• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jane the Virgin S2 |OT| Mex Education

Can I mention how freaking hot Gina Rodriguez looked in that party dress, by the way?

Also, it's a crime against humanity that Justin Baldoni has gotten so buff between seasons, and yet the only shirtless scene we got is one so tender and innocent (him cradling Mateo) that I felt terrible for ogling him?
lol.gif

More Lina is always good.

Is it bad that I almost want Petra and Rafeal together? I just want Petra to be happy... *cue narrator reminder of all the evil and crazy things Petra has done* ... ahh never mind.

Fuck that, get Petra and Michael together. Based on their interactions there is definitely something between them

Blackhead

Redarse
Fuck that, get Petra and Michael together. Based on their interactions there is definitely something between them

haha that would be good too. Although Jane probably won't brush it off as easily as she did Michael and Nadaine sleeping together OMG I thought that was going to hang as a potential 'shocking telenovela revelation' and the JtV writers just wrapped that up real quick lol. Not sure if that was realistic or a good decision but this show really doesn't mess around with drawn out secrets and dangling plotlines; I love it.

Anybody reviewing the show this season? AVClub Ratings have been seesawing this season — alternating between an A and B so far instead of the long strings of As last season —but still one of the best shows on TV. Here's the most recent AVClub review: Chapter Twenty-Six B+

here's an earlier review by Alan Sepinwall on HitFix — Review: Did 'Jane The Virgin' Premiere do right by its Kidnapping Cliffhanger?

haha that would be good too. Although Jane probably won't brush it off as easily as she did Michael and Nadaine sleeping together OMG I thought that was going to hang as a potential 'shocking telenovela revelation' and the JtV writers just wrapped that up real quick lol. Not sure if that was realistic or a good decision but this show really doesn't mess around with drawn out secrets and dangling plotlines; I love it.

Anybody reviewing the show this season? AVClub Ratings have been seesawing this season — alternating between an A and B so far instead of the long strings of As last season —but still one of the best shows on TV. Here's the most recent AVClub review: Chapter Twenty-Six B+

here's an earlier review by Alan Sepinwall on HitFix — Review: Did 'Jane The Virgin' Premiere do right by its Kidnapping Cliffhanger?
I think the show reviewed better last season because the fusion of intimate, small-scale drama with larger than life, telenovela fuckery was better balanced. Which makes sense because Jane was in the middle of all the drama.

Now, with Sin Rostro out of the picture, Petra in her own separate sphere of self-inflicted drama, and the whole Heidi von Ochre and Mudder stuff hanging in the air, it seems like the more fantastical elements of the show are way, way outside the protagonist's orbit. The result is that these pieces don't seem to connect, so it's hard to see the bigger picture of where things are headed.

I personally don't mind that the other characters have a bit more of their own stuff going on, though. The writers will find a way for it all to mean something.

Jane should tell Raf and Michael to fuck off at this point until she's more ready.

"You look amazing, what's your secret?"

"Birth control."

I LOL'd.

What do they say? I'm morbidly curious, but don't have Netflix.

I was only going to do a couple but then I pretty much snipped all of them.

sUkxNxU.png

dez4Adb.png

U74Zmyx.png

8AEWSUA.png

yKjHVwM.png

7CKq6ut.png

E8IC7b2.png

gud9lZd.png

kT0uzgI.png

xiiChAm.png

KYRywx5.png

There's currently 77 reviews and to be fair I think each of these had a fair number of "unhelpful" ratings for the helpfulness of the reviews. Including mine. >_>

I was only going to do a couple but then I pretty much snipped all of them.

There's currently 77 reviews and to be fair I think each of these had a fair number of "unhelpful" ratings for the helpfulness of the reviews. Including mine. >_>

Thanks for providing evidence, but wow. I'm very surprised actually, in my experience everyone who at least gave this show a chance liked it. Of course not everyone has the same taste, but the level of negativity is rather disheartening.

Thanks for providing evidence, but wow. I'm very surprised actually, in my experience everyone who at least gave this show a chance liked it. Of course not everyone has the same taste, but the level of negativity is rather disheartening.
It's obvious they haven't watched it.

Shame, though. The world would be a much better place if more people were kissed by the easy breeze of Latin Lover Narrator's vocal emanations.

Fantastical

Death Prophet

A lot of them are just bitter people complaining that she didn't get an abortion. She had a choice. She chose to have the baby. Apparently that is unacceptable.

EDIT: Just watched. Love this episode, one of the best in the series, IMO. Hilarious and sweet with the Lina stuff. Also yes, Gina looked great. Also I want her to end up with Michael, so that was nice.

Sober

A lot of them are just bitter people complaining that she didn't get an abortion. She had a choice. She chose to have the baby. Apparently that is unacceptable.
Well I guess you can't please everyone but yeah those are some salty ass comments in there.

Co-signed.

But the moment Mateo got hurt, I was like

janethevirginabuela-1431363299.gif

This is perfect, felt the same.

Even though the reviews haven't been as consistent for S2, for me it's still been as personal and hitting home just as hard. From a predominately female latina household, I had the same situation as Abuela and Xiomara - with my own grandmother and mother, where there was difficulty being there for each other after the passing of her husband. As telenovela and crazy as this show gets, it's still about the Villanuevas and I'm still usually in tears by the end of an episode.

Especially loved the #vote #vote #vote.

ilikeme

This show makes me appreciate the beginning of the week.

Starting to like Milos and Petra more and more ^^

Good episode again!

TripOpt55

This show is so good. I really loved this episode. So many little clever touches in this show like the scene transitions this week. Also #RafaelTheVirgin cracked me up.

Aww, Petra and Jane are so sweet together and Petra deserves a little time with non-crazy people. I'm half expecting a reveal that Milos hacked the fertility clinic to make his own sample appear in the records as Raphael's. Although the 'do twins run in the family' question and Madga's extreme reaction to some secret raise some questions too. We've seen some twins on the show but one set has been dead for a while and Victoria/Valeria have nothing to do with Petra.

Aww, Petra and Jane are so sweet together and Petra deserves a little time with non-crazy people. I'm half expecting a reveal that Milos hacked the fertility clinic to make his own sample appear in the records as Raphael's. Although the 'do twins run in the family' question and Madga's extreme reaction to some secret raise some questions too. We've seen some twins on the show but one set has been dead for a while and Victoria/Valeria have nothing to do with Petra.

!!! Could the girls actually be Roman Zazo's? I mean, if we assume that there was a sperm sample hoax/switcheroo.

!!! Could the girls actually be Roman Zazo's? I mean, if we assume that there was a sperm sample hoax/switcheroo.
I still think Scott switched Raf's sperm with his own the moment he found the capsule in Petra's office. His whole bribery angle was just misdirection.

Would be incredibly dark, but matches his opportunistic streak.

I thought it was a great ep. Hope they do more Hombres Locos.

I wonder if CW put some pressure on them to jump 5 months so that it's seasonally appropriate to do a lame "Black Friday at Target" storyline.

Disappointed that Michael didn't come out of the time jump with a sick beard.

Sandfox

That line is definitely going to come back in some way. I think the Roman thing makes the most sense unless there's another Petra or her mom out there.

Oh, saw that promo for next week's episode... Good lord and I thought they bashed it over our heads with the scene I GIF'd. Really hope the show/studio/CW is getting compensated well for this stuff.

Sober

I think I'm still #TeamRaf even after tonight.

Suck it Michael lovers!*

*until I change my mind in 3 weeks probably

Top Bottom