• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jane the Virgin S2 |OT| Mex Education

Someone give a synopsis! Football has taken over the TV.

Jane gets mad at noisy neighbors for waking up Mateo. Her family convinces Jane to finally shower cause she's stinky. Jane continually dreams of Mateo being stolen. She also reminisces about a bad camping trip with Michael that became a happy memory. Michael and Rafael have growing tension and each spend time with Jane until she confesses that she loves them both. She also steals the neighbor's amp (poor Kesha) and the cops come to investigate. NATURALLY they are asking poor Alba for her ID and she doesn't have one and runs to "find it" while Jane handles the sitch. They leave and Jane comforts her and she is super sad. At the end, Alba announces she is going to try to obtain her greencard, despite knowing she may get deported if she is rejected (bless you Abuela). Meanwhile Xo and Rogelio are stuck onboard a cruise ship to Cuba. Rogelio decides he wants to stay married but Xo finds out he has MAJOR unresolved issues from his ex wife. She wants an annulment and they agree to take a slight step back and go on a date and talk it over. MEANWHILE MEANWHILE Luisa has been getting more involved with the hotel, Scott got switched and now works in the lounge away from Rafael because he blackmailed Petra over her stealing the sperm, and Petra herself is upset because Lachlan faked a company and won a property bid and is threatening to build a large building by the Marbela, ruining the beachfront view and thus much of the value of the Marbela. Also Petra is confirmed pregnant and Rafael got a call from the sperm bank where they informed him that Petra took the sperm sample. We also found out that Rose had been to Switzerland before she used the identity of Rose, which Michael can hopefully use to track her prior activities.

I think that's almost everything, but I'm missing another thing Luisa did for sure.

And damn this show packs a lot into each episode when I see how much i have to type to summarize a single episode.

OMG!!! Tonight was one of the funniest episodes ever, also the ending was crazy good. I'm glad they don't drag this shit out. Also Keshaaaaaaa ❤.

Bladenic

So can Abuela understand English just not speak it or what? Cuz they all talk to her in English but she only speaks Spanish and mentioned the cops couldn't speak Spanish.

Also nice body Rogelio

So can Abuela understand English just not speak it or what? Cuz they all talk to her in English but she only speaks Spanish and mentioned the cops couldn't speak Spanish.

Also nice body Rogelio
Well, logics say she should be able to speak it as well but I guess it's just part of her trauma, she probably feels insecure about it so she just speaks Spanish, I guess.

Gina liked a pic I posted on my Instagram!!!!!

Also nice body Rogelio
Understanding language and producing it are very different. She probably could speak English if she wanted but it'd be very broken. I can speak Spanish so when I read Portuguese I can understand it almost entirely. If you asked me to write it, though, it'd be a completely different story and I wouldn't even know where to start.
The actor actually speaks English very well so it's not something they couldn't explore in the future if they wanted to.
For the sake of communication she speaks in Spanish. Everybody understands each other that way and it's easiest on everybody.

Pau

Also nice body Rogelio
A lot of my family members are like this. Understand when I speak to them in English, but can't really speak it.

On the flip side, I understand Spanish perfectly but have been losing speaking proficiency because I never get to practice it. Really frustrating.

Sober

OMG the scene where Luisa reads the report then shouts "Rick!" and the caption says "Lachlan!" fucking killed me :lol

Bladenic

Well, logics say she should be able to speak it as well but I guess it's just part of her trauma, she probably feels insecure about it so she just speaks Spanish, I guess.

Gina liked a pic I posted on my Instagram!!!!!

OMG WHAT???? the one you posted?? I'm jealous

also this episode was amazing, good to see the show hasn't suffered the S2 curse (although it's early yet)

Hmm, so there's this theory re: Petra floating around:

Scott replaced Rafael's sperm with his own in order to trap Petra into giving him an heir for her 33% share of the Marbella.

This would be so deliciously wicked. Plus, it would explain why (considering Rafael learned about Petra's DIY artificial insemination so quickly anyway) the writers even bothered with Scott and his blackmail scheme this season.

It would also make sense because
Rafael's sample probably died anyway, having been kept away from a freezer for so long after being put in the nursery by accident.

lawd

Hahaha at the ending.

Since the end of last season I've kind of expected Xiomara to get pregnant and I'm still kind of expecting it but not so sure with the on coming Petra baby drama.

EDIT: I remembered what it was that I wanted to GIF, I really hope they got a nice bit of money for this, when I saw the bag I was like "wow, that's some Target advertising" little did I know it was just the start in that scene.

SrFlrHu.gif

I cut the length significantly and shrunk this but it's still 13MB. >_<

Neverwas

Started watching this over this last weekend on Netflix... and I don't have much of a life, so I was 100% caught up by Tuesday. What an excellent show! I don't think I can heap enough praise onto Gina Rodriguez.

OMG WHAT???? the one you posted?? I'm jealous

also this episode was amazing, good to see the show hasn't suffered the S2 curse (although it's early yet)
Yup, that one :D

EDIT: I remembered what it was that I wanted to GIF, I really hope they got a nice bit of money for this, when I saw the bag I was like "wow, that's some Target advertising" little did I know it was just the start in that scene.

SrFlrHu.gif

I cut the length significantly and shrunk this but it's still 13MB. >_<
LOL, they've always had target advertising but this particularly stood up because of the: GET THIST NURSERY NOW AT TARGET!!!!!! ad on the bottom.

Another wonderful episode.

Man, the avalanche of tears during the baptism scene ;___;

And again during the Thanksgiving turkey baster scene
lol.gif

jb1234

I'm firmly on team Rafael and wish Michael would go away. :p Obviously that's not going to happen any time soon so I hope they at least resolve this love triangle, which has gone on for long enough. I'm bored with it.

Alba in particular has been delivering this season. The scene where she thought she was going to get deported broke my heart.

Blackhead

Redarse
ha that running gag with the 'diary' was a very sweet ending. Good to Lina around this season, she's been criminally underused.

Neverwas

the casting for young Alba was spot on. looked just like her.

great episode. agree that Luisa's german was hilarious.

ilikeme

I've been bingeing this show and just caught up.. This is so amazing. And it just keeps on delivering. Favourite show in a long while. Makes me straight up LAUGH, like really really laugh.

Love it. So many funny details.

I wonder how they're going to handle the baby growing because eventually he or she will need to be replaced and I got a feeling it might be jarring.

Koppai

So the guy that played Alba's husband (Jane's Grandpa) is some guy that I have on my Facebook lol. Thought I recognized him, he is a cutie lol.

Sober

The Passions of Santos/Make Love Week intrusion in the corner :lol

Also when the narrator had to shout over the music haha

That brief moment when Rogelio and Luciana paused to look at themselves in the mirror...

Those moments of physical comedy are simply magical on this show
lol.gif

jb1234

I could watch an entire episode of Alba reacting to things. The Scientology explanation scene was hysterical.

Blackhead

Redarse
More Lina is always good.

Is it bad that I almost want Petra and Rafeal together? I just want Petra to be happy... *cue narrator reminder of all the evil and crazy things Petra has done* ... ahh never mind.

Top Bottom