date and pricing in the same week - and remember we just came out our worst recession in a loonnnng time - so none of this £200 Apple tax plzkthx

RubxQub

SimleuqiR said:
All I can think of when I see that big ass 4...

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/fantastic_four_by_jp_rart.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
If someone awesome wants to make a thread banner with the Fantastic 4 logo somehow involved, I'll be happy to use it in the OP instead of that current placeholder image.

Just make sure to make the font Apple'y otherwise expect the pimp hand! :lol

RevoDS

mujahidmd said:
I hope 4.0 gets Jailbreaked . If they add multitasking the phone will be complete
Apple cannot prevent jailbreaking without releasing new devices without a workable exploit. Once a device is jailbreakable, it will always be (tethered jailbreak notwithstanding).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom